critter3of4
2015-03-13, 04:06 PM
EE Adventurer's League Factions

HARPERS
ORDER OF THE GAUNTLET
EMERALD ENCLAVE
LORDS' ALLIANCE
ZHENTARIM

I would copy/paste the faction info in a spoiler, but I'm using a kindle fire, so no dice.

I know factions are being used in the current campaign, but any elaboration beyond the player's guide would be much appreciated. At the moment, I'm particularly interested in the Lord's Alliance faction. But I'd like to hear anything you want to say on subject even if you haven't used them before.

So onto my questions:

Do you like factions?

What are people's experience with these in game play?

How do conflicting and cooperative factions affect party dynamics?

What supplements would you recommend to somebody trying to understand FR?
-My last experience with FR was Shadows of Amn CPRPG.
-I don't need the full FR setting boxed set with all the bells and whistles, but if that's the only thing available. So be it.

coredump
2015-03-13, 05:29 PM
I can't answer for FR in general, but as for AL...

So far, there isn't a whole lot going on with the Factions. You join one, and some of the Expeditions have some 'bonus quests', but they tend to be what you would be doing anyway, you just get reknown for your faction. But for now, there isn't much to do with that reknown. They have added some level3 downtime options, but there is no way to reach level 3 for 3 of the factions. (They will add that soonish I guess)

So, for now, pick the one you think sounds cool, and treat it as role playing fodder for now.