PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Duskblade + Swiftblade=full bab and rapid blitz

Void Bovine
2015-03-13, 06:07 PM
So was trying to figure out how to pull this off and I did it complete divine arcane disciple feat and take the time domain requirements r now met by lvl 9 was wondering what people think though it seems really good too me at late lvls but early on I'm not sure how well duskblades play so any help would be great base ideas 10 duskblade 10 swiftblade

Namfuak
2015-03-13, 08:16 PM
You should stick with Duskblade to 13 for full attack channelling. That said, haste + duskblade is a potent combination (especially with full attack channeling) and the Duskblade class features aren't particularly interesting after 13, so this seems like a decent combination. If you aren't taking it already, Expeditious Dodge from Races of the Wild (+2 dodge bonus when you move at least 40 feet in a round) is going to work well with this if you are regularly allowed to move around, and it explicitly serves to qualify you for anything else that requires Dodge, so you don't need to take that.

WhamBamSam
2015-03-13, 09:19 PM
So was trying to figure out how to pull this off and I did it complete divine arcane disciple feat and take the time domain requirements r now met by lvl 9 was wondering what people think though it seems really good too me at late lvls but early on I'm not sure how well duskblades play so any help would be great base ideas 10 duskblade 10 swiftbladeReally good compared to what? Compared to a Wizard it'll lag behind because casting reigns supreme over everything.

Duskblade 10 is a no-no. The usual duskblade breakpoints are 3 (Arcane Channeling), 5 (Channeling, Quick Cast 1, entry point for PrCs), or 13 (Full Attack Channeling). If you want a simple, Duskblade-y build that gets all the Swiftblade goodies, Duskblade 5/Abjurant Champ 5/Swiftblade 10 might get you more than the last 5 levels of Duskblade would.

Also note that Spring Attack (and by extension Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz) doesn't work with anything other than standard melee attacks. You can't channel spells that way, which makes this less appealing.

Void Bovine
2015-03-13, 10:09 PM
Yeah wow didn't even think can automatically qualify for abjurant champion at lvl 5 :smallbiggrin: that might be worth it thanks!

Allanimal
2015-03-15, 04:59 AM
If you want a simple, Duskblade-y build that gets all the Swiftblade goodies, Duskblade 5/Abjurant Champ 5/Swiftblade 10 might get you more than the last 5 levels of Duskblade would.

How do you qualify for Swiftblade? Haste isn't on the Duskblade spell list.

WeaselGuy
2015-03-15, 02:22 PM
How do you qualify for Swiftblade? Haste isn't on the Duskblade spell list.

So, I was trying to figure out how to pull this off and I did it: Complete Divine's Arcane Disciple feat, take the Time Domain (for Haste). Requirements are now met by lvl 9. Was wondering what people think. It seems really good too me at late lvls, but early on I'm not sure how well duskblades play, so any help would be great. Base idea is Duskblade 10/swiftblade 10

Sorry Void Bovine, I had to edit your post so that it would read clearer in order to point out to Allanimal how you got Haste.

Allanimal, see the bolded part of Void Bovine's post that I quoted above.

Allanimal
2015-03-15, 03:51 PM
Sorry Void Bovine, I had to edit your post so that it would read clearer in order to point out to Allanimal how you got Haste.

Allanimal, see the bolded part of Void Bovine's post that I quoted above.

Thanks, that's very useful.

Is there anything you can't get by picking up the correct domain?

Void Bovine
2015-03-16, 09:23 AM
Not sure but you use wisdom instead so really only useful for slow spell progression in most cases the more I think bout this though with abjurant champion you can actually extend lesser deflect for 2 rounds for free make spending a spell slot for it not seem so bad

also is any meta magic useful if I take arcane preparation?