PDA

View Full Version : Prehensile Feet?

Rubik
2015-03-13, 08:38 PM
Is there a way to grant a humanoid prehensile feet, templates and other racial abilities aside? Feat- or item-based, for preference.

I know there's a Prehensile Tail feat, but nothing else.

How about wings? Another...long, floppy appendage, perhaps?

Like a tongue? Yeah, let's go with that.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-13, 09:32 PM
What is the game effect of the appendage -- extra attacks/wielding a weapon, carrying capacity, climbing ability, extra movement, an extra ring slot?

Snowbluff
2015-03-13, 09:35 PM
Um... Deepspawn I think... some illithid feat that gives tentacles...

Why do you ask Rubik? Looking for a good time?

Rubik
2015-03-13, 09:42 PM
What is the game effect of the appendage -- extra attacks/wielding a weapon, carrying capacity, climbing ability, extra movement, an extra ring slot?Basically an extra hand, usable even when your normal hands would be full. I imagine they'd give bonuses on Climb and such, too.

Why do you ask Rubik? Looking for a good time?Just wanting more options.

What I do with them... Well, that's up to me, now, innit?

Also, completely unrelated (and quite awesome): https://www.fimfiction.net/story/182126/the-mighty-warrior-of-epicness

WhamBamSam
2015-03-13, 09:56 PM

Why do you ask Rubik? Looking for a good time?Deepspawn is an Aberration feat, not an Illithid feat, but it is indeed the one that gives you tentacles. It's handy for reach-op as well, since Aberration Blood is also a prereq for Inhuman Reach, and Deepspawn's tentacles qualify you for Extended Reach.

I think there are a few grafts that add tentacle or tentacle-like appendages. I can't remember whether any of the arm-centric ones just add arms instead of replacing your existing ones. Grafts in general are probably a good thing to look into though, especially the Fiendish ones, thanks to the Sibriex existing.

Snowbluff
2015-03-13, 10:43 PM
There is an Illithid feat that gives up to 4 tentacles. It's separate. Savage Species has Gloves of Man so you can use your tentacles with weapons.

WhamBamSam
2015-03-13, 10:52 PM
There is an Illithid feat that gives up to 4 tentacles. It's separate. Savage Species has Gloves of Man so you can use your tentacles with weapons.Oh yeah. You're thinking of Illithid Grapple. You can take it up to 4 times and each one gives you a tentacle. Requires Illithid Heritage and one other Illithid feat, though you only need the second prereq feat for long enough to qualify, since it will self qualify once you have it (assuming the DM makes a reasonable ruling on what constitutes an Illithid feat, as there is no such feat category :smallsigh:).

Rubik
2015-03-14, 04:59 AM
Would the gloves of man work if you slipped them onto your feet? I know they'd work for a quadruped, but the wording is iffy. It says "if you have hands" they don't work, though they can replace fingers. But what if you have hands but use them on a separate set of non-hand appendages?

*Sigh* It'd be nice if the authors worded things to take stuff like this into account.

Eldan
2015-03-14, 05:12 AM
You could hack off your natural hands and then stick gloves on all your appendages.

WhamBamSam
2015-03-14, 12:19 PM
Slime Lord pseudopods are also a way of ensuring that you have funny appendages instead of normal hands.