PDA

View Full Version : will the death knight kill th general?

Nightwing
2007-04-10, 06:27 AM
I hope not.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-10, 06:30 AM
Since as he's on the floor being repeatedly whacked by his sword, I doubt it.

Elliot Kane
2007-04-10, 06:31 AM
I think it's likely...

And I hope he does. Redcloak got off to a great start with his Titanium elementals, but the heroes have had it a bit easy since. If the breach falls, they'll be in real trouble. Good drama :)

Nightwing
2007-04-10, 06:36 AM
I think it's likely...

And I hope he does. Redcloak got off to a great start with his Titanium elementals, but the heroes have had it a bit easy since. If the breach falls, they'll be in real trouble. Good drama :)

thy also killed the blind lady.

it seems likely because he is right up to the death knight. in the next comic he will probably stab him.

Tundar
2007-04-10, 06:43 AM
I doubt the general will let the death knight get onto his feet.
At least not without us seeing a few AOO (oh I love the sound of that).

factotum
2007-04-10, 08:39 AM
I don't think you can actually prevent someone getting to their feet from a prone position in D&D, can you?

Karaswanton
2007-04-10, 08:50 AM
No.
When they stand up that provokes an Aoo.
However, the AoO goes off "before" they stand up, so they are considered prone still when the AoO attempt is made.

Varsuvius can always use my personal standby: Grease.
It would work to disarm the Death Knight, ot knock him down.
And there's no reason not to prepare it.
I usually fill all my 1st level spell slots with it.

DarkEternal
2007-04-10, 09:03 AM
Well, since laws of cartoon physics are already set in motion, why not the laws of anime as well?

One in particular comes in mind.

"If there is an old guy in an anime, the chance is that he has Godlike powers and can obliterate practically everything with lifting but a single finger to do so."

jindra34
2007-04-10, 09:26 AM
Well, since laws of cartoon physics are already set in motion, why not the laws of anime as well?

One in particular comes in mind.

"If there is an old guy in an anime, the chance is that he has Godlike powers and can obliterate practically everything with lifting but a single finger to do so."

The other option for old men in anime is they are so weak a flee could beat them.. just felt like reminding you

Talkyr
2007-04-10, 09:34 AM
Nah, General Chang will live. Even despite perhaps a -2 or -1 to STR, DEX & CON, he'll live. Why? Well...he ought to! But let him and the Death Knight have a fantastic duel first, all I ask.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-10, 10:03 AM
Well both V and the general are there so they got a chance, what's the CR on a death knight anyway?

DarkEternal
2007-04-10, 10:06 AM
The other option for old men in anime is they are so weak a flee could beat them.. just felt like reminding you

We probably watched different animes then.

jindra34
2007-04-10, 10:08 AM

no i'm justing pointing out that old men tend to be on the ends of the strength spectrum and rarely in th middle in animes, i can think of plenty of examples for both sides.

Freelance Henchman
2007-04-10, 10:09 AM

Aren't they all exactly the same? :smallwink:

jindra34
2007-04-10, 10:10 AM
Aren't they all exactly the same? :smallwink:

no.... by no means short of heavenly and hellish decrees shall all animes be considered the same, by no means...

ElfLad
2007-04-10, 10:15 AM
I was watching Cowboy Bebop the other day, and it was just like Yu-Gi-Oh!

Baalzebub
2007-04-10, 11:09 AM
I expect a deadly match between the General and the DK, while Vaarsuvius deals with the undead horde. Or viceversa.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-04-10, 01:26 PM
I expect a deadly match between the General and the DK, while Vaarsuvius deals with the undead horde. Or viceversa.

Yes I think we can count on the death knight lasting at least no more strip.

Hinton
2007-04-10, 02:21 PM
I was watching Cowboy Bebop the other day, and it was just like Yu-Gi-Oh!

Say what?!

In no way is Yu-Gotta-Be-Kidding-Me anything like Cowboy Bebop. That's like saying Pokeman is like DBZ or Teletubbies is like Trigun! There's no comparison.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-10, 02:24 PM
but there is! Both have stuff....eh, no real reason to keep that up

i think the DK is gone, and i was hoping for a cool battle, alas not all is to be

Querzis
2007-04-10, 02:43 PM
Guys, the reason why old warriors are sometimes really strong in anime is because they are old warriors...confused? In anime, there are always many wars or fights everywhere so if a warrior actually managed to live through those wars and fights to become an old man, its logically because he is freaking strong. Its true for the Hokage in Naruto, the first captain in Bleach (who were way stronger when they were younger anyway) and just about any other old warriors.

Its the same things for the general, it seems that he lived through many wars and fights so he must be really strong, even with a -1 in str, con and dex. I bet the general is gonna win, especially since a general must have at least a +1 weapon capable of overcoming the death knight DR.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-10, 02:45 PM
what about the anime that has no battles? Yet theh old man can kill a shark in a single blow?

Kjata
2007-04-10, 06:04 PM
I hope so...
If AC wins the war I will be dissapointed. DOnt get me wrong, I like the good guys, but the villains are just way cooler.

Windup
2007-04-18, 08:09 AM
Nightwing wins.

evil bob
2007-04-18, 09:40 AM
Well, General Chang is pretty dead right now, so...

Zenthar
2007-04-18, 10:12 AM
NO! He's just pretending!

Oxymoron
2007-04-18, 06:42 PM
Xes for eyes never lies.

InsertNameHere
2007-04-18, 06:57 PM
He looks pretty dead to me.
*double checks possible corpse*
Note the X's on the eyes.