PDA

View Full Version : working on a build: 3 levels: 3 feats

daremetoidareyo
2015-03-14, 03:15 AM
Is there a way to get the feats: endurance, diehard, and improved unarmed strike in as few of levels as possible, only using class features. Ideally, are there ACFs for monk that can get me there? The neat thing about monk is zerth cenobylite and some ardent mantles: guardian, pain & suffering, & time...to you know...be interesting.

I'm playing with fortune's friend. Good karma + Diehard + tempting fate= jumping on a grenade and surviving ;) and dumb luck, survivors luck, + residual rebound = 10%+ per save of reflecting spells on a caster. The unarmed strike is there to get cutpurse + mosquito bite for fun robbery reasons.

Eloel
2015-03-14, 03:19 AM
Undying Way from Dragon magazines gives Endurance Toughness and Diehard over the first 6 levels.

Necroticplague
2015-03-14, 06:46 AM
Two levels generic fighter, one level monk. Done.

sideswipe
2015-03-14, 07:05 AM
Two levels generic fighter, one level monk. Done.

endurance and die hard are not fighter feats.

Undying Way from Dragon magazines gives Endurance Toughness and Diehard over the first 6 levels.

undying way is unearthed arcana.

i don't think there is a way to do this at all. without using dark chaos shuffle.

Necroticplague
2015-03-14, 07:16 AM
endurance and die hard are not fighter feats.

Sorry, I meant the Generic Warrior, which gets any feat he qualifies for as bonus feats.

ShurikVch
2015-03-14, 07:27 AM
What's, exactly, prevent you to take all 3 feats at the 1st level?
IUS you will get anyway as a Monk; Endurance as a normal 1st level feat; and Diehard from Human/Strongheart Halfling/flaw

Undying Way (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#undyingWay) give Endurance at 2nd level, but Diehard only on 6th

Fighter - Pugilist (Dr#310) gets IUS and Endurance at the 1st level, and may take Diehard at 2nd level as Pugilist Bonus Feat

Also, Gheden template (Dr#313) give, among other things, Endurance, Diehard, and Toughness bonus feats for LA +1

If you really interested in character who will survive despite damage, Silver Marches have Giant-Killer PrC, which capstone ability, "Diehard 3", allow to stay alive (Con check) until you reach -30 hp

WeaselGuy
2015-03-14, 07:34 AM
Pretty sure it's Boar Totem Barbarian, get's Endurance and Diehard as bonus feats at 1 and 2 (AFB atm, so not 100% on that, but pretty sure). This also can set you up for Fist of the Forest, a pretty snazzy 3 level PrC that ups your Unarmed Damage die.

edit: Welp, I looked it up online. Boar Totem gets Diehard at 1, but only while raging. Horse Totem gets Endurance, but not until level 5.

Eloel
2015-03-14, 10:45 AM
Pugilist variant Fighter gets all 3 feats in first 2 levels. DR310 p37.

Darrin
2015-03-14, 12:08 PM
Does it have to be Diehard the feat? There's a couple soulmelds that mimic the effect of Diehard.

daremetoidareyo
2015-03-15, 02:58 AM
Does it have to be Diehard the feat? There's a couple soulmelds that mimic the effect of Diehard.

Thanks! Rageclaws for the win! I'll play with the options this makes for this lucky dude.