PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Did I imagine this feat?

Azoth
2015-03-14, 06:46 AM
I could have sworn I saw a feat in a thread on here or another forum that allowed you to switch the hand your weapon was in when full attacking usining two weapon fighting. Google and forum searches have failed me.

If I am not going insane, by RAW it would let someone two weapon fight with only a single weapon due to its wording. I am looking for it, for a fun build idea but again can't find it if it even exists.

avr
2015-03-14, 07:58 AM
Flurry of blows does essentially this with monk weapons, Crusader's Flurry expands the list allowed. Can't think of a feat which does exactly what you're saying though.

Spore
2015-03-14, 06:07 PM
You're not insane but I haven't got the time now to help you look for it. I am pretty sure it isn't allowed for our table tho, so I'd check Path of War in your case.

Ssalarn
2015-03-14, 06:17 PM
I don't think the feat exists anymore. There was a feat back in the PF beta that did that, but it was scrubbed before the CRB was released.

As others mentioned though, Flurry allows you to make a TWF attack routine with one weapon.

Psyren
2015-03-14, 07:30 PM
It's not a feat, but there is a FAQ entry (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9onf) that might help you. It lets you use your hands interchangeably as long as you are not TWFing. If you declare that you are (to get the extra attacks), then the penalties get locked in ahead of time, and therefore the weapon you consider to be your "off-hand" gets locked in too since that is what determines the size of the penalty.

Spore
2015-03-14, 11:27 PM
It's not a feat, but there is a FAQ entry (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9onf) that might help you. It lets you use your hands interchangeably as long as you are not TWFing. If you declare that you are (to get the extra attacks), then the penalties get locked in ahead of time, and therefore the weapon you consider to be your "off-hand" gets locked in too since that is what determines the size of the penalty.

Which means Quick Draw serves as the feat in question. I am certain at least half of the DMs out there would not allow it. I find it very questionable. If I were to make TWFing viable then for two weapons and not for someone squeezing more attacks out of a onehanders.

Psyren
2015-03-14, 11:30 PM
Which means Quick Draw serves as the feat in question. I am certain at least half of the DMs out there would not allow it. I find it very questionable. If I were to make TWFing viable then for two weapons and not for someone squeezing more attacks out of a onehanders.

Well the idea behind it is that you can switch hands when you're not TWFing. If you declare your TWFing, then you take the penalties up front - which means that the weapon you designate as your "off-hand" remains static even if you choose to switch hands during your attack routine.