PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever built?

dantiesilva
2015-03-14, 07:47 AM
Has anyone ever made a desert hobgoblin? I went looking through the UA book however only found desert goblins or fire hobgoblins.

Also has anyone ever made a hobgoblin Paragon class before?

Hand_of_Vecna
2015-03-14, 10:25 AM
The desert trait can be applied to anything without taking anything away, the examples given are not meant to be the only desert races. They did seem to stick with races with more flavorful abilities though and changed around some of the less powerful raciial traits like skill bonuses and combat bonuses against specific monster types.

Being hardy and agile hobgoblins are already well suited to the desert, between that and the middle eastern flavor their often given one could view the generic hobgoblin as the "desert hobgoblin". If you want to adapt them further the ony ability that seems open to change is +4 to move silently.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-14, 10:48 AM
Take a look at the Sunscorched Hobgoblin from Dragon Magic. Yes they are descended from a Blue Dragon but they explicitly live in the Desert. Also sadly no i have not seen a Hobgoblin Paragon class and they seriously deserve one.

WeaselGuy
2015-03-14, 10:58 AM
Take a look at the Sunscorched Hobgoblin from Dragon Magic. Yes they are descended from a Blue Dragon but they explicitly live in the Desert. Also sadly no i have not seen a Hobgoblin Paragon class and they seriously deserve one.

Blue Dragons are desert dwellers, competing with Brass dragons for environmental resources.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-14, 11:11 AM
Blue Dragons are desert dwellers, competing with Brass dragons for environmental resources.

I just reread my statement and i know notice that it looks like im saying Blue Dragons dont live in the desert :smalltongue: I meant it more as Sunscorched Hobgoblins live in the desert (like the OP wants), but they are descended from Blue Dragons so that may cause you problems, like why are there thousands of them?

atemu1234
2015-03-14, 11:52 AM
I just reread my statement and i know notice that it looks like im saying Blue Dragons dont live in the desert :smalltongue: I meant it more as Sunscorched Hobgoblins live in the desert (like the OP wants), but they are descended from Blue Dragons so that may cause you problems, like why are there thousands of them?

Dragon blood in a family tree is like tomato paste with a two year old. IT GETS EVERYWHERE.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-14, 11:55 AM
dragon blood in a family tree is like tomato paste with a two year old. IT GETS EVERYWHERE.

why are you so sig quotable????

atemu1234
2015-03-14, 12:13 PM
why are you so sig quotable????

Go right ahead, if you want it.

Thurbane
2015-03-14, 06:44 PM
There was a good Hobgoblin Paragon homebrew class on the Waking Lands site, but it's gone now. :smallfrown:

Can't remember all of the abilities, but one was to lessen the -2 attack penalty from using a tower shield.

Woo Hoo! Found an archived version here: http://www.zoominfo.com/CachedPage/?archive_id=0&page_id=5243940063&page_url=//www.wakinglands.com/htm_files/paragon_classes_hobgoblin.htm&page_last_updated=2011-02-05T20:30:40&firstName=Kolja&lastName=Liquette

dantiesilva
2015-03-14, 07:49 PM
Thank you everyone for your help, that homebrew is amazing. Though a bit disappointed by the sunscorched hobgoblin.

Yael
2015-03-15, 05:57 AM
I once built a fire hobgoblin into a Truenamer as a BBEG, actually inside a castle buried under a desert... Flavor tho :D

Also, Sand dragons?

Spider_Jerusalem
2015-03-15, 11:03 PM
Well, I just finished creating a Fire Hobgoblin who will either become a recurring villain on the campaign arc the group is now or a puddle of hot blood under the druid's paw, since well... there's a druid on the party.

As you can see, it's an NPC, though, so I don't know if it counts. Maybe you want to know the experiences of hobgoblin PCs.