-------
Enlarge Person (large size): double carry weight
Enhance Ability (strength): double carry weight
Manual of Gainful Exercize: 30 Strength

With maximum assistance:
Carry: 7,200 lbs
Push: 14,400 lbs
-------
The real world weight lifting record (according to Guiness anyways) is 6,270 lbs; showing us two things:
-he likely wasn't himan
-he definitely was cheating by using magic somehow

heavyfuel
2015-03-14, 01:38 PM
Maybe he has a Homebrewed feat :smallbiggrin:

Considering feats in this edition are pretty powerful, I'd say trippling carrying capacity with a feat makes it on par with other things like Sharpshooter and GWM

Note that the reccord is simply lifting, something D&D has no rules for. The lifting rules are for lifting and walking with all that cargo. Simply lifting and releasing requires DM ajudication, probably along the lines of a Str check.

Naanomi
2015-03-14, 02:23 PM
Note that the reccord is simply lifting, something D&D has no rules for. The lifting rules are for lifting and walking with all that cargo. Simply lifting and releasing requires DM ajudication, probably along the lines of a Str check.
Or an athletics check even (weightlifting is a lot about technique).

I tried looking up strength records but couldnt find anything directly correlating to the numbers above... I thought I would find a push or drag record but couldn't find it

mephnick
2015-03-14, 02:53 PM
The Farmer's Carry (weight in both hands, walking 20m) record is roughly 660lbs

Deadlift world record is 1015lbs, but no way you can move with it.

coredump
2015-03-14, 03:03 PM
First, the 6270 number is been pretty well debunked. The guy is still stupid strong, and it was still a butt-load of weight.... but not quite that much.

http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/IGH/IGH0603/IGH0603m.pdf#xml=http://www.aafla.org:8080/verity_templates/jsp/search/xmlread.jsp?k2dockey=/mnt/docs/SportsLibrary/IGH/IGH0603/IGH0603m.pdf@aafla_pdf&serverSpec=localhost:9920&querytext=%28%28%3Cword%3E+backlift%29%29

Plus, it was from a 'back lift', which means he didn't so much 'carry' the weight, as he was able to move it an inch off the ground.... not quite what is envision via the DnD terms.

Naanomi
2015-03-14, 03:34 PM
The real world weight lifting record (according to Guiness anyways) is 6,270 lbs
Yeah I recognize the source was questionable at best; hence quoting the source

Anyone have a record in heaviest weight dragged? I can imagine that being a strongman competition thing and probably the easiest to compare directly to the DnD stats

mephnick
2015-03-14, 04:15 PM
Yeah I recognize the source was questionable at best; hence quoting the source

Anyone have a record in heaviest weight dragged? I can imagine that being a strongman competition thing and probably the easiest to compare directly to the DnD stats

The Strongman drag is an anchor and chain about 600-700 lbs. Not sure what the record is, but it's probably similar.

There are tons of truck and plane pulls into insane weights, but those are on wheels which is significantly different.