PDA

View Full Version : I'm finding an artifact (I think)

With a box
2015-03-15, 12:19 AM
It let you cast spell as if 18th(or +-2 level) sorcerer, but limited to necromance schools. (add slots if you are already a sorcerer..) and have a drawback to your (something I don't remember).

atemu1234
2015-03-15, 08:11 PM
I think this one was homebrewed. It sounds incredibly powerful, so far.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-15, 08:15 PM
It sounds artifact-y, but i think we need some more info.

Bad Wolf
2015-03-15, 10:18 PM
It let you cast spell as if 18th(or +-2 level) sorcerer, but limited to necromance schools. (add slots if you are already a sorcerer..) and have a drawback to your (something I don't remember).

Sounds like the Death Rock, from BoVD. It lets you cast as a sorcerer equal to your character level, limited to necromancy spells, but it kills one of your loved ones once a week and turns them into a zombie that serves you.

With a box
2015-03-15, 11:10 PM
Sounds like the Death Rock, from BoVD. It lets you cast as a sorcerer equal to your character level, limited to necromancy spells, but it kills one of your loved ones once a week and turns them into a zombie that serves you.

that's it! Thank you.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2015-03-16, 10:13 AM
That's it! Thank you.

That said, unless your character is a complete sociopath with no loved ones, I'd drop that thing in a volcano first chance you get. :smalleek:

Inevitability
2015-03-16, 01:46 PM

So we have an artifact that grants you near-infinite numbers of undead servants, can kill any living being without fail, and grants you cool spells? What part is the problem again?

Bad Wolf
2015-03-16, 01:52 PM
So we have an artifact that grants you near-infinite numbers of undead servants, can kill any living being without fail, and grants you cool spells? What part is the problem again?

And out comes the amoral optimizers...now everyones thinking of Mindrape shenanigans to instantly kill any being.

Telonius
2015-03-16, 01:57 PM
That said, unless your character is a complete sociopath with no loved ones, I'd drop that thing in a volcano first chance you get. :smalleek:

I'd drop it in a volcano especially if I were a complete sociopath. I'd be the only name on the list.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2015-03-16, 02:24 PM
I'd drop it in a volcano especially if I were a complete sociopath. I'd be the only name on the list.

Touché :smallbiggrin:

atemu1234
2015-03-16, 03:52 PM

But how can a zombie, without its intelligence score, be loyal to itself?

Banjoman42
2015-03-17, 09:25 PM
Depending on how you view it, a cleric is quite close to their god......
Mwahahahaha.....

Bad Wolf
2015-03-17, 10:05 PM
Depending on how you view it, a cleric is quite close to their god......
Mwahahahaha.....

Or you could be a hippie, with all their 'love your fellow man' stuff.

Banjoman42
2015-03-17, 10:42 PM
Or you could be a hippie, with all their 'love your fellow man' stuff.

Meh, I was going for a 40+ HD zombie with the strength of a god.

Seerow
2015-03-17, 10:45 PM
And out comes the amoral optimizers...now everyones thinking of Mindrape shenanigans to instantly kill any being.

This is the true sociopath way out. Mindrape yourself into loving the BBEG more than anyone or anything else in the world. Artifact kills them next.

NeoPhoenix0
2015-03-17, 10:52 PM
don't forget to delete the information in your head that using the artifact will kill a loved one, or else you won't want to use it. Also gonna have to find a way to leave yourself a message to yourself that you trust to keep mindraping loved ones into your brain.

edit: become the ultimate psychopath who even uses himself merely to get what he wants.

atemu1234
2015-03-18, 06:05 AM
don't forget to delete the information in your head that using the artifact will kill a loved one, or else you won't want to use it. Also gonna have to find a way to leave yourself a message to yourself that you trust to keep mindraping loved ones into your brain.

edit: become the ultimate psychopath who even uses himself merely to get what he wants.

This is... beautiful...

goto124
2015-03-18, 06:16 AM
I wonder how the DM would react to this.

... this is an Evil campaign isn't it.

atemu1234
2015-03-18, 06:45 AM
I wonder how the DM would react to this.

... this is an Evil campaign isn't it.

Oh, please. If it wasn't, it now is.