PDA

View Full Version : Voleta?

Rakeesh
2007-04-10, 10:21 AM
My apologies for the rather single-purpose use thread, but I've tried other avenues. I'll drop it as soon as the question is answered, or else it remains unanswered after a day or two if that's alright.

Has anyone seen or heard from the Playgrounder named Voleta? She's participating in a game I'm playing in, but disappeared as far as I can tell from this forum entirely over two weeks ago. I've tried PMing, visiting her website, and haven't seen or heard anything back.

Has anyone spoken with her since 3-26?

Thanks.

Castaras
2007-04-10, 10:24 AM
Haven't seen her at all...:smallfrown:

I hope she's alright...:smalleek:

Amotis
2007-04-10, 10:26 AM
I PM'd her a while back and I don't know.

Hopefully all is well, she is one of my favorite posters.

I don't know much about her living-in family but that might be why. Hopefully it isn't anything health related, but this might be very well the case.

I don't know, but I hope she's okay.

Voletaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-10, 10:44 AM
Speaking of, no, I haven't seen her around. Which is really odd come to think of it. >_< That's not cool.

Ego Slayer
2007-04-10, 10:46 AM
I haven't seen her around either. One of her last posts was in a PBP (most likely yours), and I thought she'd be back, if she was able, because of the game(s). 'Tis very odd. Hope she's alright...

AmberVael
2007-04-10, 10:49 AM
I've been wondering about that too... and I really hope it isn't health related, knowing Voleta. :smalleek:

Madmal
2007-04-10, 10:54 AM
Yeah, i was also wondering where Voleta was...hope she's allright...

SDF
2007-04-10, 10:56 AM
I agree with the awesomeness comments.

I've been wondering about that too... and I really hope it isn't health related, knowing Voleta. :smalleek:

This is my big worry too. I know she talked about having lupus (erythematosus I believe) and if she were to get a bad infection... I really hope that is not the case. I'm a bit worried. :smallfrown:

NecroPaladin
2007-04-10, 10:58 AM
Yeah...what happened to her? I'm getting a little worried.

Ego Slayer
2007-04-10, 11:05 AM
She doesn't list an email, or IM?:smallconfused:

Health problems are all I can think of... not good. >_>

Wayril
2007-04-10, 11:15 AM
Ok I looked over the stuff. Her email is there so you can email her. No mention of why she might not be here, but I can think of another explaination.

Maybe she's on vacation. You know the thing people tend to do in the springtime. Seriously, you shouldn't be so paranoid... ok maybe you should since she didn't mention anything, but her email is there, so go ahead and fill the spam box 'til it overflows. :smallwink:

Ok, someone send and email, keep us updated please!

Bookman
2007-04-10, 11:21 AM
Voleta I demand as a birthday present you return to the boards! :tongue:

But seriously I hope she's ok :frown:

AmberVael
2007-04-10, 11:49 AM
Ok I looked over the stuff. Her email is there so you can email her. No mention of why she might not be here, but I can think of another explaination.

Maybe she's on vacation. You know the thing people tend to do in the springtime. Seriously, you shouldn't be so paranoid... ok maybe you should since she didn't mention anything, but her email is there, so go ahead and fill the spam box 'til it overflows. :smallwink:

Ok, someone send and email, keep us updated please!
Maybe...
I don't know much about her condition, but I think it might be kinda hard to go vacationing with it. Not that you can't, but...
Also, she probably would have said something if that were the case.
*is paranoid*

Ego Slayer
2007-04-10, 11:51 AM
I sent her an email, though I'm sure someone's probably already done that.

Yeah, if she was on vacation she would have mentioned it.

sktarq
2007-04-10, 12:09 PM
Spring Break mayhaps?
Sudden offer to go visit random fun place.
Doesn't feel like she has to let us all know of every such detail?
I wouldn't yet people

Zephra
2007-04-10, 12:15 PM
maybe her computer broke?

Captain van der Decken
2007-04-10, 12:19 PM
I think ^ is the most logical situation.
It's happened.. a lot of times. Just not for so long, I think.

:sigh:

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-04-10, 12:34 PM
Gah! I hate when you people make me aware that I should be worrying! :smalleek:

There are several perfectly benign reasons she's been MIA, from computer issues to family vacation/spring break. Unfortunately, I feel the need to remind folks that she's a seriously ill young woman. Pray with me, folks, that our hypno-toad goddess of raunchy goodness returns swiftly.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-04-10, 12:57 PM
*sniffles and hugs*...come back! :(

Zephra
2007-04-10, 01:31 PM
she's seriously ill? what is it?
I didn't know that...

SDF
2007-04-10, 01:34 PM
It's lupus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupus_erythematosus).

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-10, 03:02 PM
Gah! I hate when you people make me aware that I should be worrying! :smalleek:

There are several perfectly benign reasons she's been MIA, from computer issues to family vacation/spring break. Unfortunately, I feel the need to remind folks that she's a seriously ill young woman. Pray with me, folks, that our hypno-toad goddess of raunchy goodness returns swiftly.

It's lupus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupus_erythematosus).Among other things. She listed them all off in another thread like an alphabet soup of rare syndromes. On that note, Bor said what I was going to say.

Here's hoping she just got an unexpected opportunity to go on a fantastic vacation and didn't have enough time to post and let us know.

Hope you're well, Voleta. Come back soon.

The_Chilli_God
2007-04-10, 05:30 PM
Funny you should say that.
I had just started a pbp campaign here, (in sig) that Voleta had joined, roughly 14 hours before she was last active on GitP. (Yeah, her current avatar is most likely supposed to be her character in my pbp) Voleta didn't even post, so I had to bring in a reserve to hold her place. I had the completely irrational notion that she'd left GitP specifically to avoid playing in the campaign. :smallredface:

But no, it's glad to know I'm not the only one noting her missing.
Hope you're well, Voleta.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-10, 07:32 PM
Come back Voleta! We love you!

phoenixineohp
2007-04-10, 08:59 PM
I pmed her a while ago. I shall wait with my fingers crossed.

Speaking of, I am still missing CabbageTheif. I know that the signature changed to lurking, but I have sent them a PM and haven't heard anything.

And there was someone else I was thinking of last night but now I can't remember... :(

Vonriel
2007-04-10, 10:05 PM
CabbageTheif posted in the alternate accounts thread in Board/Site Issues not too long ago. Like, last night, or earlier today.

Voleta's absence, though, is worrying. Come back?

Slander
2007-12-01, 09:48 PM
I'm a friend of hers, but I haven't heard from her in a year. Unfortunately, none of the contact information I have for her works anymore. :smalleek:

Amotis
2007-12-01, 09:51 PM
Thank you for letting us know.

I too have tried every way I know to try to contact her. Even randomly blanket asking for her at some...secret websites. But nothing.

*sigh* Still worried. Let us know, eh? You can create a new thread next time, I think, instead of resurrecting and old one.

Slander
2007-12-01, 10:01 PM
To be 100% honest, I'm her ex-boyfriend. I haven't heard from her in about a year -not an unwelcome thing when two people break up- but none of our mutual friends have heard from her, either. That worried me. If I get in touch with her, I'll let her know she's missed here.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-02, 12:39 AM
While I'm not inclined to believe you straight out, it is just downright weird that even her real-life friends wouldn't know what happened to her. She never did reply to an email I'd sent. I question the validity of even her and such information, but thanks anyway. Honestly, every once in awhile I start wondering what happened to her. :smallconfused:

Yes, thread necromancy bad, but... there's no way 'round this one. =P

Trog
2007-12-02, 03:25 AM
She was the one who had the Frog avatar with the hypnotic eyes, right? :smallconfused:

Anyways, if it's her... yeah she should totally come back. I used to go out of my way to read her posts. Hella funny.

V Junior
2007-12-02, 03:36 AM
I don't know who Voleta is, but... If you say she really has got bad health conditions, then I fear the worst. Of course, if her friends don't know where she is, then it's like she's just... ceased to exist completely.

If peeps care this much, though, then she must be very popular. Come back Voleta! We miss you!

Castaras
2007-12-02, 03:51 AM
She is a really nice person. And yeah, very funny.

Yes. Is. I'm still hoping she's out there.

phoenixineohp
2007-12-02, 10:27 PM
I've been very aware that she is still MIA... and I fear the worst. It's been more than 6 months now. Her website is no longer operational either. :smalleek:

This is the problem with internet friends. They can go *poof* and you are left wondering. And worrying.

Rawhide
2007-12-02, 10:43 PM
While we appreciate the concern, this really should have been a new thread. I'm closing this thread now, but someone may restart it if required.