PDA

View Full Version : Feat Effect Confustion.

Metahuman1
2015-03-15, 12:49 AM
So, I recall read on this forum some time back about a great feat for spell casters that let them make a bluff check as a move action, and unless it was overcome by Sense Motive check, add the results of your bluff check to your Armor Class for the round.

I though it was combat Panache, but in my last session my DM pointed out that this was not how the feat worked. And upon re-examining the text, he appears to be right.

So, Does anyone know what feat this might have been, since evidently it was not the feat I thought it was?

Zaq
2015-03-15, 01:30 PM
Can't say I've ever heard of it. That sounds more like a Setting Sun maneuver than a feat, though as far as I know, it's not a maneuver either.

Also, unless it's behind some hellish prereqs, that sounds honestly pretty OP—skill checks get sky-high very quickly, and adding a skill check to your AC (not even replacing your AC with the skill check) seems like it's a ticket to being nearly unhittable, especially if it's a move action (and therefore doesn't preclude your offense for the turn). That's powerful enough that I feel like there would be more discussion of it on forums like this one, don't you think? That makes me feel like it's homebrew/3rd-party, or else like you're misremembering it.

I could be wrong, of course. There's weird stuff out there. If it really does exist, I'd like to know where it's from, because it seems like a lot of fun, if a bit OP.

sideswipe
2015-03-15, 01:33 PM
i actually remember something like this.... skill trick? class feature? i swear this is a thing.

atemu1234
2015-03-15, 08:03 PM
i actually remember something like this.... skill trick? class feature? i swear this is a thing.

It does sound more like a maneuver than a feat, at least to me.

Metahuman1
2015-03-15, 08:26 PM
I know it's not a maneuver, I'd remember it if it was (Let's face it there aren't THAT many maneuvers in Tome of Battle.). But the fact that someone else remembers something about it means I can't be totally bonkers here.

Baroknik
2015-03-16, 01:37 AM
I know it's not a maneuver, I'd remember it if it was (Let's face it there aren't THAT many maneuvers in Tome of Battle.). But the fact that someone else remembers something about it means I can't be totally bonkers here.

The closest maneuver is probably Baffling Defense (SSun 2) that lets you replace your AC with a sense motive check for 1 round as an immediate action.