PDA

View Full Version : TV T209's First Let's Watch on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

t209
2015-03-15, 03:04 AM
Hi, I am t209 and I plan to make a first Let's Watch on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The main reason I watched this is my new interest in Avengers after I attended comic book class for this quarter. It's a sad thing that it was cancelled in favor of Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spiderman, both of these made by good ol' Joseph Loeb (the same guy who brought Latino Nova as replacement to gold helmet). So I found them on Netflix and planning to start this week.
I don't know if I should make a summary of first two episodes since they're just origins and pretty slow plot development.
- Iron Man fought against Hydra in UN Buildings and Hydra prisoners staged a failed jail-break.
- Thor leaving Asgard for Jane Foster and Loki being trapped in land of silence.
The only good reaction from these two is the first one didn't end in clinche like "Oh, they escaped. Guess the story begins".
So Let the show begin.
P.S- I kept wondering on if Earth's Mightiest Heroes haven't cancelled,
- we could see Captain America chewing out and possibly beating him Senator Kelly over Sentinel Program or organizing an anti-mutant task force.
- Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver joining the Avengers and resulting anti-mutant backlash (http://media.tumblr.com/b2c74e1cc289a2fdbec47f4f5d1e2d8a/tumblr_inline_njfw919hop1rr4ug7.png).
I don't know about the first one since it's kinda fanboyism after realizing him as deeply characterized* Hero with an American flag rather than a representation of a country.
*At least based on him being more like an inspirational team leader keeping the team together and an idealistic hero rather than the WW2 propaganda/power fantasy version.

t209
2015-03-17, 08:30 PM
Three episodes I watched,
This is where Bruce Banner (Hulk) ran away to Las Vegas to look for a villain who can absorb materials to get its power. Then, he taunt Bruce Banner into hulking out and start a battle before General Ross arrived. Hawkeye and Black Widow came in to arrest him but Ross fired a missile at the Hulk without concern of their safety. However, Hulk shielded himself but throw into a rock that hit Hawkeye's ship. Then, Hulk saved the ship but arrested to the Cube. Bruce Banner then told Hawkeye, bewildered by why his Hulk saved the ship rather than run away, how they're trying to make more Hulks rather than rehabilitate them. Turns out that Black Widow is a spy for Hydra and framed Hawkeye, who happened to discover the secret and came to a secret meeting in the desert.
This is where WW2's Germany was replaced with Hydras due to being kid's show. Nick Fury (rather this show's dad) is still black and Wolverine came as a cameo. I am feeling that the British gentleman is Union Jack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack_%28comics%29). Captain America, Bucky, and Howling Commando assaulted the Hydra's base to take down Red Skull. The Hydras were delivering monsters from another dimension for war effort. Then the entire base was blown up, chase Red Skull's rocket, and Captain America was dropped into the frozen sea after Bucky throw him out since he's stuck on ladder's bar.
"BUCKY!!":smallfrown:
This episode was observed by a blue guy with helmet who traveled to the present time when his timeline was being disrupted due to Captain America's existence.
This is where T'Challa (Black Panther), Hank Pym (Antman/Goliath/Wifebeater), and Janet was introduced. The former just lost his father and his birthright after the White Gorilla used dishonorable tactics by using sonic guns. The latter two are couple working as a scientist and pitch maker respectively. Hank Pym in this version is kinda reclusive and naive in my opinion. Janet fought whirlwind, later aided by Hank, and throw him in a tiny jail. Turns out that Whirlwind was a mutant, which this series would have X-Men crossover, Scarlet Witch, and Quick Silver had it not canceled (thanks, Jeph Loeb).
Opinion:
Well, most of them felt like compilation of the online episodes from Marvel websites. And the first episodes are more like origin stories of Avengers member. I have iffy feeling if the blue villain was a bad guy or a guy who is trying to save his own timeline from destruction but he did say he was a conqueror.

Metahuman1
2015-03-17, 08:48 PM
Yeah, the first 5-6 eps are just getting the team established on there own. Patience.

Also, Jeph Lob is an idiot.

t209
2015-03-17, 09:31 PM
Yeah, the first 5-6 eps are just getting the team established on there own. Patience.

Also, Jeph Lob is an idiot.
Well, some people believed that his quality went downhill after the death of his son.
I don't know but I kinda plan to read Sam Alexander Nova (not his run, the one by Gerry Andrew), which that version is at least better than the Ultimate Spiderman version.
On the other hand, Ultimate Spiderman season 3 is actually try to be light hearted version of Spiderverse (he did appear in that comic but didn't get killed since the show is still running).

Metahuman1
2015-03-17, 11:20 PM
Perhaps, but there comes a point were that has to stop being the defense. Good old Frank Miller taught me that. The hard way, and god was it a painful pill to swallow, but he taught me that.

Fun but mostly unrelated story: I had to spend 3 hours once convincing a dude I know that the ultimate spiderman cartoon did not kill off Peter Parker so that Miles Morals could be new spiderman on the show, because he read some article about Miles showing up to replace Peter.

DigoDragon
2015-03-18, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the first 5-6 eps are just getting the team established on there own.

I remember this being the case. So at this point the action should be building up now. :3
I only got to see the first season of this show though.

Metahuman1
2015-03-18, 02:41 PM
Yeah, either next ep or the ep after that will see our founding 5 join forces for the first time. And it will be utterly glorious. XD!

t209
2015-03-18, 05:35 PM
IronMan stopped the armsdealing between Lucia Von Bardas and AIM (the one where MODOK was created). Then he sent to the vault before it had a breakout along with 3 prisons (Raft, Cube, and Big House aka tiniest prison on earth). Then Vault was self-destructed and Iron Man armor was damaged that he crash landed in Midwest and called in Chicago armory for new ironman armor. The prison's assistance got hit by Gamma Bomb and got powers to save Hulk. Then he went to NY and talked with his persona on trying to get positive PR by aiding the super heroes. The funniest I found was the background event when Jane Foster and Thor was having a conversation at accident site (a woman trying to escape and airbag exploded). So the Avengers fought off against the supervillains, espcecially Graviton. Graviton was defeated but the port is kinda totaled. Then the Avengers were born.
I still can't shake off the idea of how much damage (Manhattan Island, and port especially) Avengers had done compared to the movie. At least the movie and Damage Control comic addressed the collateral damage. In addition, it kinda show why I hate the idea of energy beam for prison bars. At least it's not the one with Clown Hulk posing as a robot.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/keiblercircus1.jpg
I kinda wish Disney made the Defenders (the one with Dr. Strange, Namor, and Hulk; not the new one with Powerman, Iron Fist, and Daredevil) instead of Agent of SMASH.

Metahuman1
2015-03-18, 05:43 PM
In fairness, Gravaton is like a god of WMD's in terms of power and style of operation. There REALLY wasn't anyway they were gonna stop him with out lot's of collateral damage that time.

Oh, also, fun thing I forgot to mention. There was a show that lasted for like 1 season (If that.) on Nickolodiean that was on about the same time as this one. Wolverine and the X-men. The two shows according to the creators share a universe. Hence Wolverine Cameo earlier.

t209
2015-03-20, 05:49 PM
After the Avengers was assembled, Enchantress disguised as Bruce Banner to manipulate Hulk who might have schizophrenia except his alternate ego is trying to control his behavior, into anger. Antman's helmet was adjustable and foldable, which explained why his helmet didn't appear when he became a giant man. Then, both Thor and Hulk became resident of Avengers Mansion. After a fight between the two, Hulk was actually possessed by the Enchantress who later got beaten down by the Avengers along with Executioner. The bad guys escaped but Hulk decided to leave the group for North Pole where we see Cap's shield.
Captain America have awoken after many decades in ice. T'Challa (Black Panther) infiltrated the Avengers HQ for possible aid to reclaim the throne from White Gorrila Tribe. Zemo was infected by virus and got his face fused with the hood in 1943 and needed Cap's serum as a cure for his condition. Zola sent blob thingy to Statue of Liberty while Zemo infiltrated the mansion with one blob thingy. Wasp and Captain America, who was aided by T'Challa who brought the shield from assembly hall, managed to hold out but Zemo escaped. Then Wasp and Captain America aided the Avengers at Statue of Liberty, who later discovered how to defeat them with a bionic wave gun adjustment thingy. Then Enchantress and her goon came into Zola's lab and met Zemo
:smalltongue:"It's like a Frozen Giant's Head on an infant's body"
This is where Simon Williams company got bought out by Tony Stark, which caused a scuffle with Antman. Then Advanced Idea Mechanic (AIM) got infiltrated by Thor and Wasp who followed them via damaged aircraft. The above quote applied to Modoc ("kill" is not ok to talk on kid's tv but butt shot on Black Widow is tolerable). Then, Wonderman/Simon attacked Tony for the company buyout until he was vanished. Then he became part of Enchantress' crew in exchange for life. Too bad that Wonderman became a villain along with any chance of seeing him as an Avengers.
I just wish Tony Stark and T'Challa just openly talked about their intentions. I mean Simon could have been some figurehead or vassal for Jack Kirby/Stan Lee's sake. I kinda feel that Hank Pym is kinda oblivious to the reality since he was amazed by Wonderman's ionic energy before being pummeled by him.
P.S- Due to frustration with inability to find Busiek's Marvel, I bought Essential Avengers Volume 5 at half price books.

Metahuman1
2015-03-20, 05:54 PM
It's Hank Pym, it would be utterly out of character for him to be grounded, well adjusted or properly in touch with reality.

t209
2015-03-20, 10:27 PM
:smallannoyed: Kinda hate that there isn't adaptation of Defenders with Hulk and Dr. Strange.
Should have made this instead of Agent of Smash.
I don't know about Defenders other than being loosely organized and morally dubious version of Avengers.

GloatingSwine
2015-03-21, 06:31 AM
Get ready for the first season's insistence on having every character in every episode to mean that their contributions often boil down to "have/lose a punchup with badmans whilst Hawkeye or Black Panther solve the actual problem".

t209
2015-03-21, 10:30 PM
Blackpanther attacked the avengers as part of his test of their worthiness. He explained his plan to liberate his high tech but backward country. Quinjet got hit by a guns and black panther go out to fight man ape (who is hypocrotically Luddite) alone but cap go to him at iron man's order. Iron man, wasp, and antman fought claw and reaper, which the latter turned into sound. Just as T'challa is to be killed by his female guards, captain America aided him. In the end, black panther got his country, Klaw's arm gun source was contained, and wakanda experienced meiji restoration.
The Avengers were sent to the Cube to shut down the gamma dome. The people who got exposed to the radiation, made by Leader's specialty, turned into monsters. Wasp turned into human wasp and T'challa almost became one until second episode. Just as Swine said, both Hawkeye and T'Challa turned out to be a true hero, except Hulk's also a real hero in the second episode. The leader set Las Vegas a bomb and turned the city and nearby avengers into monsters (Iron-Hulk, Hulk-America, Human Wasp, and T'Challa Panther). Hawkeye, who was transporting Black Widow, escaped from radiation and rescued Hulk in Canada. Bruce Banner then created vaccines and go into Vegas as hulk. machine got destroyed. the end.
Leader: "I was making a better world with my image"
Hulk: "That's the problem, you're ugly"
Then the Avengers invited Hawkeye but he almost turn it down until Hulk said that he will join if Hawkeye join.
I don't know what to say about Wakanda. The "democracy" ending is clinche due to my "bad" experience back in my country of Myanmar/Burma. And Antman's "africa is poor" comment is somewhat cringeworthy (TO be fair he did say "uncharted" and Wakanda is the only African country to be portrayed as somewhat positive, even if it's fictional). The Gamma World is kinda funny, especially when Hulk laughed and turned back to Banner after Hawkeye told him that he will beat him down in an hour.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 01:51 PM
Apparently making Hulk laugh with a silly threat gets him to cooperate. I found that scene amusing.

t209
2015-03-22, 10:03 PM
The newspaper cover hinted the reference to Xmen when wasp was caught by bad guys. Enchantress and her goons took over Avengers mansion except Antman, Hawkeye, and Blackpanther. The remaining team liberated the place. The funniest scene is Antman going giant and kicking Abomination and Pissed off hulk coming out of ice realm.
Ms Marvel and Captain Marhvel episode where bank and Janet paid a visit to their observatory, guarded by Carol Danvers and an officer. Robot go in orbit entry and destroyed the observation equipments. Later, the officer's device malfunctioned and carol got hit by it. At the hospital, the officer (Marhvel) told about Kree Skrull war and stated that the robot has a bomb. avengers fought the robot but Hank was wounded. Jan, who was sorry for her pushy nature, took down the robot. Marhvel tried to dispose the bomb but thor later throw it away. At the hospital with Hank Pym, Carol becomes Ms Marvel.
Hawkeye disrupted a deal between AIM (Modok's group) and Hydra (Baron Von Strucker's group). Hawkeye tried to infiltrate the Hydra with Mockingbird's aid despite Nick Fury's order not to. Then, he entered and got captured. As they are about to meet theri demise after breaking out of cell and start a futile attack on Hydra (Viper also seductively pull the grenade pin and throw it), Cap and T'Challa came in for rescue. The island got blown up but Black Widow saved Hawkeye's life from Von Strucker's age absorption. At Shield's lab, Viper turned out to be a skrull, which might spark the widely hated Secret Invasion arc.
Ep 14 is the second time Hawkeye and Black Panther saved the day while Ep. 15 kinda made Wasp likable and theri relation didn't involve getting smacked by Hank in nervous breakdown.

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 08:08 AM
Episode 14 had a nice bit of collateral going on. Tends to be the stuff I want in these kind of shows. Break whatever building/facility they're in when fighting. :3
And yeah, Hulk was just **** when he came back from the ice world. XD

I didn't get Ep 15. Here's a bomb that can destroy the world-- oh wait, nevermind. Thor's got this. :smallconfused:

Metahuman1
2015-03-23, 08:51 AM
Well, he is a god. Just saying.

As for Hank and Janet. Yeah, this is them at there best. And Pym still can't make me like him, though I'm told he finally got likeable again in Avengers Academy. (Comic book, not an animated series.)

And last but not least, Secret invasion. Yeah, there setting that up. And it's FAR better handled in this series then it was in the comic books near to the same time.

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 10:14 AM
Well, he is a god. Just saying.

Yeah, he is. I guess I find apocalyptic-scale weapons a bit laughable because they will get diffused/stopped in time. Destroying the planet and not undoing it can make the show a bit difficult to keep running. :smallbiggrin: Far deadlier are the small scale weapons like a bomb that will only destroy a building-- cause those could kill off a major character readily without upsetting too much of the status quo. That's just me though.

Metahuman1
2015-03-23, 10:38 AM
It's also a matter of scale and a problem both the avengers and Justice league have to a point.

You have Gods, Demi-gods, and otherwise cosmically powerful people who can fight Gods and win, next to humans and only slightly above humans who are still quite mortal and limited. So, the question becomes "How do a Challenge Hulk/Thor or Flash/Wonder Woman and not make Hawkeye/Green Arrow irrelevant?".

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 10:53 AM
You have Gods, Demi-gods, and otherwise cosmically powerful people who can fight Gods and win, next to humans and only slightly above humans who are still quite mortal and limited. So, the question becomes "How do a Challenge Hulk/Thor or Flash/Wonder Woman and not make Hawkeye/Green Arrow irrelevant?".

Paring off the members into like-power level groups helps with shows like this. Course one does want to change up the parings and eventually have full group outings, but the scale thing is a problem. :)

t209
2015-03-23, 08:32 PM
This is trilogy on Kang the Conqueror's arc. It began with Captain America and Iron Man having a spur at boxing ring after arguing over technology (it kinda hint his background as an artist). Though he forgot to mention 1940's racism, even back in his first appearance in 1960's comic (luckily, various writers managed to give him deeper characterization than just flag waving mascot from WW2). Kang, first appeared in episode about Captain America, appeared at Avengers Mansion to beat the Avengers and sent them to a new timeline when somehow Cap had a part in destroying the earth. Then just as Iron Man is going to give Cap, he and Avengers launched out an attack on Kang and managed to travel back to their timeline. Then Kang launched an attack on Earth, which had Black Knight cameo in London (No Union Jack,aka Montgomery, or Captain Britain though). Then Antman, at Cap's request, launched Ultron robots as army. Then Tony Stark finally realized that Kang is in space and led the Avengers to board it. After some scuffles, Thor being knocked out, and Ironman and Wasp managed to get back in, they reached the time drive. Then just as Iron man is to send them back to their time, Wasp saw Princess Ravana's dying body and told Iron Man to spare Kang (now fainted after trying to kill him again). At the F4's lab, Ultron's story is just the beginning. In the Negative Zone's prison, Kang told him that Captain America will betray them at one point. As someone who knew about Secret Invasion and some spoiler, KREE SECRET INVASION. I was hoping like some possible crossover with X-Men in Phoenix Arc, where Cap accidentally hit Cyclops with a shield and angered the Phoenix into burning the Earth.
I don't know if Kang should be villain at all. Sure he did try to conquer Earth but he was trying to prevent it from being destroyed in Kree-Skrull War. And not to mention Princess Ravanna. And this series is the only time I see Jane Foster not being a helpless nurse ogling over either Donald Blake or Thor.
Edit: Please Disney, revive Season 3 of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and make better version of Avengers vs. X-Men or adapt the first one with Avengers fighting Magneto. Also try adapting Steve Gerber's Defenders* instead of Agent of SMASH.
*I don't know about them other than Hulk, Dr. Strange and Namor.

Zmeoaice
2015-03-23, 08:43 PM
The above quote applied to Modoc ("kill" is not ok to talk on kid's tv but butt shot on Black Widow is tolerable).

More likely because "killing" is such an over the top and cartoonishly evil description.

I was hoping like some possible crossover with X-Men in Phoenix Arc, where Cap accidentally hit Cyclops with a shield and angered the Phoenix into burning the Earth.

Probably not going to happen if you saw 'Wolverine and the X-Men' (which takes place in the same universe. Then again, they could bring the Phoenix back, but it seems like a one time deal for TV shows.

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 08:50 PM
This is trilogy on Kang the Conqueror's arc. It began with Captain America and Iron Man having a spur at boxing ring after arguing over technology (it kinda hint his background as an artist). Though he forgot to mention 1940's racism, even back in his first appearance in 1960's comic (luckily, various writers managed to give him deeper characterization than just flag waving mascot from WW2). Kang, first appeared in episode about Captain America, appeared at Avengers Mansion to beat the Avengers and sent them to a new timeline when somehow Cap had a part in destroying the earth. Then just as Iron Man is going to give Cap, he and Avengers launched out an attack on Kang and managed to travel back to their timeline. Then Kang launched an attack on Earth, which had Black Knight cameo in London (No Union Jack,aka Montgomery, or Captain Britain though). Then Antman, at Cap's request, launched Ultron robots as army. Then Tony Stark finally realized that Kang is in space and led the Avengers to board it. After some scuffles, Thor being knocked out, and Ironman and Wasp managed to get back in, they reached the time drive. Then just as Iron man is to send them back to their time, Wasp saw Princess Ravana's dying body and told Iron Man to spare Kang (now fainted after trying to kill him again). At the F4's lab, Ultron's story is just the beginning. In the Negative Zone's prison, Kang told him that Captain America will betray them at one point. As someone who knew about Secret Invasion and some spoiler, KREE SECRET INVASION. I was hoping like some possible crossover with X-Men in Phoenix Arc, where Cap accidentally hit Cyclops with a shield and angered the Phoenix into burning the Earth.

I find it amusing that Kang's tech was thwarted because Tony figured out what it was based on. It's like... hilariously dumb but at the same time sadly accurate. I was amused. XD

t209
2015-03-24, 03:58 PM
Probably not going to happen if you saw 'Wolverine and the X-Men' (which takes place in the same universe. Then again, they could bring the Phoenix back, but it seems like a one time deal for TV shows.
Well, it was also hinted in newspaper cover from Episode 14 that described Professor X's mutant school. But I think they might go with that story.
http://media.bigshinyrobot.com/uploads/2011/07/Screen-shot-2011-07-02-at-10.48.16-PM.png
This is where Magneto tried to use his helmet to use his mind to change people's mind by removing their prejudice against Mutants. Captain America, trying to give him a fair trial, disagreed with his view and became a test subject. However, Magneto was horrified at Captain America's nobility and kind-hearted nature to the point that he surrendered to go to trial.
So Wasp, Hawkeye, and Hulk are hanging out by the pool while Iron Man, Thor, and Black Panther are fighting Radioactive Man. After an argument between Thor and Iron Man over Tech vs. Magic due to the former's smashing the coolants instead of contaminating the earth through reactor drive, Malekith started a winter over Earth. Hawkeye, Wasp, Captain America and thawed Hulk (swimming while the ice age began) fight the elves while Tony and his team went to Norway to fight Malekith. At the grasp of defeat, Iron Man (metal, Dark Elf's weakness) and Thor (anti-elf magic) used their power together to defeat him and close to magic casket that causes winter (My elder brother called it "Elsa Box"). Then Enchantress and Executioner defrost and stole the box. FInally, :smalleek: Thor can't go back to Asgard.
I am feeling that Black Panther is becoming a Mary Sue or only competent member in Avengers. I kinda like how Thor is passionate but war hungry while Iron Man is logical but cold-hearted to a degree.
"You forgot Hulk was in the pool".

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 05:01 PM
I am feeling that Black Panther is becoming a Mary Sue or only competent member in Avengers. I kinda like how Thor is passionate but war hungry while Iron Man is logical but cold-hearted to a degree.
"You forgot Hulk was in the pool".

I pretty much agree 100%.

Metahuman1
2015-03-24, 09:34 PM
It traces back to the comics. At one point in the 70's Marvel was trying really hard to differentiate itself from DC by being the "Inclusive." company, which meant having a few prominent Black heros when DC didn't. And then having more when DC did start having black hero's.

So, not only did Black Panther become a thing, and then an Avenger, but they also made him basically invincible and always right for fear of being insulting or not inclusive enough.

Keeping in mind this was back when Movies like Shaft were a BIG deal for the first time. For the most part they've gotten better about this kinda stuff.

t209
2015-03-25, 08:29 PM
Now, I am finishing up Season 1 of Earth's Mightiest Hero. The last time I watched one episode because it's kinda out of sync with my numbering of even number.
Black Widow showed up at Avengers and revealed that she's undercover under Director Fury's knowledge. Before her appearance, AIM launched a EMP bomb to disable Hydra who were attacking them in response to the fact that they held a cosmic cube. Not only that, Nick Fury was missing and Maria Hill became the new director when she plan to arrest at the port. In exchange for Avengers to join Shield, Maria will let them go. But Iron Man refuses and the hydra interrupted their execution. Avengers defended the city from both crossfires and Hydra's war machines. During the dogfight, Modoc used his mindcontrol power on the escort plane's pilot in his smugness and survival. Baron Strucker was attacking Modoc, which crash landed in a warehouse. Then Hawkeye used his arrow to transport (3 buildings away) Antman to reach the cosmic cube then Cap arrived. After ensuing fight Cap and Von Strucker touched the cosmic cube at the same time and prevented Hydra controlled world. Hydra and AIM was brought down but Maria is on tension with Avengers. :smallfrown: Maybe Cap's wish brought back Bucky, who would later become Winter Soldier (I watched the movie and know about the comic that broken the rule on who should stay dead).
These two episode is based on Ultron, which was weaponised by Hank Pym to defeat Kang's fleet. Suddenly Hank has become a pacifist for a sudden, which he botched the arrest of Serpent Society. Then Hank Pym was checking Ultron and it turned evil. Thor was vaporized by Ultron's laser but actually transported to Asgard (Valhalla?). After some battle and original Iron Man armor (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/avengersearthsmightiestheroes/images/2/21/Mark_I_Armor.png/revision/latest?cb=20120417044236), Ultron was shut down for good and Hank Pym started destroying every Ultron equipment. However, Ultron controlled Shield's Helicarrier and launched the nukes. At the same time, the avengers HQ was attacked by Iron Man armors and Hawkeye and T'Challa stayed to defend. Then Thor arrived and saved them. At the helicarrier, Ultron defeated the Hulk, Wasp, and Iron Man but defeated by Antman who used "logic" on Ultron, defeated. Nuke got defused but Hank decided to quit the group after that shenanigans.
T'Challa and Iron Man discussed the news to Thor on discovering how to travel back to Asgard. Captain America told them about his adventure (origin episode) during WW2 that had a portal device that led to Asgard. At the sametime, Enchantress took magic stones from another dimensions and set up a ritual on portals to other dimensions. Then, offscreen, she ordered Executioner to kill Grey Gargoyle, or stone turner. All Avengers split up and fought the villain at each location. As the machine activates, Baron Zemo used a collar on Enchantress to control the army of monsters. Thor used Mjolnir to defeat Zemo and call the Avengers to destroy the stones. In the end, each Avengers ended up in other dimension with Thor looking at Loki on Asgard's throne.
I never like Episode 22 since it kinda make Hank Pym a pacifist in sudden manner. Out of all villains (Living Laser, Zemo, Executioner, Enchantress, and Chemistro), Wonderman is the most noble out of them. From what I read from Comic (Essential Avengers Vol. 5), Wonderman was in coma and didn't join the Avengers first either.

It traces back to the comics. At one point in the 70's Marvel was trying really hard to differentiate itself from DC by being the "Inclusive." company, which meant having a few prominent Black heros when DC didn't. And then having more when DC did start having black hero's.

So, not only did Black Panther become a thing, and then an Avenger, but they also made him basically invincible and always right for fear of being insulting or not inclusive enough.

Keeping in mind this was back when Movies like Shaft were a BIG deal for the first time. For the most part they've gotten better about this kinda stuff.
And Sam Wilson.
Until someone wrote a backstory as his time as pimp named "Snap".

DigoDragon
2015-03-25, 09:02 PM
The Ultron two-parter felt so forgettable. Pretty standard AI goes evil kind of story, complete with logic resolution to stop it.

t209
2015-03-25, 09:48 PM
I just finished Avengers season 1 finale
Hawkeye got trapped in Elfland, Captain America trapped in Neifelheim, Ironman got stuck with Dwarves, Hulk got trapped in Ogreland, Black Panter ended up with Dark Elves, Hank Pym (saved Wasp in Arctic) ended up in Jotunheim, and Thor was trapped with Loki in Asgard. Each character fight in each realm and got out when Black Panther got out of well and saved Hawkeye and Elf king, Hank and Wasp was rescued by Thor's female companion, Hulk busted out the captured Asgardians, Captain America made a deal with death to escape from her realm (at least he's not Peter Parker or his fetus daughter), and Ironman made his new armor out of dwarven metal. Each group went in a montage, which Hulk and three Asgardian Heroes (I don't know their name, so Errol Flynn, Fat guy, and Genghis Khan with a mace) got there and later aided by other teams with Hawkeye came in with a ship. Then all of the team got together and rescued Thor, who freed himself when Hawkeye's elven arrow fired at the rock. Hawkeye, Hank, and T'Challa went to Yggdrasil, which Hank uprooted it and awoken Odin. Loki was defeated by Odin and punished by sending in the snake hell to get his eyes put out with venom all over again. Finally, on Earth, Captain America was switched with Skrull agent.
I feel that it was the best episode finale ever! Plus I feel that Hulk look like barbarian with a magical axe. And I don't know but I wonder if Loki as Frost Giant in movie came from Valhalla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valhalla_%28comics%29) comic, except Loki in that comic was more sympathetic and had an abusive Frost giant father which gave him a reason to love Odin (the whole Ragnarok betrayal was interpreted by the comic as a mistake, which he was actually trying to talk them out of warring with Asgard). Anyway, kinda worse way to get Loki's eye put out by venom while his power regenerate and suffer from the pain all over again. And Iron Man's dwarven armor was awesome (kinda fit with their blacksmith archetype, along with Hawkeye's elven archery). Whenever I watched the Iron Man in this episode's montage, it reminded me of an opening from the old Iron Man cartoon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBbnT-cIDVM) (watched it as a kid before movie came out)

DigoDragon
2015-03-26, 06:22 AM
The final couple of episodes were really good.
Dwarven armor Iron Man was one of the best parts. :) I like the idea that Tony put his engineering skills to use forging fresh armor that had magic properties. And he had dwarven helpers! Heh. I didn't see the second season, but if that armor never made another appearance, I'd be sad.

Zmeoaice
2015-03-26, 10:55 AM
It didn't; the dwarves wanted it back. Maybe if there had been a season 3...

t209
2015-03-26, 11:27 AM
It didn't; the dwarves wanted it back. Maybe if there had been a season 3...
or some speculation or ideas in possible intervention in Marvel arcs.
- Captain America and Avengers chewing out Senator Kelly and/or Bolivar Trask on the sentinels attack on Genosha.
- Better version of Avengers vs. X-Men, maybe elements of Phoenix Saga (Cap and Avengers wanted to take it down while X-Men wanted to talk her out of it).
- Sentinel factory smashing, the one that should have been done by Uncanny Avengers in the first place (sorry, affirmative action isn't the only way to calm down Cyclops).
- Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Cannonball, and Sunspot.
- Power Packs! or Big Hero Six (not the disney version, but the one by Chris Claremont).
edit: For Season 2, the posting schedule will be erratic due to coming quarters of my college and my want to just watch the show without posting new posts.

Metahuman1
2015-03-26, 03:49 PM
I'll be perfectly honest, the one I wanted to see was the Avengers, in there entirety, telling the US government in general and Maria Hill in particular to go soak there heads over registration.

DigoDragon
2015-03-27, 11:21 AM
It didn't; the dwarves wanted it back.

Awww... I hate those one use powerups. If it were a disposable one use deal like a one-shot weapon, that's one thing, but dang, those dwarves! I think magic Iron Man would be a neat thing to pull out when dealing with Loki's magical crud.

I'll be perfectly honest, the one I wanted to see was the Avengers, in there entirety, telling the US government in general and Maria Hill in particular to go soak there heads over registration.

Hee, I'd pay money to see that.

Zmeoaice
2015-03-27, 12:36 PM
I heard that one story arc they wanted to bring for season 3 was to have Betty Brant show up, so Bruce would have a reason to want to be the dominant side, and cause conflict between him and the Hulk.

Metahuman1
2015-03-27, 04:01 PM
Probably. We know they

Were gonna do Surter and were gonna bring in the X-men, and I think the Kree/Skrull War was actually gonna run longer originally before they decided to cancel the show to make room for Avengers Assemble.

t209
2015-04-02, 10:04 AM
I don't know whether I should watch Season 2 since I have little motivation to watch the show and write summary at the same time.
Kinda sad that they didn't manage to get Season 3 and two mutant avengers (Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver).
And Ponies coming up this week, so my interest might change.

t209
2015-04-04, 09:34 PM
So Dr. Doom and Von Bardas (robo-lady) were briefing Intel on Avengers (lol, Hawkeye as Low threat level). While Bardas recommend delaying for intel, Doom decided to go for the attack. Hawkeye, Captain America, T'Challa, and Hulk were stuck at Mansion while the rest of the Avengers were meeting with Fantastic Four (Jan and Ms. Invisible, and Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic). Both of them are talking about Thor and previous season finale. Then they talked about Personal life. At Avengers Mansion, the four guys played cards until Hulk got angry over Ben Grimm got Full House. Then Dr. Doom launched a simultaneous assault on Fantastic Four lab, Avengers Mansion, and underground base. Then Doom used the robots as a distraction (+ a fence bomb) and got Sue and Janet as hostage. They were put into the machine at Latverian castle. Then Avengers and FF4 launched a group assault with Cap's Quinjet as distraction. After the battle, Dr. Doom decided to gave Janet and Ms. Invisble back without resistance. Then, we discover that Dr. Doom knew about Secret Invasion
My opinion on Season 2 opening, I rather prefer the first one since the second one is kinda bland.
I wonder if the Avengers vs. X-Men would be better if this show had ran for Season 3. Here are my points,
- X-Men would be a new comer and wouldn't be familiar with Avengers in the series timeline.
- using Jean Grey and Phoenix Saga rather than Hope.
- Cyclops wouldn't murder Professor X.
Then there's Nova (both Richard Rider and Sam Alexander), Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch's Avengers, War of Kings storyline, Marvel Civil War, and Cancerverse.

DigoDragon
2015-04-05, 07:37 AM
- Cyclops wouldn't murder Professor X.

I musta really missed something. :smallconfused:

t209
2015-04-05, 07:35 PM
I musta really missed something. :smallconfused:
Here's what I mean,
Cyclops and other mutants (Emma Frost, Colossus, Namor, and Magik) got posessed by Phoenix Force and created a utopia until they went crazy. Then Cyclops had an argument with Professor X and killed him.

DigoDragon
2015-04-05, 08:23 PM
Cyclops and other mutants (Emma Frost, Colossus, Namor, and Magik) got posessed by Phoenix Force and created a utopia until they went crazy. Then Cyclops had an argument with Professor X and killed him.

Huh. I did not know that. Scary.

Metahuman1
2015-04-06, 07:31 AM
Correction, poorly written. Very, very, very, very poorly written. To the tune of Civil War, Avengers Arena, M-day, One More Day, Sin's Past, One Moment In Time and Ultimatum. Yeah.

Anyway, funny you should mention Civil War. They were starting to lay ground work for it during this season, and were planning on doing there version of it before the show got canceled. And yes, based on the way they handled the Skrulls Secret Invasion (Which you know is the story there doing as of this point.) better then the comic book did, It actually makes me think we would have gotten a worth while civil war story.

For Starters, Iron Man would have been right there beside Cap telling the government and Maria Hill to stick it where the sun don't shine.

t209
2015-04-23, 08:22 PM
Season 2: Episode 2
Tony is at the meeting and didn't pay attention to it, which put concerns for Pepper Potts. Cap Skrull and Black Panther were at basement, moving Iron Man armors to Avengers HQ. Then AIM attacked Stark Towers with a technovore. Tony, who worked on hologram shield, saved Maria Hill and went to arc reactor. Then in the basement, Colonel Rhodes put on his warmachine and mowing down AIM Agents. Finally, Technovore was overfed and both Tony and Maria still talking about Registration.
I don't know but the episode is kinda generic compared to other I watched. However, it kinda set up Marvel Civil War, which will be less stupid then comics but still idiotic, especially the viewers from countries with universal conscription. Then again, there could be problematic for extra-terrestrial police like Captain Mar-vell and Nova (especially Sam Alexander and Richard Rider). Kinda like how they were going to connect with X-Men cartoon, which Avengers vs. X-Men might be done right since it would be better as first-contact story and possibly combine with morally greyish situation, like Jean Grey Phoenix.

Metahuman1
2015-04-24, 04:07 PM
The X-men crossover was planned to center around a several episode climax to the Dark Phoenix arc with the Avengers for the most part trying to actually help cause in this canon there not jack wads.

That said, that was planned for season 3, so, were never gonna get to know.

t209
2015-04-24, 05:17 PM
Season 2 Episode 3
Masters of Evil Civil War (Enchantress vs. other members) and Zemo ask the Avengers for help. :smallfrown: Sorry, Digo. Dwarves were wiped out in Sutur attack and Thor was investigating. In the final battle, Cap refuses to activate the dampener until Iron Man came and started it. Then Zemo betrayed the Avengers and also carrying a nornstone. Dampener was destroyed and Enchantress got her powers again. Then Wonderman gave his life trying to stop Nornstone.
Season 2 Episode 4
This is when we meet the Kree empire, which the show didn't have the pink-blue caste system (Captain Marvell is the pink one in the comics). Sword just built the first spacebase/starship base and Agent Brandt can't seem to access the ship's AI. Later Kree assaulted it while the "emissaries" came to Earth. Ms. Marvel came to planetside and aided the Avengers. To be fair, they were going to talk until Cap Skrull (his race is sworn enemy of the Kree) attacked them. Then Avengers won the fight against Accuser but possibly doomed the planet via being viewed as a threat. Cap Skrull reported to his race on the arrival of Krees.
Opinion
Episode 3 was meh but entertaining. For Episode 4 was great in my opinion. So do you guys know what Agent Brandt's codename is since she seem to have power to teleport guns and energy blast. Then again, I have a knack for Marvel Cosmos. I wonder why the comic seem to portray Kree more positive than the Skrulls (I mean most prominent heroes and even Novas were of Kree race). Too bad that Fox seem to hold the rights to Skrulls, Shiar, and Badoons but only pushing in idiotic X-Men and Fantastic Four movies (though they were going to have Galactus as the original version until they go for cloud as surprise for the now-ditched sequel). I mean we could be seeing Groot slamming down Skrull soldiers, Rocket mowing down Badoon hordes, and Drax going toe to toe with Superskrull.

Metahuman1
2015-04-24, 05:24 PM
If the next few movies preform below expectations, and they might (In FF's case, likely will.), Fox might do what Sony did with Spiderman for one or both franchises. And as a result, will start seeing X-men and FF be prominent in marvel cinematic U and comics and animation again. For better or worse.

t209
2015-04-24, 05:58 PM
Season 2, Episode 5
Antman/Hank Pym's suit got stolen and there are reports of banks with criminal ties robbed in New York. Avengers hired Iron Fist and Powerman. It was revealed that Scott Lang stole the suit when his daughter was kidnapped by William Cross for the money he lost during a robbery (get money for treatment) that landed him in jail and lost his job as a felon. Then Scott Lang, Powerman, and Iron Fist helped find Cassie from Cross' hideout. Thus, the second Antman was born.
Note to myself: Please don't have Deadpool (a Canadian) make a commentary on this episode. It will be like the one from Saw VI, which tried to be political on healthcare and ended up failing since it's a psychopathic killer complaining about it, hypocritical since he also played with victims' life, and unintentionally made Health insurance as good guys by killing the evil guy (one guy even pointed that the treatment will not work and the hospital going to get sued for it if he died). In addition, Weapon X (Deadpool's program) is in Canada and it didn't do good on Wade Wilson's mental health.
But Alpha Flight (Canadian Avengers) and John Bryne (the one who wrote this story that inspired this and the upcoming movie and a Canadian) can be commentator though.
Sorry, just venting out my anger. So I kinda feel that if Cass Lang would become a member of Young Avengers if they made a show about it.

t209
2015-05-01, 11:13 AM
Season 2, Episode 6
Michael Korvac returned to Earth after 2 years and hid among the Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy (Quasar, Peter Quil, Adam Warlock, Rocket Racoon, and Groot) came to arrest him but had a tussle with Korvac, who later went nuts and go all Super Saiyan. Later, Avengers and GotG worked together to stop him but failed. Finally, Korvac's lover Corrina feared him enough to get himself banished.
:smallfrown:Corrina: You're a Monster now.
Season 2, Episode 7
Nick Fury came into Maria Hill's quarters and talk to her about Skrulls. Then they also inform Iron Man about Skrulls. Avengers had an argument with superpowers and Iron Man, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel left. Later it was revealed that Nick Fury was watching over the tussle and Mockingbird is a Skrull Queen.
Episode 6: I kinda feel that it was one of the best episodes of EMH. I kinda feel sorry for Korvac since he's a broken abductee who wanted to return to Earth but can't control his own power. :smallfurious: Kinda mad that Bendis made him a villain in Ultimate Spiderman.
Episode 7 was meh, good foundation but feel like a filler episode.

DigoDragon
2015-05-01, 11:56 AM
Season 2 Episode 3
Masters of Evil Civil War (Enchantress vs. other members) and Zemo ask the Avengers for help. :smallfrown: Sorry, Digo. Dwarves were wiped out in Sutur attack and Thor was investigating.

It's alright. I can't win them all. Maybe in the next go-around. These things tend to perpetually get remade every decade or so. :smalltongue:

t209
2015-05-02, 07:15 PM
Thor investigate a ship that is guarded by Beta Ray Bill, who was worthy enough to wield Mjolnir. Bill was then transported to Midgard since he held the hammer and had a scuffle with the gods. Then he told the story that his race, Korbinites, were chased by Sutur and the current forces is led by possessed Enchantress. Then the Dwarves made a Stormbreaker reluctantly with a favor for them as they pleases. Sif, Thor, and Beta Ray Bill led the assault on invading Fire demons and saved the ship. Then Surtur finished making a sword
Red Hulk began its story here. Winter Soldier, aka Bucky, stole Hulk's blood and put a strange chemical before giving to the unknown subject (aka General Ross if you remember the comic). Red Hulk went on a rampage in Helicarrier and Skrull!Cap and Wasp drove it away to port. Then Hulk and Hawkeye was attacked by Falcon, who was shown in the series as a government agent rather than kind-hearted social worker with backgrounds messed by Steve Englehert Cosmic Cube. Hulk was given a inhibitor that prevented him from turning to Hulk until the battle ensues at port after seeing Red Hulk breaking Hawkeye's arm. After the battle, Red Hulk escaped and Hulkbuster arrested Hulk. Plus Avengers are shattered enough for Skrulls to be satisfied on their invasion plan.
Captain America and other were trapped on the ship but they managed to escape when Skrulls try to interrogate via fake rescue operation. Then Captain America, Madam Hydra, AIM Agent, Captain America, Quartermain, SWORD Director, Mocking Bird, and Snake Dude team up and broke out of prison ship. We learn from Interrogator that Skrulls' homeworld was eaten by galactus and plan to invade earth as their prophecy. Then Cap's team fought with Super Skrull (a special one who held all of F4's power) but managed to escape with everyone intact (except AIM Agent tried to kill Cap while Serpent dude tried to ditch them). Finally, it might be too late for Cap to convince that the Skrull!Cap is fake.
Opinion: I don't know but I feel that Beta Ray Bill should be more fitting if he had the same voice as Halo Elite rather than Steve Blum. It kinda hint that General Ross was Red Hulk (Ironically one of Jeph Loeb's creation, albeit a mary sue) at the end of the episode. Now the Secret Invasion begins.

t209
2015-06-09, 08:06 PM
Guys,
That's it for Let's Watch on EMH and finished up to Season 2 finale with Galactus being sent to Negative Zone. And kinda prefer that the show could use adult Spiderman since I kinda like him being married (AND NO "ONE MORE DAY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_One_More_Day)").
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/news/?a=86341
Heck, they were going to have Omega the Unknown; the same comic about a alien super hero and a boy who turned out to be alien machines made by a dying race to learn other cultures. that Marvel screwed over. Heck, they would have adapted "A Man Called Nova," which was an origin of Richard Rider's Nova. As much as I like Sam Alexander (the comic, not the cartoon), I kinda see him as awesome one but Jeph said that he's a fan of him but believed that bringing him back would dishonor his sacrifice in Thanos Imperative. I kinda wish they give him a sympathetic backstory or reason behind his "attitude" (Headcanon: Sam is Half Xandarian Half Human since dad came from space and kinda feel that ALL OF MARVEL'S HALF ALIENS are either orphans or raised by relatives.).
Ironically, DC's main strength is in making good animated series while Marvel's main strength is in live action movies. However, as much as both companies are horrible, DC tend not to make their comics or series to be tied in with other universe too much and having Warner Brothers allow them to make more mature themes in series, unlike Disney's "family friendly" image.
I think I may check out Avengers Assemble Season 3, which the series is now in the hands of EMH writers that might gave some salvation to the series.
edit: You know what? I am avoiding Avengers Assemble like plague.
P.S- I kinda like Drake Bell as Spiderman.
See you soon.