PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Building a Blaster Sorcerer

13ones
2015-03-15, 11:31 AM
So I've been given a task of building a Blaster sorcerer for a one off game based around a Heist concept. Basically I'm the demolition guy who's in charge of blowing the doors off any and all safes as well as dealing with large groups of elite mooks. So I've got to be able to do buckets of damage in a large area, while still having the flexibility of 20 levels of Arcane casting. I'm also playing the role of primary get away, since teleport is a pretty reliable way to get out of a vault-city.

Now this isn't going to just be us sneaking in the sewers, cutting a hole in the floor of the main safe and then Greater Teleporting away. There will be role playing, skill checks and a lot of other things so I can't really take huge hits to my skill points/int.

The game will be 20th level. It will be going across a handful of small sessions but it is contained in that this is the only thing this setting is good for. There is really nothing planned/developed outside of the vault city. I'm allowed all of the 'core' pizao books but none of the 3rd party or splat/companion materials. As such I've been looking at Sorcerer as it lets me be a bit of a face while still being Arcane. Since I'm filling both the Get=away and demolition roles I'm going to be centering the character on Conjuration and Evocation. I've looked into the Arcane, Draconic, and Elemental Bloodlines as these offer my best bet for doing what I need to do. I've also considered Crossblooded for Arcane/Draconic but I'm not sure how effective that would make me, what with losing all my spells.

Any suggestions?

Snowbluff
2015-03-15, 11:51 AM
Well, for starters:

Sacred Geometry. Maximize is a 35 point bonus on average with a 10d6 spell. Empower is a little better.

Play a wizard (No increased casting time with sacred geo). Admixture can help with energy type, and regular Evocation gives a serviceable damage bonus to help out a little.

Use Wayang Spell hunter to get a good first level blast (Magic Missile and Snowball are my perennial favorites for this) as a cantrip with a +0 MM. Apparently this only works with Merciful spells, but it's handy to have a Toppling Dazing Magic Missile at will.

Wayang Spell Hunter (one spell) + Magical Lineage (Different spell) + Sacred Geo (Heighten) = the ability to use scared geometry to modify up to ninth level.

13ones
2015-03-15, 02:11 PM
The problem is I'm allowed the following books; Core, APG, UM, UC, ARC, UE, and ACG. That's about it. Enough material to do some damage, not enough to get super cheesy.

Snowbluff
2015-03-15, 02:20 PM
What you have pretty much covers it then. Make sure to pick a good damage type. Play a human to cover for lost spells. :smalltongue:

Psyren
2015-03-15, 02:54 PM
What you have pretty much covers it then. Make sure to pick a good damage type. Play a human to cover for lost spells. :smalltongue:

It means he won't have Sacred Geometry though, which is not in those books.

(I assume ARC is a typo that should have said ARG?)