PDA

View Full Version : Sønderjye Dice Thread

Sønderjye
2015-03-15, 12:01 PM
Item creation

Lvl 3. cha +2, lvl +6, MW tools +2, Familiar aid +2, Divine insight +8, Skill enhancement +3. Total +23
DC 23:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

lvl 5: cha +2, lvl +8, MW tools +2, Familiar aid +2, Divine insight +8, Skill enhancement +3. Total +25
DC 29.
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Same bonus, +25.
So the price listed is only the crafting price. I'm working under the assumption that the base price would be the double craft price which would be 4200gp, giving 5 days.
Arcane eye DC 27
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
Fabricate DC 29
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]

Sønderjye
2016-11-19, 04:15 AM
History+Mind
[roll0]

Explosions if needed:
[roll1]

School necromancy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Necromancy) [evil]; Level sorcerer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer)/wizard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard) 9 [maybe also others]
Casting Time 1 Standard Action
Components V, S
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target one creature
Duration instantaneous.
Saving Throw Will (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Reflex) half; Spell Resistance No

You grasp for the targets very soul and attempt to crush it, dealing 1d6 points of soul damage per caster level (maximum 20d6).

Soul damage harms the soul itself rather than the physical body, and thus persist through effects such as Astral Projection and Magic Jar.

If the amount of soul damage exceed the HP of a target, the target's soul is destroyed. Thus the soul does not go to the afterlife and cannot be ressurected except by an effect that recreates a soul.

Soul damage regenerate as regular damage and can be healed magically.

School Evocation; Level sorcerer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer)/wizard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard) 9 [maybe also others]
Casting Time 1 Swift Action
Components V, S
Range Personal
Target You
Duration 1 Round

You convert some of your own essense into magic and use it to cast a single spell within the duration of the spell, thus allowing you to cast a spell in areas in which magic cannot normally function, such as within the area of an antimagic field, a dead magic area, or a null-magic plane.
You take 1d4 ability burn for each level of the spell you cast in conjunction with this spell to the ability modifier you use for casting spells.
Normally, you cast invoke magic and then immediately follow it by casting another spell within the same round.
This spell can be cast in areas in which magic cannot normally function.

School necromancy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Necromancy) [evil]; Level sorcerer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer)/wizard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard) 9 [maybe also others]
Casting Time Swift Action, see text;
Components V, S
Range Short (25 ft. + 5 ft./level)
Target One corpse
Duration instantaneous.
Saving Throw Will (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Reflex) partial; Spell Resistance No

You weaves traces of magic into a spell that creates an undead, binding it to you. The undead is created as normal with the exception that it is under the complete control of the caster as if the caster had created with a Create Spawn ability. There is no limit to the number or HD of undeads controlled by this spell.

The undead created receives a Will Save to resist control at the end of casting which negates the control but does not negate the undead creation. A creature with twice the HD of the caster or more automatically succeed on this save.

This spell must be cast immediately before a spell is cast to create an undead, taking a swift action and increases the casting time of the spell in question to double that of the spell.

Sønderjye
2017-08-28, 05:53 AM
Bluff [roll0]

Mindcontrol: Anyone touched by the character will begin growing a tumour-like blop in their brain. After some amount of time this blop is fully grown. The character can use senses the senses of one or more blopinfected and can take full control over a blobinfected.
Disadvantage: The character can't turn their power off and can't remove a blop. It's possible for a surgeon to remove the blop although the process is very dangerous(dangerous enough that the character don't want to do it to a loved one but not so dangerous that a PC can't get it removed). People with a blop will feel intense hatred towards the character. When the character uses a sense or a blopinfected they lose that corresponding sense, so if they want to see through the eyes of two people they lose their sight. Similarly a character loses control over their own body if they take full control.
Note: Normally the character wear gloves.

Upgrade: Anything the character touches improved. This includes biological beings as well as objects. These improvements happens slowly but are permanent. Things always improves in some sense but only improves towards one focus at a time and the character can choose/change the focus.
Disadvantage: The character have an irrational fear of using any technology that their power didn't create. Diseases that the character suffers from also improves and while the character can choose how they improves, this still means that the character suffers more from infections than other people. The character is unable to directly improve themselves.

Leech(metapower): The character power consist of combining the powers of two last supers they touched. The character doesn't gain either powers of the supers but rather an entirely new power that are related to both powers. Anyone touched starts feeling drained and tired, and eventually over prolonged touch could die.
Disadvantage: The character can't absorb food and drinks, and can only gain nourishment through touching people. Non-supers are influenced stronger than supers. Every week the needs to absorb enough cumulative energy that would kill a single person.

[This is a post for a meeting between the many Chases in which they'll talk about being a copy and everything about that. It's going to be a wall of text and I'm not assuming that anyone will read it. I'm partly writing it to get a better understanding myself of my character and partly as an exercise in writing a full scene myself.
That said both Jack and Eldest are welcome to have their characters be present if they want to.]
Grand Meeting of Chase

Chase were standing on an freefloating diamond plate covering in decorations with a level of detail that probably could buy an apartment in uptown new york. A closer look by anyone with true sight reveals that it's made of semi-translucent shadows, though that doesn't seem to matter to the ivory-skinned blue-eyed fey standing like a queen looking over her dominion.

The comparison wasn't far off given that Tollens had literally created the plane that he had made and that his subjects had expanded. The 'subjects' in question were of course the the small country's worth of 3 story tall plant monsters that had located themselves in the surrounding area for the upcomming meeting. Some were lounging on the surrounding shadowstuff buildings, others were floating around in small groups, many had taken the alternate form of a middle age greenhaired woman. Shared for all of them however were that an obvious effort effort had been put into making them aestetically distinct, whether in attire or body modifications.

There was an erry silence which witnessed of the tension in the air. Conversations were being held telepathically and those who were tinkering were limiting themselves to scribbling notes down rather than actually assembling parts. Then suddenly a loud noice was heard and eyes turned towards the platform.

"TESTING. Testing."

The word echoed out over the massed monsters as a number of designated simulacrums had agreed to be acting speakers and hollograms. Even with a perception modifier of over 20 there was a range limit to how far the country of monsters could hear and they had to be spaced far apart to have space for everyone. Expecting eyes turned towards Tollens on the platform and he had to supress an instinct to flinch. This was madness, all of it. He wouldn't have trusted himself to lead 10 subordinates competently, let alone millions of copies. In retrospec he could see that he had let fear control him when he initially arrived seeking immediate powerups, otherwise he obviously should have had this conversation when there was 5 copies at the latest. He supressed a twitch and were thankful that his bluff modifier were high enough that nobody present had a chance of beating it. Regardless he had messed up and he had to own up to it. He took a deep breath steeling himself for the talk.

"Chases"
, his voice rang throughout the crowd:
"This is the first grand meeting of Chase intended for sharing information and making big decisions. You all know why you were brought into this world so that won't be the focus. There's important information conserning yourself but first I have an order."

"Do as you want. This order should be interpreted as doing as you would do if you weren't otherwise magically compelled to loyalty and is of the highest priority"

He felt a shiver going down his spine, despite his inability to feel cold, as he in one second had freed 3 million gods from their chains. "I hope that you'll stick around to help as we'll need it but I'm not going to force you as I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me."

He took a long pause before continueing. He really hoped he wasn't going to regret that decision.

"With that out of the way there's some information you should know if you haven't heard the rumours already. Souls are real and "

Situation description. Initial assurance. 'Do as you want'.

Some discussion.

Sønderjye
2017-09-17, 06:16 PM
Knowledge (Planes): [roll0]

Name: The Trial Fatale

[Alt-earth worm-esque freeform]

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fd.ibtimes.co.uk%2Fen%2Ffull%2F1367 766%2Fasteroid.jpg%3Fw%3D720%26h%3D509%26l%3D50%26 t%3D40&f=1

The year is 2017 on a planet remarkably similar to our own. Earlier this month an asteroid crashed down near the city of Pandera in Australia. It would later be discovered that the asteroid carried a virus-like organism which lay dormant in humans until triggered by certain events and in some cases granted them special powers.

This is a superhuman/mutant game which will deviate from the others of the same genre by a) having the PCs be amongst the FIRST of a wave of emerging superhumans, b) being on an alternative Earth and c) not being about preserving status quo.

My goals for this game are:

To explore how a modern society changes when the power balance is changed radically.
To co-create an interesting story with lots of good roleplay.
To have fun and facilitate people having fun.
Combine character creation elements from games I have really enjoyed.

The game will start out in the city Pandera on the continent of Australia that is at this point rather vaguely defined. This is because YOU, the players, will have an opportunity to define the city you want to play in, more on that later. This game will be player driven in many ways and one of those ways is that I won't be throwing things in your face but that the game in large will be driven by character goals (although other groups will be working towards their goals), so if you so decide you are free to leave the city and go somewhere else.

We will imploy a grey-scale of morality. The rarest of people are purely altruistic but appearance is important. I expect things to be somewhat serious and at least some dark but I'm flexible.

This will be largely freeform with me being the deciding factor for what works and what doesn't. For things where multiple variables are involved I will roll a d20 which will be modified based on your characters abilities and circumstances.

For the most part I will be in charge of the environment but feel free to take control over minor things within reason. This should be used to make the story more interesting and make your posts appealing to read, and should not be used for your character to have an easier time achieving their goals. I will largely leave this to sound judgement, interfere if you say something that contradicts/doesn't fit the setting. As a rule of thump you should state what your character does and what they intend and I will let you know what happens. Check in if you're unsure.

NPC's won't be aimed at directing you but will to my best ability have their own hopes and dreams, and plots will be happening around you regardless of whether you discover them or not.

In this game we will be using the concept of scenes. This essentially boils down to that we can have multiple timelines running simultaneously. Try to avoid starting new scenes when a current scene might significantly impact a new scene, such as someone maybe dying. In theory this means that we might need to retcon a scene at some point but in practice I have never seen this.
Directing the drones

“Brilliant work. As usual.”

Daaamn man, that's pretty wicked

Patch responds to the praise with a nod. Past itterations of the same process had shown that he would lose the argument if he started deflecting the praise. It still felt good.

“How do they work? Do we need people watching cameras or is there an automatic way in which they scan for criminal activity?”

"Well" Patch scratches his head: "I can have them send feed to a program I made earlier which'll search for violent behaviour and known criminal items, also let me know if there's other things they should search for. Moving them however isn't that easy. I could probably cook something more detailed up but for now we have single control a group control. Single control allows us to control a single drone. Group control allows us to issue the same commands to a group of drones. Especially the last one looks super unnatural but at least they are small and hard to spot. I'd suggest setting some of our new PRT officers at the task"

If we choose not to investigate the Everglades next, is there a reason we couldn't just assign a few of the bugs to major routes and-or roads over there? It wouldn't cover all the ways criminals could or would move, but it could help us map out standard traffic patterns for when we can eventually shift our focus there.

"We could, but what would you have us looking for?"

Patch listens to the arguments. Considers them and then says: "Good points. In that case I suggest we focus on the South Beach and Downtown. Heatwave and Elite are the groups that recruits most aggresively and I think it would be better to take them out sooner than later."

Training Sessions

"Gah!" Patch cries as he, yet again, is knocked over by his martial arts teacher, whose name he still wasn't able to pronounce. 'This is the 4th time this session! Or 5th!'' There just seemed to be no progress at all.

His teacher looked at him with this ambiguous looks before signalling him to get on his feet. Patch was sure his trainer either pitied him or felt contempt for how slowly he learned. "Perhaps.. It might be beneficial for your training to focus either on shooting or on fighting rather than both" Patch narrowed his eyes, was it glee he was hearing?

Truth be told Patch were getting progressively worse, not better, over the last training sessions. An observant individual might speculate that it was influenced by disproportional time that the tinker spent on sleeping compared to the time spent in his lab working on a tracking device for CJ, the cape that kidnapped immediately after their team was formed.

He closed his eyes for a moment. 'This is just a momentary inconvinience. I'll get back to work soon. Play along' It was days like these he didn't appreciate that Echo forced them to waste time throwing punches when there were more important things to attend.

He manages to get to his feet.. simply to get knocked over a minute after.

Anyone can feel free to interact here if they feel compelled. Otherwise it'll just illustrate what Patch life is like these days.

Psych - Patch

It was with a sigh that Patch had walked into his personal torture chamber. That place where Dr. Linters gave an honest attempt to convince him how he was wrong about the PRT and dangled a delicious carrot of being able to start biotinkering, just outside of his reach.

"Good afternoon Mateo, pleasure to see you as always." he says, putting only symbolic effort into pretending to be honest. Least he could do was to keep up a polite facade. It wasn't Linters fault he had to do this.

"What have you been up to as of lately?" Each appointment were only 1 hour and if he could get Linters to spend one minute talking about his personal life it would be one minute less he had to endure the torment.
Players are encouraged to start scenes themselves. Players cannot however control other PC's and scenes should be phrased in a way such that the character invites other PCs to come rather than assume that they are currently present. Unless you check in OOC. If you are unsure at all about scenes please let me know or ask me to set up a few scenes that you'd like too explore.

Assume that people a similar mindset to those today and that all technology we have today are available in this setting. Some might ask why I went through the trouble of creating something that is so similar to the current world and my solemn answer must be: I enjoyed it. I'll note that I, despite resemblance, am not intending to make any political statements about our Earth, I am just listing how this alternative earth is.

Brief History

On this alternative Earth the various countries in South America was first developed guns and used that for their colonial expansion. This caused the Greens, humans with a greenish skincolor, to become the major colonial power over a long period. Not any more of course, at least not officially. The countries occupied are for the most part in great poverty and coorporation from green countries are still extracting resources from the previously occupied countries for way underprice.

The Southern American countries have after what seemed like an endless sequence of wars that affected most of the world created the United Nations of America, UNA, which are intended to hold the important countries from tearing each other up. This far they have been doing an acceptable job and have instead only been tearing minor countries up in unison. A clever political ploy done by expanding the human category for "us" to include all of southern america and then letting the news portray all the problem in foreign countries and getting the public support before invading them under the pretense of peacekeeping. A decade ago a ressistance group from Algnesia managed to put a bomb in a train which fell down from an overcity-bridge and killed 2000 people, perhaps a 10th of how many people die on an annual basis in car accidents, and the UNA have exchanged dictators in Algnesia 3 times since then and is still fighting ressistance groups in the country.

World problems

The Earth is becomming more and more disgusting with all the waste that is poured into the sea, and since the ocean current disposes much of it's waste on the east coast of Southern America, they have founded the Union for Preservation of Earth, UPE, and are preassuring other countries into joining the union to trade with them, thus diminishing oceanic waste. The technology used is also affecting the magnetic field of the planet and is slowly rotating the planet off course and into a more oval trajectory and the more pessimistic forecasts expects that earth can probably support about 1/4th of it's current population in 300 years. There are a few environmental groups, but by and large the UPE aren't doing a lot to change the course of their species destruction since a) it's too abstract a concept and b) nobody wants to take the hit to their country's economy it will cause.

Tension is growing between Australia, the UNA and other countries around the world. Some are conserned that another world war is on it's way.

Australia is split in two countries, Antaka and Zango, each with their independent government. Antaka, which this game will take place in is a democratic country with a single parlament which once elected largely handles how it governs itself. The process of election uses prioritized voting and is by popular vote.

The main exports are oil, meat and ship, the population is on roughly 100.000.000 and the life expectancy is around 70y. The capital and the oldest city in the country is called Molaka after the king that first colonized it.

In Australia the 4 predorminant races are
Chames: Humans with a spotted skincolor that seem to be able to change to better allow them to blend in the environment. The native population of Australia. Most are poor, they have a high illeteracy rate and tend to live in groups on territories delegated by the government.
Greens: Humans with a greenish skincolor. In mainstream culture green is considered the most attractive skin-colour and a variarity of cosmetic products allows people to achieve this. About 90% of the high-wage jobs in all of Australia are occupied by greens while they perhaps represent 40% of the population.
Blues. Humans with a blue skincolor. Blues are known for being hard workers and taking pride in their work, and from the regions in the world where they are mostly found the standards of living is low and there are few regulations on the industry. Blue is generally considered an unattractive colour.
Furred. Humans with fur-covered bodies. Originally from the colder areas of the world, many migrated around the colonization. Furred take pride in their bodily hair and many find a long and powerful fur attractive, both in men and women. When completely shaved they can be mistaken for being a green.

Pandera, after sir lord Mostach Pandérä, is the largest city in Antaka and works as a key port for Antaka's trade. It is located on the north coast of Antaka and each day many ships arrive and depart.

Downtown is massive and there are many districts in which it is unsafe to go, primarily inhabited by non-greens.

You'll notice that the city have very little information on it. At the start of the game each player gains 4 city elements(CE) and 2 setting elements(SE). City elements should be used to introduce elements to the city, maybe you want the sewers to be big enough to have people, maybe you want the police department to be underfunded, maybe you want a particular coorporation etc. Setting elements are the same but can be used for the setting as a whole. You don't have to use these but are encouraged to use them to introduce the elements that you think will make the story more interesting and that are nessesarily for your character's background. If your element needs to be expanded or doesn't fit with the current setting I'll let you know. Use the 'yes and' principle for story elements, don't try to null another player's story element with yours and make sure that your tidbits are compatible with the CE of other players.
Again, ask if you have questions.

Character creation happens, as it is common in worm games on these forums, in two parts. In the first part you will create your character pre-power and your trigger event. Tell me the person before the power. Why should we care about his/her story? What makes him 3-dimensional and not just convenient vessel for superpowers? What was his goals and dreams before his trigger event?

I will then assign you a power based on your character and your trigger event. Trigger events doesn't have to be traumatic but it must be clear what caused your character to trigger. As a guideline I will be using "This" to assign powers. Once I have assigned a power it is final but you are free to create a new character to get a new power.
Classifications and Causes
Mover (Effects that move you. Flight, speed, teleportation, etc.) - Drive to escape, flee, run.
Shaker (Wide area effects) - Environmental danger, ambient danger, often nonhuman or only abstractly human.
Brute (Enhanced Strength and/or Enhanced Durability) - Experiencing physical harm or pain.
Blaster (Pewpew - You have ranged attacks built in.) - Man vs. a living/animated threat, ambulatory threat is approaching, attacking from range, or posing immediate harm but still further than arm’s reach.
Breaker (Physics kind of tickle. You alter yourself in such a way that rules apply differently.) - Abstract physical danger or harm, difficult to define pain or stress (not mental or physical.) Frequently arises from the hardest triggers to label.
Master (Minions, pets, affecting the thoughts and moods of others.) - Isolation, alienation, exile.
Tinker (You build the ****. All the ****.) - Issue proves difficult to resolve, unsolvable problem, typically over an extended period of time (weeks or months).
Thinker (Perception, knowledge, skills, this includes precognition and remote vision.) emotional or mental strain, reaching a crisis point in a short period of time.
Striker (Touch effects. If you touch something, something happens to that thing.) - Trigger results from immediate, in-your face threat, usually a singular object or individual (ie. knife, being strangled, mofo up in your grill)
Changer/Shifter (Shapeshifting and alteration of the self’s PHYSICAL form.) - Issue in physical state. Body image, or a crisis of self image vs. society’s expectations.
Trump (Powers that affect other powers: add, remove, complicate, compound) - As other triggers, but altered further by involvement with other powers. Rare.
Stranger (Powers related to stealth, infiltration and subterfuge.) - Attention of a group/individual threatens emotional/mental security (vs. physical, which would be more blaster). Almost inverse of Master, but not opposite - very possible and common for there to be overlap (often creating a more influential sort of master/stranger cross).

Mental vs. Physical Triggers
Mental triggers = thinker, tinker, stranger, shaker, rare trump or changer.
Physical triggers = brute, breaker, changer, mover.

This is general. Can vary. Degree of one vs. the other can shape the trigger in question.

Then in part two you tell us how your character changed after their trigger event and how that changed their life.

Once you are done I want at the following as well:
At least 3 connections to people in the city that are important to the character.
At least 2 possible reasons as to why your character would be part of the group.
At least 1 long term goal, such as bringing down the big bank that cheated your family from all they had, and at least 1 short term goal, such as getting monay asap. Since this will be a character driven game I need to know that your character have a drive for things to change things.
A few quirks about the character