PDA

View Full Version : Deadlykire's Survival Game: Eloel

Deadlykire
2015-03-15, 03:20 PM
Week 1. Day 1.
You find yourself regaining consciousness. Your head is swimming and you can't remember your name, how you got here, or even where here is. There is a hard surface below you and a gentle breeze brushing against your face. You can hear the sounds of water. A drop of water hits your face. As you open your eyes you find yourself on a small log, barely big enough to hold you. You are completely surrounded by water, but the current seems to be moving you SW. At the end of the first hour your name suddenly comes back to you, but the rest of your memory is blank.

You can see land off in the direction the current is taking you. Or you realize that if you were out at sea or in a lake the current this far out would move you towards land.

You gain a swim speed = 1/2 base land speed.

Eloel
2015-03-15, 04:35 PM
My head, it hurts. Arthur sees that he's floating towards land. Finally as he eagerly awaits getting close to the land.

Spot: [roll0]

Deadlykire
2015-03-15, 08:10 PM
The land is extremely far off and the current is moving you there slowly. At this rate it could take days.

Eloel
2015-03-15, 08:59 PM
At 2 miles per hour (20ft swim speed), Arthur swims towards the shore.

Deadlykire
2015-03-15, 09:38 PM
It doesn't take you long to reach the shore. The current moving with you helping things almost not at all. You reach shore in just about 2 hours.

Did you take/investigate the object you were floating on or just swim solo?

Eloel
2015-03-16, 03:42 PM
Arthur takes a deep breath as he sets foot on the shore. He takes a look around, trying to get his bearings back, possibly find some food.

ooc: I was hoping to paddle with my arms on the object for safer travel? Is it not a log?

I also hope to find my items soon, did they wash ashore? :smallbiggrin:

Spot: [roll0]

Deadlykire
2015-03-16, 07:30 PM
Just double checking. I don't like to make assumptions.

As you reach the shore you discover the log like object is actually a crate of some kind. The top seems to be sealed on, though there are no nails. You could probably pry it apart by hand. The shore is sandy, though it quickly turns into a wide open field of grass. You can clearly see where the tide reaches as grass starts growing wildly just beyond it. There are scattered trees off in the distance, never more than a grouping of 2 or 3. There are a few rocks scattered up on the beach, possibly deposited by the tides. Your eyes aren't able to find any food in the immediate vicinity. Perhaps further in?

In the box you find a backpack, 10d of rations, and a waterskin.

Eloel
2015-03-17, 01:29 PM
Arthur ventures to near the trees, hoping to find some lodging. He'll be quiet while doing that to avoid getting unnecessary attention, and will be keeping his eyes and ears open for any activity in the vicinity.

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]
Move Silently
[roll2]

Deadlykire
2015-03-17, 03:03 PM
As you approach the trees you begin to realize they are a good distance off. You estimate it'll take you 1hr if not more to reach them traveling at full speed.. You move silently as you travel. The grass makes most of the efforts easy, but hiding in an open field proves as difficult as it sounds. It does slow your pace a bit. You can hear animals in the grass as you move, their keen senses able to detect you. They seem to scurry off in fear of you. As you draw closer to the trees you can clearly see some birds fluttering about. Occasionally they call out to one another but they are normally silent. Drawing close to the trees proves to be quite inspiring, there are only 5 it turns out, but you can see other groups off in the distance. The shortest tree is at least 30, more likely 40, feet tall. The others are taller ranging between 50'-60'. You can probably jump and grab a hold of the lowest hanging branches of the shortest tree. The others have branches too far off the ground to do so without climbing up the trunks. One of the trees seems to be bearing fruit of some sort.

The shortest (DC 5 jump and 5 climb) reveals little new knowledge of the surrounding area. The exception of course being there is grass as far as you can see from this vantage point. And the landscape is constantly dotted with small groups of trees such as this. Some seem to have undergrowth of some sort while others do not. The trees to the north typically having it. The closest cluster of trees to the south and west also has undergrowth, but the others to the south seem to just be trees.

Climbing the largest trees gives you far more information. You soon realize that you are almost surrounded by sea. Looking North and East you see water. Looking West and South you see nothing but land. Straining your eyes it almost seems like the land ends in the South, but at that distance it could simply be a shadow. For sure though the colors are darker. To the west though things stay constant.

I moved you all the way to the tree line given your post. I'm also assuming you left the box behind where you were without opening it.

Eloel
2015-03-17, 03:37 PM
I moved you all the way to the tree line given your post. I'm also assuming you left the box behind where you were without opening it.

I assumed I opened it by your last post. I'm obviously taking whatever is in it :smallsmile:

Seems I'm alone out here. Would better find some shelter.
mumbles Arthur, as he looks around. He figures he should go around a bit and see what the island has to offer. He goes to the northern forest.

Deadlykire
2015-03-17, 07:46 PM
Search checks to find things around. Survival to build a shelter. Survival to try and find/food water. If you've already identified a source of each a 10 lets you have food and water for a day. If you don't say you take an action, I assume you don't. I spoiler some possible actions I think you could take or information you might want. If you take them, read the spoiler. If not post what you do instead. I do this in the interest of keeping the game moving. So are you staying at the current trees trying to find supplies with which to build a shelter or moving on? Or are you finding materials and moving on?

Eloel
2015-03-21, 12:32 AM
I'm pretty content with not having a shelter for now, bedroll and the box should cover those, and I have 10 days worth of rations which should be plenty. Where is the box currently, direction-wise?

I walk towards the northern forest, still keeping an eye and an ear on whatever there might be around me.

Arthur whistles a wacky tune that he barely remembers as he walks towards the northern forest, where he hopes to find some company.

Deadlykire
2015-03-26, 11:08 AM
You continue to wander North into the woods. Having taken the supplies from it, you leave the crate to the south on the beach where you came ashore.