PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder The Conjurer's Brother, Build Advice Needed Plz!

Hazrond
2015-03-15, 03:37 PM
So i am going to be playing in an interesting gestalt game soon, basic premise is that you are all wizards, pick one class to be the other half of your gestalt. Now, this was wonderful because it lets me play a concept i have been wanting to do for a while. A Spirit binder Wizard who summons powerful monsters for his dead brother to possess and live through via Conjuration School Familiar. So first idea for this was Master Summoner on the other side of the gestalt and use the eidolon as a power limiter (GM is wary of mass summoning). The GM expressed concern that if i "didn't use half my kit" i would be useless and so now i have come here to ask. How can i summon the strongest creatures possible with these 4 feats locked in.

1st School Familiar
3rd Summon Good Monster
5th Greater School Familiar
7th Improved Familiar

for more info, read the spoilers below
The wizard half of the gestalt uses the primary stat of the other class instead of Int for most uses (Dex or STR for a fighter, STR or Con for a barbarian, etc.) the wizard half of the gestalt gets 4 extra bonus feats on top of normal bonus feats Will be updated as more houserules are announced...
Synthesist Summoner (Claims he will never leave his bodysuit) will be updated as others lock in their concepts...

Any advice on building a powerful monster summoner is appreciated, i can possibly swap out Summon Good Monster for Summon Neutral Monster, but other than that those feats are locked in. So any advice on what class would be better than a handicapped (i won't be flooding monsters unless the party is in danger of TPK) Master Summoner or how i should progress from 9th level onwards is greatly appreciated.

Hazrond
2015-03-15, 05:12 PM
Bumpity bump bump

Hazrond
2015-03-15, 07:41 PM
Come on, doesn't anybody have any ideas or advice?

Hazrond
2015-03-15, 11:56 PM
nothing? can anyone help?

FocusWolf413
2015-03-16, 12:08 AM
There isn't much advice to give. Your game is FUBAR.

Druid?

Hazrond
2015-03-16, 07:48 AM
There isn't much advice to give. Your game is FUBAR.

Druid?

Fubar? What does that mean?

snailgosh
2015-03-16, 09:00 AM
"f*cked up beyond all recognition" I guess

Psyren
2015-03-16, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I won't be quite as abrupt as the others have been, but there isn't a lot to add here, sorry to say. Master Summoner gestalt is bad enough - people's eyes tend to glaze over just at that - but the fact that you can have Con- or Dex-based wizards on top of that nukes it all even further. I assume the Synthesist will be the Transmuter since you're the conjurer?

Suggestion-wise... You could literally take Toughness for all the rest of your feats and still demolish just about anything even close to your CR, and that's by yourself - the rest of the party isn't even locked in yet. I don't know what your GM is planning to throw at you, but might as well throw in Sacred Geometry and watch all possible challenge short of mythic monsters get vaporized before initiative is even rolled, I guess? :smalltongue:

snailgosh
2015-03-16, 09:27 AM
I guess I would play http://1d4chan.org/images/e/e4/Muscle_wizard.jpg

Hazrond
2015-03-16, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I won't be quite as abrupt as the others have been, but there isn't a lot to add here, sorry to say. Master Summoner gestalt is bad enough - people's eyes tend to glaze over just at that - but the fact that you can have Con- or Dex-based wizards on top of that nukes it all even further. I assume the Synthesist will be the Transmuter since you're the conjurer?

Suggestion-wise... You could literally take Toughness for all the rest of your feats and still demolish just about anything even close to your CR, and that's by yourself - the rest of the party isn't even locked in yet. I don't know what your GM is planning to throw at you, but might as well throw in Sacred Geometry and watch all possible challenge short of mythic monsters get vaporized before initiative is even rolled, I guess? :smalltongue:
Master summoner was my first idea, if you know a better way I would love to hear it, I just want to summon the biggest nastiest beasties I can