PDA

View Full Version : Help with some Sahuagin

Blackhawk748
2015-03-15, 04:01 PM
So while playing DDO for the first time in a looong time, i was reminded about how cool Sahuagin are, however, i cant seem to find any info on them past whats in the MM. So im gonna do what i usually do in this situation. Im gonna ask the playground! :smallbiggrin:

So does anyone know of any other stat blocks for Sahuagin. IE Priestesses, Chieftans etc. Could i be lucky enough that Afroakuma did a racial write up of them like he did for goblins? (would be totally awesome if it was true) Hell any quests that prominently feature Sahuagin could be helpful. I just wanna use cool shark people and have them be more than "Orcs that swim"

Karl Aegis
2015-03-15, 05:02 PM
They've already won at everything. They own 3/4 of the surface of the world. What they don't own is generally considered crap. Their only real enemies are a splinter faction, called Malenti, who enslaved the aquatic elves they look like and use the elves as beasts of burden because they are so much better than the elves. They have more cities that are more productive than any other race and can generally kick the crap out of every other race. The only reason they don't own the entire world is because the Great Mothers have a deep-seated notion that the land-dwellers have some hidden army that their Deep Seers can't find. Which is odd, because, being the most talented wizards in the world, the Deep Seers don't really have anything better to do than scry on stuff and tell other sahuagin where cool bling is.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-15, 05:24 PM
They've already won at everything. They own 3/4 of the surface of the world. What they don't own is generally considered crap. Their only real enemies are a splinter faction, called Malenti, who enslaved the aquatic elves they look like and use the elves as beasts of burden because they are so much better than the elves. They have more cities that are more productive than any other race and can generally kick the crap out of every other race. The only reason they don't own the entire world is because the Great Mothers have a deep-seated notion that the land-dwellers have some hidden army that their Deep Seers can't find. Which is odd, because, being the most talented wizards in the world, the Deep Seers don't really have anything better to do than scry on stuff and tell other sahuagin where cool bling is.

Well....Ive never heard this before. Where is this from?

atemu1234
2015-03-15, 07:37 PM

Sounds similar to Dragonlance to me.

Mr. Bitter
2015-03-15, 09:13 PM

It sounds an awful lot like the writeup from Frank Trollman. Search for Sahuagin in here. (http://awesometome.googlecode.com/files/Tome0.7rev139.pdf)

DrMotives
2015-03-15, 09:22 PM
There was a 2e sourcebook all about them, "The Sea Devils" by Skip Williams. It was part of a 3-book series with the others about beholders & mindflayers, but most of those books got put into Lords of Madness. Probably not worth $13 from Amazon for something that you only use the fluff from though, unless you're really really into them. But the details about anatomy, culture, etc is at least as detailed as Lords of Madness is about it's main chapters.

Bullet06320
2015-03-16, 12:12 AM
Sounds similar to Dragonlance to me.

Forgotten Realms actually, Threat from the Sea novel trilogy plus the Anthology of short stories, one of which details the malenti, which are a throwback to the sahuagian creation from aquatic elves

Tvtyrant
2015-03-16, 12:31 AM
You should check the fifth post of this thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?104435-(3-5e)-Sahuagins!