PDA

View Full Version : Unnusual Armor

bootzin
2015-03-15, 07:47 PM
Hou much would an armor piece costs more for a large monstrous humanoid to buy? I mean, I've seen on hypertext d20 that it would cost twice as much for being large, and twice again for being a monstrous humanoid (Not human in shape at all). But is there any real source of this? Any book that says it costs more?

holywhippet
2015-03-15, 07:53 PM
Everything on the SRD comes from the players handbook, dungeon masters guide and unearthed arcana. Although not all information from these books is on the SRD. That particular table is from the PHB.

DrMotives
2015-03-15, 07:55 PM
The source for this is the player's handbook, which states (in the armor section of the equipment chapter) that large humanoid's armor costs twice as much, and weighs twice as much. If it was for a non-humanoid (not monstrous humanoid type, but a body plan that isn't 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, no wings) then the cost is 4x with 2x weight at large size.

sideswipe
2015-03-15, 07:58 PM
The source for this is the player's handbook, which states (in the armor section of the equipment chapter) that large humanoid's armor costs twice as much, and weighs twice as much. If it was for a non-humanoid (not monstrous humanoid type, but a body plan that isn't 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, no wings) then the cost is 4x with 2x weight at large size.

as a note this cost includes cost for special materials too. but not masterwork or enchantments.

bjoern
2015-03-15, 07:59 PM
Wouldn't d&d math apply here? x2 and x2 combine to make x3.

DrMotives
2015-03-15, 08:15 PM

Not here, because there's a chart in the PH that lays it out clearly. It's not a list of iterative multiples.

Jeraa
2015-03-15, 08:45 PM
D&D math only applies to abstract concepts (such as damage). Real world numbers (such as weights, distances, and costs) use actual math. (PHB page 304)

atemu1234
2015-03-15, 08:48 PM
D&D math only applies to abstract concepts (such as damage). Real world numbers (such as weights, distances, and costs) use actual math.

I love this. I don't know why, but it makes me laugh.