PDA

View Full Version : Players want a BoEF adventure

gogogome
2015-03-16, 01:25 AM
I've mainly just been using premade adventure pdfs to run my games, and occasionally I create an original campaign.

My players now want me to DM an adventure that is centered around the BoEF.

So... does anyone know where i can get/buy premade adventures for BoEF?

If not, does anyone know how I can integrate the BoEF into the premade campaigns I have? I'm not really into this sort of thing so an algorithm-like advice would be nice. Sort of like a template. "To add BoEF to an adventure, apply the BoEF template to the campaign." or something like that.

A player agreed to play my encounters for me. He'll still be in the dark regarding the plot, but he'll be controlling the monsters instead of me because I really can't roleplay that stuff.

edit:corrected what I meant.

Grek
2015-03-16, 02:34 AM
Uh, don't. If you're not into it and think that running a campaign like that via algorithm, your players will probably not have a good time. It's really the sort of situation where everyone has to be really enthused about it and in agreement about what's going to happen, or things get awkward fast.

Crake
2015-03-16, 03:18 AM
What degree of depth do they want to include the BoEF to? The book itself has a few suggestions, using a rating system as described on page 7 of the book, ranging from G for flirty innocent play with zero sexual content to full on XXX explicit game where sex is the main subject of the game.

Do your players simply want to have the BoEF as an option, to be able to choose feats and PrC from the book, and potentially (though not necessarily) have sexual encounters with creatures (nymphs, succubi etc)? Or do they want the campaign to revolve around sexual encounters and activities?

If it's the former, than really, any module could be used, and just roleplay the NPCs appropriately, but if it's the latter, then you're going to have a bit more trouble with it. That's the point where you'll have to just start running things off the cuff, and things can get complicated.

Point is, ask your players exactly what they mean when they say they want to play an adventure that utilizes the BoEF

atemu1234
2015-03-16, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I don't think anyone wants absolute BoEF. I'm reminded of a quote from my last game (I actually recorded the session for posterity).

I like Book of Erotic Fantasy, because it allows me to reduce the glorious act of lovemaking down to a few simple dice rolls, with the amount of detail I am comfortable with.

Red Fel
2015-03-16, 09:49 AM
Yeah. Let's start from scratch - there's really only one kind of "campaign" that can be built primarily on BoEF, and you don't want to run it. Not even as a one-shot. BoEF is the sizzle, not the steak; at best, you're using it to explain, complement, or augment an existing campaign or session.

As for applying a BoEF template to an existing campaign? Let me put it this way. Have you ever gone to a Chinese restaurant, gotten fortune cookies, and played the "in bed" game? For those who don't know, that's the game where you go around the table, reading your fortune, then adding "in bed" to the end of the fortune, and chuckling at your juvenile humor. "You will achieve wealth and success... in bed." "Your happiness will overflow... in bed." "You are surrounded by people who love you... in bed."

That's basically the BoEF template. Take any existing campaign concept or module, and raunch it up a bit. "You must slay the dragon... and then you boink." "You must rescue the princess... and then you boink." "You must invade the Nine Hells... and then you boink."

I exaggerate, of course. Adding BoEF doesn't mean adding meaningless, random sex scenes into a campaign. As Atemu points out, what it enables you to do is to mechanically handle any naughty bits that arise (see what I did there?) during a session, with a few convenient mechanical rolls. It also provides a few interesting spells, classes, and abilities, so that if you decide to get into some seriously creepy stuff (or just explain Succubus ecology) you can.

But basing a campaign entirely around BoEF would be like basing a campaign entirely around Fortitude saves and Con checks, with the occasional Diplomacy or Cha check thrown in. BoEF provides mechanical solutions, not so much concepts for an overarching story.

sideswipe
2015-03-16, 10:45 AM
as said before template another campaign.

then change it to suit.

examples - any module that has a disease or plague is replaced with one of the STD's in the BoEF. and make it also force the infected to have heightened sexual activity.

change a few of the high priority NPC's to have the prestiges in the BoEF. the (i think its called metaphysical shaper or whatever i don't have my book right now) prestige reduces metamagic prices. and is a pretty damn good prestige as far as i remember.

have "duels" in the world be replaced with lovemaking competitions. same with gladiatorial arena fights, have them as public displays of.... well, there are feats for it.

change the gods of the setting to reward "correct" sexualisation dependent on the alignment (can provide a better idea through PM only this already feels borderline on the forum rules) and have it compulsory for a majority of religions.

this is obviously all off the top of my head, never thought about it before....

ellindsey
2015-03-16, 11:20 AM
Read the webcomic 'oglaf', and then use that for worldbuilding inspiration?

gogogome
2015-03-16, 12:10 PM
I'm not against the material in BoEF, I'm just not into it.

One of the players mentioned that a fallen cherub has an arrow of perversion where if it succeeds, it geases the target to perform some sort of perverted act, and that got everyone excited to the point where they wanted a campaign where every encounter (both in combat and out of combat) is something like that.

The "template" I designed right now is:
1. Change spellcaster's spells to prepare/know mostly BoEF spells.
2. Death or defeat results in jail and an escape attempt
3. Change most prestige classes to have the BoEF classes.
4. Random encounters will have the BoEF random encounters.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-16, 12:26 PM
Whoa, that's a lot of changes. It sounds like this campaign isn't just going to "utilize" the BoEF -- it's actually going to be centered around it!

I would've gone with just throwing in a Wand of Disrobe as part of the loot or something.

gogogome
2015-03-16, 12:27 PM
Whoa, that's a lot of changes. It sounds like this campaign isn't just going to "utilize" the BoEF -- it's actually going to be centered around it!

I would've gone with just throwing in a Wand of Disrobe as part of the loot or something.

You're right, they want one centered around it. I'll change the first post to correct that.

Falcon X
2015-03-16, 04:31 PM
I once made a character that made liberal use of the Fiendish Seed spell. He started a cult, and impregnated as many people as possible with it. Neat villain idea.

HammeredWharf
2015-03-16, 06:42 PM
I'd go full camp. Like a quest for the mighty epic flail called the Balls of Bahamut that gives its wielder the ability to cast the mysterious Exalted Orgy spell, but is also being hunted by a horde of catgirls from a secret division of the Church of Sharess. The BoEF is too weird to be used in a serious campaign.

Vhaidara
2015-03-16, 07:14 PM
I recommend a character I've heard about that my uncle apparently ran in college.

The Great Warrior Gonad, with his mighty sword Phallus, a magical dagger that grows to a greatsword in combat. Upon scoring a critical hit, it begins shooting white goop everywhere.

Yeah.

bjoern
2015-03-16, 09:30 PM
I'd go full camp. Like a quest for the mighty epic flail called the Balls of Bahamut that gives its wielder the ability to cast the mysterious Exalted Orgy spell, but is also being hunted by a horde of catgirls from a secret division of the Church of Sharess. The BoEF is too weird to be used in a serious campaign.

The beer is coming out my nose.....the burn.

dantiesilva
2015-03-16, 10:10 PM
My friend used it in a game. She played a halfling bard/ battle dancer captured by fire giants....it created the giantborn halfling.

Like others said it's good for a few monsters and classes. The book itself can get a bit weird, and I have played a leture priest who slept with everything he came in contact with.

Nymph
Human
Half elf
That shape shifting spider thing (arinea?)
Succubuses
Almost an elf
Almost them shark things, sharigin?
Drow

If you are not comfortable with it don't touch it with a 10ft pole. If you okay with stuff fading out its okay.

atemu1234
2015-03-16, 10:26 PM
My friend used it in a game. She played a halfling bard/ battle dancer captured by fire giants....it created the giantborn halfling.

Like others said it's good for a few monsters and classes. The book itself can get a bit weird, and I have played a leture priest who slept with everything he came in contact with.

Nymph
Human
Half elf
That shape shifting spider thing (arinea?)
Succubuses
Almost an elf
Almost them shark things, sharigin?
Drow

If you are not comfortable with it don't touch it with a 10ft pole. If you okay with stuff fading out its okay.

Better than some of my players.

gogogome
2015-03-17, 01:24 AM
I am ok with it, I just want one or two premade adventures of it, or way to make a premade adventure center around it without changing too much.

Bullet06320
2015-03-17, 05:01 AM
change a few of the high priority NPC's to have the prestiges in the BoEF. the (i think its called metaphysical shaper or whatever i don't have my book right now) prestige reduces metamagic prices. and is a pretty damn good prestige as far as i remember.

metaphysical spellshaper, basically a 3 level incantrix prc, definintly one of gems of that book, ive gotten some mileage out of that one

BoEF is also good for spicing up Sune Firehair and her clergy in the Forgotten realms, as well as other similar dieties.

Yael
2015-03-17, 05:23 AM
Here's a guide to BoEF that I tend to run the most.

Step 1. Don't LARP.
Step 2. Don't convince your players/DM to LARP.
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit.

animewatcha
2015-03-17, 06:09 AM

Behold the dragonballs. Collect 7 to make a wish.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-17, 06:58 AM
Here's a guide to BoEF that I tend to run the most.

Step 1. Don't LARP.
Step 2. Don't convince your players/DM to LARP.
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit.

I think following this advice would depend entirely upon the players in your group. If the general hygiene level is hovering somewhere between Games Day 40k tournament and wino, then yes, by all means don't LARP.

However, there have been some coed college groups I might've been tempted to ask, "no, I'm still not sure what you mean -- could you please demonstrate...on Carrie?"

HammeredWharf
2015-03-17, 07:31 AM
I am ok with it, I just want one or two premade adventures of it, or way to make a premade adventure center around it without changing too much.

I don't think there are any premades specifically for it. It has a number of adventure ideas, however. It's a very fluff-focused book, so you can't simply jam its contents in an adventure and be done. You'll have to create your own campaign.

Vhaidara
2015-03-17, 07:37 AM
I'm suddenly going through Paizo Adventure Path titles and placing an emphasis on one word to turn them into really scary innuendos.
Rise of the Runelords
Serpent's Skull
Mummy's Mask
Kingmaker (think about it)

I'm not sure how messed up it is that this is so easy...

Garktz
2015-03-17, 07:48 AM
Group of sucubbis? (english not my natural language) are spreading a new unkonwn std that eventually turns creaturs affected by it into some kind of demon.
Find out a cult (levels 1-3)
Infiltrate the cult (leves 4-6)
Gain ranks inside cult (leves 6-10)
Find out the reasons behix this new desease (levels 10-14)
stop demon lord and his lovers/bodyguards from infesting material realm trhough sex and new std (levels 10-16)

I would elaborate some more, but, out of imagination right now, but hey, thats a campaing idea centered on sex, stds, pregnancy and if you.ll like more twisted fetish scenes as you find higher ranks in the cult.
Possible to force pc.s engage in weird situatios in order to keep their cover (i know there is a template for undead-ish creatures that are born from undead and living mating, you could go there if you want to freak your pc.s....
Have male pc mate with a zombie, that zombie is his mother.
Have female pc get pregnant from a weird ritual where she had this dream where all her fantasies were acomplished, but the truth is, she was possessed by a ghost.
Dunno dude, i could actually be interesting if pcs are mature enought

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-17, 10:01 AM
The Great Warrior Gonad, with his mighty sword Phallus, a magical dagger that grows to a greatsword in combat. Upon scoring a critical hit, it begins shooting white goop everywhere.
LG has officially deemed this thread unholy! I now advise everyone take a bath in holy water.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-03-17, 10:52 AM
Start using the BoEF classes. Imagist is decently strong and the only way to get a cohort when I DM (I sub just appearance for Cha, but since you are using BoEF you can just have your players use appearance).

My biggest use for BoEF is just opening options. Ex: need to get an item from a dragon? Seducing it is now an option.