PDA

View Full Version : Improving Grapple

bootzin
2015-03-16, 04:57 AM
Hey Guys!
So, I've been wanting to get my grapple modifier to be as high as possible. The idea is to beat the grapple modifier of some monsters, more specifically, the tarrasque's (+81)

My character has a strength of 26 (+8 modifier), just so that you know.

I'd like to know more permanent boosts than temporary ones.

So, here is a list of what I've got until now:

- Improved Grapple (+4)
- Size modifiers (I'm starting large, so I guess I'm able to go up to gargantuan with a psionic item of augmented expansion, anything better here?)
- Sword and Fist rule for additional arms, which says that every pair of arms gives you +4 (I have 8 arms total, 10 with girallions blessing made permanent, so that's +16)
- Items to increase STR, giving me a total of +16 from inherent, competence and level bonuses, granting +8 modifier.
- Full BAB, as it counts on a grapple check

So, the total sum until now is:
20 (BAB) + 16 (STR) + 4 (Imp. Grap.) + 12 (Size) + 16 (Extra Limbs) = 68

Anything else you can think of? Items, grafts, 3.0 stuff, anything is acceptable (:

sideswipe
2015-03-16, 06:13 AM
obligatory reading (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=585.0)

items of spells that would allow 1/day colossal would be great. you will beat enough with your grapple naturally and just need that boost against the big boys. make it 3/day to be sure.

the rest you can just dissect the handbook.

Necroticplague
2015-03-16, 06:29 AM
Grappling Tentacle graft has +4 STR and +4 to grapple checks (essentially, +6 to grapple). Giant Squid (and thus their resulting Anthro creatures) have+4 racial to grapple you seem to have forgotten to add. Open Chakra (Arms) feat gives +2 to grapple, and binding the Kraken Mantle to your arms gives you +1 to grapple per essentia invested. Shaping girallon arms gives a +2 competence to grapple, and each essentia invested gives a +2 increase to said bonus.

atemu1234
2015-03-16, 07:19 AM
Note, however, that if your character is Medium, due to being so much smaller than the tarrasque, he auto-fails grapple checks.