PDA

View Full Version : Who trust Shojo? [spoilers or SPAM, you decide]

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-10, 02:04 PM
Shojo was a cunning old guy. How can we really trust what he says in (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0272.html) the crayons of time? Redcloak has already said that the Paladins haven't been told the whole story (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0371.html). Redcloak has never been particularly scheming and deceptive. He knows that he's an evil goblin, he doesn't have any reason to lie to Miko.

Xykon is obviously evil, but does that make Shojo good just for opposing him? The guy is much more manipulative than Xykon.

Hazkali
2007-04-10, 02:14 PM
There is a small possibility, but overall I think the Crayons of Time was mostly exposition. I think it was the Giant's way of telling us the creation story of his world and introducing a big plot hook. All fantasy has to have the inevitable exposition about how things work in the world; the Giant just happened to do it with crayons.

Good for him.

InaVegt
2007-04-10, 02:25 PM
But how can we know RC isn't really scheming and deceptive, I think he, the bearer of the crimson mantle, is the one trying to bring apocalypse by Snarl to the stickyverse.

And, this might belong in the OotS section.

Gaelbert
2007-04-11, 12:25 AM
Its sad when a thog option is the most popular. I voted for it, but still, it isn't even part of the real question.

Demented
2007-04-11, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't say it's stupid to say that he lied... even the remotest of possibilities is still a possibility. I would also say that, while Shojo has lied about a lot of things, it doesn't seem that he lied about anything in the Crayons of Time. He may not know the full truth, but it doesn't mean he intentionally lied.

Also, we know from Xykon's possession of Serini's journal that Shojo at least has the characters in the story correct.

K2
2007-04-11, 01:41 AM
Shojo is the second coolest character in the series, and probably the most effective leader.

Bag_of_Holding
2007-04-11, 01:55 AM
I'd say it has a small possibility. It depend on how you define lying, but if you simply put it as "misleading", then I'd say "Of course". It would be very unwise of Shojo to tell everything to a total stranger. No, Shojo's just too cool to do that.

Pronounceable
2007-04-11, 04:37 AM
Of course he was lying. What wasn't specified in the poll is about.

factotum
2007-04-11, 07:28 AM
I'd be more inclined to suspect him of being economical with the truth--e.g. everything he told them was verifiably true, but he missed out certain important details that he felt were on a need-to-know basis.