PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Building Succubus Bard :)

Ethiriell
2015-03-16, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone :D Ethiriell the Noob again asking for your assistance :P

Sadly Oogg ( my crazy fighter/barbarian/magus/pain taster . you can see in other posts :P ) died, so I am building a new character :P

Being an awesomely charismatic kissass I managed to get our Dm to allow me to play succubus bard :D
However, bard is going to be of level 1, while i am using stats of succubus from this link :
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/succubus Basically considering that my party killed my character, I'm going to play trickster with them, and use change self thiingy to conceal my identity, as well in combination with undetectable alignment.

I have 4 feats to choose from and 22k gold to spend on weapons/armor. (basically i can change my skill points to reassign them differently as well as feats, i mean different from the monster template)
It can be even just 1 OP item, or something but I have no idea how to use it properly :D

My character sheet is a bit messy still but here it is https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzzmY4hZcclIcGJvb00wNFBfQ3M/view?usp=sharing

Taking all suggestions into consideration :D
I played bards only in one shots, and it was tons of fun, but if you have any ideas i'll gladly take them :D Any combo/variation of sort/idea how to have even more fun is welcome :D
I took unnatural lust just so i can put people in love with stuff around us, and watch them caress its surface :D But there might be something more fun, so feel free to recommend :D Thank you for your help! :D I'll be sure to draw each of her transformations as well :P

Oh yeah, P.S. I don't get Jaunt and Teleport, because that would kinda ruin gameplay ( at least not yet)
And p.s.s or p.p.s ? XD not sure :D SHE DOESN'T HAVE A NAME :D IDEAS :D ?

dantiesilva
2015-03-16, 10:16 PM
Name Lilith, and I believe there is a homebrew class of a succubus on the forms that works really well. And well you can actually use without losing everything cool from being one. My friend was a succubus 5 bard 2 I think. Gave +2 cha each level and bard casting or something similar as well as slowly gaining all things a succubus has including teleport which is not broken as they can't teleport others with them.

Ethiriell
2015-03-17, 03:03 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3em24T2jq9beUxqQzZPYm9oajA/edit
yeah there is this, but I am not that concerned with that part, I actually kinda need to pick out how I'll fight :D Which i have no idea really. I mean as level 1 bard I can't do much to help them at first, so I should be able to dish out some dmg, just I have no idea what to pick of feats/weapons xD I mean 22k is fairly big amount of gold :D
Hmm Lilith, I like the name, reminds me of few anime characters I've seen :P

atemu1234
2015-03-17, 07:18 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3em24T2jq9beUxqQzZPYm9oajA/edit
yeah there is this, but I am not that concerned with that part, I actually kinda need to pick out how I'll fight :D Which i have no idea really. I mean as level 1 bard I can't do much to help them at first, so I should be able to dish out some dmg, just I have no idea what to pick of feats/weapons xD I mean 22k is fairly big amount of gold :D
Hmm Lilith, I like the name, reminds me of few anime characters I've seen :P

With the gold, buy a masterwork instrument, definitely. Then, you also want to own some sort of weapon (some variety of whip that isn't under-powered for... reasons). Then apply good properties to that weapon. You'll also want armor. Then apply properties to that.

WeaselGuy
2015-03-17, 07:21 AM
Try Snowflake Wardance.

Snowflake Wardance

( Frostburn, p. 50)

[General]

You have mastered the snowflake wardance, a mystical style of fighting with slashing weapons that allows you to leap and almost seem to float haphazardly across the battlefield like a whirling, razor-edged snowflake.

Prerequisite
Perform (dance) 6 ranks, Bardic music ability

Benefit
By expending one of your daily uses of bardic music, you may perform a deadly style of combat known as the snowflake wardance. Activating a snowflake wardance is a free action, and once activated, you add your Charisma modifier to your attack rolls with any slashing melee weapon you wield in one hand. This bonus to hit stacks with any bonuses you get from a high Strength score (or Dexterity score, if you are using Weapon Finesse). You cannot use this feat if you are carrying a shield, wearing medium or heavy armor, or carrying a medium or heavy load. A snowflake wardance lasts for a number of rounds equal to your ranks in Perform (dance). Performing a snowflake wardance is physically tiresome – when the snowflake wardance ends, you become fatigued for the next 10 minutes.

Arbane
2015-03-17, 01:29 PM
For a name, how about Helen? ("Death to cities, death to ships, death to men.")

Are you planning on being helpful to the rest of the party, or is this going to be PvP?

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-17, 03:41 PM
Please take note of the Succubus in the Savage Species/Fiend Folio that has level progression and full spellcasting progression with insane CHA and skills.

I am playing a boss that is infuriating my group myself, but as a Sorc. I am using this
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1104.0

I also tacked on Creature of lust from Nymphology, magic blooded, and unseelie fey granting me enough manipulative power to overcome any situation.

All that aside, if you play a bard you have a hard choice. choose one to be the best you can be is my advice
-A focus on buffing the part: There are all kinds of threads with optimized inspire courage builds that allow you massive +hit and damage bonuses to you and your party. Due to the low preform req, you can focus on spellcasting too if you take the feat for it.
-A focus on spellcasting: You have a few PRC's to look through, but effectively you can either have lots of bard spells and use bardic music to empower meta magic for your bard spells, 9th level spells as per wiz tacked on, or you could even take 3 levels in Incantrix to persist your incredibly powerful bardic buffs.
-A focus on songs: There are very few PRCs that give song progression, and of those, you loose out on something else, but a focus on songs gives you very powerful options later in the game, and access to some dam nice epic feats as well.

Arbane
2015-03-17, 07:19 PM
A random thought: If you want to screw with the other players' heads (and if you don't, why are you playing a succubus bard?), pretend to be a vampire. Stay shapeshifted as a Dhampire, spam Vampiric Touch and call it 'energy drain', and avoid sunlight. And occasionally drink some chump's blood, just for the fun of it. See how long it takes for anyone to figure it out. Have a minion you can disguise yourself as for when you need to get stuff done in the daytime.

Actually, have a LOT of minions. Between Dominate. Charm Monster, Suggestion, Profane Gift, and Diplomacy, there's no reason for you not to have an entourage of disposable meatshields at all times.

With your money, I'd grab a stat-item for +2 Charisma first. +1 DC on all your enemies' saves.

Ethiriell
2015-03-19, 03:20 PM
Yeah Atemu I will probably buy masterwork instrument, haven't decided which one yet tho :P
Whips yeah.. tons of them probably :D but i was thinking of utilizing the Snowflake Wardance that Weaselguy told me about, only thing is that GM told me I can use that one only if I spend 1 round of performance as well for each round of that :P
Which is fair i believe otherwise imbalanced a bit :)
On part of helpful Arbane.. I am not sure really. Don't have a sense of party yet, since they are all pretty new to me :D
I have such a bad pokerface so they'll probably know what I want to do, especially older members, but I'll use my kiddish smile in combination with cleavage to assure that my secret stays hidden if someone figures out that I'm succubus :P

CrimsonDawn i like that minmax board link you gave me, however GM doesn't approve, he prefers this template that was already given, since its less work, and as of part of choice... Why not everything :D ?
I have no clue what I should do, I'll just work it out along the way, I'll just stay and watch to get into the party, then I'll give my GM complete sheet :)

Arbane, that last post.. is just beautiful :D
I think I just might do that. It sounds awesome :D
I was actually thinking of getting leadership feat for acquiring minions, so this is just an add to all I've thought, but dhampire idea.,.. Splendid ! (dances around happily)
Yeah, that 4k gold for headband for +2 is cheap enough to acquire and i'll upgrade it later if i save money instead of spending it on stupid stuff like I usually do :D

Thank you, this really helps a lot :D
I'll think about it more, and after 2 sessions I'll start drawing her :)
Also that Lilitu suggestion becomes pretty possible, I just need to wait for levelup to get cleric level :D
CR17 tho.. xD not sure if i'll get it :D

As for name, Idk I like those, but I like name to be either something ultra fun or simple :D
I love falalalal names like Ethiriel, with multiple meanings and ways to pronounce it xD
Ethiriel elvish, then ethereal etc xD Or short ones like Rin, Gin :)

Lilith is OP, but makes me sad when I think about it, reminds me on anime I've seen.
But then I remembered other anime as well. Fino <3 as Fino Bloodstone from Yuushibu :D
What ya think ? XD