PDA

View Full Version : I don't often endorse web comic series

Reddish Mage
2015-03-16, 08:41 PM
But when I do they usually involve D&D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quHBGZsqugI

Seriously, this is one extremely funny comedy, and I hope to see more of them. Whose with me? Whose against me?

Whose overthinking this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVLtkCz2MKc

AtlanteanTroll
2015-03-17, 05:07 PM
Well, it's a pretty terrible web comic, being that it isn't a comic. But otherwise, it's decently funny so far.

EDIT: Although it also seems oddly familiar right now.

Reddish Mage
2015-03-18, 09:24 PM
Eh, wish I could edit that. Seriously though, I really like this one.

AtlanteanTroll
2015-03-18, 09:43 PM
It was pretty good. Though judging on it's Indiegogo campaign... I wonder how much more we'll get. (Though asking for $20,000 seemed excessive, IMO.)

Reddish Mage
2015-03-19, 07:25 AM
It was pretty good. Though judging on it's Indiegogo campaign... I wonder how much more we'll get. (Though asking for $20,000 seemed excessive, IMO.)

Really? What does production, editing, lighting, etc cost? I recall a friend telling me about the process of producing video for one of his web reviews and it took about two weeks and three people to put up a 5 minute review. He would spend a whole day shooting.

Unless you are really just derping through and do it all in a one take. No, seeing how stable the video is, with the multiple angles, the timely cuts, the sound effects, etc, they are doing a really good job with this.

AtlanteanTroll
2015-03-19, 03:02 PM
I suppose, but it still seems excessive, especially if episode 2 doesn't set a mark for typical length. Also, I guess I misread and thought they wanted $200,000, despite accurately saying in here they were seeking $20,000... :smallconfused:

JoshL
2015-03-19, 03:21 PM
There's a saying among film (and other creative) folk: Fast, Cheap or Good, pick two. $20k is not a lot and if they're good with it, it could go a long, long away. I know folks who have done feature-length films for less. I know people who have done short films for more.

On to the show (one of the creators posted it here a few weeks ago, if I recall), I'm enjoying it so far. It's off to a good start; not my favorite D&D/Fantasy webseries, but pretty solid so far. And I am of the opinion that there can't be too many of them!