PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed best bard spells for low spell levels and marshal auras??

animewatcha
2015-03-17, 12:38 AM
So got the list of things from campaign mentioned in previous thread. Unfortunately no mythic exemplar. Since this is multiclass penalty enforced. Build will have to be bard 10 marshal 10. Spellscale as race cannot change.

Spells levels for bard 10 are gonna be spell level 0 - 3. I'm looking to split between BFC and buff the party cause I am not gonna be here every session. DM had a list of sources allowed that needs to be sent to me but not archives or dragon magazine ( but yes to compendium ). I can see from a 'certain site that cannot be linked' Shock and Awe and grease for level one spells. What marshal/draconic auras are best for boosting party? planning on getting Motivate Int / Cha for first two minor auras.

First feats I plan on locking in till level 6 are dragontouched, draconic heritage, dragonfire inspiration. Also, what are good items to look for for supporting the party. I know of the marshal cape.

With a box
2015-03-17, 12:49 AM
So got the list of things from campaign mentioned in previous thread. Unfortunately no mythic exemplar. Since this is multiclass penalty enforced. Build will have to be bard 10 marshal 10. Spellscale as race cannot change.

Spells levels for bard 10 are gonna be spell level 0 - 3. I'm looking to split between BFC and buff the party cause I am not gonna be here every session. DM had a list of sources allowed that needs to be sent to me but not archives or dragon magazine ( but yes to compendium ). I can see from a 'certain site that cannot be linked' Shock and Awe and grease for level one spells. What marshal/draconic auras are best for boosting party? planning on getting Motivate Int / Cha for first two minor auras.

First feats I plan on locking in till level 6 are dragontouched, draconic heritage, dragonfire inspiration. Also, what are good items to look for for supporting the party. I know of the marshal cape.

Taking a prestige class does not incur the experience point penalties normally associated with multiclassing.
you can add Prcs without penalty.

Troacctid
2015-03-17, 12:57 AM
Since this is multiclass penalty enforced. Build will have to be bard 10 marshal 10.
My god that is terrible. Don't do it! Take a prestige class! Bard 3/Marshal 2/Prestige Class X.

What marshal/draconic auras are best for boosting party? planning on getting Motivate Int / Cha for first two minor auras.
Motivate Dexterity. Initiative bonuses are great. Huge initiative bonuses are even greater. For major auras, I like Resilient Troops. Saving throws are always going to be useful in pretty much every situation. You should pick up Draconic Aura as a feat instead of taking draconic auras as a Marshal, since that way you can have it on at the same time as another major aura.

animewatcha
2015-03-17, 03:00 AM
you can add Prcs without penalty.

I said it so that people wouldn't suggest marshal 1 bard 2 barbarian X etc. Also, classes that require 'years of training' like a cleric or paladin are a no-go after start without special reason. Most likely this means for certain prestige classes as well ( many will unlock, but alas too many available to remember/list until I get emailed the document of rules/etc. )

I do not have experience in the prestige class department optimize department. My original plan was to go Bard / marshal / Mythic Exemplar / Feat - Uncanny trickster. Unfortunately, mythic exemplar is a no. Same for the adaptation text for any of the prestige classes.