PDA

View Full Version : Mutineer's Werewolf

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Penguinator
2015-03-17, 12:06 PM
Mutineer's Werewolf:

Another perplexingly pleasant game from Poppa Penguinator

This game be all about pirates, ye scurvy landlubbers. Grog, rum, keelhauling, cannons, and swabbin' the deck. Arr.

When ye join the crew, feel free to pick yer own pirate-y name. I would prefer that ye did not take a name wi' "Cap'n" in it, as yer all aboard a single ship and ye can't all be the cap'n. Somethin' like "Bilgerat Jim" or "Filthy Pete" would be fine. Arr.

Make sure to read all the rules carefully. Arr.

Rules:
THIS IS A NO PM GAME! If you scurvy dogs arr caught sending PMs or sharing your personal QT, you will be swimmin' with the fishes post-haste. This includes quoting any QTs. Arr.

Each player will have their own personal QT, to send in night actions and ask questions. Arr.

Note that the idea is that QTs will be shared at the end of the game. If you don't wish for your QT to be shared, just let us know. Arr.

No making your own QTs and inviting people over. (Someone asked) Arr.

Each player will have night actions/abilities. As such, if you arr not using them, you may be thrown overboard, and someone else will take yer spot. Arr.

A high level of participation/discussion is required! If you arrn't posting, you may be fed to the sharks, and another lubber will be promoted. Arr.

Game ends when one side wipes out the other or when that becomes inevitable. Arr.

If there is no kill at night, the reason may or may not be revealed. It all depends on rule of amusement. :smalltongue: Arr.

Things that make this game different from your standard Penguinator game:

Roles arr revealed on death. Arr.

You arr free to edit posts. I will, however, discourage deletion of posts. Arr.

No lynch majority is required, and there is no minimum number to lynch. Arr.

Days and nights arr roughly 48 hours, rather than 72 and 48. Arr.

And as always, no exploiting loopholes. Arr.

Things that make this game different from most games in general:

~Every player has some type of power and role to play. There are no villagers, and everyone is expected to post. This is also in the rules. Arr.

~This game has many experimental aspects. Many of the roles are untested, and as such, I don't promise that it be balanced. Arr.

~I am finalizing roles used for the game based on how many players come, rather than looking for a certain number. Again, this could lead to some balance problems. Likely, there won't be any problems, but I like to give fair warning. Arr.

~I have not yet decided whether wolves will be blind. Arr.

~Again, no PMs. Arr.

~Posting at night is not permissible, and doing so may get ye shot. Arr.

~If I have received all night actions, I may cut off the night early. Arr.

~Ramsus' Scry Interference rules will be in effect. An accurate (Seer, Devil, etc.) scry which hits interference will be given a random result. An inaccurate (Fool, etc.) scry which hits interference becomes accurate. Note that if a role is given as a scry result, that role does exist in the game. (Ex. You will not receive a scry result of "Voider" if there is no Voider role in the game)

Roles:
Because the game is based on who comes and not a set number, I won't have a set roles list until the game begins. In the spirit of my normal games, I won't release a full list anyway, as that would ruin the spirit of many of the experimental roles. Arr.

If there is anything I think the players need to know, that role will be mentioned once the game starrts.

Player List:

#
Players
Character
Killed
Role

Ramsus
Petal Dances Under the Moonlight
Sword to a Gunfight
Ninja(?)

Duck999
Grey Beard
Old Age
Criminally Inane

Lex-Kat
Young Nameless Wench
Too many tool jokes
NOT a Wrench

Logic
Leatherbeard
Provoked a Cow
Hunter

BasketOfPuppies
Scurvy Dogs
Scurvy
Self-Fulfilling Prophecy

Zack
Zackbeard
Zack Attack
...What was his name, again?

Visor
Andre Duchamp
Not yet
Frenchman

bladescape
Sailor of Doubt
Did Anybody Actually See It Happen?
Wolf. Always.

Count Dingdong
Count Me-In
Time Overtook Him
Busy Fellow

Cuthalion
Wharfcow Benji
Too Much Dancing
Dead coo

firedaemon33
Ol' No Name
Fell Asleep Telling a Story
That One Guy

Tanar Aerdoth
Tim "Tables" Thomson
Blackjack Incident
Gambler

Fawkes
Jim Chumlegs
Bankrupt
Monopoly Man

sphazre
Pete One-Eye
Lost his Pete
Ashamed

Askthepizzaguy
Askthepirateguy
Smothered
Comfort Seaman

Zar Peter
Navigator Pete
Too Much to Drink
Drunken Sailor

Mrs. McGinty
Dirty Derek McGinty
The Rum Was Gone
Captain Jack Sparrow

Sprig
Squawky Jim
Stuffed and Eaten
Confused Seagull

Elemental
Leander the Incomprehensible
No One Understood Him
No-Tongue McGee

Xhosant
Tim Wok "the Plank"
Walked the Plank
Jokester

Emperor DemonKing
Jonathan "Trust Me" Swift
You'll See
Conman

Fleeing Coward
Bartolomeo "Chickenfoot" Paddles
Watched the World Burn
Heath Ledger

[TR]
Tom the Mime
Mime of Low Moral Fibre
Pantomimed a Shark Attack
Very Silly Candidate

banjo1985
Bigger Than Medium Dave But Not As Big As Big Dave Dave
Transcended Reality
Puppet

Legato Endless
"Endless" the Flogger
Went on Forever
Musician

And now...

Mutineer's Werewolf!

Arr!

Ramsus
2015-03-17, 01:31 PM
Yer table be broken there matey! So says Petal Dances Under the Moonlight.... Steve who is totally 100% guaranteed* not a ninja.
*this guarantee is void if you believe or disbelieve it and/or read/fail to read this message

Duck999
2015-03-17, 01:45 PM
Ye need a bracket, not a curly one. Arr.
Cheers fer unbalance, I will join ye as yer young matey Grey Beard. A scourge of the... uh... six was it? No, eight seas! Arr.

Lex-Kat
2015-03-17, 01:51 PM
I'll join. :smallsmile:

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the problem is that he's using the old table code. :smallfrown: I love the old table code. Want it back!! So uncomplicated.

#
Players
Character
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Duck999
Grey Beard

Lex-Kat
Young Nameless Wench

Penguinator
2015-03-17, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I copy/pasted and doctored the rules from Monty Werewolf, which brings us the old table code.

Thanks for fixing it, Lex-Kat. :smallsmile:

Ramsus
2015-03-17, 07:12 PM
Misread what you put in for Lex's character as Young Nameless Wrench. :smallamused:

Logic
2015-03-17, 07:15 PM
I'll be Leatherbeard, Dwarven inventor of the Prosthetic Beard!

BasketOfPuppies
2015-03-17, 09:17 PM
I'll be the Scurvy Dogs, ye loyal yet independent mutts.

I'm hoping that rehearsals still leave me with enough time to play. They should, but you can never be too cautious.

Lex-Kat
2015-03-17, 10:18 PM
Puppies!! *Hugs* :smallbiggrin:

Zack
2015-03-17, 10:34 PM
Captain Zackbeard (http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?142535-Pirate-Ship-Mafia-II-Concluded&p=2053489923&viewfull=1#post2053489923) will lead the town to glory once again!

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-18, 01:21 AM
I might join out of sheer protest that Pirate Ship Mafia III hasn't happened yet. It's a travesty that the universe is without such a game.

However, I'll merely subscribe for now and see if my free time opens up moar.

Zack
2015-03-18, 02:07 AM
I might join out of sheer protest that Pirate Ship Mafia III hasn't happened yet. It's a travesty that the universe is without such a game.

However, I'll merely subscribe for now and see if my free time opens up moar.
I hope there's a blunderbuss so I can kill you with it again. All in the name of pirate justice, of course.

Visor
2015-03-18, 02:22 AM
Andre Duchamp will have his ship back! Filthy anglo swine....

Zack
2015-03-18, 02:35 AM
Andre Duchamp will have his ship back! Filthy anglo swine....
And your lover too? Oh wait... :smallcool:

Visor
2015-03-18, 02:56 AM
And your lover too? Oh wait... :smallcool:

Your innards will be fish food you toothless ogre! (Why is there no swordfight smiley...)

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-18, 03:02 AM
I hope there's a blunderbuss so I can kill you with it again. All in the name of pirate justice, of course.

Just for this comment, you can't have any of my comfort seamen. :smallyuk:

...comfort seamen?

You know, fellow sailors with scratchy beards who reek of brine and sweat and dirt, who provide us with all the comforts of home, such as a warm body to cuddle with at night, as the waves toss us to and fro. We have needs, you know, and it's bad luck to have actual women on board, yarr. Any port in the storm, yarr.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-03-18, 09:29 PM
Puppies!! *Hugs* :smallbiggrin:

*Hugs*

*Wags tails*

Legato Endless
2015-03-19, 12:56 AM
Reserve for now.

bladescape
2015-03-21, 04:24 AM
Arrr, I hear ye be wanting some spirits matey.

Ye wanted whiskey and not the dead? Ye be regretting yer lack of clarity, landlubber. Learn ye speech 'afor I cut out ye tongue.

(Oh look. I'm in.)

(Also, what happened to the quick reply box? :smallconfused:)

EDIT: OH GOD NO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AVATAR. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*Quickly puts new avatar up*

Ramsus
2015-03-21, 04:48 AM
Bladescape! Nice to see you again. :smallsmile:

Count Dingdong
2015-03-21, 07:33 AM
...I know I said I'm not joining new games, but c'mon... It's a Pengi game. :smallbiggrin: Count me in!

Lex-Kat
2015-03-21, 12:02 PM
EDIT: OH GOD NO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AVATAR. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*Quickly puts new avatar up*

:smallconfused: What did happen to your avatar? How am I supposed to recognize you without a proper bladescape avvie? :smallfrown: *hugs*

bladescape
2015-03-21, 06:07 PM
:smallconfused: What did happen to your avatar? How am I supposed to recognize you without a proper bladescape avvie? :smallfrown: *hugs*

It appears something went wrong with the hosting site I was using, because it got deleted. ;_; And I don't have it on a file on my computer. I've no idea where I'd even look to get it again.

---

Hai Ramsus. ^^ Nice to see you again too.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-22, 02:23 AM
It appears something went wrong with the hosting site I was using, because it got deleted. ;_; And I don't have it on a file on my computer. I've no idea where I'd even look to get it again.

---

Hai Ramsus. ^^ Nice to see you again too.

Did you ever use that avatar on another forum, say, 2+2 when you got invited to a champions game?

You may have copied that avatar and hosted it elsewhere.

Cuthalion
2015-03-22, 10:25 AM
I'm in as "Wharfcow Benji".

bladescape
2015-03-22, 11:04 AM
Did you ever use that avatar on another forum, say, 2+2 when you got invited to a champions game?

You may have copied that avatar and hosted it elsewhere.

Unfortunately I only ever used it for Gitp. I'm pretty sure I have it on one of my old hard-drives but that's a lot of data to slug through so I'm putting it off.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-22, 01:11 PM
Just do an image search and try to think of the name you put for the picture.

Hell, just type in "blades" and see what happens. If it's not in the first 10 results, you have way, way too many naked pictures of yourself on your hard drive.

But at least now we know why they call it that. Rowr.

Lex-Kat
2015-03-22, 02:15 PM
Did you ever play a game of Playground Squares? It should be there, if you have. :smallsmile:

Actually no, that'd only work if I'd created a copy in my photobucket. :smallfrown:

Zack
2015-03-22, 02:22 PM
Your innards will be fish food you toothless ogre! (Why is there no swordfight smiley...)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/images/smilies/emoticons/sword.gif

Duck999
2015-03-22, 03:05 PM
I looked up blades cape on google and clicked images: I found these

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/Emotes/structuredbakery.png
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Motivational%20Posters/MurskaPoster-1.jpg

Ionbound
2015-03-22, 04:05 PM
Alright, count me in. I'll be Ol' No-Name.

Tris
2015-03-22, 04:53 PM
In as Tim "Tables" Thomson. No idea how he got that nickname.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-22, 05:22 PM
Alright, count me in. I'll be Ol' No-Name.

Good ol' No-Name.

He (or possibly she) once had a thick mane of a pretty specific color of hair, and probably a beard at least as long as a different beard I saw on someone else once. And he was quite the drinker, he would always be hanging around somewhere on the same ship where we keep the alcoholic beverages, imbibing a quantifiable amount, possibly in a serving-sized beverage holder of some sort. His stories were legendary, often containing a beginning, middle, and end, incorporating facts about his life, including his many year or years of being a sailor man or woman, and obviously, he would exaggerate the tale of how he may have lost an unspecified appendage to an animal/sea creature/rival pirate/stray cannonball/scurvy/being emo and cutting himself. And he was quite the famous lover, at every port, there would have been a certain amount of lovemaking of either the homosexual or heterosexual kind, giving him the reputation he always had, which was well-known for being an accurate description of the frequency of his coitus.

Truly, a man or woman who left a distinct impression on us all.

Fawkes
2015-03-22, 05:43 PM
It's been a while since I've done one of these. I'm in, as ol' Jim Chumlegs.

Also, question: what is a QT?

Duck999
2015-03-22, 05:45 PM
It's been a while since I've done one of these. I'm in, as ol' Jim Chumlegs.

Also, question: what is a QT?

There is this website at Quicktopic.com. We abbreviate quick topic to QT. Some narrators use it for all actions, most use it to keep the wolves in contact with each other. Same with the masons. It is basically a private chat room.

Zack
2015-03-22, 05:49 PM
It's not a chat room. It's more like a single forum thread.

To clarify, individual "topics" are created from quicktopic.com. Here (http://quicktopic.com/51/H/8scWuXjFu79u)'s an example topic.

Duck999
2015-03-22, 05:50 PM
It's not a chat room. It's more like a single forum thread.

-A private one: which is the most important part.
A narrator will PM links to them to players who need them

BasketOfPuppies
2015-03-22, 07:10 PM
Good ol' No-Name.

He (or possibly she) once had a thick mane of a pretty specific color of hair, and probably a beard at least as long as a different beard I saw on someone else once. And he was quite the drinker, he would always be hanging around somewhere on the same ship where we keep the alcoholic beverages, imbibing a quantifiable amount, possibly in a serving-sized beverage holder of some sort. His stories were legendary, often containing a beginning, middle, and end, incorporating facts about his life, including his many year or years of being a sailor man or woman, and obviously, he would exaggerate the tale of how he may have lost an unspecified appendage to an animal/sea creature/rival pirate/stray cannonball/scurvy/being emo and cutting himself. And he was quite the famous lover, at every port, there would have been a certain amount of lovemaking of either the homosexual or heterosexual kind, giving him the reputation he always had, which was well-known for being an accurate description of the frequency of his coitus.

Truly, a man or woman who left a distinct impression on us all.

I'll drink ta that!

sphazre
2015-03-24, 11:05 AM
I seem to have passed on in Battlestar. In as Pete One-eye.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-03-24, 09:30 PM
I seem to have passed on in Battlestar. In as Pete One-eye.

No! You never name yourself after a body part you absolutely CAN'T live without!

Logic
2015-03-24, 09:54 PM
No! You never name yourself after a body part you absolutely CAN'T live without!
You're completely right. I can't live without my Pete!

Penguinator
2015-03-25, 11:38 PM
Welp, we've got 14 players. On the one hand, that's twice as many as the last time I updated the opening post. On the other hand, that's kind of sad. They don't come 'round like they used to.

Probably finish recruitment Saturday, because honestly, I'm not going to be able to start before then.

Ramsus
2015-03-25, 11:48 PM
They really don't. :smallfrown:

Penguinator
2015-03-26, 12:00 AM
I made one addendum to the rules regarding scry interference.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-26, 12:20 AM
I predict I will be dead in another game before this one will interfere. As such, because it's Penguinator hosted, pirate themed, and you need peoples.

Put me on the crew manifest as Askthepirateguy.

Lex-Kat
2015-03-26, 12:25 AM
Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Tris
2015-03-26, 12:37 AM
I wonder why participation has fallen so much.

Zack
2015-03-26, 12:44 AM
I wonder why participation has fallen so much.
It happens. You should have seen CFC in 2014.

Ramsus
2015-03-26, 12:48 AM
*looks at new scrying rule* *smiles* Note: The line about randomly given roles being ones that exist is not always how I run that rule. (I mean, the roles probably exist in some game. Just not necessarily the one you're in. :smallamused: )

Lex-Kat
2015-03-26, 01:18 AM
It happens. You should have seen CFC in 2014.

It's basically been near-dead here since late 2012, early 2013. :smallfrown: The first half of 2012 was awesome, and then I fear we had a severe case of burn-out, without an equal amount of influx. I don't understand it, honestly. It sounds like it's happening all over. And I'd hate to think we are one of the few who died, while there are others that are still flourishing like quack grass (also known as: couch, quitch, devils, wheat, scutch, twitch, witch, dog or durfa grass), but only because I would feel so..... utterly defeated. :smallsigh:

Zack
2015-03-26, 01:20 AM
Well we always accept new people at CFC, especially those already familiar with mafia.

Zar Peter
2015-03-26, 01:27 AM
I'm in, Navigator Pete's my name. Arrrr.

I'm on holiday next week, though, don't expect too much activity from me then.

Mrs McGinty
2015-03-26, 03:09 AM
Arrrr. I be Dirty Derek McGinty. For a barrel of rum, I'm your man.

Sprig
2015-03-26, 02:45 PM
Can I be the ships Parrot ? Or at least a pirate pretending to be a parrot? Squawky Jim's the name, Imitation the game!

Zar Peter
2015-03-26, 04:06 PM
Well, changed avatar for the game. Let's lift the anchor and set sail! ARRRR

Elemental
2015-03-26, 10:13 PM
It's been ages since I played Werewolf, but given that I received a polite PM mentioning this game was here, I shall sign up.
I will also try and do a good job of it this time.

*Elemental mentally prepares to accuse everyone of murder*

In as the ship's resident displaced sky pirate and totally not a demon horse in disguise, Leander the Incomprehensible.

Logic
2015-03-26, 10:24 PM
It's been ages since I played Werewolf, but given that I received a polite PM mentioning this game was here, I shall sign up.

In as the ship's resident displaced sky pirate and totally not a demon horse in disguise, Leander the Incomprehensible.

Heya Elemental! Good to see you outside of EMPIRE!

Lex-Kat
2015-03-26, 10:52 PM
Arrrr. I be Dirty Derek McGinty. For a barrel of rum, I'm your man.

Well, changed avatar for the game. Let's lift the anchor and set sail! ARRRR

*Hugs all around* Happy to see you all. :smallsmile:

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-27, 01:30 AM
Lots of awesome names in this game.

People love pirates. And penguins.

Zar Peter
2015-03-27, 01:38 AM
Lots of awesome names in this game.

People love pirates. And penguins.

And most of all we love Pirate-Penguins :smallcool:

http://thisisgettingold.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Pirate-Penguin.jpg

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-27, 01:55 AM
Someone needs to change their avatar to Cartman wearing a pirate outfit and call himself Fatbeard.

Xhosant
2015-03-27, 08:49 AM
Signing up!

Cuthalion
2015-03-27, 01:01 PM

Emmental! :smallbiggrin:

Can I fix that avatar up for you, please?

Emperor Demonking
2015-03-27, 04:51 PM
/in like Captain Finn

Penguinator
2015-03-27, 06:43 PM
It's nice to see so many old faces. And older faces. And new faces who are old to some people.

Mrs McGinty
2015-03-27, 07:53 PM
Arr. That be a beautiful sentiment. Now where's the rum?

Fleeing Coward
2015-03-27, 07:55 PM
I probably shouldn't join on my current availability but that's enough old faces to tempt me in.

Also Emperor Demonking because tradition :smalltongue:

Xhosant
2015-03-27, 07:56 PM
All new here, what ought I provide?

Logic
2015-03-27, 08:30 PM

The booze. Or failing that, the little red Solo cups.

Duck999
2015-03-27, 08:50 PM
The booze. Or failing that, the little red Solo cups.

What about the big red Solo cups? Or those fancy paper cups with designs and stuff from disney movies? Those are a little small though.

Lex-Kat
2015-03-27, 09:15 PM
/in like Captain Finn

:eek: Emperor Demonking!? Wow, haven't seen you in forever. Nice to see you again.

Visor
2015-03-27, 10:09 PM
Is there an ETA when this is likely to start?

Elemental
2015-03-28, 12:39 AM
Heya Elemental! Good to see you outside of EMPIRE!

*Hugs all around* Happy to see you all. :smallsmile:

Emmental! :smallbiggrin:

Can I fix that avatar up for you, please?

It's good to see you all.

And yes Cuthalion, you may do whatever you want with it.

Penguinator
2015-03-28, 01:31 AM
I probably shouldn't join on my current availability but that's enough old faces to tempt me in.

I'm not sure, FC. Is that an "in," or an "I'd like to be in, but I can't?"

You just need an in-character name at this point, I take care of the rest.

Xhosant here is a friend of mine from elsewhere, take good care of him. :smalltongue:

Is there an ETA when this is likely to start?

Recruitment ends in nine and a half hours. I'll get everything set up sometime after that, but it will probably begin within 24 hours.

Ramsus
2015-03-28, 01:50 AM
Xhosant here is a friend of mine from elsewhere, take good care of him. :smalltongue:

Gotcha. One day one death coming right up! :smalltongue:

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 01:58 AM
If he survives night one, I'm likely mafia since I'd put the kibosh on such an act.

Well, not likely mafia. Just not ruled out.

Zar Peter
2015-03-28, 02:08 AM
Why wait till day one?

Point at Xhosant to introduce the "lynch before the game begins tradition" :smallbiggrin:

Get the plank! ARRR

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 02:13 AM
Why wait till day one?

Point at Xhosant to introduce the "lynch before the game begins tradition" :smallbiggrin:

Get the plank! ARRR

Askthepirateguy produces a blunderbuss from under his coat, and aims it at Zar Peter.

Now, now, Zarrrr.

Let us all welcome the new sailor properly, lest ye be drinkin' the briny deep itself, rather than yer usual grog tonight, lad.

Fleeing Coward
2015-03-28, 03:59 AM
I'm not sure, FC. Is that an "in," or an "I'd like to be in, but I can't?"

That's I'm in even though my schedule is telling me I shouldn't join :smalltongue:

Xhosant
2015-03-28, 04:53 AM
Get the plank! ARRR

I shall be Tim Wok 'the Plank', then, me hearties!

Duck999
2015-03-28, 05:19 AM
If he survives night one, I'm likely mafia since I'd put the kibosh on such an act.

...You are never ruled out.

Never.

If you claimed mason with the support of another mason, who was Nk'd and revealed to be mason, you still wouldn't be ruled out as mafia.

Tom the Mime
2015-03-28, 06:23 AM
Been a while since I played what with moving and a new job but I should have time for this one.

I be a Mime of Low Moral Fibre. Unless I find a typical pirate nickname/slang for someone missing a tongue.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 08:54 AM
...You are never ruled out.

Never.

If you claimed mason with the support of another mason, who was Nk'd and revealed to be mason, you still wouldn't be ruled out as mafia.

I have no supernatural ability to be mafia, folks. I get randed the role 10 percent of the time just like everyone else.

Zar Peter
2015-03-28, 08:59 AM
Tom Notongue? Well, if it means no rum I think I let the new guy live. For now. ..

Penguinator
2015-03-28, 11:03 AM
Officially, recruitment is now over.

Unofficially, I will probably accept stragglers for a while longer.

Tris
2015-03-28, 12:53 PM
I shall be Tim Wok 'the Plank', then, me hearties!

Another Tim! We should be Masons together.

Duck999
2015-03-28, 05:37 PM
I have no supernatural ability to be mafia, folks. I get randed the role 10 percent of the time just like everyone else.

Yes, but no one is ever ruled out of being mafia.

Unless they are proved mason by another mason's death.

But see, you are different. You could claim mason, give a plan to another mason that the devil scried, tell them to support you so the mafia wastes an NK or some such, present you think they are just another vanillager, have them say you are mason, NK them, prove them mason, prove you mason, while you are still mafia.

Tris
2015-03-28, 05:40 PM
We have to be reasonable though.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 09:08 PM
Yes, but no one is ever ruled out of being mafia.

Unless they are proved mason by another mason's death.

But see, you are different. You could claim mason, give a plan to another mason that the devil scried, tell them to support you so the mafia wastes an NK or some such, present you think they are just another vanillager, have them say you are mason, NK them, prove them mason, prove you mason, while you are still mafia.

And so could everyone, because here's the plan, and it's posted publicly.

And you came up with that plan on your own, so Duck, what does that say about you never being ruled out for being mafia?

Methinks you're still stinging from all the horrible lies I told in the my little townie game which you didn't even lose because I wasn't allowed to finish y'all off.

:smallbiggrin:

Let this be a lesson: Village networking can be very, very, very baaaaaaad.

Duck999
2015-03-28, 09:09 PM
And so could everyone, because here's the plan, and it's posted publicly.

And you came up with that plan on your own, so Duck, what does that say about you never being ruled out for being mafia?

Methinks you're still stinging from all the horrible lies I told in the my little townie game which you didn't even lose because I wasn't allowed to finish y'all off.

I actually forgot about that, but sure, why not?

I actually took your two vanillagers fake mason plan and turned it into a wolf fakes mason with a mason, pretending to be two vanillagers plan.

Now I want to try that, but I know it will never work.
Especially since I just explained it to everyone.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 09:15 PM
I miss Chessgeek and smuchmuch.

Where have so many awesome peeps gone?

Duck999
2015-03-28, 09:19 PM
I miss Chessgeek and smuchmuch.

Where have so many awesome peeps gone?

PM them, maybe you can get an answer.
Chances are, real life happened, as it often does, sad as it may be.

Don't you just hate it when life goes and messes up your plans?

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 09:24 PM
Chessgeek in particular.

Sigh... rare is the villager that will go along with your crazy ideas that involve lying as villager, and then put up with you when you suddenly and inexplicably suspect them all game long.

That's a villager I want to play with. I get to be creative.

Visor
2015-03-28, 09:35 PM
I just want to play a game! Cmon lets roll.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 09:45 PM
I just want to play a game! Cmon lets roll.

Okay, let's play a game.

01 Ramsus
02 Duck999
03 Lex-Kat
04 Logic
05 BasketOfPuppies
06 Zack
07 Visor
08 bladescape
09 Count Dingdong
10 Cuthalion
11 firedaemon33
12 Tanar Aerdoth
13 Fawkes
14 sphazre
15 Askthepizzaguy
16 Zar Peter
17 Mrs. McGinty
18 Sprig
19 Elemental
20 Xhosant
21 Emperor DemonKing
22 Fleeing Coward
23 Tom the Mime

Contained within this list are five bombs.

Each turn, you can guess a name, two names, three names, four names, or five names.

Anywhere from one to five names.

The result you get is how many of those guessed names are bombs, but not which ones were bombs.

Your objective is to name all five bombs correctly in the fewest number of turns.

Anyone want to take a stab at this? Don't put your guesses in this thread, PM me.

Each person will have the same list, but the answers will be randomly generated and different for each person.

Just to reiterate, don't hijack Pengi's game thread. PM only.

Hunt hunt hunt, o Visor who slashes people.

Consider this a test run for a mini-game in my theoretical upcoming Zelda game.

Fleeing Coward
2015-03-28, 09:57 PM
Worst case scenario, naming all 5 on 17th turn is best I can come up with in theory. Too lazy to tempt luck to see how many turns I actually take :smalltongue:

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 09:59 PM
Worst case scenario, naming all 5 on 17th turn is best I can come up with in theory. Too lazy to tempt luck to see how many turns I actually take :smalltongue:

Ah, but you had a fun few minutes trying to solve the worst case scenario, didn't ya?

Admit it, you enjoy thinking.

Fleeing Coward
2015-03-28, 10:05 PM
Ah, but you had a fun few minutes trying to solve the worst case scenario, didn't ya?

Admit it, you enjoy thinking.

Lies, life would be so much simpler if I had to think less.

After all ignorance is bliss :smalltongue:

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 10:07 PM
Here you are, playing a game of thinking.

You're even thinking in your free time, while waiting for a different game of thinking to start.

You can't hide your geek from me, FC.

Fleeing Coward
2015-03-28, 10:10 PM
I guess but I'm also playing a mindless hack and slash on my second screen at the same time. So that clearly means I don't like to think.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 10:42 PM
So thinking's not enough, you have to multitask too. :smallbiggrin:

Tris
2015-03-28, 10:52 PM
I think I can grantee a maximum of 16 guesses, but I might be thinking wrong.

Ionbound
2015-03-28, 10:54 PM
Really? I get a maximum of 5 guesses.

Tris
2015-03-28, 10:57 PM
Err, turns. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2015-03-28, 10:58 PM

Never ruled out. I'm fairly certain I will vote for AskthePizzaGuy, well, now. :smallwink:

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 11:05 PM
You can technically win the game in one guess, it's not very likely.

Maximum guesses, depends on how poor your aim is, and how many names you guess per round. You could guess each name once, and have them all be wrong until the last five names. So that's the maximum.

Count Dingdong
2015-03-28, 11:31 PM
If you give up on winning the game on the first turn, you can have a worst-case of 16 turns. If you want that hope of winning on the first turn, it adds one more to the worst-case. Best-case will generally be 1 turn, but if you use the 16-turn strategy, you change best-case to 2 turns (still pretty unlikely, though...).

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 11:35 PM
There are strategies one can use to potentially take slightly risky but reasonable shortcuts.

If you have one name in four, odds are pretty okay you could use a turn to guess the one name, rather than use potentially three more guesses.

Then you could try to guess the one name in three if you were wrong, and still save a turn.

Luck may not always be on one's side, but such strategies can enable one to blitzkrieg more reasonably than "guess all five on turn 1".

Fleeing Coward
2015-03-28, 11:35 PM
I still don't see 16 turns unless you're not counting the extra turn to name all 5.

Tris
2015-03-28, 11:36 PM
I have a 16 turn max strategy that could win on the first turn. Although, Pizza just told me that "If you've found a name by process of elimination, you would still have to use a turn to name that bomb." So, the max is actually 17.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-28, 11:43 PM
Yeah, since the game is to name all five bombs, simply narrowing it down isn't enough, you have to use a turn to name them.

But, it's possible to avoid using a turn to simply name one name you've found by elimination, assuming it isn't your final turn.

Should also note, if at any point you name one correct bomb out of one guess, or two out of two, or three out of three, or four out of four, you don't have to name those again.

EDIT:

Scoreboard:
Duck999 correctly guessed all five bombs in 12 turns.
Fleeing Coward correctly guessed all five bombs in 12 turns.
Lex-Kat correctly guessed all five bombs in 13 turns.
sphazre correctly guessed all five bombs in 13 turns.
Tanar Aerdoth correctly guessed all five bombs in 15 turns.
Count Dingdong correctly guessed all five bombs in 16 turns.

I'll edit future finishers into this post.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-29, 04:40 PM
Since those of you participating in the waiting-for-this-game-to-start "bomb game" are doing it in real time, you should know that I'm back online and you can send me many consecutive turns again. I took a nap. On tuesday I begin my long work week so I'll probably only be able to do a turn per day after that unless you happen to be online same time as me. Also if you have yahoo messenger or skype its way faster than PM.

Edit: Congrats on a 12 turn finish, Duck999 and Fleeing Coward!

Edit: And I'm logging off for a while. Feel free to send me more turns / players.

Lex-Kat
2015-03-29, 11:46 PM
Damn Ducks fowl. :smallannoyed: Beating my score by one, and before, and now after, I could get my score. :smallwink:

Fleeing Coward
2015-03-30, 12:13 AM
So close, had a 25% chance of outright first but Random.org failed me :smalltongue:

Visor
2015-03-30, 09:46 PM
@penguinator

banjo1985
2015-03-31, 04:21 AM
*sidles in*

So I see that sign ups are kind of closed, but I'm in iffa you'll take me Cap'n?

Also, where the heck did my avatar go? :smallconfused:

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-31, 04:39 AM
Hermergherd, Banjo's back!

bladescape
2015-03-31, 05:10 AM
*sidles in*

So I see that sign ups are kind of closed, but I'm in iffa you'll take me Cap'n?

BANJO

I know! My avatar went too.

banjo1985
2015-03-31, 05:20 AM
*waves to both*

Longtime no see, Bladescape. :smallbiggrin:

Back is such a strong word. More like I'm just about over my embarrassment from ducking out of running one game and co-hosting another and felt it about time I came back looking shame-faced and contrite. :smallredface:

Oh, and I guess my character will be Bigger Than Medium Dave But Not As Big As Big Dave Dave, the second tallest of the Dave brothers.

Duck999
2015-03-31, 05:20 AM
*sidles in*

...Nice avatar.

You know what would do nicely with that? A cat WW game. I wonder if there have ever been any of those in the playground? Maybe one that would be very fun were it to happen again...:smalltongue:

And if we got a player base back.

Hello! Nice to see you again.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-03-31, 05:33 AM
Back is such a strong word. More like I'm just about over my embarrassment from ducking out of running one game and co-hosting another and felt it about time I came back looking shame-faced and contrite. :smallredface:

Yeah, no one's ever done that before. That's why it was so surprising when you did it.

What? Stop looking at me like that everyone.

We are just happy you're back.

banjo1985
2015-03-31, 05:50 AM
Granted, but I still felt bad for doing it. I can't commit to running the kind of games I used to, and that kind of saddens me.

*waves at Duck*

Oh no, no Cat Fight III. Never again. At least not in that format. :smalltongue:

bladescape
2015-03-31, 07:51 AM
Granted, but I still felt bad for doing it. I can't commit to running the kind of games I used to, and that kind of saddens me.

*waves at Duck*

Oh no, no Cat Fight III. Never again. At least not in that format. :smalltongue:

You're not the only one. :smalltongue: I mean, I was never the narrator you were. (I'M SORRY I HAVE A LOVE FOR RANDOM EFFECTS. THEY'RE HILARIOUS FROM A NARRATOR PERSPECTIVE, OKAY?!?) But I also would love to have the ability to commit to the games I used to run.

Fawkes
2015-03-31, 11:03 AM
Back is such a strong word.

Don't call it a comeback. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg)

Legato Endless
2015-03-31, 11:58 AM
Huh.

Everyone but FC and Demon has a character name.

I might be skeptically surprised depending on what this portends.

Penguinator
2015-03-31, 02:11 PM
Damn Ducks fowl. :smallannoyed: Beating my score by one, and before, and now after, I could get my score. :smallwink:

Now, now. No more fowl language. :smalltongue:

Ah, see, this is clearly why this game hadn't started sooner. :smallwink:

Penguinator
2015-04-02, 02:29 AM
I have begun sending out QTs. Please post in your QT so that I know you have received it.

The game will begin once everyone has posted in their QT.

Note that I have not yet sent out all QTs - it's getting late and I would rather do this when I'm awake.

Penguinator
2015-04-02, 02:38 PM
I have now sent out all QTs. If you did not receive one, let me know. If you did receive one, please post in it so that I know you have seen it.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-03, 01:32 AM
Let's set sail.

Fleeing Coward
2015-04-03, 03:59 AM
Or we could just burn the ship. I've never been comfortable out at sea.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-03, 04:02 AM

What are you, Fleeing Coward? Chicken?

Mrs McGinty
2015-04-03, 04:08 AM

Arrr. That's fightin' talk. There be rum on that ship. :smallfurious:

Sprig
2015-04-03, 04:11 AM
Indeed, *Squawk* All me favourite things arrrr already loaded aboard. *Squawk*

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-03, 04:28 AM
Correction: I've already stolen everything on that ship, sank the original ship, and loaded all the cargo onto an identical ship which I happen to have also stolen.

It's all mine now. Yer welcome to board my ship, but no stealin' anything.

Elemental
2015-04-03, 05:12 AM
Isn't stealing our job? I mean... We ARE pirates...

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-03, 05:23 AM
Isn't stealing our job? I mean... We ARE pirates...

Good man. You'll make an excellent first mate.

I'd be worried if I had a ship full of pirates who would stop stealin' things just because someone told them to. Yar.

Duck999
2015-04-03, 05:34 AM
Nay! Stealin' ain't our job. Our job is using whatevah means necessary to pilfer goods from another ship.

Nay, not stealin'.

Mrs McGinty
2015-04-03, 05:50 AM
Arr. Stealin's when ye take something from the livin'. If ye kills 'em first, then it's salvage.

Elemental
2015-04-03, 06:12 AM
Well, whether it's stealing or salvage depends on whether they have living relatives or not.

Mrs McGinty
2015-04-03, 06:42 AM
Arrr. Property is theft, inheritance doubly so. The accumulation of wealth in the hands of a monopolistic rulin' class is a sin far more grievous than any we've committed... Arrr. Well, maybe not me personally (that bit with the nunnery is going to take some explainin' to old Saint Pete, to be sure). But ye see what I'm sayin' now: ye can't steal what's already stolen.

Elemental
2015-04-03, 06:46 AM
I'll just help myself to your part of the loot then and buy myself some new boots. Maybe sequinned ones to go with my glittery coat.

Mrs McGinty
2015-04-03, 06:58 AM
Arrr. A dandy, eh?

Ye'd best watch yersel', pretty boy. The open seas ain't no place for preenin' and poutin'. And when yer caught in the maw o' the dreadful spindly killer fish, ye'll be wantin' more than fine silks and satins to protect yer soft, ladylike buttocks. Arrr.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-03, 07:12 AM
Arrr. Property is theft, inheritance doubly so. The accumulation of wealth in the hands of a monopolistic rulin' class is a sin far more grievous than any we've committed... Arrr.

And if that only were a singular theft of wages, but it be not so, for immiseration theory necessitates an even greater theft by the bourgeoisie as real wages and working conditions inevitably decline as the labor class loses control over political power and capital, and centralization of wealth leads to stagnation and economic hardship due to commodity fetishism, which overly emphasizes the relationship between the values of commodities and under-represents the human relations between the worker and the capitalist, the base and the superstructure, leaving the proletariat to suffer as the fruits of their labor are further divorced from their benefit, says I.

Yarr.

Elemental
2015-04-03, 07:27 AM
Arrr. A dandy, eh?

Ye'd best watch yersel', pretty boy. The open seas ain't no place for preenin' and poutin'. And when yer caught in the maw o' the dreadful spindly killer fish, ye'll be wantin' more than fine silks and satins to protect yer soft, ladylike buttocks. Arrr.

Hey! This coat is only glittery because I ran out of room in my pockets for diamonds! Okay, they're mostly white sapphires... But the point still stands!

Logic
2015-04-03, 09:12 AM
Just don't no one be taking me prothstetic beard. We may be pirates, but we ain't savages.

Mrs McGinty
2015-04-03, 09:16 AM
And if that only were a singular theft of wages, but it be not so, for immiseration theory necessitates an even greater theft by the bourgeoisie as real wages and working conditions inevitably decline as the labor class loses control over political power and capital, and centralization of wealth leads to stagnation and economic hardship due to commodity fetishism, which overly emphasizes the relationship between the values of commodities and under-represents the human relations between the worker and the capitalist, the base and the superstructure, leaving the proletariat to suffer as the fruits of their labor are further divorced from their benefit, says I.

Yarr.

Arrr. Yer politics be redder than an old drunk's nose.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-03, 01:23 PM
Arrr. Yer politics be redder than an old drunk's nose.

So, my nose then?

Mrs McGinty
2015-04-03, 02:10 PM
Arrr. Ye can take yer pick from most our merry band. Even Squawky's beak be on the rosy side.

Fawkes
2015-04-03, 02:23 PM
I'll drink to that!

Twenty-five men on a dead men's chest. Yo ho ho an' a bottle o' rum!

Zack
2015-04-03, 02:59 PM
Arrr. Property is theft, inheritance doubly so. The accumulation of wealth in the hands of a monopolistic rulin' class is a sin far more grievous than any we've committed... Arrr. Well, maybe not me personally (that bit with the nunnery is going to take some explainin' to old Saint Pete, to be sure). But ye see what I'm sayin' now: ye can't steal what's already stolen.
The government are the real thieves, arr! Taxation be theft!

(somewhat relevant and hilarious article (http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/l-p-d-libertarian-police-department))

Penguinator
2015-04-03, 03:28 PM
Still waiting on a couple people, so I went ahead and did the kicks and giggles player list like I normally do.

Ramsus
2015-04-03, 03:50 PM
Hahaha, that was great Zack.

Tom the Mime
2015-04-03, 06:27 PM
Still waiting on a couple people, so I went ahead and did the kicks and giggles player list like I normally do.
Arrr. Get 'em drunk and load 'em up in the hold. They'll be singing a different tune when we're ten miles out at sea.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-05, 03:31 AM
Since everyone's got their role, I would assume we could begin, but that's just me mind bein' afflicted by the scurvy.

Which I... somehow got before we even set sail.

For a pizza-related pirate, I sure am not getting a whole heck of a lot of vitamin C.

Someone must be stealin' the vitamins out of my tomatoes!

I'll cut the neck o' the bastard who did this to me!

Zar Peter
2015-04-05, 04:20 AM
I've got enough Vitamins, everyday I drink a bottle of destilled Sauerkraut. 80% Alcohol and 20% Vitamin C!

ARR... hick... rrrr

Lex-Kat
2015-04-05, 05:43 AM
Someone must be stealin' the vitamins out of my tomatoes!

I'll cut the neck o' the bastard who did this to me!
Oh. :smallredface: That must be me. I.... Scurvy is bad for the complexion, I hear. You wouldn't want me to look bad fer the captain, would ye?

RuneboundShade
2015-04-05, 06:21 AM
This still filling?

BasketOfPuppies
2015-04-05, 08:07 AM
Yarr. We scurvy dogs be ready fer sailin!

Lex-Kat
2015-04-05, 11:24 PM
Aww, look at the widdle puppies! Picks one up and begins snuggling it.

Zack
2015-04-05, 11:26 PM
So... is this going to start soon?

Penguinator
2015-04-06, 12:43 AM
I've started writing the first narration.

Part of the stall is because I'm trying to start at I time when I know I'll be available 48 hours later, and finding a time is difficult. There's also the fact that the forum tends to be really slow on Sundays, so starting today (especially on a holiday) didn't seem like a good idea.

Visor
2015-04-06, 12:55 AM
I've started writing the first narration.

Part of the stall is because I'm trying to start at I time when I know I'll be available 48 hours later, and finding a time is difficult. There's also the fact that the forum tends to be really slow on Sundays, so starting today (especially on a holiday) didn't seem like a good idea.

I don't mind a long first day.

Ramsus
2015-04-06, 01:28 AM
I don't think there's every really an issue with days going over the default length. Unless you have some very weird roles in this game. Or I suppose really impatient players. But that's ok, the later thing isn't a person anymore and it's free to ignore them. :smalltongue:

Penguinator
2015-04-06, 01:34 AM
Opening Narration:

The Cap'n walked along with the roletaker, eyeing the crew up and down. Some of them were old hands, some were folks he had only taken on recently. But as the voyage was a new one, he figured it was best to take role.
"Alright, mate. Let's have a look at these names."
"Squawk!"
"Aye, Cap'n. This 'ere be 'Petal Dances Under the Moonlight.' He claims to definitely not be a ninja."
"Seems legit. And these fellows?"
"Squawk!"
"The three 'beard' pirates."
"No amount of originality, there. Anyone of interest?"
"Squawk!"
"There's... an incomprehensible fellow. Someone of doubt, a young, nameless person and an old nameless person. A Frenchman. Someone with the nickname 'tables.' Claims not to know how he got it. Some puppies. A Count. One 'Wharfcow.'"
"I have no idea what that even means."
"Squawk!"
"Neither do I, Cap'n. Jim Chumlegs."
"Sounds painful."
"Squawk!"
"Let's see... a generic fellow, our navigator, a man with one eye, an incredibly dirty fellow, a few men with terrible puns for names..."
"Were they your puns?"
"Squawk!"
"Uh... aye, Cap'n. They didn't provide names fer us."
"Arrr...."
"Squawk!"
"There's... a sort of big fellow, who's not quite as big as another fellow. And a... mime? And one incredibly late addition."
"Well, I've seen most o' this lot before. Some o' 'em 'ave been 'ere fer years. Show me the new fellow."
"Squawk!"
"This way, Cap'n."
They approached a well-groomed chap in a suit.
"Arr... Who be this lubber?"
"Squawk!"
"Oh, hello. I like to stream videos for free, and steal music without paying any royalties. Basically, I do a lot of intellectual property theft. Games, music, books, movies, you name it, I'll take it off your hands."
The Cap'n was enraged. He thrust his hook into the man's collar, drawing him up into his face, breathing his horrid pirate's breath into the man's face. "We don' deal wit' yer kind o' piracy, here, filth." He tossed the man over to his crew, shouting, "Show 'im what we do with 'pirates,' boys!"
"Squawk!"
"ARR!" The crew tossed the man around, beating him up as he slowly was forced closer and closer to the edge of the ship before finally being tossed overboard. After a loud *plunk!* the Cap'n addressed the crew.
"All right, ye scurvy lot! Some o' ye know how this works, some o' ye are new blood! Ye'll figure it out soon enough! Now, get ta work! Set sail!"
"Squawk!"
The roletaker finally glanced up at the Cap'n, his voice rather unsure. "Cap'n, you do realize that's a grown man hanging from your shoulder?"
"...Squawk."
"Quiet, boy, yer upsettin' Squawky Jim."

Penguinator was thrown overboard. He was the Wrong Kind of Pirate (Narrator).

Player List:

#
Players
Character
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Duck999
Grey Beard

Lex-Kat
Young Nameless Wench

Logic
Leatherbeard

BasketOfPuppies
Scurvy Dogs

Zack
Zackbeard

Visor
Andre Duchamp

bladescape
Sailor of Doubt

Count Dingdong
Count Me-In

Cuthalion
Wharfcow Benji

firedaemon33
Ol' No Name

Tanar Aerdoth
Tim "Tables" Thomson

Fawkes
Jim Chumlegs

sphazre
Pete One-Eye

Askthepizzaguy
Askthepirateguy

Zar Peter
Navigator Pete

Mrs. McGinty
Dirty Derek McGinty

Sprig
Squawky Jim

Elemental

Xhosant
Tim Wok "the Plank"

Emperor DemonKing

Fleeing Coward

[TR]
Tom the Mime
Mime of Low Moral Fibre

banjo1985

Legato Endless
"Endless" the Flogger

RuneboundShade
Benjamin "Rusty" Hayes

Day 1 Begins.
It will end in approximately 48+ hours.

Lex-Kat
2015-04-06, 02:26 AM
The bird's gotta go! Squaky Jim (Sprig) must die!

Ramsus
2015-04-06, 03:41 AM
Legato Endless shall go
His name always seemed to be
Some kind of challenge

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-06, 04:15 AM
What a fine crew of sailing men.

Woah hold on now, back up for a moment! What a fine crew of sailing men, except for one, Lex-Kat, who by all appearances is some kind of wench.

A wench!

Are you even serious right now? A pirate ship is no place for womenfolk. They're universally known to be bad luck on a sailing vessel. I say we throw the wench overboard!

Elemental
2015-04-06, 04:31 AM
What nonsense. It's not bad luck and can in fact be quite handy in the case of loose bolts and- Oh, you said wench. Umm... Well... Still useful to have one around in case we run into sirens or something...

Tris
2015-04-06, 04:46 AM
Arr, your name doesn't seem like a real pirate's name Aventine. Arr.

Tom the Mime
2015-04-06, 05:05 AM
Arr, your name doesn't seem like a real pirate's name Aventine. Arr.

Who be this Aventine ye speak of? Hiding up in rigging? Can't see them on deck, Tanar Aerdoth

Mrs McGinty
2015-04-06, 05:32 AM
Arrr. In honour of our settin' forth on this here adventure, I've made so bold as to write a little shanty, to sing us on our way. Here be the first verse:

When I was a laddie, in the town that I’m from,
Hey, ho, and a ship full o’ rum,
There was a fair lassie, as sweet as a plum,
I asked her to marry, but she wouldn’t succumb,
So I took to the docks with my pipe and my drum,
Hey, ho, and a ship full o’ rum.

(Any similarity to sea songs written by other people - famous Scottish novelists, for example - be purely coincidental. Arrr.)

Visor
2015-04-06, 06:53 AM
Askthepizzaguy? Pizza hasn't been invented yet! Arrrr!

Logic
2015-04-06, 07:46 AM
Ar, Laddies, methinks Tanar Aerdoth be the wrong kind o' pirate.

'Yar' if ye agree.

bladescape
2015-04-06, 08:08 AM
Ar, Laddies, methinks Tanar Aerdoth be the wrong kind o' pirate.

'Yar' if ye agree.

This man be speaking Logic. Yarr.

Ionbound
2015-04-06, 08:39 AM
Hmm...Eh...I think we ought to put out ol' Petey's other eye, eh lads! <Sphazre>

Emperor Demonking
2015-04-06, 09:09 AM
Arr, Bladescape what ye got against t'use o' logic? Arr.

Fawkes
2015-04-06, 10:13 AM
What nonsense. It's not bad luck and can in fact be quite handy in the case of loose bolts and- Oh, you said wench. Umm... Well... Still useful to have one around in case we run into sirens or something...

Well, of course we need a winch! How else are we gonna trim the lines?

I suspect askthepizzaguy to be a saboteur!

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-06, 11:02 AM
Well, of course we need a winch! How else are we gonna trim the lines?

I suspect askthepizzaguy to be a saboteur!

What's this about saboteurs? I thought we were fighting against faux pirates.

Are you a saboteur, Fawkes?

Tris
2015-04-06, 11:18 AM
Who be this Aventine ye speak of? Hiding up in rigging? Can't see them on deck, Tanar Aerdoth

My brain here must be getting old. I was meaning to vote fer Ramsus instead. Arr. :smallredface:

Zar Peter
2015-04-06, 11:28 AM
Navigator Pete steps up to the bridge and raises his telescope.

Ai sai wi sail ait this plaice their! It's looking beautiful. Aind it's ain Island. I like Islands! Eispecally this°! Hick.

He takes a big swig from his bottle of destilled Sauerkraut-Schnaps and points in the direction of Zackbeard (Zack), nobody knows why. Then he takes another big swig from his bottle and descends into the ship store room, maybe to fetch another bottle. Or to lay down.

Zack
2015-04-06, 01:26 PM
Leatherbeard (Logic), you are a big fat phony! I am the true bearded one.

Logic
2015-04-06, 01:41 PM
Leatherbeard (Logic), you are a big fat phony! I am the true bearded one.

Dinnae point out me disability! We dwarves pride our beards! 'Tis no fault o' mine 'twas burned off! Me prothstetic beard is the only thing that makes me feel like a dwarf anymore. Ar!

Zack
2015-04-06, 01:44 PM
This man be speaking Logic. Yarr.
This joke was tired the first time it was made. Yarr. :smallwink:

Logic
2015-04-06, 01:50 PM
This joke was tired the first time it was made. Yarr. :smallwink:

Now you know how I feel every werewolf game.

Sprig
2015-04-06, 03:58 PM
Squawky Jim jumped off jumped off his precarious perch. The Capt'n was a man of strength but even he got tired after a while. Besides the Captains patience was sorely tested last time Jim needed to defecate. Jim dissappeared to the Jacks, the reappeared shortly after shaking out and unruffling his cape of brightly colored feathers, he sat on the deck and stated preening each feather. With his fingers instead of his teeth of course! Just because he was a pirate it didn't mean he was a complete savage.

"It be good we set sail, twas getting tired of all the strange looks I got when at port *Squawk*."

Jim looked around at his fellow pirates giving a few the eyeball or the couple of crew he knew well the fig!

"It be a funny Crew this time tho' Cap't but what ever brings in the gold! Though I would be delighted to find out how Tom the Mime can help in that endevour? *Squark*"

Duck999
2015-04-06, 04:25 PM
The dice say it shall be visor. After all, pirates do play a lot of dice.

Cuthalion
2015-04-06, 05:17 PM
Duck999 rolled dice. He said. This could be an elaborate cover up for being a wolf. Arr.

Sprig
2015-04-06, 06:51 PM
"Squark?" *Squawk*

Xhosant
2015-04-06, 08:13 PM

*mumble mumble* sweet as a plum

*hum* ship full o’ rum *hic*

... plum-flavored rum?

*large swig o' rum*

Thar, ehhh... Peter fella *hic* been drinkin' the rum too.

Visor
2015-04-06, 08:25 PM
I actually agree with Pizza that the guy that said saboteur could be PIS acidentally.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-06, 08:30 PM
I actually agree with Pizza that the guy that said saboteur could be PIS acidentally.

I apologize in advance if it is that simple, no one likes to let down their team based on a slip.

It also could be nothing, so although I want to poke it, lets not get too excited. There's a long game ahead.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-04-06, 10:17 PM
Yarr. Do tha be a bird flyin about? Time fer lunch! <Sprig>

Visor
2015-04-06, 10:34 PM
Pretty sure Tanar is mafia as well. @Zack, @Sprig, do you see the similarities with the previous game?

Zack
2015-04-06, 10:37 PM
Pretty sure Tanar is mafia as well. @Zack, @Sprig, do you see the similarities with the previous game?
Well, his name is the same. That's one.

Sprig
2015-04-06, 11:26 PM
"That other ship where I was held prisoner and the crew talked about metal contraptions? I can't remember, I believe he managed to escaped that doomed ship just before I did. It does not bring back any pleasant memories." *Squawk*

(OOC: I can't comment in any detail while that game continues due to its set up. A simply no will suffice. He has made what? 2 posts?)

RuneboundShade
2015-04-07, 02:53 AM
Xhosant? What sort of name be that. I say we throw the scoundrel overboard.

((Lynching the guy that said saboteur for saying it is silly, since roles are revealed on death and if the wolves of this game are 'saboteurs' then it'll make his alignment obvious when we catch another one. (+ It would be incredibly anti-fun :smallannoyed:)))

Tris
2015-04-07, 03:03 AM

Erm, what? What is this based on? I've done hardly anything so far. :smallconfused:

Emperor Demonking
2015-04-07, 05:21 AM
Rune bound's last post screams bad guy to me. If we want to change votes do we still scratch out the old ones?

Duck999
2015-04-07, 05:23 AM
Rune bound's last post screams bad guy to me. If we want to change votes do we still scratch out the old ones?

Yes. Though really, saboteur could just be a name for generic villain on a vehicle (boat). That's not the kind of thing we normally use for voting.

RuneboundShade
2015-04-07, 06:18 AM
Rune bound's last post screams bad guy to me. If we want to change votes do we still scratch out the old ones?:smallconfused:

Yes. Though really, saboteur could just be a name for generic villain on a vehicle (boat). That's not the kind of thing we normally use for voting.Did you actually read what I wrote?

Let's look at the motivation for my post; there's four possibilities:
1. Both Fawkes and I are wolves, and I'm deflecting off him. This doesn't work because either a) I'm only stalling his death until later at which point it's confirmed (and makes me look bad) or b) I'm invalidating and incorrect line of logic anyway. [If wolves aren't sabs]
2. I'm a wolf and Fawkes is town, and I'm whiteknighting to get towncred. In this event (since he's town) he has no way of knowing what the wolves are called. All of the logic against him would diffuse the instant a wolf was lynched. This thought line has some merit but is also a terrible way to try and hunt for wolves, since (if I was a wolf) I had a logical and reasonable reason for what I did.
3. I'm town and Fawkes is a wolf, he slipped the proper name for the wolves this game. This works and is probably what happened. However, option 4 is still reasonably likely and (like I pointed out) lynching him under the impression that this is the scenario doesn't actually do anything, since as soon as a wolf flip happens we'll know if the wolves are called saboteurs, or if they aren't. Since it'll get resolved at that point there's no reason to speed it up.
4. Both Fawkes and I are town, he thought up a fancy word for wolves (in this setting). I defended him and pointed out that his comment will either identify itself as a slip later or become irrelevant. This situation also works and has a decently likely chance of being what happened.

So to re-iterate, the only way you believe I'm a wolf off that post I made is either if you [I]agree with me, or if you think my tone is off. I can't really argue with the latter but hey who can?

Tempted to flip from my joke vote to Duck999 since Demonking's wolf-read on me was un-intuitive and his (Duck999) post is hella opportunistic. (And involves a defense for Fawkes in it when I wasn't pushing Fawkes, rather the opposite. Really iffy)

Penguinator
2015-04-07, 09:26 AM
If we want to change votes do we still scratch out the old ones?

Yes.

Wolves start blind, in case I missed mentioning that.

Emperor Demonking
2015-04-07, 10:06 AM
What's blind?

sphazre
2015-04-07, 10:16 AM
Why is there day one analysis. Me brain's not yet ready.

Cuthalion!

Fawkes
2015-04-07, 10:55 AM
Guys. It was a joke on how he wanted to get rid of the wench, which I willfully misinterpreted as a winch, which is an object used to control a ship's rigging. If he made it more difficult to control the ship, that would be an act of sabotage. One who commits sabotage is a saboteur.

Ye all be paranoid as hell.

Tris
2015-04-07, 11:15 AM
What's blind?

They don't start in contact with each other.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-07, 11:24 AM
Guys. It was a joke on how he wanted to get rid of the wench, which I willfully misinterpreted as a winch, which is an object used to control a ship's rigging. If he made it more difficult to control the ship, that would be an act of sabotage. One who commits sabotage is a saboteur.

The hallmark of a proper pirate, yarr.

Emperor Demonking
2015-04-07, 11:33 AM
They don't start in contact with each other.

Thank ye. I thought it might be referring to ol' Pete, arr!

Mrs McGinty
2015-04-07, 01:40 PM
Arrr. The Count be awful quiet. Got sea-sick in yer caviar, did ye posho? Well, let's give ye another verse of me shanty to lift yer spirits...

I hopped on a galleon, with old Captain Crumb,
And his band of pirates, to a man they were scum,
We made for the Indies, chasin’ the sun,
Seekin’ our fortune, at the end of a gun,
Hey, ho, and a ship full o’ rum.

Sprig
2015-04-07, 04:27 PM
Preoccupied with all his preening, Squawky Jim was only half listening to all this talk of Winches & Wrenches. 'whats going on here?' Squawky Jim thought to himself as he finished preening the last feather in his cape. 'Ahrgh, it seems some poor fool has been designated "Wench", Oh well, that happens from time to time... There is always one that gets bullied into that role, poor soul.'

"Men, ye be kind to the wench, I don't want to have to be dispensing justice when thee young'n swabbie inevitable comes crying to me. *Squawk*"

Jim turned to identify the Wench. Upon spotting him, Jim could seen why the young lad was chosen, He had a very soft and delicate look, almost feminine. Also didn't look like he could grow a beard anytime soon. 'Bah, men could be so cruel, but there is no place for any softies in a pirate crew.' He signed inwardly while maintaining a hardened and fearsome exterior (despite the ridiculous cape) then walked up the the wench prodding him in the chest. 'hmmm more squishy than usual... more softness'

"Don't think your new role will get ye out of ye core duties, thee deck is still going to need swabbing! *Squawk*"

Jim squatted down and started to relax. He wanted to join in with Dirty Derek in the song but the crew always protested despite his sweet singing voice.

Duck999
2015-04-07, 04:56 PM
Tempted to flip from my joke vote to Duck999 since Demonking's wolf-read on me was un-intuitive and his (Duck999) post is hella opportunistic. (And involves a defense for Fawkes in it when I wasn't pushing Fawkes, rather the opposite. Really iffy)

I was actually defending you by pointing out that you were right in saying he could still likely be town. I was also defending Fawkes because other people said he was suspicious, and I thought it was probably just some flavorful choice of words.

Fawkes
2015-04-07, 07:11 PM
Also, now that I think about it, given the name of the game, I'd wager that the werewolves in this game are, you know, mutineers.

Sprig
2015-04-07, 07:48 PM
"Whoa, *Squawk*, Whoa. No Buccaneer ever dares mention that dirty word aboard a Pirate ship least that be followed by an accusation... Arrrr, that what you be accusing Askthepirateguy of? Out with it man, for the love of the Capt'n. *Squawk*"

Fawkes
2015-04-07, 10:37 PM
"Arrrr, that what you be accusing Askthepirateguy of? Out with it man, for the love of the Capt'n. *Squawk*"

Nay, I accused him of sabotage! An' I was very clear about that.

We NEED the winch to trim the sails! Ye can't just be throwing yer tools overboard1

RuneboundShade
2015-04-08, 12:14 AM

Ye all be paranoid as hell.Ayyyy.

@Duck999 I see, the yes was to "If we want to change votes do we scratch out old ones?" instead of "Rune's last post is screaming wolf to me."
Replying in chronological order could avoid this confusion in the future. :smalltongue:

@Pengi "~I have not yet decided whether wolves will be blind. Arr." (Should probably fix this now)

If blade wasn't in this game I'd claim towncred off not knowing that in my last post. :smallcool:

Finally, I'm willing to bet Emperor Demonking is town. Let's see if anyone else can figure out my train of thought on that one.

Elemental
2015-04-08, 12:29 AM

The real question is, are we paranoid enough?

Anyways, honestly everyone is as suspicious as each other at this point. I mean, usually the fact that someone's engaged in the business of attacking people and stealing their gold would ring alarm bells but if we're all doing that...

Hmm... A lot of votes, no clear leaders for walking the plank into possibly shark infested waters. Well, the only person I know who isn't a stereotypical Italian lupine criminal is myself so I shall add a vote to Tom the Mime.

Logic
2015-04-08, 12:31 AM
@Pengi "~I have not yet decided whether wolves will be blind. Arr." (Should probably fix this now)

Finally, I'm willing to bet Emperor Demonking is town. Let's see if anyone else can figure out my train of thought on that one.
"I dinnae think I can trust yer analysis, for this were said ages ago."

Yes.

Wolves start blind, in case I missed mentioning that.
And I do hope there is not a rule against quoting the narrator. I looked, but found none.

Elemental
2015-04-08, 01:27 AM
And I do hope there is not a rule against quoting the narrator. I looked, but found none.

There probably isn't. I mean, what purpose would it serve?
Unless of course you wanted to alter the quotes to serve your own nefarious purposes, but Penguinator would see through that in five seconds and then you'd be in trouble.

Of course, I don't think there's anything from stopping us from making joke quotes...

RuneboundShade
2015-04-08, 02:14 AM
"I dinnae think I can trust yer analysis, for this were said ages ago."

And I do hope there is not a rule against quoting the narrator. I looked, but found none.Yeah, the whole point was he needs to update the op. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2015-04-08, 02:43 AM
"Yarr! Which bilge rat changed me name while this scurvy dog were kippin' in a hammock? I could'a sworn me name were Dave! Were it you, Sphazre?"

((I guess Bigger-Than-Medium-Dave-But-Not-As-Big-As-Big-Dave-Dave was a little too long? :smalltongue:))

BasketOfPuppies
2015-04-08, 06:07 AM
"Yarr! Which bilge rat changed me name while this scurvy dog were kippin' in a hammock? I could'a sworn me name were Dave! Were it you, Sphazre?"

((I guess Bigger-Than-Medium-Dave-But-Not-As-Big-As-Big-Dave-Dave was a little too long? :smalltongue:))

Yarr. We never been nowhere near yer hammock.

Sprig
2015-04-08, 07:22 PM
"Arrr, Where be ya Quartermaster? It is practically his duty to do the count! *Squawk* I also see crew with more than their ration of rum, he seems to be slacking off! I'll provide the count for him this one time.*Squawk*"

The Count:
Ramsus - 1 (Tanar Aerdoth; )
Duck999 - 1 (Cuthalion; )
Lex-Kat - 1 (Askthepizzaguy; )
Logic - 2 (bladescape; Zack; )
Zack - 1 (Zar Peter; )
Visor - 1 (Duck999; )
Bladescape - 1 (Emperor DemonKing; )
Count Dingdong - 1 (Mrs. McGinty; )
Cuthalion - 1 (sphazre; )
Tanar Aerdoth - 2 (Tom the Mime; Logic; )
Sphazre - 2 (firedaemon33; banjo1985; )
Askthepizzaguy - 2 (Visor; Fawkes; )
Zar Peter - 1 (Xhosant; )
Sprig - 2 (Lex-Kat; BasketOfPuppies; )
Tom the Mime - 2 (Sprig; Elemental; )
Legato Endless - 1 (Ramsus; )
Xhosant - 1 (RuneboundShade; )

Not Voting – 3 (Count Dingdong; Fleeing Coward; Legato Endless)

*Squawk*

Zack
2015-04-08, 08:35 PM
How are you ordering that thing?

Sprig
2015-04-08, 08:54 PM
How are you ordering that thing?

Jim was confused... 'Order?' he thought to himself. He looked at his shiny pirate badge. It had the number 18 on it. He then pointed at it as he replied.

"Ye were all given a Crew member number when you signed your social security and professional indemnity insurance contracts upon participating in this endevour. *Squawk*"

OOC: I just took the player list, so same order as the names on that.

- - - Updated - - -

"Yarrr, I still call ya Dave, two 'Rustys' is one too many *Squawk*"

Logic
2015-04-08, 09:28 PM
"Arrr, Where be ya Quartermaster? It is practically his duty to do the count! *Squawk* I also see crew with more than their ration of rum, he seems to be slacking off! I'll provide the count for him this one time.*Squawk*"

*Squawk*

Seeing that no one looks to be getting lynched, I will switch over from Tanar Aedoth to Tom the Mime.

Tom the Mime
2015-04-09, 12:13 AM
Logically that means I should vote for you to survive. Ar

Penguinator
2015-04-09, 01:06 AM
Day is over (now that it's almost 24 hours past...)

Edit: I had given banjo a placeholder name, then changed it in the OP when I saw the one he had provided. I then gave the same placeholder to RBS. I fixed banjo's name in the First Day post, now.

Visor
2015-04-10, 03:29 AM
Hello? I don't think we care about flavour just keep the game running.

Sprig
2015-04-10, 03:50 AM

I had a reply from him in my QT earlier. He had an earlier than expected start.

Shouldn't be too far away.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-04-10, 05:52 AM

Yarr, I be playin fer the flaver.

Zar Peter
2015-04-10, 05:53 AM

I'm drinking Sauerkraut Schnaps! Flavour is everything! * Hick *

Falls back onto his straw mattress.

Lex-Kat
2015-04-10, 04:56 PM
Ahhh flavour. Now that's what my game was missing. :smallamused: Some of us appreciate dearly the flavor.

Duck999
2015-04-10, 04:59 PM
Ahhh flavour. Now that's what my game was missing. :smallamused: Some of us appreciate dearly the flavor.

*Cough* Cat Fight *Cough*
Most games with highly experimental roles seem to be very flavorful. Except mine.:smalltongue:

Ramsus
2015-04-10, 05:19 PM
Hey now, your games are full of flavor. That flavor just happens to be way too much sugar. :smalltongue:

Penguinator
2015-04-11, 12:37 AM
Day 1:

As the crew began to go about their duties, an outcry was heard from the gambling table.
A man slammed his fist down as he stood, shouting, "Ye cheated me, dwarf!"
The dwarf shook his head. "Aye, ye got it all wrong. Dwarves dinnae cheat."
"Oh, yeah?" The man leaned forward, reaching at the smaller one's beard. "An' how do ye explain yer fake beard, then?"
The dwarf practically exploded. "Ye dinnae be bringin' me personal issues inter this!"
"I'll prove yer cheated! Let's ask this feller!"
The Mime onboard happened by, and the first man grabbed him by the collar. "Tell me, lubber, did ye see what happened 'ere?" The man nodded furiously, and the man let him down. "Show us what yer saw, then."
The Mime, out of practice, began a short pantomime in which a card game was played. What he didn't realize was that he had made a few gestures which were very offensive to dwarves. Leatherbeard leapt at him, brandishing an axe. "Ye dinnae be talkin' about me mother like that!"
As the Mime struggled to get away from the angry dwarf, the Captain came to see what all the noise was.
"Oy! I expect ye lubbers to get along on this ship! It be only the first day!" He beckoned to the quartermaster, grabbing the dwarf with one hand and the mime with the other. "Throw these boys in the brig. Mebbe then they'll learn to behave."
With that, the quartermaster dragged the two men down to the ship's depths...

Tom the Mime and Logic were tied. They cannot be targeted by actions or votes until Night 2, and they cannot use their own night actions until that time.

Player List:

#
Players
Character
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Duck999
Grey Beard

Lex-Kat
Young Nameless Wench

Logic
Leatherbeard

BasketOfPuppies
Scurvy Dogs

Zack
Zackbeard

Visor
Andre Duchamp

bladescape
Sailor of Doubt

Count Dingdong
Count Me-In

Cuthalion
Wharfcow Benji

firedaemon33
Ol' No Name

Tanar Aerdoth
Tim "Tables" Thomson

Fawkes
Jim Chumlegs

sphazre
Pete One-Eye

Askthepizzaguy
Askthepirateguy

Zar Peter
Navigator Pete

Mrs. McGinty
Dirty Derek McGinty

Sprig
Squawky Jim

Elemental

Xhosant
Tim Wok "the Plank"

Emperor DemonKing

Fleeing Coward

[TR]
Tom the Mime
Mime of Low Moral Fibre

banjo1985

Legato Endless
"Endless" the Flogger

RuneboundShade
Benjamin "Rusty" Hayes

Night 1 Begins.
It will end in approximately 48 hours, or once all night actions have been received.

Penguinator
2015-04-12, 11:33 PM
To the several of you who have not submitted night actions, you have an hour.

Edit: Night is now over. Narration to follow.

Penguinator
2015-04-13, 01:37 AM
Night 1:

Perhaps it was the Captain's ruthless nature that kept the crew at bay that night. One crew member quietly toiled to clean the cannons as another took the night off, while a few got drunk. One of the drunks traveled off on their own, ranting and raving about the Captain.
"Bloody fake pirate... Treatin' me as 'e does... Old fool... Damn 'im..."
Another crew member appeared from the shadows, shaking their head. "Ye should be more careful what'cher say in these parts."
"Pah. Ye goin' ter report me, then? Get me fired? Tossed overboard?"
The stranger shook his head. "No, I'm going to help you."
"Help... me?"
"Yes. I've got my own reasons to be on this ship. I will help you rest control from the Captain."
"Oh." He reached out to shake, "I be..."
"Nay." The stranger said, cutting off the drunk. "Not important. Remember, you have to be more careful aboard this ship."
"Oh, aye." The drunk nodded, taking another swig of the drink. "Meet 'ere again tomorrer?"
"As you say." The stranger then disappeared, leaving the drunk two wonder if the entire exchange had taken place.

No one died in the night.

Yes, deaths are a thing in this game.

Player List:

#
Players
Character
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Duck999
Grey Beard

Lex-Kat
Young Nameless Wench

Logic
Leatherbeard

BasketOfPuppies
Scurvy Dogs

Zack
Zackbeard

Visor
Andre Duchamp

bladescape
Sailor of Doubt

Count Dingdong
Count Me-In

Cuthalion
Wharfcow Benji

firedaemon33
Ol' No Name

Tanar Aerdoth
Tim "Tables" Thomson

Fawkes
Jim Chumlegs

sphazre
Pete One-Eye

Askthepizzaguy
Askthepirateguy

Zar Peter
Navigator Pete

Mrs. McGinty
Dirty Derek McGinty

Sprig
Squawky Jim

Elemental

Xhosant
Tim Wok "the Plank"

Emperor DemonKing

Fleeing Coward

[TR]
Tom the Mime
Mime of Low Moral Fibre

banjo1985

Legato Endless
"Endless" the Flogger

RuneboundShade
Benjamin "Rusty" Hayes

Day 2 Begins.
It will end in approximately 48 hours.

Tris
2015-04-13, 01:42 AM
It would seem some mutineers are getting in contact with each other or something.

Ramsus
2015-04-13, 01:45 AM
Or there were banes. Or voids. Or kills aren't 100% guaranteed to work. Or have limited uses. Or....

Visor
2015-04-13, 01:49 AM
mutiny

arrr

Tris
2015-04-13, 01:51 AM
Or there were banes. Or voids. Or kills aren't 100% guaranteed to work. Or have limited uses. Or....

I'm referring to the narration.

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-13, 01:54 AM
Recruitment.

The mutineers will attempt to persuade people to their cause, perhaps.

I am listening. But you'd better believe my price is far more than ye can afford, ye dainty soft-handed fishwives.

I didn't hear any mention o' tha sound of gold coin plinking and plattering in exchange fer services, only mere whispers in the dark.

If you don't come with a barrel full of rum and several musky sailing lads with bare chests slathered in grease, each carrying his weight in coin, I'll cut yer beard in a manner which will ensure it won't grow back.

Visor
2015-04-13, 01:59 AM
I should've made my character Fletcher Christian

Or maybe it already is!

- - - Updated - - -

I am listening. But you'd better believe my price is far more than ye can afford, ye dainty soft-handed fishwives.

this just means you've been recruited

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-13, 02:42 AM
this just means you've been recruited

There is zero chance I don't get recruited in this game, unless I'm utterly immune to it.

In which case I'll be murdered.

Hahahahhaa, just kidding. You guys will make me be the lynch loooooong before I ever get murdered for not being lynched.

*takes a swig of ale, proceeds to wreck the entire barrel, smashes it*

COME AT ME, GENTS

Visor
2015-04-13, 02:49 AM
There is zero chance I don't get recruited in this game, unless I'm utterly immune to it.

In which case I'll be murdered.

Hahahahhaa, just kidding. You guys will make me be the lynch loooooong before I ever get murdered for not being lynched.

*takes a swig of ale, proceeds to wreck the entire barrel, smashes it*

COME AT ME, GENTS

Whenever we lynch you will be correct.

Can't lose. except unvoting is difficult.

consider my vote on you

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-13, 03:01 AM
I will say this:

Delay the lynch just long enough for me to do a thing.

Day.... four perhaps.

Everyone aboard has a skill, and mine is worth utilizing before making it disappear off a plank.

Visor
2015-04-13, 03:08 AM
You mean until you can kill us all.

Ramsus
2015-04-13, 03:09 AM
Just 1/4th of us. All of us would be OP. :smalltongue:

Askthepizzaguy
2015-04-13, 03:10 AM
You mean until you can kill us all.

Actually, killing you guys would make me more powerful.

Stronger with the dark side....

banjo1985
2015-04-13, 03:13 AM
"I be votin' for Fawkes, for Chumlegs be a silly name, so it be! And a yar for good measure too."

Bigger-Than-Medium-Dave-But-Not-As-Big-As-Big-Dave-Dave finds a bottle of grog, only to throw it overboard when it turns out it's empty.

"Why is the rum always gone?"

((Watching Pizzaguy with a beady eye. Do we even know if there's recruitment in this game? It would make sense I guess.))

Visor
2015-04-13, 03:15 AM
banjo

Soul read wolf. You don't fool me.