PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Deal IC 4: The Fourth One

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Hazuki
2015-03-17, 02:56 PM
"Maybe." Tirai answers, but her expression tells Tulip that it's a very far-off maybe, and one that would come with a good deal of conditions even if it were to turn out positively.

Lance, upon realizing that Tulip wants her to let out the door, soon shuffles over and leaves the house with the eager Petal in tow. The sky is getting ever darker, but it doesn't present a problem for the pair's keen eyes as they make their way over to the meadow. The changeling seems lost as ever about what to do, however.

~

"Fine, whatever." Ria grumbles, as she gets to her feet and stalks across the room. Qui seems slightly disappointed that Ria is leaving already, and instead settles for smiling and staring at the blood-drawing bite wound on her arm. The catwoman follows the vampire down to the meeting room, then props herself up on the nearest piece of furniture. She somehow still doesn't seem very pleased.

~

"And most of those years were spent in a featureless expanse, correct?" Mithra asks, leaning on her palm. "I'd dare say that your wonder at the world is still in its youth."

Archmage1
2015-03-17, 03:00 PM
Tulip smiles happily at Tirai's word, not minding the implied wait.(After all, she has other fun things to do)
"Yay! It'll be lots of fun! Thank you!"
She quickly hugs Tirai, before following Lance out, waving goodbye as she went. Once she was outside, she cheerfully leads Lance to the meadow, merrily chatting about the things she sees along the way. Once there, she finds a good spot to watch, sitting on a branch of a tree overhanging the meadow.
"Do you want to try to summon something? Then I can try to help!"

Raunchel
2015-03-17, 03:00 PM
"So, how do you feel Ria? Are you feeling better now that you no longer have that stupid slave around?"

PersonMan
2015-03-17, 03:01 PM
"Not featureless," Dilaa replies, shaking her head. "The city was far from that. The desert isn't much to look at, but I was only there for a month or two, at most."

Hazuki
2015-03-18, 08:51 AM
Lance nods her head, then pauses for a moment as her mark starts to glow again. "Oh...I should t-tell you that I can only summon a little every day. E-Eight normal monsters a day is the most I've managed... She warns the Petal. "But I haven't done any today, so I h-hope that's fine..."

With that, she holds her hands out slightly and focuses. The mark on her forehead glows brighter, rustling the strands of hair that surround it, before an amorphous white blob appear just before her in the meadow. It shifts rapidly before her, before forming a silhouette that shimmers before revealing a whole creature. A gaudy badger sits before her. Its otherwise white fur is a shimmering silver, while the black stripes seem to be crafted finely out of malleable obsidian. Even the otherwise grey fur that covers the rest of its body seems to shimmer and ripple, waving in the wind like the most luxurious fur there has ever been.

"I-It normally stays for a minute..."

~

Ria taps her fingers on the cabinet she's leaning against and blows a few locks of hair out of her eyes, while her tail gives sharp flicks behind her. Were it not for her loose kimono, she'd have had to cut a hole in her outfit.

"It's nice, I guess. Where are the drinks?"

~

"I'm surprised you'd have had time to visit anywhere, considering the arena you were confined to." Mithra remarks. "I saw it when we were in the settlement, and it didn't seem like you'd have had a great many freedoms to exploit."

Raunchel
2015-03-18, 08:55 AM
"They're in the sitting room, where I planned on receiving you. But there also are a few things that I want to discuss.", Yildiz answers, heading downstairs.

Archmage1
2015-03-18, 09:22 AM
Tulip smiles kindly at Lance.
"It'll be plenty!"
She watches, fascinated, as Lance summons the wonderful badger.
"He's wonderful! And really pretty!"
She flies down, and tries to gently touch his fur, to feel it, smiling, and complimenting him in badger.

After he vanishes, she flies over to Lance, smiling cheerfully.
"That was really nice! Thank you! He was really nice too! I think I know how you can get better too! Make sure you have the image of what you want to summon before you start really focusing on it. That way, you don't get the indecisive blob, and it takes less energy, because you're not opening a link for as long! It should help! Once you're ready, do you want to try again? Or would you like to hear a song? Or see something nice? I could show you my garden?"

Hazuki
2015-03-18, 09:24 AM
"More walking. That's just what I need." Ria groans, as she lazily descends the stairs just behind Yildiz and scratches at her head. "There's got to be an easier way to move around than this..." When they do finally reach the sitting room, she immediately curls up on the comfiest chair available.

~

Lance absorbs Tulip's advice with a nod of her head, but then her pale eyes glaze over at the mention of entirely different things. "Ehm...what?"

Archmage1
2015-03-18, 09:28 AM
Tulip continues smiling happily.
"I could put on a show for you, so you could have fun, and watch, and listen, and rest, so you're not as tired? Or we could just continue?"
Tulip's smile remains, but she seems happy to wait for Lance's decision, either way.

Hazuki
2015-03-18, 10:00 AM
"Umm...okay." Lance nods warily in agreement, then shuffles back to find a comfortable place to sit. This turns out to be her satchel, given the lack of any non-ground based seats.

Raunchel
2015-03-18, 10:08 AM
Yildiz hops onto a high chair, she hardly ever has any decently sized chairs for her, and if she is honest, she hates those children seats, they make her look so small. And she loves sitting as high as possible, it makes her feel big. She looks at Ria, and leans back. Which is quite far, given the size of the chair. Further than she had expected.

"There should be one, I guess. But that is kept by those stupid mages who are so annoying. It's really unfair. But one night we will get them, and then all of their stupid tricks will be ours."

Archmage1
2015-03-18, 10:08 AM
Tulip smiles, and looks really happy.
"Yaay! Would you like to hear a song? Or would you like to see something nice? Or both?"
While she speaks, she produces a lovely harp, inlaid with silver and gold, sized for her, and quickly tunes it.

Hazuki
2015-03-18, 10:23 AM
"Oh, that. That reminds me of something I was going to ask." Ria replies, apparently too busy finding herself a comfortable position in her sprawling to be bothered by the high chair. "You hate mages, but you're magic. What's up with that?"

~

"Do you know Aria Omega?" Lance asks, looking over at the Petal with curious eyes. "I-It was one of my favorites..."

Archmage1
2015-03-18, 10:40 AM
Tulip nods happily.
"I do! It's where I learned about pirates!"

Quickly looking for a good spot, she soon lands in Lance's lap, and starts singing, her fingers dancing across her delicate harp, expertly complimenting her singing, her lovely voice making it a truly extraordinary performance.(Sorry, not much of a music person)
(32 in perform: sing and string)

After about five minutes, Tulip's lovely voice fades to a close, and the last few notes seem to echo in the meadow. Tulip looks happily up at Lance.
"Did you like it? I think I did it right?"

Raunchel
2015-03-18, 10:43 AM
Yildiz looks a little surprised, but quickly recovers: "I'm not really magic, I'm just a little dead. I hate it that they have all those tricks, those are really cheating. So, I hate them and want to feed them their own tongues."

Hazuki
2015-03-18, 10:59 AM
Lance seems positively entranced by Tulip's performance, even almost falling off of the edge of her satchel at one point, and she's even smiling by the end of it. "Th-That's the best I've ever heard it played..." She says, eyes wide in awe of the Petal.

~

"You are so magic. You've got magic coming out of your ears." Ria counters with, as she stretches out her arms. "You can turn into smoke, you can regenerate wounds, you can force people to do what you want just by looking at them, you can summon animals out of nowhere, and you'd barely get bruised by a massive sword. That's magic."

Archmage1
2015-03-18, 11:09 AM
When Lance slips, the agile petal somehow manages to not mess up, although it was close for her. After she finishes, Tulip smiles cheerfully at Lance's compliment, although she does blush.
"Aw... thank you! I tried to do it right! I'm glad you liked it. I haven't gotten to play much lately, and it's really fun! Do you want to hear another song, or would you like to try practicing summoning more?"
Tulip's fingers hover near her harp as she watches Lance.

Raunchel
2015-03-18, 11:38 AM
"Meh, those are just some little things. Not like those mages. And I can't even do everything you listed, because they have these stupid spells. And swords really hurt you know, have you ever had one of those in your head? It's not nice at all.", Yildiz indicates a line over the top of her head, where she once had a longsword lodged. "And besides, there are lots of things that I can't do. Like going outside during the day, or eating candy. I really miss candy you know? It was so nice and sweet. I hate it. It's so unfair that people can eat it, but I can't."

PersonMan
2015-03-18, 11:45 AM
"Well, for most of my life I couldn't. But then, for a while, I had a few more possibilities. I just...didn't, most of the time," Dilaa says, shrugging. "I was different, then. Closer to how I am now, but still very different."

Hazuki
2015-03-19, 08:55 AM
"U-Umm, it would be fun to hear more music, but I should practice, or it will get dark and we won't have done anything to make me better..." Lance replies somewhat sheepishly.

~

"There's a spell for that." Ria points out, running her hands through her messy hair until it's all out of her eyes. "It makes you partially alive again for a little, so that could make you taste candy again. And cake. It's really expensive, though."

~

"Indeed. Your hair has grown longer, for example." Mithra smirks. "Is there anything else you'd like to discuss?"

Archmage1
2015-03-19, 08:58 AM
Tulip looks a little disappointed, but she nods, smiling, and takes off once more, hovering near Lance's head.
"Aw.. ok! What do you want to summon this time?"

Raunchel
2015-03-19, 09:11 AM
Yildiz suddenly looks really excited, but quickly gets herself back under control: "That sounds fascinating, but again the stupid mages keep it all to themselves, like they always do. Only use their little spells to hurt me. And I can't pay for it. But maybe I could steal it from them? If I learned how to do it of course."

Hazuki
2015-03-19, 09:46 AM
"U-Um...I don't know." Lance shrugs her shoulders. "I don't, um, summon normal ones excepty for practice, and then it's always the badger..."

~

"You couldn't afford it? With all the gear you're carrying?" Ria scoffs. "If you'd even want to cast it yourself, scrolls of that level really don't cost much. Three thousand gold pieces, maybe? I don't know the exact spell, but I'd guess in that area."

Archmage1
2015-03-19, 09:50 AM
Tulip smiles at Lance.
"What do you normally summon? Are they nice too?"

Raunchel
2015-03-19, 10:10 AM
"I don't have much in the way of money, and these things I carry, I need them. To survive. There are so many who are hunting me. Liquid assets have always been difficult for me, I'm not in a position to do business with most people, as you can probably see. And well, I still don't want to go around giving all my things to some annoying mage.", Yildiz looks like her normal self again, smiling as the happy girl that she pretends to be. "And even then, there's still the little thing of them having all these spells, with which they hurt me. I don't like that. To be honest, I hate it. And I want the power to do something about it. Which you, incidentally, happen to have. Teach it to me, please? Pretty please with cherries and booze on top?"

PersonMan
2015-03-19, 02:04 PM
Dilaa wants to reply with a comment about how she didn't mean that sort of change, but just smiles as Mithra changes the topic. "I didn't have anything specific in mind, actually, I just wanted to have another talk, since we haven't really taken some time to just talk for a while," she replies, shrugging.

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 11:35 AM
Lance faces Tulip with a slight frown. "Weren't you there when Dilaa was helping train us?"

~

"Ehh..." Ria rolls her eyes. "Maybe later."

~

"I see." Mithra nods. "You must be missing the time we spent traipsing through the wilderness."

Archmage1
2015-03-20, 11:40 AM
Tulip nods.
"I was, but I thought you might have summoned something special for Dilaa. Do you want to summon another badger then? To see if my advice helps?"

Raunchel
2015-03-20, 11:52 AM
Yildiz feels her annoyance rise again, why doesn't anyone ever do what she wants them to? It's just not fair, and she can't even look at them to make them. It's just not fair. Not fair at all. She feels a strong urge to leap at Ria and to claw her throat out, but she can suppress it. She is reasonably good at it, she hasn't killed outof pure anger in quite a while, at least, not anyone she could use, the others weren't really anyone, right?

She keeps her nice look on her face: "So, what do you want to do?"

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 12:45 PM
"It was nice, in its own way," Dilaa replies, nodding. "It's good that you're healed and more comfortable, but I must admit that I enjoy travel to sitting," she says with a smile. "I assume you don't?"

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 01:01 PM
"I-If you want." Lance nods, taking the time for her mark to start glowing again before she summons another badger. This one comes out a little more quickly, as it forms an amorphous silhouette as opposed to a blob.

~

"I want to drink and snuggle." Ria groans out between shifting in her chair. "Gimme a hug."

~

"I prefer whatever lets me learn more, as both of our journeys did. One through it making me not-dead, the other through lore recovered." Mithra replies.

Archmage1
2015-03-20, 01:05 PM
Tulip smiles, and claps, as she sees the improvement.
"Yaay! You did better that time! And you got another lovely badger! Was it easier?"
Tulip flies over, so she was in Lance's field of view.

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 01:12 PM
Dilaa nods. "So, normally, travel would be better, no? Unless you're also doing something else here..." she pauses briefly, realizing that her assumption that Mithra is doing nothing but speaking to her may not be the case at all, given all of her magical ability. "If that's not the case, then it'd be better to travel, since there's at least the chance of learning more or running into something. Assuming you don't care for knowing the layout of Garmine better."

Raunchel
2015-03-20, 01:13 PM
Yildiz wonders what this means, she hates being touched, but then again, Ria has something that she wants. And perhaps, perhaps she can take a little sip. So, she hops down and makes her way over to Ria, and hopping onto her seat.

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 01:17 PM
Lance nods as she catches her breath. "A little bit easier...I think I just need to practice..."

~

"You might think so, but there is a reason for the archetypal wizard's tower." Mithra replies. "It's very possible to turn from a novice to a master just by sitting in a tower, so long as you have enough materials and problems to solve. On one hand, it could last longer. On the other, you can never be certain of your progress while traveling - encounters are purely by chance, which can make your learning very sporadic."

~

Ria reaches over and pulls Yidiz into her lap for adorable cuddling.

Archmage1
2015-03-20, 01:30 PM
Tulip smiles, looking quite excited.
"Practice can be lots of fun! Do you want to keep practicing now? I could sing another song or two, or show you my garden! It'll be lots of fun!"

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 01:51 PM
"I meant as a place to be speaking," Dilaa replies. "Walking through Garmine and having a conversation, versus sitting here having one. Not in general."

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 02:17 PM
Lance proceeds to cast three more summons of the badger, each one coming more quickly, until the last one barely seems to take breath out of her. Smiling just a little, the changeling turns to Tulip. "I-I should go and tell Cerise!"

~

"Right now, I believe I should get back to work." Mithra answers. "As much as I enjoy your company, Dilaa, I have promised Kulaas my aid in a new spell she's trying to learn."

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 02:22 PM
Dilaa nods, standing as Mithra mentions having promised to help Kulaas. "Of course. I wouldn't want to keep you from upholding your word," she says, smiling. Even if she thought Kulaas was too volatile and hostile to be a potential friend, she didn't want to sabotage her opinion of Mithra, nor did she want to make the mage seem less reliable than she is. "Can we speak again tomorrow?"

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 02:24 PM
"Of course." Mithra nods, standing up as well. "Goodbye for now, Dilaa."

Archmage1
2015-03-20, 02:45 PM
Tulip continues to smile cheerfully, and congratulates Lance as she practices. After Lance finishes, Tulip hugs her, to try to show her happiness.
"Ok! You're doing lots better than I would have been! Do you mind if I come with you? It'll be fun to say hi to Cerise again! Or I could go and tell Tirai how you went, and see if she has any other ideas!"

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 02:49 PM
"I dunno...it's getting pretty late, Tulip." Lance points out. "Maybe we can just all meet up tomorrow?"

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 02:51 PM
Leaving Mithra's office with a final farewell, Dilaa steps back into the open air and closes her eyes to enjoy the fresh air. The decision swirls in her mind - whether to find the Acolytes and see if she can share Webb's companionship again, or if she would look for Noble and have the simple comfort of a friend's warmth in her arms. Not that Webb wasn't a friend, but spending the night with her would mean something more than a literal sleeping partner. After some consideration, she decides to head over to the recently-built dwelling for the Acolytes, approaching it and knocking if it seems like someone is there.

"Good evening," she says, smiling, once someone opens the door (if anyone does so).

Archmage1
2015-03-20, 02:51 PM
Tulip thinks about that for a bit, before she nods.
"I think we can do that! I'll find you when the sun's up again?"

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 02:54 PM
"Okay." Lance nods, as she starts to walk off towards Garmine and the slums.

~

Dilaa has to wait for a few moments before the door opens, revealing Lyria standing there - still in her full armor, and somehow looking not so tired, just like after she woke up from their trip to the Fey Realm. "Hello."

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 02:58 PM
"Is Webb h-well, I imagine she's here. Is she awake?" Dilaa asks, realizing halfway through her original question that it was unlikely that the dwarf would be somewhere else this late.

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 03:00 PM
"I don't know." Lyria answers, staring back at Dilaa. "What are you planning to talk about?"

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 03:22 PM
Briefly, Dilaa wonders if Lyria's question is a legitimate one, but then she spots the glint in the ranger's eyes that betrays her true motive, and smiles. Why not reply with her own little trick?

"Well, after the earlier training I've been wanting to teach her some things I learned back in the South," she replies, keeping her face as serious as she can. "Although, now that I'm considering it more...you might be able to benefit from them as well. Would you like to join us? I'm sure I could manage teaching both of you at once? " She asks, smiling.

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 03:25 PM
"No thanks. I took an oath of celibacy." Lyria replies flatly.

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 03:38 PM
Dilaa nods, trying to present a front of understanding. "I see," she begins, then offers the ranger a smile. "In that case, I will present you with no further temptation and simply request to enter and be shown to where I can find Webb," she says. A moment later, she adds "Though it is a shame, you are a charming one."

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 03:41 PM
"Up the stairs, first door on the left." Lyria says, stepping aside and pointing at the stairs. "Try not to hump the paintings on your way up. They're shy."

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 03:51 PM
Dilaa nods, entering the house and looking over to the stairs. It seems completely different now, with neither a hole in its ceiling or entirely empty rooms. She likes the feeling it has. "I see. I'll do my best," she says in response to Lyria's final comment, raising an eyebrow at the ranger before speaking again. "Though it may help if you give me some better directions. Sending me to your room isn't necessary, unless I've missed something," the warrior says with a wink.

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 03:53 PM
Lyria stares at Dilaa for a moment, then shakes her head. "Sorry. I meant the first door on the right."

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 03:57 PM
Dilaa simply raises an eyebrow, crosses her arms and inclines her head somewhat, as if to say really? to the ranger.

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 03:58 PM
"Urgh, fine." Lyria folds her arms and heads to the kitchen. "Last one on the left."

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 04:02 PM
Dilaa nods, smiling. "Thank you, Lyria," she says, then heads up the stairs and goes to the last room on the left, knocking on it lightly. Keeping her voice low enough to hopefully not disturb any of the already-sleeping Acolytes, but loud enough that the dwarf should be able to hear her, Dilaa speaks. "Webb?"

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 04:04 PM
There's some rumbling from inside the room, followed by padding footsteps and the door creaking open to reveal Blackeye's head - complete with a thin sheen of sweat. "Other side of the hall." She replies, slightly out of breath.

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 04:08 PM
"My apologies," Dilaa replies, switching to Draconic - why not, after all? - and frowning. "I guess Lyria managed to get me with the third set of wrong directions," she adds, then gives a brief bow before turning to the other side of the hall, where she repeats her earlier process.

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 04:13 PM
The door soon opens to reveal Webb, wrapped up in a blanket. "Hey, Dils." The dwarf greets her with a green. "What's goin' on?"

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 04:27 PM
"I've found myself in a precarious situation," Dilaa replies. "I lost a magical crystal that kept me safe from the elements, and now I'm freezing in this northern cold. So I've come to you, the only one who could rescue me from an icy death," she says, performing a brief over-dramatic bow. Her tone is as melodramatic as she can make it, and she puts a hand on her chest as she continues. "Please, help me survive this icy northern night."

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 04:31 PM
Webb smirks and steps aside. "Do come in." She says, waiting for Dilaa to step inside before closing the door and putting her hands on her sides. "But I'd, uh, best warn you before you want to get too warm. The Red Knight has requested lodging." She informs her, as she sits on the edge of the bed.

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 04:55 PM
Dilaa enters the room with a smile. "Worry not," she says, stepping in to give the dwarf a brief hug. "Sharing your bed is enough to keep me warm, with or without the usual implications."

Hazuki
2015-03-20, 04:57 PM
"Indubitably." Webb responds, adjusting an imaginary monocle after she returns the hug. "I hope you don't expect much talk, because I was about ready to go to sleep."

PersonMan
2015-03-20, 05:08 PM
"I'm ready to sleep as well," Dilaa replies with a nod.

Archmage1
2015-03-20, 08:09 PM
As Lance leaves, Tulip cheerfully waves goodbye, before she starts looking for a nice place to close her eyes.

Raunchel
2015-03-21, 10:57 AM
Yildiz finds being cuddled relaxing, and not just because it usually leads to feeding. It gives her a feeling of power, and perhaps even more importantly, confirms that she is important. She however does not bite, she can't. But she remains where she was, until Ria falls asleep.

Then she slips free and heads into her basement, gives Riff-Raff a kick and goes to her coffin, she feels tired, and thinks about how she will redecorate. She will have to get some nice statues and the like, perhaps a few skeletons on the walls and an ornate marble tomb, with herself carved on top of it.

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 09:17 AM
The warrior lays with the dwarf, and many cuddles are had. Dilaa's peaceful rest is only disturbed when, just as sunlight is starting to crest the horizon, there's a sharp and ragged scream from downstairs. Even as her warrior's reflexes force her to sit up, she realizes that Webb hasn't woken up.

~

Tulip finds a pleasant cluster of leaves to rest her head in - and a tree that was wiling to usher her into sleep with a long, long tale about every sunset it's ever seen. She has a long and restful sleep that is only disturbed when she feels the branch her bed sits on starts to shake, and she can hear light breaths stalking up to her unconscious form.

~

Ria quite happily falls asleep with Yildiz in her arms, and Riff-Raff lets out the most amusing squeak when she kicks him. Yildiz only gets a few hours of sleep before she's disturbed by knocking at her door, followed by the Reveal of a surprisingly energetic Ria who wants to complain about Qui grooming her while she was asleep. It only takes a short time to turn this complaint into something profitable, as Yildiz convinces her to begin her training.

It takes twelve hours before Ria finds that she doesn't want to train any more, and stalks off to yell at Qui to find her cake and alcohol, but by that point, the intelligent vampire has picked up a good deal of spell-thievery and integrated it with what she already knows. Then, there's a knock at the door.

You get two!

Archmage1
2015-03-22, 09:23 AM
Happy, warm, and comfy, Tulip is happy to sleep on the tree, looking quite peacefully content as she snoozes. When she feels the shaking, she snuggles up even more, but when she hears the breathing get closer, she decides that it was time to open her eyes, and she does so, and looks around.

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 09:25 AM
Tulip's eyes flicker open to reveal a silver-scaled dragon just about to go from watching-range to wrapping-its-jaw-around-her-head range, as it skulks towards her. Its silver scales seem familiar.

Archmage1
2015-03-22, 09:31 AM
Spotting the dragon, Tulip sits up, smiling, and waves.
"Hi!"

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 09:34 AM
"Mithra wants you." The dragon replies almost immediately after Tulip has sat up.

Archmage1
2015-03-22, 09:46 AM
Tulip looks sad.
"Aw... but I said I was going to go and find Lance after the sun got up, and it's up! Will Lance be there?"

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 09:47 AM
Kulaas stares at Tulip for a few moments, then shakes her head. "I'm just going to say no."

Archmage1
2015-03-22, 09:49 AM
Tulip looks really sad.
"But... I said I would find her! Can I visit her first, and then visit Mithra? Please?"
Tulip looks at Kulaas, clearly very hopeful.

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 09:51 AM
"If you want?" Kulaas answers somewhat uncertainly. "I'm not your mom."

Archmage1
2015-03-22, 10:02 AM
Tulip smiles happily.
"Yaay! Thank you! Do you want to come too? We can go and visit their house, and see if she's there!"

PersonMan
2015-03-22, 02:48 PM
Dilaa rises quickly, jumping out of the bed and shaking Webb awake as she puts on her clothes hastily. "It isn't normal that someone is screaming downstairs, is it?" She thinks to ask before grabbing her weapon.

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 02:55 PM
Kulaas glances warily at Garmine. "I guess."

~

Webb groans as Dilaa shakes her awake. "It's just Lyria." She mumbles sleepily.

PersonMan
2015-03-22, 03:00 PM
"Lyria...screams in the morning?" Dilaa asks, setting her weapon back down, the adrenaline pumping through her making her feel uneasy standing still. She shifts about somewhat, not sure if she can just lie back down after what had torn her from her sleep.

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 03:05 PM
"Sometimes." Webb replies, lifting her head from her pillow.

PersonMan
2015-03-22, 03:17 PM
Dilaa releases a long, slow sigh, sitting down to calm herself, soothing the feral expectation of violence that had risen in her. "I see," she says, cross-legged on the floor. "I...think I'll be staying up. I don't think I can go back to sleep after that, at least not yet."

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 03:23 PM
Webb shifts in the bed to get a better view of Dilaa and raises her eyebrow. "So you're just going to...sit on the floor?"

PersonMan
2015-03-22, 03:33 PM
"For a few moments, yes," Dilaa replies, smiling and looking up to Webb. "It's the best way to calm down after something like that. It can be...a bit difficult, for me to shake off the expectation of bloodshed."

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 03:38 PM
Webb smiles back. "Alright. Have fun, babe." She says, then turns over in the bed and wraps herself up in blankets.

Raunchel
2015-03-22, 04:19 PM
Yildiz sits in her sitting room when there is a knock on the door. She sends Cross to open it for her, she can't go around opening doors herself, and it makes for a nice task for the dhampir. Which reminds her, she should figure out what she wants sometime soon.

Hazuki
2015-03-22, 04:31 PM
Cross nods and is swiftly off to answer the door, returning shortly and clearing her throat. "It's a gnome woman named Elis. She wishes to enter." The middle-aged dhampier's remarkably soft voice informs her.

Archmage1
2015-03-22, 05:40 PM
Tulip smiles, clearly, quite happy to hear Kulaa's entheusiastic agreement.
"Yaay! Let's go!"
Smiling happily, Tulip sets out towards the houses she helped Dilaa help Navigator build, looking quite cheerful. As she flies along, she tries to start up a conversation with Kulaas.
"Have you been having fun? Mithra said you'd found something fun to do!"

Raunchel
2015-03-23, 06:44 AM
Yildiz would have sighed, but there was no more air left in her lungs. She occasionally forgets to breathe in again, now that it's not strictly necessary anymore. She hates Elis. Perhaps even more so than she hates some other people. "Show her in, I will receive her."

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 11:40 AM
"Fun enough, I guess." Kulaas replies after a few moments of thinking.

~

Cross gives a respectful nod, then departs for the front door. Soon after, Yildiz spots the familiar form of Elis walking into her sitting room, with the same little smile on her lips that she had in all their past meetings. "Good morning, Yildiz. This home is very yours."

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 11:45 AM
Flying cheerfully along, Tulip looks a little sad at Kulaas's words.
"Aw... you don't sound like you've been having fun. "
However, after a few seconds of silence, she thinks of a solution, and presents it with all her usual cheer and excitement, her smile full of cheer.
"We could go on an adventure! Those are always lots of fun! That way, you'd have lots of fun!"

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 11:49 AM
"I don't know if I'd do well on an adventure..." Kulaas responds, eyes drifting to the horizon. "The savage would be there, and normal people don't like dragons scuttling around."

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 11:59 AM
Tulip continues to smile merrily at Kulaas.
"But it'd be lots of fun, and I'm sure you'd do well! Everyone likes dragons, because you're really pretty and colorful and sparkly!"
After a moment, giving herself time to think about what Kulaas had said, Tulip asks the question on her mind.
"But... who's the savage?"

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 12:00 PM
"Dilaa." Kulaas answers, like the name makes her want to throw up.

Raunchel
2015-03-23, 12:03 PM
"Thank you, but please, be seated. If there is anything you need, just ask Cross.", Yildiz answers, playing the part of hostess, one of the things that she hasn't really practiced for quite a while. "But there still are some improvements that I wish to make, mostly on the artistic side. But I don't expect that you came to visit me just to admire my little dollhouse?"

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 12:05 PM
Tulip looks really confused, coming to a stop for a moment before she realizes she was falling, and starting to fly along again.
"She's really nice, and she saves people! Why do you think she is a savage?"

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 12:12 PM
Elis hums a little tune once Yildiz has finished her introduction, as she sits down on one of the chairs and makes herself comfortable. "I've just come to visit you. It's nice to see that you are doing well. Are you pleased to see me?"

~

"Because she's mean!" Kulaas responds almost immediately, with a growl to her voice. "She aggravates me on purpose, and then gets mad when I hit back and does it more!"

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 12:14 PM
Tulip continues to look confused, almost stunned.
"But... she's always been really nice to me? Did something else happen? I'm sure she's sorry about the disagreement you had in her dream!"

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 12:17 PM
"And she did it the other day." Kulaas scowls.

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 12:20 PM
Tulip looks concerned, but her confusion seems to be lifting as she flies with Kulaas.
"Something else happened? I'm sure she didn't mean to be mean! She's always been really nice!"

Raunchel
2015-03-23, 12:21 PM
"Very pleased, it always is a pleasant surprise to be visited by a friend.", Yildiz answers, smiling as always. "But how are you doing?"

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 12:26 PM
"No, she hasn't!" Kulaas snaps. "And you know it! You were there!"

~

"I am as I am." Elis answers, looking over at Yiliz with her large red eyes. "Do you have plans?"

Raunchel
2015-03-23, 12:29 PM
"Not really", she replies, letting some boredom slip in. She actually is bored now that she thinks of it, and she wants to really hurt someone, not just a little kick, but a proper stabbing or cutting. "I'm just settling in really."

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 12:34 PM
"Would you like to stab some orcs?" Elis asks, as casual as anything.

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 12:36 PM
Tulip looks sad, almost disappointed as she continues.
"Aw... but maybe an adventure would help you two to become friends? That would be really nice!"

Raunchel
2015-03-23, 12:38 PM
Yildiz day just became a whole lot better, and she answers with obvious mirth in her voice: "That would be a lot of fun! Where are they?"

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 12:40 PM
"She'd have to stop being a bitch." Kulaas replies. "And she won't want me there anyway, so whatever."

~

"In Khorvaire. The Shadow Marches, more specifically; where they all live." Elis answers, smiling back at the vampire child. "I have no more information. Mithra has that, and says you will get to kill and steal."

Raunchel
2015-03-23, 12:43 PM
"Then I think that I should call on her soon. Did she happen to say anything else?"

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 12:44 PM
Tulip seems disappointed by Kulaa's words.
"Awww..."
Her voice is low, and sad, but she continues heading towards Lance's home. She almost seems like she wanted to talk a few times, but each time, she falls silent, looking sad.

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 12:46 PM
"That you still can't stab her." Elis says, amused. "But that's all. And I can go now." She starts to get to her feet.

~

Tulip soon arrives at Lance's house, while Kulaas perches on a collection of crates nearby. A rap on the door soon bears fruit, and reveals Cerise, fully dressed even at this time of morning.

"Good morning, Tulip. Do come in. Have you had breakfast yet?" The half-elf asks, gesturing for the Petal to come inside.

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 12:50 PM
Tulip smiles, happy to see Cerise.
"Hi Cerise!"
At Cerise's invitation, she nods, and looks over at Kulaas.
"Do you want to come too, Kulaas?"
However, when Cerise continues, Tulip turns back to her, and looks almost excited.
"I forgot about breakfast! I woke up, and Kulaas was there, and I was going to meet Lance..."

Raunchel
2015-03-23, 12:52 PM
"Well, thank you for your visit, it was nice to have a friend here."

After Elis leaves she turns to Cross: "I will call on Mithra, but I don't know how long I will be away. Can you look after the house for me? And keep Ria from destroying too much? Especially Qui, I don't want any of you to be hurt."

Hazuki
2015-03-23, 12:54 PM
Kulaas shakes her head at the Petal.

"Then you may have some with us." Cerise continues to smile. "Lance is just inside, starting to eat hers. It's just the two of us and Lexi, so you needn't worry about the others."

~

Cross nods her head when Yildiz gives her instruction. "I shall do what I can." She answers somberly.

Raunchel
2015-03-23, 12:57 PM
And with that Yildiz is off. She is still dressed in her usual black, and brings her whole armory with her. She looks forwards to it, she likes the taste of Orc, and it just is so much fun to make them squeel. She weaves through the crowds, heading over to Mithra's office.

Archmage1
2015-03-23, 12:57 PM
Tulip smiles at Kulaas, and waves as she heads inside, before she turns her smile to Cerise.
"Yaay! Thank you! Breakfast is really yummy, and I'm hungry too!"
She looks around, planning to follow Cerise to the dining room, looking forward to yummy things for breakfast.

PersonMan
2015-03-23, 03:31 PM
After some time, Dilaa rises, quickly putting on her cloak and retrieving her weapon. She considers waking Webb, but instead simply gives the dwarf a kiss on her forehead before leaving, doing her best to not disturb her sleep. Once in the hall she heads downstairs, wondering if Lyria's scream earlier meant that she was already awake, or if she had gone back to bed as well.

Hazuki
2015-03-24, 02:14 AM
Yildiz goes through the usual procedure for having a meeting with Mithra, and interacting with the authorities of Garmine in general. A brief and slightly tense meeting with the guards of the meeting, followed by approval from Mithra, then being escorted all the way up to her office before being allowed inside. When Yildiz enters, she can see the large and well-done painting of Dilaa that sits on the wall behind Mithra's desk. The mage is present, in her cloak as always, with an easel facing her while she faces the door.

"Good morning, Yildiz. Please, take a seat." Mithra urges her, gesturing to the comfortable seat that faces the back of her canvas. The little paintbrush floating at waist-height beside her mimics the motion.

~

The dining room is comfortably decorated, and filled with the scents of cooking. Unfortunately, meat is among those scents, as Lance stands near a crackling fire in a set of fairly ragged pajamas. Lexi is also present, in a suitably gothic nightgown, while Morty, Oin, and Gloin are perched in various spots all over the dining room/kitchen.

"I thought you were eating yours?" Cerise asks, as she sits down at the head of the table, near the ravenous halfling who's devouring her own plate. The only empty place with a plate seems to be Lance's, as its contents have only been nibbled upon, and lacks the meat that's being cooked.

"It wasn't cooked enough." Lance answers easily. "I've never liked proper meat. It needs to be charred and salted and things."

~

Dilaa spots Lyria as she comes down the stairs, through a doorway into the back garden that Tulip created. The ranger is sitting down, and seems to be fletching more bolts for her crossbow. She looks like she hasn't had any sleep.

The warrior can also smell breakfast in the air, coming from the kitchen, along with a conversation that involves the familiar voice of Tulip.

Raunchel
2015-03-24, 05:07 AM
As always the authorities are tedious, but Yildiz keeps the reward in her mind, she really has to hurt someone. She hops onto the seat that she is offered, for some reason hardly anyone has them made to fit her. Not that she minds of course, she likes being as high up as possible, to feel bigger than she is. She looks at the painting. "Good morning to you too. That is a most extraordinary painting, is it your own work?"

Archmage1
2015-03-24, 05:59 AM
Tulip looks slightly sick as she smells the meat, but she tries to be polite, and looks for some fruit, or nuts, or bread to munch on, planning on finding an open spot on the table to munch, and chat. Once she does so, she smiles cheerfully as she munches, and talks.
"Hi everyone! Berries and nuts are much yummier than meat! It makes me feel sick! But you like it, so maybe it doesn't make you feel sick?"
She looks a little unclear as she smiles at them. Also, a little green.

PersonMan
2015-03-24, 04:09 PM
For a moment, Dilaa considers going outside, speaking to the ranger and asking her about her troubles. Then her mind returns to their conversation in the past - not just Lyria's wish for her to not ask about her issues, but also her apparent inability to stop lying. Instead of pursuing that line of conversation, which will likely tell her little that she doesn't already know, the warrior decides to go see what had brought Tulip to the Acolytes' abode. Heading into the kitchen, she greets those present with a smile and small wave. "Good morning," she says.

Archmage1
2015-03-24, 04:40 PM
Spotting Dilaa, Tulip turns and smiles at her.
"Hi Dilaa! Do you want breakfast too?"

Hazuki
2015-03-24, 04:57 PM
"Of course." Mithra answers, as she plucks the paintbrush from the air and dips it in a small pot of paint. "Just two days ago, in fact."

~

The present Acolytes each greet Dilaa individually, though Lance's obviously quieter.

PersonMan
2015-03-24, 05:06 PM
Dilaa returns the greetings of the Acolytes, giving a half-nod at Tulip's question. "If it's no trouble, I wouldn't mind eating."

Raunchel
2015-03-24, 05:10 PM
"It is beautiful", Yildiz reples, I must confess that I had not expected such a fine work. But I assume that you did not invite me here to admire your art.

Hazuki
2015-03-24, 05:20 PM
"Will you be able to cook another breakfast for Dilaa, Lance?" Cerise softly asks the changeling, who merely nods her head.

~

"I didn't." Mithra gives the paintbrush a stroke against her canvas. "I've planned a visit to the Shadow Marches, where an acquaintance is having difficulty with a rising warlord. I think that now would be an excellent time to visit, and I'm going to invite your group."

Raunchel
2015-03-24, 05:31 PM
"That sounds very interesting, will it be a long trip? I do have my responsibilities here, I have my own household now."

Archmage1
2015-03-24, 06:01 PM
Smiling happily, although a little disappointed at being ignored by the acolytes, Tulip continues her munching of delicious things.
She waits for Lance to depart to cook, meaning to ask her about Tirai.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 08:56 AM
"I'm sure it will manage without you." Mithra assures the vampire, as she makes a few more paint strokes. "I can't say for certain how long it will take, but I have arranged for teleportation both there and back. Which should cut travel times significantly. I don't imagine it would take any more than a week."

~

Unfortunately for Tulip, the kitchen is combined with the dining room, and Lance is cooking just across the room from her. Before she can fly over, Lexi reaches over with outstretched hands. "Tuuuulip!" The tattoed halfling grins. "You look sooooo pretty today!"

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 09:10 AM
Tulip smiles happily at the compliment, as it successfully distracts her from the imminently grasping hands.
"Aw... thanks, Lexi! You're really pretty and nice and colorful too!"

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 09:34 AM
"Give me a hug!" The halfling says, looking at the Petal with adorable pleading eyes.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 09:46 AM
Tulip continues to smile at Lexi, happily.
"Ok! Hugs are lots of fun, and everyone loves them!"
She flies over to her, and tries to hug her face, looking quite happy.

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 09:47 AM
Yildiz nods: "And when exactly do you intend to leave? There are a few purchases that I still might want to make."

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 09:53 AM
Lexi hugs Tulip back as best she can, then releases her. "Thanks!" The halfling smiles, then resumes her breakfast.

"Do you have any news, Tulip?" Cerise asks, raising an eyebrow at the Petal.

~

"Soon, if possible." Mithra replies. "But it does seem like Kulaas has been delayed in collecting Tulip somehow."

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 09:55 AM
"She does have an amazing talent for distraction, so that is only logical.", Yildiz smiles a little, "But she should be here soon, Dilaa usually manages to guide her quite well."

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 09:59 AM
"And here I was, expecting Dilaa to arrive by herself." Mithra says, as she tucks some silver hair behind her ear. "I suppose I'll have to send for her to collect Tulip."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 10:06 AM
Once she finishes the hug, Tulip darts back to her spot on the table, and looks over at Cerise as she asks her question.
"Lots of things! There was a really nice tree who told me nice stories about sunsets, and Kulaas said Mithra was looking for me, and Lance and I practiced summoning! Do you have any more news?"
As she finishes, Tulip is smiling cheerfully, and hopefully.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 10:13 AM
"I have nothing like that." Cerise smiles softly. "Blackeye and Keres stayed the night due to an incident with their furniture, but that's all. Save for the fact that I wanted to thank you for helping Lance with her summoning - it really was very kind of you."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 10:17 AM
Tulip looks slightly disappointed as Cerise says that she doesn't have any news, but she cheers up pretty quickly as she reveals that she does have news. She seems concerned about the furniture incident, her tiny eyes widening slightly in concern.
"Did something bad happen to their furniture? Did it run away?"
She blushes at Cerise's compliment, but she continues to smile merrily.
"Thank you! I'm sure it'll help her, and maybe Tirai can help more! Helping people is lots and lots of fun!"

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 12:38 PM
"It didn't run away; they broke some of it by accident." Cerise answers, a sly smile on her lips. "And if Tirai can help more, that will be even better - I'm quite proud of Lance for achieving so much."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 12:58 PM
Tulip looks sad as Cerise tells her of the fate of the furniture.
"Aw... poor furniture. It was there, trying to be nice and helpful, and it got broken!"
It takes her several moments before she's able to think about Cerise's second comment.
"Tirai's really nice, so I'm sure she'll help! But she won't leave her children, but I'm sure that it'll work out! Lance is really good at summoning things, and her badger is really nice!"
Tulip smiles cheerfully, before she nibbles more of her strawberry.

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 01:13 PM
"That would be a good idea I think. But you know, I've been wondering about this expedition of yours, what is in it for me?"

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 01:18 PM
Dilaa thanks Lance for the food and eats quietly, listening to the others converse as she quickly empties her place. While she doesn't seem to be especially hungry, the warrior eats quickly, chewing, swallowing and replacing each mouthful of food in short order. She likes the food, but doesn't pay it much attention, mostly listening to what Tulip and the Acolytes are talking about. It's because of this that she catches Tulip's mention of Mithra.

"Mithra's looking for you?" Dilaa asks, looking up to Tulip as she finishes her meal. If Mithra was looking for the tiny fey, chances were that she had something to tell all of them again.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 01:19 PM
"You get to be as rotten as you like." Mithra answers. "Within reason, considering your companions. Considering how much you seem to chafe when faced with rules, I imagine you'll enjoy the freedom."

~

"Indeed." Cerise smiles, before going quiet to let Tulip speak with Dilaa.

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 01:22 PM
"I'll be very, very nice. Can I also take souvenirs? And perhaps one or two slaves? I won't let them foul up the city, I just want a few nice pets."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 01:29 PM
At Dilaa's question, Tulip looks back at her, looking quite happy.
"Kulaas came to tell me, and she's waiting too! But she thinks you're really mean, which is really sad! She probably wants you to come too!"

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 01:30 PM
"Souvenirs, yes." Mithra answers, as she switches to a different brush. "But no slaves. Teleportation only allows for so many people at once."

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 01:35 PM
Dilaa nods. "I think so. And I think I can see why Kulaas doesn't like me," she says, shrugging briefly before standing up. She thanks Lance again for her cooking and puts her used dishware wherever she's indicated to do so. "I think we shouldn't keep Mithra waiting - as nice as it is here, I believe it's time for us to go, Tulip."

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 01:37 PM
Yildiz pouts: "Not even one? It wouldn't be a big one, and I can remove parts if that is necessary. I just want someone I can have fun with."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 01:38 PM
Tulip, who had been having a fine time talking, looks a little sad as Dilaa explains that they needed to go.
"Aw... but if you think so... Bye Cerise, Bye Lance, Bye Lexi, Bye Morty, Bye Oin, Bye Gloin!"
As she says her goodbyes, she flies over, and lands on Dilaa's shoulder why waving goodbye to everyone. She has her strawberry held tightly in her other hand.

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 01:48 PM
Dilaa opts for a single farewell for all of the gathered Acolytes, wishing them a good day and giving them a last wave before she turns to bring herself and her fey passenger to Mithra's office.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 01:52 PM
"I don't make the rules of magic, Yildiz." Mithra replies.

~

The Acolytes give their goodbyes to the pair, who are "greeted" back outside by an impatient Kulaas, who immediately flies to Mithra's office. Their passage through the authority building is quite swift, and they're soon allowed to head up to Mithra's office by themselves.

When they enter, they find that Mithra is standing with an easel and canvas, apparently painting, while talking with Yildiz; who sits on a comfortable chair in front of the desk. Kulaas isn't inside.

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 01:54 PM
Yildiz turns her head towards the others: "Hi!"

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 01:57 PM
Tulip cheerfully says hello to Kulaas, and chats happily with Dilaa about nothing much, before she reaches Mithra's office.

"Hi Mithra! Hi Yildiz!"
She pauses, and looks around for Kulaas, but is disappointed in her search. After another moment, she continues.
"Did you have something fun for us?"
She seems hopeful.

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 01:58 PM
Dilaa greets Yildiz with a nod, the vampire child's presence only confirming her suspicions. So there was indeed something more that Mithra was going to ask for their help with. "Hello, Yildiz. And hello, Mithra - I assume this isn't a meeting to announce your plans to go out on a walk with all of us?" She says, smiling and raising an eyebrow.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 02:00 PM
"Hello. Take a seat." Mithra gestures to two seats along the walls. "My plans are surprisingly stroll-like. I'm planning a trip to the Shadow Marches, the orc homeland in Khorvaire, where an acquaintance of sorts resides. I have little personal stake in their safety, but they are having difficulties with a rising warlord, which you may be interested in resolving."

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 02:01 PM
"And we can have some fun as well!", Yildiz says, smiling widely.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:01 PM
Tulip looks nervous.
"But... orcs always look mean! And they carry lots of pointy mean things too!"

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 02:03 PM
Mithra nods at Yildiz' addition, then shakes her head at Tulip. "One musn't judge people like that, Tulip. For example, most orcs int the Shadow Marches are simple, humble people who want to get on with their lives - the majority of them are even farmers. Admittedly, we will be visiting a tribe, who tend to be more distrustful of non-orcs, but they were pleasant enough when I last visited them - and I am somewhat familiar with their Sheriff."

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 02:04 PM
Yildiz wisely keeps her silence.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:04 PM
Tulip's voice seems very small as she responds, clearly quite worried.
"These are nice orcs? You're sure?"

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 02:07 PM
Dilaa does her best to recall the map Mithra showed her, and is fairly certain she knows roughly where the Shadow Marshes are. At the very least, 'Khorvaire' tells her something that she's sure about. The mage's explanation is simple, though, and nothing but the question of geography gives her pause. A rising warlord that threatened the peace - it was something she'd heard tales of before, and none of them had ended well for any of the involved. Putting them down swiftly could save the region from a drawn-out, bloody conflict.

"You're right about my interest," Dilaa says, nodding before turning to Tulip. "If they're going to be mean, it's best if we stop them, before no one can and they make everyone in the region sad," she explains.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 02:07 PM
"Nice enough." Mithra nods. "The ones under the warlord less so, perhaps. But I imagine Dilaa is far scarier than them." She says, looking over at the warrior with a slight smile.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:09 PM
Tulip continues to seem quite small, and nervous.
"But... they look really scary, and everything! And Dilaa's nice..."
Her voice trails off, as she thinks.
"Well... ok. I'll try! Maybe they won't be scary, and they will be nice?"
She seems hopeful, although more than half afraid.

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 02:11 PM
"They could be, but if they're mean, we can be really mean and scary too. Right? We won't let any nice people be hurt."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:13 PM
At Yildiz's words, Tulip shakes her head firmly.
"Being scary's ok, but being mean is being mean!"

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 02:15 PM
Mithra clears her throat and gives a stern look at Yildiz and Tulip. "If you get into a morality argument, I'm going to shave both of you bald."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:17 PM
Tulip looks at Mithra, strangely, clearly confused.
"Like some of those eagles?"

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 02:18 PM
"She will cut off all our hair. And in your case, your petals. Which would be mean by the way."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:20 PM
Tulip looks horrified.
"But... that hurts! A lot! Mithra, you wouldn't, would you? It's be really mean, and it it'd hurt!"

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 02:21 PM
"Let's just go, and hope we won't need to do anything that warrants this kind of discussion," Dilaa interrupts, deciding to end the exchange before it has a chance to escalate. "Will we be going by magic?" She asks Mithra, cutting off any response to her former statement.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 02:25 PM
"That's the point of a punishment." Mithra informs Tulip. "And I will do it, if that's what it takes for you to behave." Once Dilaa has finished speaking, she nods her head. "Teleportation. But I believe Yildiz wants to purchase something before leaving?" She raises an eyebrow at the vampire.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:28 PM
Tulip continues to look quite upset.
"But that's really mean! Hurting people to try to make them act the way you want them! Couldn't you just ask? And maybe give them some honey when they're nice? It worked for Mr. Bear! He was always really grumpy when the sun came up, until he had some honey!"

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 02:38 PM
Before Tulip can finish speaking, Mithra's eyes glow green and the Petal's talking produces no sound whatsoever. "You may talk once you've learned your lesson."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:41 PM
Tulip smiles, and, suddenly, Mithra has a bear head.(dc 17 disbelieve)(Silent minor image)

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 02:45 PM
"It can wait, I want to go and see new lands.", Yildiz answers, getting up. She suddenly produces one of her swords, taking her hair in the other hand, slicing a large part off in a single smooth movement. She lets the it fall onto the ground, where it turns to dust, disappearing in moments as it already grows back on her head. But then she looks at Tulip and Mithra, and bursts out laughing.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 02:47 PM
Mithra folds her arms over her chest and, within moments, the door opens to reveal Kulaas in her dragon form. Her eyes glow blue, as an outstretched claw shoots a ray of energy at Mithra's supposed bear head - and the illusion shatters.

"Are you done?" The cloaked mage raises an eyebrow at Tulip.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 02:50 PM
Tulip shakes her head quite firmly, clearly struggling to contain her laughter, before she fails, and starts silently laughing.
Mithra's words are swallowed by loud chirps whenever her mouth opens(Silent Ghost Sound)

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 03:01 PM
Tulip's laughter is interrupted as Kulaas' nostrils flare, a blue aura surrounding her claw and slowly forming an orb in its palm. This solidifies into a burning orb of fire that shoots through the air and slams into the Petal, burning her flesh and stunning her in place.

22 fire damage, and Stunned for one round.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 03:09 PM
Tulip screams in surprise and pain as she is stunned.

It's sort of mean to not let me roll saves...

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 03:32 PM
At first, Dilaa is silent, simply wishing that whatever had driven her friends to throw magic at one another would end once they had done so for a while. It was, she guessed, simply the magical equivalent of the two exchanging a few well-meant jabs to settle some dispute. Nothing she needed to intervene in. As Kulaas becomes involved, the warrior grows uneasy, but still waits. Hopefully, unlike in the past, there wouldn't by any trouble because of her action. If she didn't get too overzealous in defending Mithra from something the mage could handle on her own, then -

Perhaps not.

"That's enough!" Dilaa says, standing and placing herself between Tulip and Kulaas. "Kulaas, there's no need for you to jump to such measures," she continues, turning from her to look down at Tulip. With a sigh she kneels, picking up the stunned fey gently and rising to look at Mithra. "I think now would be a good time for both of you to release the other from your magics. Drowning out words in birdsong or silencing them will not help us here."

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 03:35 PM
"Force is the only thing that will get through to the Fey." Kulaas speaks, as Mithra stays silent. "She does not listen to words, just continues with her ignorance, and now she's been punished for her impudence. Mithra says she will have to submit to a Mark of Justice if she is to come to the Shadow Marches. She can't speak for herself, because of the spell."

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 03:49 PM
"If that is what she says, then so it shall be," Dilaa replies, looking down at Tulip, hoping she would do as she'd asked and release her magic, so that Mithra could speak directly with them rather than through Kulaas.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 04:29 PM
The badly wounded petal recovers from her stunning and tries not to scream from the pain. Trying to focus on what she is, new skin grows to replace the burned, and the vast majority of the burn marks on her vanish. As she stands, she looks angrily at Kulaas, and makes a small gesture, ending the effect on Mithra.

Raunchel
2015-03-25, 04:29 PM
Yildiz looks at the exchange of spells, stepping back from what is happening, but keping ready to strike down these pesky mages. Again she is shown why she loathes magic, all this power, and its not hers, and there is nothing to be done against it.

She growls: "All of you, stop this nonsense right now. We are going to these marches and I promise you this, the first one to try casting one more spell will have to live the rest of her life without a tongue. We are going to talk about this like sensible adults, I'm the child here, not you."

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 04:42 PM
"It will be difficult to get anywhere without casting a spell." Mithra says, as Kulaas walks out of the room and closes the door behind her. "And, while Kulaas is particularly passionate, I agree that it is impossible to convince Tulip of anything. And, since she's proven unwilling to follow my orders, she must submit to a Mark of Justice that will ensure her co-operation for the duration of the expedition. It will prevent her from attempting to directly hamper me, not enslave her or force her to do anything, and will be removed upon our return." She looks to the Petal. "If you are willing to do this, I will let you speak. Nod if you consent."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 04:43 PM
Tulip looks quite upset, and thinks for a while. Almost a whole ten seconds. And then she nods.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 04:45 PM
Tulip feels that she is able to speak and move once again. "Thank you. You will be blindfolded for the duration of the spell's casting, and it will take ten minutes. If you go down the hall, to the room we rested in last time, an authority will be with you shortly to cast the spell."

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 04:49 PM
Dilaa visibly relaxes as the conflict finally ends fully, giving Yildiz a raised eyebrow before sitting back down. "So, what are these Marshes going to be like?" She asks after a few moments, hoping to leave the entire past few minutes behind them.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 04:50 PM
Tulip, looking a little sheepish, responds.
"You'll tell me the conditions first? And Kulaas will agree to stop hurting people?"

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 04:54 PM
"Similar to Tirai's home, but somewhat swampy." Mithra answers Dilaa, then looks to Tulip. "The conditions are that you will not attempt to hamper me or my actions. If you do, you will be painlessly crippled in any actions until the spell is removed. And I cannot get Kulaas to do anything; she is her own person, and she will act in anger as she deems fit. I already attempt to solve things without violence, and setting that example for her is the extent of my ability."

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 04:58 PM
Tulip looks hurt.
"I was going to go to help you, and explore! I wouldn't try to stop you!"
After her ringing objection falls to silence, Tulip continues.
"You could ask her."

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 05:03 PM
"If you don't do anything to stop her, you won't need to worry about the mark," Dilaa assures Tulip with a smile. "Mithra wants to be sure you won't cause trouble, but if you don't, you can show her that she doesn't need to worry about it."

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 05:04 PM
"I could. And I might, depending on how this expedition goes." Mithra tells Tulip. She nods at Dilaa's addition.

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 05:06 PM
Tulip thinks about this, before she nods. Assuming nothing else happens, she flies out the open door, and down to the mentioned room.

Hazuki
2015-03-25, 05:46 PM
Tulip is bindfolded by an invisible entity as soon as she sits down in one of the comfortable chairs, followed by ten minutes of silence and, finally, a light tingle on her forehead that soon fades away to feeling like normal. After that, her blindfold is removed and she is told to return to Mithra.

In the room itself, Mithra has spent the time continuing her painting and filling the group in on a few more details about the Shadow Marches. When Tulip returns, she slips around the edge of her desk to stand a little closer to the gathered trio. "Assuming there are no more disturbances, we should be able to travel with ease - we need only touch the shoulder of our teleporter, and then we will be in the Shadow Marches, near the village of the La'Rask tribe. Farms will be around us, but our first visit will be to the village itself, to meet with the Sheriff."

As she informs the group of this, the door opens to reveal the somewhat familiar sight of Lady Molestingrope - the woman in brown, cluttered robes and simple tied-back black hair. "Good morning." She says to the group at large, then strolls up to the center of the room. As everybody places their hands on her shoulder, feeling the slightly rough material that adorns her shoulders, there is a distinct tug at their stomachs as their surroundings change entirely.

They are greeted by a chill wind, and a beautiful amber-red horizon that the sun is just barely starting to crest over. All around them are rolling hills of green, almost gold in the morning sunlight, which dip steeply down into rivers that seem to flow all across the surrounding countryside. A few trees decorate these hells, but only sparsely, and much shorter than the trees that surround Garmine. A few black birds nest in their fluffy leaves, while others soar across the surrounding land and the few wooden homes that sit near reed-ridden rivers. A few pens can also be seen, holding either crops or livestock, all the way along the dirt path that leads to a cluster of wooden buildings; some of which are distinctly colored.

Individuals can be seen moving about in the farms, and even a few in the far-off village that sits in the shade of a particularly small mountain. Most of them are wearing simple robes of brown or white material, with wooden shoes and tools that they're using to go about their business. From so far away, they even seem like they might be an ordinary human peoples. In the far-off distance, one can spot armed individuals rigorously patrolling, but little else. On the nearest corner of the village itself, a few individuals can be seen scrapping.

A cool wind reminds the guests of where they are, atop the hill, and Lady Molestingrope has already teleported away.

"Thoughts?" Mithra asks, as she starts to walk along the dirt path towards the village.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/346/6/6/bushido___speed_painting_by_bakarov-d5mmpvm.jpg

Archmage1
2015-03-25, 05:56 PM
After leaving the room very disappointed, Tulip waves cheerfully at Lady Molestingrope.
"Hi!"
Following the directions, she finds herself somewhere else, and she just stops, looking around at all of the new sights, taking it all in.

PersonMan
2015-03-25, 06:14 PM
"Are all of the settlements like this?" Dilaa wonders aloud, not quite asking Mithra but clearly curious as she looks over the area, her eye going over the buildings of the village but lingering mostly on the armed figures. She follows the mage, looking at the village whenever she isn't gazing across the fields and at the horizon.

Raunchel
2015-03-26, 06:17 AM
Yildiz looks over the scene, covered by her parasol. She tilts her head a little: "When can we have some fun?"

Archmage1
2015-03-26, 07:06 AM
Still looking around, Tulip continues to take in the new and wonderful scene around her. As she notices Mithra getting further and further away, she darts after her, looking quite happy.
"It's wonderful, and so different!"

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 01:40 AM
"Many are, but there are obviously more built-up settlements further inland - and a city or two. This area may not even be the best example of civilization in the Shadow Marches, due to its proximity with the borders of the Demon Wastes. In addition to their xenophobia, of course." Mithra explains to Dilaa, casually strolling up to the village. A few of the villagers seem to notice them, but they don't seem to be making any kind of hostile movement.

"If you'd like to roam free now, you may." The mage tells Yildiz. "But I'd advise against it, until we reach the more troublesome orcs. You seemed to believe in having peasants do the work for you before, and solving their problems will let you sate yourself and mean they'll reward you." As they get closer to the village proper, they get a better view of the fight that's taking place on its borders. There seem to be two full-blooded orcs, dressed in skirts from the waist down and with quite bruised torsos, taking turns to fight a much skinnier and paler orc; she seems positively malnourished compared to them, and her fighting reeks of desperation more than skill.

"Indeed it is." She replies to Tulip, as they're about two hundred feet away from the village. "Would you mind whistling for me, Tulip? It's good manners to make a loud noise and let villages know you're approaching."

Archmage1
2015-03-27, 05:47 AM
Tulip looks sad as she gets a good look at the fighting orcs, but she doesn't comment. Once Mithra asks her question, Tulip smiles, and pulls out her harp.
"Can I play a song instead? It'll be lots more fun that way! Please?"

Raunchel
2015-03-27, 06:22 AM
Yildiz stays with the others, observing her surroundings. She looks at the fighting orcs, amused. She was allowed to hurt them, right? But then again, it was funny to watch the frail one being beaten up.

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 10:43 AM
Dilaa nods at Mithra's explanation, but grows concerned as they make out the forms of three fighters - first at the prospect of walking into a battle, then at the realization of what it appeared to be. "Is...do you know what that is?" Dilaa asks, indicating the fight. "It's not something...normal, is it?"

Raunchel
2015-03-27, 10:47 AM
"It looks like they're just having some fun to me.", Yildiz adds, "But they should hit a bit harder, or maybe in some other places."

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 10:51 AM
"I'd rather you just whistled. A whistle is distinctive, and many can recognize it. A harp, less so."" Mithra tells Tulip, then shakes her head as Dilaa mentions the fight taking place. "No, and no. I suspect that whatever it is may have something to do with the weak one being a half-orc."

Raunchel
2015-03-27, 10:54 AM
"Are you sure that I can't bring even one pet back? That one could be funny to have!", Yildiz appears cheerful, and touches her sleeves, where her swords are hidden.

Archmage1
2015-03-27, 11:08 AM
Tulip looks a little sad, before she whistles.
Unfortunately, as she is quite small, the whistle is in the hypersonic ranges, and not in the range of normal human hearing.
After she finishes, she smiles at Mithra.
"Ok! I whistled! But... can we stop them from hurting her? It's mean!"

Raunchel
2015-03-27, 11:12 AM
Yildiz suppresses herself, she would have suggested cutting off all their hands and feet, but that would get Tulip crying again, and she wants to get on with it, desiring to have some real fun.

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 11:50 AM
"Yes," Dilaa says, as Tulip mentions stopping the fight. "Let's."

With that, she begins rushing forwards, running towards the village as fast as she can, eyes trained on the continuing fight.

Raunchel
2015-03-27, 11:52 AM
Yildiz easily matches Dilaa's pace. If something happens, she will intervene, and it won't be pretty. Oh no, Tulip will be screaming and complaining, but she will get a nice drink. And maybe a few eyes. Those can be used for the best pranks.

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 12:03 PM
When Tulip's whistle fails to make any real sound, Mithra gives the Petal a short, sharp look.

As Dilaa gets closer to the fight, the one the frail half-orc had been fighting has switched out with one of the others, and they immediately clash their shoulders, followed by punches to the gut as each one attempts to gain control. Getting closer now, she can spot that this fight's participants seem to be comparatively young - at least three years younger than herself.

Archmage1
2015-03-27, 12:15 PM
Tulip looks apologetically at Mithra.
"I'm small, so my whistling is really high pitched. I did it, but you probably can't hear it, and I don't know how to make it lower! I can sing, or play music, and that would work!"

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 03:07 PM
Dilaa feels a deep anger rise in her - not entirely disconnected from her bloodlust, but not purely a lust for killing. It was the anger she felt when the obviously guilty entered the ring, when those shielding themselves with gold and connections stood opposite her and sneered. Snarling, the warrior presses down the urge to shift form, instead rushing forwards, her weapon still on her back but arms raised, ready to strike. As she gets closer, the warrior decides what her first move will be: separating the melee. "If you're going to attack, only subdue them," Dilaa says to the vampire child racing at her side, then hurls herself forwards at the orc wrestling with the pale half-orc.

Without a word of warning, Dilaa slams into the combatant, snarling as she makes contact.

Raging and Charging, by the way.

Opposed Strength Check: [roll0]

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 03:24 PM
"No, it wouldn't. It would just make them think there's some kind of disturbance, and that you're to be distrusted for acting so strangely." Mithra tells the Petal, as she watches the commotion soon to take place.

Dilaa slams into the grappling orc just as he's rearing his arm back for a kidney-punch, causing him to stumble out of it. The pale half-orc allows herself a wary look at the desert warrior, then takes advantage of the interruption to swing her leg round and slam its into the side of the other teenager's skull. With a small burst of blood and a grunt of pain, he falls to his hands and knees. He's mumbling a few Orcish curses as he clutches his jaw, while his two compatriots look on in surprise and bafflement. "ghe''or nuq tlhIH'a'?!"

The half-orc seems to regret her kick, as she winces when her foot touches the ground again, and regards the desert warrior with large, wary eyes. "nuq... qaStaH nuq?" She asks, her voice rasp, while the other orcs are picking up their companion and conversing among themselves quite franticly.

"koptun vaj wej!" One of them says. Down the dirt path, Mithra seems to have quickened her pace.

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 03:38 PM
Dilaa is surprised as the pale half-orc brings down one of her attackers using the opening made by her charge, but doesn't let it show, instead positioning herself to be between the two parties. As the string of foreign words pour from the mouths of both the aggressors and the pale half-orc, she realizes that they likely won't be able to communicate, at least not directly. Mithra would likely know - Dilaa looks behind her to confirm that the mage is coming towards them more quickly than before - but until then, she'd have to make do without. She offers a shrug to the half-orc, murmuring an apology in her mother tongue about not being able to understand her before turning her attention back to the three other orcs, watching them warily but making no aggressive movements. The heat of battle is still in her blood, and she does her best to keep it from slipping away or growing too strong and forcing her to take action.

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 03:45 PM
The pale half-orc quickly snatches away a small sack that sits nearby, and seems about ready to run away until Mithra arrives on the scene proper and cuts off the babbling orc teenagers. "koptun ghaH. 'e' mithra naDev ja'. DoH QochQo'chuqlaw'." She says to them, calm as ever as she fixes them with a stare. The teens seem wary about doing so, but soon run off. The mage then turns to the lean half-orc. "jat common Dajatlh'a'?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Y-Yes..." The half-orc responds, the sack clutched to her chest and the sarashi that's wrapped around it - likely concealing a lot of bruises. She attempts to shift from leg to leg, but soon changes her mind when leaning on the one she kicked with."Thank you." She says to Dilaa, forcing a more confident timber to her voice.

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 04:02 PM
Dilaa stands by as Mithra arrives and speaks to those present in their language. She keeps her gaze on the three orcs, glad that the situation seemed to be resolving itself, and hoping to offer support to any harsh words the mage may be using with her presence. As the three orcs flee, she turns to Mithra and the half-orc, letting herself relax now that there seemed to be no chance of further fighting. Luckily, the pale teen speaks up and confirms the suspicions that had been awoken in the warrior as she listened to the mage speaking the foreign tongue. It seemed that she could speak to this one without needing Mithra to translate.

"No need to thank me," Dilaa replies, smiling, to the pale half-orc. "Will you be safe now?" She asks, concern coming into her eyes as she realizes the state of the younger teen.

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 04:10 PM
The half-orc stands at about five foot three, her stature slightly hunched over and bearing the marks of numerous fights. Her form itself has no fat on it; just muscle, skin, and bone, and not much of the first even for somebody her age. Her lower jaw has two very slight tusks sticking up, one of them chipped, and that have seen better days. Her skin seems calloused in many places, along with faded and not-so faded bruised and scars, and is quite pale indeed. So pale that she doesn't seem like an orc that simply has unhealthy skin, but like her skin is naturally pale and an unhealthy lifestyle has only served to make it pallid. Her eyes are an unspectacular brown, slightly milky, and her face is gaunt to the extreme; even her short, blunt nose seems like it could use some weight. Her hair is black and greasy, tied back and away from her face with a tightly-bound length of string, and reaches down to her waist.

She wears what seems to be mainly cloth scraps, wrapped all around her feet, forearms, hands, and over her chest. Her legs are adorned with baggy cloth shorts that have more than their share of tears. Besides her clothes, and the sack she just picked up, she doesn't seem to have any possessions.

"Safe enough." The half-orc answers Dilaa, still clutching the sack to her chest. "What are you doing here?" She almost whispers, as her eyes flicker to the surrounding countryside, as well as each member of the group.

Archmage1
2015-03-27, 04:16 PM
Tulip, the brightly colored faerie wearing bright clothing, looks sad as she looks at the half orc. She hadn't been able to do anything to help her, but Dilaa had done what she always did, and saved her, so it was ok. But she looked like she was in so much pain! But she could do something about that, so it would be all right!
"You look hurt! Would you like me to help?"
Tulip seems quite hopeful, clearly hoping that the half orc would say yes, so she could help. Her beautiful voice is filled with concern.

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 04:20 PM
"We're here to deal with a rising local warlord," Dilaa says, smiling as Tulip offers to help the half-orc. "She can help you with your wounds. I'm Dilaa Yahaan, this is Tulip," she explains, gesturing to the tiny flying fey.

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 04:21 PM
The half-orc startles slightly as Tulip darts up to her, but nods slowly after Dilaa's assurance. "If you can." As soon as the warrior mentions a rising warlord, she blatantly freezes in place. "I'm Lun." She manages to squeak out.

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 04:23 PM
"Is something wrong?" Dilaa asks, raising an eyebrow, concerned as Lun freezes up. Was the warlord in control of the village? Or did she have some other connection to them?

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 04:24 PM
"No." Lun lies.

Archmage1
2015-03-27, 04:24 PM
Tulip smiles happily as the half orc agrees.
"Yaay! Thank you!"
She flies up and hugs the half orc, still smiling cheerfully. The half orc, on the other hand, feels the power of nature, and of life, flowing through her, and her injuries start to heal(22 points). After a moment or two, Tulip lets go of her face, and flies back a bit, looking happy.
"There! That's lots better, isn't it? It's nice to meet you, Lun!"

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 04:27 PM
"You're lying," Dilaa responds, raising an eyebrow as Lun denies that something is wrong. "What is it that's frightening you?"

Archmage1
2015-03-27, 04:28 PM
Tulip chimes in, trying to help Dilaa.
"We can help, really! Dilaa's really really good at saving people!"

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 04:28 PM
Lun flinches away as soon as Tulip attaches to her face, grip tightening on the sack she clutches to her chest, but it relaxes back to relative normalcy as a good deal of the bruises that cover her simply slip away. "Wow." She remarks, lifting an arm up and looking at the clear skin. "Thank you." She says to the Petal, looking at her with slightly teary eyes. This is soon disrupted as Dilaa disputes her claim. "I just don't like it when people talk about that person, okay? It's sad to be reminded of everything bad that's been happening."

Archmage1
2015-03-27, 04:34 PM
Tulip smiles happily at her compliment, but she looks concerned as Lun continues, before she looks to Dilaa, and to Mithra.
"But we can help!"

PersonMan
2015-03-27, 04:39 PM
"Ah, I'm sorry," Dilaa replies, "I didn't mean to bring up bad memories. But I do think we can help."

Hazuki
2015-03-27, 04:58 PM
"If you say so." Lun replies somewhat skeptically. It's at this point that she shifts away even further, and another one of the orcs approaches the group. This one is tall indeed, and quite muscular, as he wears a combination of leather armor and robes strapped across his chest. By orc standards, he would be quite handsome, and his greyed hair is tied up behind his head.

"Mithra." He greets the mage with a bow. "I never thought I'd live to see you, but you're welcome all the same."

"I'm glad to hear it, although this is hardly a pleasure visit, Koptun. Indeed, I was hoping to help you with the rising warlord that I've heard has been harassing this area." Mithra replies, giving a slight bow in return. "So you needn't worry about us draining your stocks."

The orc gave a somewhat bittersweet chuckle in response. "Very well. Perhaps you can introduce me to your guests." He said, as he blatantly examined the group.

"Dilaa, Tulip, and Yildiz." Mithra answers. "Perhaps you'd like to fill us in on the details? We are here to help, after all."

"I can attempt to." Koptun answers grimly. "The Albino Orc is the name of this warlord, and she is brutal. She has torn through one of our sister clans, with the aid of her lieutenants, and we are one of two nearest tribes. From atop the mountain, we can see the other settlements that are part of the Larask Tribe, and we suspect the worst. If our outermost settlements have been attacked, then we are surely next; and I doubt any of us could stand up to The Albino, if the few terror-ridden tales are true."

"The worst part is that we do not know where The Albino came from, but we have our suspicions that she hails from the Demon Wastes. Where else could she hire degenerates for her army, or learn such potent magics? And as all of her attacks seem to come from the direction of the border, and none of our scouts have discovered her base of operations...well, it seems the most likely conclusion, to say the least." He sighs.

"Of her elite soldiers, we know some more. There is one, named Lutent, who deals in brutality and bloodshed - his attacks were the most cruel of all, and none of the villages he destroyed had any traces that they were there, save for ashes and dust. He is likely an orc, as most of her army is, but we do not know what tribe or clan he might hail from."

"Kekok is another, and one that left the most disturbing ruin in his wake - the settlements he left his mark on were almost spotless, as though everyone in it had disappeared all at once, and left no trace of their disappearance. Of the few survivors we have managed to shelter, most have been driven to madness, and unable to help, or simply too scared to remember."

"And the last...the last we're aware of...brought a far more terrible fate upon their victims. Of the few reports we have, they have drained their victims to husks. Little more then shriveled skin and fat, with no soul or spark of life left behind their eyes. We suspect magic is afoot with this one, but none of our scholars have been able to identify the cause." Koptun finished, eyes gazing over the gathered group. "And that is the extent of my easily-summarized knowledge."

Archmage1
2015-03-27, 06:01 PM
As the sheriff comes up, Tulip turns to him, curiosity in her eyes, but as he and Mithra start talking, she slowly looks more and more horrified, eventually hiding entirely behind Dilaa. After he finishes, she slowly comes out again, clearly shaken by the knowledge that such meanness existed in the world.

PersonMan
2015-03-28, 12:51 PM
"Where did the attacks begin?" Dilaa asks after a moment's thought, concerned about how dire the situation seemed. She had been expecting someone with a few dozen fighters, raiding villages and upsetting order, not a leader who had already crushed an entire clan of orcs and was expanding from there. Hopefully, they could find out where this Albino Orc was and go there to confront her. If the head fell, the rest would be easier to mop up.

Hazuki
2015-03-28, 02:48 PM
"The northeasternmost village in The Shadow Marches." Koptun answers Dilaa.

Archmage1
2015-03-28, 03:39 PM
The worried petal chimes in, her voice seeming quite small.
"Maybe we should go there first?"

PersonMan
2015-03-28, 03:43 PM
"That sounds right to me - if we can confront and defeat her, her forces will be a much lesser threat and we should be able to take them on individually," Dilaa says, nodding.

Hazuki
2015-03-28, 03:51 PM
"Your bravery is commendable...but you need not throw yourselves at the leader of this force. I very much doubt it would be possible." Koptun remarks. "And there is another way. If you can reach the Ghaash'kala, and convince them that a group of Demon Wastes barbarians are attacking us, they should be able to defeat her. They will strike down with all the force necessary to defeat any corrupted foe."

PersonMan
2015-03-28, 03:53 PM
"Where are they?" Dilaa asks, the man's suggestion bringing to mind exactly what she'd thought when hearing about the warlord in the first place. Their inevitable destruction by the ruling order.

Hazuki
2015-03-28, 03:54 PM
"If my old maps are correct, they will be in an outpost not far into the Demon Wastes." Koptun answers.

PersonMan
2015-03-28, 03:56 PM
"Would we be going due east, then?" Dilaa asks, looking out over the hills.

Hazuki
2015-03-28, 03:56 PM
"For the most part." The burly orc nods.

PersonMan
2015-03-28, 04:02 PM
"Can we spot this outpost from a large distance, then?" Dilaa asks. "If not, can you be more specific? Will we need to go north, or south for some part of the journey?"

Archmage1
2015-03-28, 04:07 PM
Tulip chimes in once more.
"Who are the Ghaash'kala?"

Hazuki
2015-03-28, 04:12 PM
"They are a clan who take it upon themselves to protect the world from the dangers of the Demon Wastes." Koptun answers the Petal.

Archmage1
2015-03-28, 04:14 PM
Tulip smiles, reassured that there was someone nice.
"They must be really nice! And, because they're nice, I'm sure they'll help. But... did you try asking them? Before we got here, I mean."

Hazuki
2015-03-28, 04:16 PM
"No. The Demon Wastes are perilous by themselves, and I cannot send my people out on a hopeless journey while they might be needed to defend their families." Koptun replies.

Archmage1
2015-03-28, 04:23 PM
Tulip frowns at this, disappointed in the villagers, before she smiles, as she realizes that she could have fun exploring.
"We can do it! Dilaa's really good at things like this, and it'll be lots of fun, exploring!"

Hazuki
2015-03-29, 06:56 AM
"Then it seems you have all you need." Koptun remarks, his face still etched in slight surprise at the words of the curious group gathered on his doorstep. "If you have need of anything, while you're in the lands of the Lar'ask, don't fail to come to me. Me, specifically, because my tribe only tolerates you because of my debt to Mithra. And barely tolerates others." A pointed look is given to Lun, who seems halfway between sticking her head into the ground and just running away.

"Indeed." Mithra says, eyeing the orc for a moment. "But we're self-sufficient enough to survive without taking advantage of your hospitality."

"And I can only be thankful for that." Koptuin smiled, however briefly. "If you have all you need, I will get back to work - I have rites to prepare."

Raunchel
2015-03-29, 01:58 PM
"Shall we go then? It will be a lot of fun! I'm sure of it!", Yildiz sounds excited, even though she has been silent until now. She didn't want to cause any problems, and was really busy thinking about all the ways she woud hurt people.

Archmage1
2015-03-29, 04:22 PM
Tulip nods cheerfully, clearly agreeing with Yildiz, even as she looks for some hint as to which way Mithra wanted to go.

Hazuki
2015-03-30, 09:41 AM
"Farewell, Koptun." Mithra says, giving the orc a small bow and waiting for him to get well out of earshot before looking over the group - Lun included. "We will not be going to visit the Ghaash'kala. They kill anybody who enters the Demon Wastes and wants to leave, believing any who do so to be irreversibly tainted. Unless we want to die, or pointlessly murder a group who are otherwise doing good, I suggest we head to the village Koptun mentioned."

Archmage1
2015-03-30, 09:46 AM
Tulip looks a little sad when she learns that she's not going to get to meet the Ghaash'kala.
"Aw... but they sounded so nice! Maybe we'll get to meet them later somewhere else? But we can explore the village too!"