PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Adventure Path? (3.X/PF)

Libertad
2015-03-17, 03:01 PM
Although the original Adventure Path format as we understand it probably began with either Dragonlance or Against the Giants, the lion's share seems solidly in the D20 era, with Paizo's being the most well-known.

However, there's quite a bit of them out there, from Wizards of the Coast to 3rd Party Publishers.

Which is your favorite? Whether to read or just play, share with us what you liked about it.

My favorite right now is Way of the Wicked, a Pathfinder AP. Its main claim to fame is being an evil-themed campaign where the PCs are covert agents of Asmodeus plotting to overthrow the virtuous nation of Talingarde. It's got a lot of interesting features, such as the PCs renovating a dungeon to guard against adventurer parties, an assault on a holy temple which makes liberal use of angelic monsters not often encountered or fought in typical games, and some rules for creating your own evil organization with minion actions and resource management.

In related news, I heard good things about War of the Burning Sky and Zeitgeist: the Gears of Revolution. I haven't really read much of either, but plan on doing so.