PDA

View Full Version : undead for a level ten party

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 06:54 PM
I am building a tomb for my player's and need undead I play/DM pathfinder and 3.5 and have access to most books I will take homebrew but need stats in post🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-17, 09:44 PM
I recommend reading this if you don't already know about it.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Tome_of_Necromancy_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29

As for the undead are you looking for PC undead races or undead to fill said tomb to protect them? Just curious because its kinda iffy on which you ment.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 09:47 PM
Sorry undead monsters to fill the tomb🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-17, 10:10 PM
Well shadesteel golems(CR 11 CL17 to make)(MM3 PG 72) help out undead an amazing amount. Durable, 12d6 negative energy burst every 1d4+1 rounds, immune to most magic, its also invisible in areas of anything but pure daylight so even a cloudy day pretty much it can hide in plain sight. If you are not letting this tomb be run by a more powerful guild leader type then it might be something for later.

Wights, shadows, shades, and wraiths are another that could help protect them from most threats. They can move in and out of walls. Striking at foes out of reach of their attacks if you use walls 5ft apart or less.

As for undead with bodies. I would say there are a few that low level groups can use. Hydras work at the front door playing dead with instructions to attack anyone that attempts to break in without a 'KEY" of sorts. It can be a magic glyph on them. a Item mundane or magical. Things like that. Intelligent undead can betray you so the more mindless less chance of them getting "unhappy". some of the choices depend on if your group is undead themselves or if they are tomb tainted. so could I get some info about the group?

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 10:15 PM
Well shadesteel golems(CR 11 CL17 to make)(MM3 PG 72) help out undead an amazing amount. Durable, 12d6 negative energy burst every 1d4+1 rounds, immune to most magic, its also invisible in areas of anything but pure daylight so even a cloudy day pretty much it can hide in plain sight. If you are not letting this tomb be run by a more powerful guild leader type then it might be something for later.

Wights, shadows, shades, and wraiths are another that could help protect them from most threats. They can move in and out of walls. Striking at foes out of reach of their attacks if you use walls with both walls 5ft apart or less.

As for undead with bodies. I would say there are a few that low level groups can use. Hydras work at the front door playing dead with instructions to attack anyone that attempts to break in without a 'KEY" of sorts. It can be a magic glyph on them. a Item mundane or magical. Things like that. Intelligent undead can betray you so the more mindless less chance of them getting "unhappy". some of the choices depend on if your group is undead themselves or if they are tomb tainted. so could I get some info about the group?

Pretty helpful, as for the group a level 10 half orc (PF) barbarian, a level 10 elf sorcerer and a level 9 human cleric (he was raised) that should help some🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-17, 10:23 PM
So no undead in the group? Odd choice for a living group to live in a tomb but okay. Well a lot of the better undead types with area affects tend to well hurt or maim living things so we might want to hold off on that. we don't want anything that likes the idea of murdering anything if it got out of control unless you want that sort of thing. What setting is this in? If it is custom do you mind using anything from the forgotten realms or eberron?

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 10:26 PM
So no undead in the group? Odd choice for a living group to live in a tomb but okay. Well a lot of the better undead types with area affects tend to well hurt or maim living things so we might want to hold off on that. we don't want anything that likes the idea of murdering anything if it got out of control unless you want that sort of thing. What setting is this in? If it is custom do you mind using anything from the forgotten realms or eberron?

It's a homebrew setting but I'm fine with farune or ebberon too🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-17, 10:46 PM
KARRNATHI skeletons and zombies(Eberron campaign setting pg292) make decent cannon fodder. They get feats and skills. Technically can take character levels because they have Int, Wis, and Cha. Even though they are more like computers then actual intelligent undead. Have a KARRNATHI dread marshal(Eberron:forges of war pg 150) or two lead each squad.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 10:48 PM
KARRNATHI skeletons and zombies(Eberron campaign setting pg292) make decent cannon fodder. They get feats and skills. Technically can take character levels because they have Int, Wis, and Cha. Even though they are more like computers then actual intelligent undead. Have a KARRNATHI dread marshal(Eberron:forges of war pg 150) or two lead each squad.

That's brilliant thanks 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-17, 10:59 PM
No problem X3 I tend to play necromancers. The Tomb of necromancy made by K is also really good as even your Barbarian could snag a feat and give a few of the undead he makes to the groups base. well if he has a cha score with at least a +1 or 2 mod. It also has several classes for anyones play style so they can become undead without getting LA.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 11:04 PM
No problem X3 I tend to play necromancers. The Tomb of necromancy made by K is also really good as even your Barbarian could snag a feat and give a few of the undead he makes to the groups base. well if he has a cha score with at least a +1 or 2 mod. It also has several classes for anyones play style so they can become undead without getting LA.

Wow thanks and the barbarian has a CHA of 16 (he rolled really well)🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-17, 11:09 PM
Then with one of K's feats you could have him control Cha mod in undead of his CR-2.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 11:12 PM
Then with one of K's feats you could have him control Cha mod in undead of his CR-2.

Sweet thanks for all your help as I'm new to DM'ing🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-17, 11:17 PM
No problem. if you need anything else message me or something.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 11:19 PM
I will oh and do you know of any good mummy variations🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-17, 11:39 PM
Libris Mortis - the book of the dead pg 110 mummified creatures. so you can make any kind you wish to your hearts desire.

Also the feats from there can make undead into elite mosnters instead of just fodder. they also apply to ALL undead your characters make themselves.
Corpse crafter HP, str, and required for the rest.
Nimble bones:speed and free improved initiative feat pretty much.
Hardened flesh: small armor bonus.
Destruction Retribution: negative energy suicide bomber.

Chill touch: small cold damage boost though questionable to take.
Bolster resistance: not worth the feat really. it just increases their resistance to turn undead and rebuke undead.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 12:24 AM
Libris Mortis - the book of the dead pg 110 mummified creatures. so you can make any kind you wish to your hearts desire.

Also the feats from there can make undead into elite mosnters instead of just fodder. they also apply to ALL undead your characters make themselves.
Corpse crafter HP, str, and required for the rest.
Nimble bones:speed and free improved initiative feat pretty much.
Hardened flesh: small armor bonus.
Destruction Retribution: negative energy suicide bomber.

Chill touch: small cold damage boost though questionable to take.
Bolster resistance: not worth the feat really. it just increases their resistance to turn undead and rebuke undead.

Thanks I forgot about that🎲

Azrael9986
2015-03-18, 12:40 AM
Yuh I forgot until you mentioned mummies XD. Also the feats I always have at least two Corpse Crafter and Nimble bones. if I am making undead.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 12:59 AM
Yuh I forgot until you mentioned mummies XD. Also the feats I always have at least two Corpse Crafter and Nimble bones. if I am making undead.

Yeah that's good🎲