PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Stoneblessed PrC.

tadkins
2015-03-17, 07:34 PM
Just interested in some opinions. Would you guys find it overpowered if it advanced casting in addition to the other things it does? I find it weird that the other similar PrC, Ruathar, does advance casting while this one does not. I think it'd be a fair case to make to a DM if they wanted to go this route to make a non-gnome/dwarf Shadowcraft Mage or Runesmith, and if I were DMing I'd very likely allow it as well.

ngilop
2015-03-17, 10:35 PM
Just interested in some opinions. Would you guys find it overpowered if it advanced casting in addition to the other things it does? I find it weird that the other similar PrC, Ruathar, does advance casting while this one does not. I think it'd be a fair case to make to a DM if they wanted to go this route to make a non-gnome/dwarf Shadowcraft Mage or Runesmith, and if I were DMing I'd very likely allow it as well.

No, the PrC is not about casting spells in the least its about doing some stuffs and becoming X race. casters are already powerful enough in 3rd ed.. why you gotta give them even MORE power?

I mean really if you wanna be a shadowcraft mge.runesmith just waive the race requirements.

sorry for spells its late and this mundane hate ticks me off to no small degree.

(Un)Inspired
2015-03-18, 12:32 AM
No, the PrC is not about casting spells in the least its about doing some stuffs and becoming X race. casters are already powerful enough in 3rd ed.. why you gotta give them even MORE power?

I mean really if you wanna be a shadowcraft mge.runesmith just waive the race requirements.

sorry for spells its late and this mundane hate ticks me off to no small degree.

Look I hate mundanes as much as the next guy but suggesting that a prestige class be modified is not the same thing as hating them.

WeaselGuy
2015-03-18, 09:36 AM
Something to consider, as far as I can see, Ruathar doesn't give you the racial emulation that Stoneblessed does. It makes you an "Elf-Friend", increases your lifespan, gives you low-light vision, and you get a free magic item. But it doesn't let you take Elf specific feats or prestige classes.

dysprosium
2015-03-18, 09:41 AM
Something to consider, as far as I can see, Ruathar doesn't give you the racial emulation that Stoneblessed does. It makes you an "Elf-Friend", increases your lifespan, gives you low-light vision, and you get a free magic item. But it doesn't let you take Elf specific feats or prestige classes.

This.

The Stoneblessed PrC is giving you something more--options that the character could not previously take.