PDA

View Full Version : I need mario bros npc pathfinder

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 11:10 PM
I would like someone to stat up a mario or (preferably) luigi npc for pathfinder as I am drawing a blank on how they would work🎲

Karl Aegis
2015-03-17, 11:15 PM
They are plumbers that are skilled in jumping.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 11:17 PM
They are plumbers that are skilled in jumping.

I know LITERALLY EVERYTHING about mario I just don't know how to stat them (class, race, gear, etc.)🎲

Karl Aegis
2015-03-17, 11:26 PM
Race: Human
Ethnicity: Italian
Class: Expert
Subclass: Plumber
Gear: Overalls, Shoes, Hat. May include bucket, stars, mushrooms or fireballs.

Skills: I believe Acrobatics covers jumping.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-17, 11:31 PM
My brain hurts. Well, he usually does unarmed Spring Attacks and he's got a great Jump, so...monk?

I'm pretty sure he's human (although with that sweet 'stache, dwarf is a possibility).

Gear - Potion (Mushroom) of Enlarge Person, Elixir (Mushroom) of Fire Breath, Potion (Star) of Invulnerability. Some pretty nice magic suits too.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-17, 11:38 PM
My brain hurts. Well, he usually does unarmed Spring Attacks and he's got a great Jump, so...monk?

I'm pretty sure he's human (although with that sweet 'stache, dwarf is a possibility).

Gear - Potion (Mushroom) of Enlarge Person, Elixir (Mushroom) of Fire Breath, Potion (Star) of Invulnerability. Some pretty nice magic suits too.

Pretty helpful also flower of fire breath not mushroom🎲

Eox
2015-03-17, 11:58 PM
A permanent CL10 Jump effect, always considered to have a running start.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 12:23 AM
A permanent CL10 Jump effect, always considered to have a running start.

Yeah that's sounds good

JyP
2015-03-18, 12:23 AM
I would say a Grig Ninja

Ninja got Acrobatic Master (Su): As a swift action, a ninja with this trick can focus her ki to grant her a +20 bonus on one Acrobatics check of her choice made before the start of her next turn. Using this ability expends 1 ki point from her ki pool.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 12:28 AM
I would say a Grig Ninja

Ninja got Acrobatic Master (Su): As a swift action, a ninja with this trick can focus her ki to grant her a +20 bonus on one Acrobatics check of her choice made before the start of her next turn. Using this ability expends 1 ki point from her ki pool.

Ok but where can I find Grig ninja info

grarrrg
2015-03-18, 12:30 AM
Shooting for "classic" Mario, not of this fancy spin jump, backflip, crazy-suit nonsense.

First off, I'm not sure that there is any ability that Weaponized Jumping. So :smallfrown:

I'd like to see some Ranger for Favored Enemy: Turtle, if going to Ranger 5+ add Favored: Mushroom? (Goombas are a fungus...right?).

But Quinggong Monk 5+ seems pretty sweet. 5th level gets High Jump which means you're always considered to have a running start for jumping, adds his Monk level to all Acro>Jump checks, and can spend a Ki to get a +20 bonus on Acro>Jump for 1 round.
Reason for Quinggong (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/qinggong-monk) is the ability to swap something out and pick up Scorching Ray (Fireballs) as a Ki powered ability.
For level 5 you'd have to swap out Slow Fall, which is still fitting for Mario, and you can always grab it by dropping a later ability.
If you stick around to level 8+ you can also nab Dragon's Breath (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dragon-s-breath) as a Ki ability, for 'upgraded' fireballs.

For a lower level Mario, Rogue 2 with the Expert Leaper talent gets you "always running jumps", Ninja 2 gets you "always running jumps" so long as you have at least 1 Ki in your pool.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 12:57 AM
Shooting for "classic" Mario, not of this fancy spin jump, backflip, crazy-suit nonsense.

First off, I'm not sure that there is any ability that Weaponized Jumping. So :smallfrown:

I'd like to see some Ranger for Favored Enemy: Turtle, if going to Ranger 5+ add Favored: Mushroom? (Goombas are a fungus...right?).

But Quinggong Monk 5+ seems pretty sweet. 5th level gets High Jump which means you're always considered to have a running start for jumping, adds his Monk level to all Acro>Jump checks, and can spend a Ki to get a +20 bonus on Acro>Jump for 1 round.
Reason for Quinggong (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/qinggong-monk) is the ability to swap something out and pick up Scorching Ray (Fireballs) as a Ki powered ability.
For level 5 you'd have to swap out Slow Fall, which is still fitting for Mario, and you can always grab it by dropping a later ability.
If you stick around to level 8+ you can also nab Dragon's Breath (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dragon-s-breath) as a Ki ability, for 'upgraded' fireballs.

For a lower level Mario, Rogue 2 with the Expert Leaper talent gets you "always running jumps", Ninja 2 gets you "always running jumps" so long as you have at least 1 Ki in your pool.

That...is perfect now for luigi (number one brother)🎲

Nicktacular
2015-03-18, 02:40 AM
Classic mario uses a hammer, so maybe give him a magic hammer

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 02:51 AM
Classic mario uses a hammer, so maybe give him a magic hammer

True I remember when good ol jumpman used a hammer good times

Platymus Pus
2015-03-18, 03:04 AM
I would like someone to stat up a mario or (preferably) luigi npc for pathfinder as I am drawing a blank on how they would work🎲

You aren't really going to be able to emulate them well in pathfinder too strong.
Talking epic levels.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 03:05 AM
You aren't really going to be able to emulate them well in pathfinder too strong.
Talking epic levels.

I was afraid of that thanks anyway🎲

Platymus Pus
2015-03-18, 03:10 AM
I was afraid of that thanks anyway🎲
Well when you have a character that saves the multiverse, the universe, and fights something that can survive the recreation of it.
Tends to be strong, even the original SNES game involves jumping the equivalent of 3 story buildings and fighting a dragon.
Best you're going to be able to do is reference of a guy who can jump somewhat better and a hammer that makes anything quiver in it's wake.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 03:13 AM
Well when you have a character that saves the multiverse, the universe, and fights something that can survive the recreation of it.
Tends to be strong, even the original SNES game involves jumping the equivalent of 3 story buildings and fighting a dragon.
Best you're going to be able to do is reference of a guy who can jump somewhat better and a hammer that makes anything quiver in it's wake.

Yeah and his first game as we know them was NES not SNES

Platymus Pus
2015-03-18, 03:18 AM
Yeah and his first game as we know them was NES not SNES

Actually an arcade cabinet is the first one.
Just woke up, meant NES.

JyP
2015-03-18, 03:29 AM
Ok but where can I find Grig ninja info
Grig is a little sprite - you can find it in pathfinder SRD site. It even has some fey powers which can match the various illusion effects from Mario games ^^

The same for ninja class - on pathfinder srd site.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 03:46 AM
Actually an arcade cabinet is the first one.
Just woke up, meant NES.

Ok but I said as we know them as in super mario bros on if you want to get technical his first game was on computer released in 1978

Platymus Pus
2015-03-18, 03:50 AM
Ok but I said as we know them as in super mario bros on if you want to get technical his first game was on computer released in 1978
Never heard of that, mind linking to evidence for it.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-03-18, 03:56 AM
Monk/Aegis/Pyrokineticist.

Unarmed strikes, and leaping skills from the Monk.

Powerful Build, stat boosts, enlargement from the Aegis.

Firepower from the Pyro.

Done and done. No fuss, no muss. You don't need epic levels, you just need to match what Mario can do not everything he has done.

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 04:23 AM
Never heard of that, mind linking to evidence for it.

Sorry don't know how to link but Wikipedia has the info so you can Google it🎲

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 04:24 AM
Monk/Aegis/Pyrokineticist.

Unarmed strikes, and leaping skills from the Monk.

Powerful Build, stat boosts, enlargement from the Aegis.

Firepower from the Pyro.

Done and done. No fuss, no muss. You don't need epic levels, you just need to match what Mario can do not everything he has done.

Very useful thanks🎲

Platymus Pus
2015-03-18, 05:38 AM
Sorry don't know how to link but Wikipedia has the info so you can Google it🎲

Every source says 1981.
Anyway I'd focus on Luigi, actually has a character and is easier to manage.
Mario has every skill under the moon to go along with his strength levels of throwing dragon's around like ragdolls.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-03-18, 06:14 AM
Mechanically, they're functionally the same.

A boss battle that requires throwing something Godzilla-sized around means literally nothing, when the game says 'for this fight, you can do X' because it's visually-impressive.

Outside of a boss battle, Mario doesn't normally do DBZ-level stuff.

atemu1234
2015-03-18, 07:07 AM
Mechanically, they're functionally the same.

A boss battle that requires throwing something Godzilla-sized around means literally nothing, when the game says 'for this fight, you can do X' because it's visually-impressive.

Outside of a boss battle, Mario doesn't normally do DBZ-level stuff.

True enough, I suppose.

... ... Human Factotum?

Der_DWSage
2015-03-18, 07:41 AM
I'd actually say there's a decent amount of Homebrew that needs to be done for accurate Mario Brothers representation. Though that said, the Mario Brothers themselves...

Human Rogue (Acrobat Archetype) 4 (They tend to have to aim for weak spots to do any damage at all)
Stats:Not important, use whatever Array you want
Talents:Expert Leaper, Wall Mastery
Feats:Skill Focus(Acrobatics), Skill Focus(Use Magic Device), Run
Skills:Profession(Plumber), Acrobatics, and Use Magic Device are keystones of being a Mario Brother.

As for the homebrew, that comes in the form of the power-ups they tend to find everywhere. In order...

Slotless Wondrous Item, CL 1
The Mushroom is an item that has two powers innate to itself. The first is that the person that eats the Mushroom is affected by Enlarge Person. The second is that it converts the first 5 points of damage taken into nonlethal damage as per the spell Ablative Barrier. Once eaten, this mushroom's effects last until the Ablative Barrier is removed.

Market Price:150 GP

Slotless Wondrous Item, CL 3
The Fire Flower grants the bearer the ability to throw Fireballs, as if using the spell Produce Flame. Up to three fireballs may be thrown per round, and it replenishes fireballs until the wearer takes damage.

Slotless Wondrous Item, CL 5
The Tanuki Leaf allows the wearer to fly with a 30 foot move speed and a maneuverability of average, and grants a tail slap secondary natural attack dealing 1d6+1/2 Strength Modifier, as if using Beast Shape I but without changing your subtype. This lasts until the wearer is damaged.

Market Price:750 GP

Slotless Wondrous Item, CL 17
This item creates a localized Prismatic Sphere around the wearer. The radius conforms to the wearer's body, but anything that touches the wearer suffers the full effects of the Prismatic Sphere. The sphere travels with the wearer, but it only lasts 17 rounds before burning out and becoming useless.

Market Price:7650 GP
...And so on and so forth and whatnot.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-18, 08:17 AM
I guess Toad and the Goombas are subspecies of myconids. The Koopas are anthropomorphic turtles. Bowser would be, what, an anthropomorphic dragon turtle?

Tohsaka Rin
2015-03-18, 10:55 AM
Snip

Aegis covers the Mushroom, using reconfigure suit to apply Enlarge Person (via increased size) when needed. It also covers part of the Lead via Flight.

Pyrokineticist covers the Fire Flower (Bolt of Fire for throwing fireballs), as well as (mostly) the Invincibility Star (Nimbus gives you DR, and a melee touch attack, functionally the same as running into things).

...Of course, insisting on using class abilities is pretty silly, when Mario/Luigi gains those powers from ITEMS.

Refluffed potions of Enlarge Person, Flight, ect... Done and done.

Over-thinking and suggesting homebrew isn't usually the best solution, since some people (they exist) don't like using it at their table.

Keep it simple (silly).

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 01:37 PM
Every source says 1981.
Anyway I'd focus on Luigi, actually has a character and is easier to manage.
Mario has every skill under the moon to go along with his strength levels of throwing dragon's around like ragdolls.

Okay I may have been mistaken but I would prefer luigi anyway thanks

Orion Hamby
2015-03-18, 01:40 PM
I'd actually say there's a decent amount of Homebrew that needs to be done for accurate Mario Brothers representation. Though that said, the Mario Brothers themselves...

Human Rogue (Acrobat Archetype) 4 (They tend to have to aim for weak spots to do any damage at all)
Stats:Not important, use whatever Array you want
Talents:Expert Leaper, Wall Mastery
Feats:Skill Focus(Acrobatics), Skill Focus(Use Magic Device), Run
Skills:Profession(Plumber), Acrobatics, and Use Magic Device are keystones of being a Mario Brother.

As for the homebrew, that comes in the form of the power-ups they tend to find everywhere. In order...

Slotless Wondrous Item, CL 1
The Mushroom is an item that has two powers innate to itself. The first is that the person that eats the Mushroom is affected by Enlarge Person. The second is that it converts the first 5 points of damage taken into nonlethal damage as per the spell Ablative Barrier. Once eaten, this mushroom's effects last until the Ablative Barrier is removed.

Slotless Wondrous Item, CL 3
The Fire Flower grants the bearer the ability to throw Fireballs, as if using the spell Produce Flame. Up to three fireballs may be thrown per round, and it replenishes fireballs until the wearer takes damage.

Slotless Wondrous Item, CL 5
The Tanuki Leaf allows the wearer to fly with a 30 foot move speed and a maneuverability of average, and grants a tail slap secondary natural attack dealing 1d6+1/2 Strength Modifier, as if using Beast Shape I but without changing your subtype. This lasts until the wearer is damaged.

Market Price:750 GP

Slotless Wondrous Item, CL 17
This item creates a localized Prismatic Sphere around the wearer. The radius conforms to the wearer's body, but anything that touches the wearer suffers the full effects of the Prismatic Sphere. The sphere travels with the wearer, but it only lasts 17 rounds before burning out and becoming useless.

Market Price:7650 GP
...And so on and so forth and whatnot.

Great thank you and it's tanooki not tanuki

Orion Hamby
2015-03-22, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=Tohsaka
Over-thinking and suggesting homebrew isn't usually the best solution, since some people (they exist) don't like using it at their table.

Keep it simple (silly).[/QUOTE]
I'm DM so allowed material not a problem