PDA

View Full Version : No Problem!

Enzario
2007-04-10, 04:53 PM
What sort of skills/feats/abilities/classes lend themselves most to a character that's able to get themselves out of pretty much every imagineable situation? My problem that I seem to run into is that no class has enough skill points to invest in all the skills needed to do something like this. I've looked into Artificers, Rogues, Bards, among others, and I haven't really seen a true jack-of-all trades that is viable on his own (I don't want to play a support character).

Any suggestions?

Lolth
2007-04-10, 05:13 PM
Factotum from the Dungeonscape supplement?

They are teh awesome!

(Feel free to tell me why they suck, I will remain unconvinced!)

Edo
2007-04-10, 05:58 PM
In two words, "changeling rogue." Changeling rogues using the racial substitution levels are impressively close to JOAT. (As long as you're not dealing with too many traps, that is.)

storybookknight
2007-04-10, 06:03 PM
If you play a bard using the PHB2 variant, you can have the Jack of All Trades class feature instead of Bardic Knowledge, which may be a fair deal for some players.

Also, I don't know what you're looking for precisely, but a multiclass Ranger/Bard has access to every skill in the game.

Darkxarth
2007-04-10, 06:07 PM
What sort of skills/feats/abilities/classes lend themselves most to a character that's able to get themselves out of pretty much every imagineable situation? My problem that I seem to run into is that no class has enough skill points to invest in all the skills needed to do something like this. I've looked into Artificers, Rogues, Bards, among others, and I haven't really seen a true jack-of-all trades that is viable on his own (I don't want to play a support character).

Any suggestions?

Theoretically, there shouldn't be any one class that can do everything, it would be either completely broken or completely broken or totally useless. Bard is about as good as it gets, in my experience. Some damaging spells, some healing, buffs, skills, and some combat.

SpiderBrigade
2007-04-10, 06:26 PM
Changeling factotum/chameleon/warlock is something you might think about. I'm away from books so I can't really crunch it right now, but you'd get a lot of flexibility there.