PDA

View Full Version : Suitable familiar for Shadar-kai sorcerer [3.5]

Bad Wolf
2015-03-18, 01:24 AM
I'm in the process of making a Shadar-kai sorcerer//binder gestalt, and I was looking for a suitable shadow-related familiar to complete the picture.

The trouble is, I can't really find any. I looked in ToM and found the Shadow Familiar feat, but that requires me to be a shadowcaster. Any others that I can take from first level?

Crake
2015-03-18, 01:50 AM
I'm in the process of making a Shadar-kai sorcerer//binder gestalt, and I was looking for a suitable shadow-related familiar to complete the picture.

The trouble is, I can't really find any. I looked in ToM and found the Shadow Familiar feat, but that requires me to be a shadowcaster. Any others that I can take from first level?

just ask your DM to allow you to take the shadow familiar feat, it's not like it's any more broken than improved familiar after all.

Bad Wolf
2015-03-18, 12:04 PM
just ask your DM to allow you to take the shadow familiar feat, it's not like it's any more broken than improved familiar after all.

Hmm...guess I could do that.

Thurbane
2015-03-18, 03:26 PM
You could also see if the DM will let you take the Shadowform Familiar feat from Champions of Ruin, if he will let Shadar-Kai substitute for Krinth.

Bad Wolf
2015-03-19, 02:28 PM
You could also see if the DM will let you take the Shadowform Familiar feat from Champions of Ruin, if he will let Shadar-Kai substitute for Krinth.

The one that dies if you go beyond 30 feet from it?

Thurbane
2015-03-19, 06:14 PM
The one that dies if you go beyond 30 feet from it?

That's the one - I still consider a feat for an incorporeal familiar a decent trade, even if it has a very limited range.

Really depends how you want to use your familiar...

ShurikVch
2015-03-20, 05:44 AM
Dragon #322 have Darkness Familiar feat.
Accessible familiars:
5th level - Night Hunter Bat (Monsters of Faerūn)
6th - Shadow Asp (Fiend Folio)
7th - Darkness Pseudo-Elmental (small) (Dr#322)
8th - Sinister Bat (Monsters of Faerūn)
9th - Shadow
10th - Dark Creeper (Fiend Folio)
12th - Darkenbeast (Monsters of Faerūn)
14th - Cloaker
- Shadow Mastiff
- Wraith