PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Character creation help

Rodrigo
2015-03-18, 05:33 AM
Hey, i'm starting to play D&D and i want to play as a elf wizard based on Vaarsuvius.

As i'm posting this i rolled 15, 10, 10, 14, 11 and 18 for the stats. I appreciate all help building this character for i am a newbie at this.

Bradykin
2015-03-18, 05:38 AM
Well, let`s start with the stats. I`ll give you how I would lay those out for your character:

Str: 10
Dex: 14
Con: 15
Int: 18
Wis: 11
Cha: 10

Next i`ll follow up by asking if you intend to use any wizard archetypes, and if you have any plans to use prestige classes in the future.

Pilo
2015-03-18, 08:09 AM
According to this (http://oots.wikia.com/wiki/Vaarsuvius), Vaarsuvius is a High elf evoker.

As you are new to this game, you should know that being a wizard require a lot of player's time investment.

So
Class : Wizard specialized in evocation (dropping conjuration and necromancy) (If i were you I would drop enchantment instead of conjuration)
Race : High elf (Grey elf from monster manual 1 are better if you agree to minor change)
Stats :
Str: 11 or 9 (11-2 if grey elf)
Dex: 16 (14+2)
Con: 13 (15-2) or 16 (18-2 if grey elf)
Int: 18 or 17 (15+2 if grey elf)
Wis: 10
Cha: 10

Spell selection recommandation:
Lvl 1 :
Burning hand (PHB) or Jet of steam (Complete mage)
Magic missile (PHB)
Light of Lunia (Spell compendium)
Mage armor (PHB)
Ray of Flame (Spell compendium)
Color spray (PHB)

Feat recommandation :
1st : Enlarge Spell
3rd : I recommand you Sculpt spell (Cityscape) which can make Burning hand/Jet of steam and color spray zone greater and safer for you to cast them.

KillianHawkeye
2015-03-18, 02:37 PM
Rodrigo, did you have any specific questions or are you looking for general advice on everything? Are you starting at level 1 or will it be a higher level?