PDA

View Full Version : Most Heroic moment you had

Jackofalltrades
2015-03-18, 11:14 AM
I love to play good align characters. anything from lawful human crusaders in shining armor with their capes blowing in the wind while wielding a holy greatsword to chaotic halfling wizards that use their magic to vanish evil that would use their own magic to harm the inncent. my problem is that my group hasn't play a single campaign for more then 4 sessions :smallfrown: though i always wanted to do something so good and heroic that it seemed impossible. the against all odds kinda thing. what heroic moments have you had? have you ever done something impossible in the name of goodness?

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-18, 11:28 AM
As you can tell from my name, I am there with you. LP's the name, LG's my game. You might enjoy a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?400228-Have-you-ever-roleplayed-so-hard-that-it-got-your-charcter-killed) that was started a while back, it contains a lot of good stories. As for a personal story, you'll find my favorite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18864102&postcount=17) in there as well.

Karl Aegis
2015-03-18, 12:10 PM
I saved the world from a metallic dragon and angel invasion. Don't need none of that on MY home world.

torrasque666
2015-03-18, 12:11 PM
I've punched a demilich in the face. Repeatedly.

Jackofalltrades
2015-03-18, 12:58 PM
I saved the world from a metallic dragon and angel invasion. Don't need none of that on MY home world.

aren't metallic dragons and angels good?

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-18, 01:03 PM
Let me help you out.

Red Fel
2015-03-18, 01:05 PM

Don't believe the propaganda.

bjoern
2015-03-18, 01:05 PM
Deathless frenzy. Bada** way to go out in a blaze of glory. Flesh falling off your bones after his acidic breath attack. Bitten in half, and yet, you just keep hacking at him with an axe.DM played the dragons disbelief perfectly.

Karl Aegis
2015-03-18, 01:12 PM

Being Good doesn't automatically make you right.

Dolour
2015-03-18, 01:13 PM
BBEG appears on the scene, starting bis all-explaining speech, when ma wizard took his chance to blow some ackbars magic dust in his face.
One failed save later said BBEG finds himself surrounded by the party, starting his monologue AGAIN.
Hello suprise round, and goodbye evildoer guy. ~~

Not epic in terms of being worldsaving, but none the less hillarious. :p

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-18, 01:14 PM
Don't believe the propaganda.
Case in point. Detect Evil is pinging off the charts.

Karl Aegis
2015-03-18, 01:29 PM
Case in point. Detect Evil is pinging off the charts.

CAN someone who kills massive amounts of angels and metallic dragons ping as evil? It seems to me like that would greatly inhibit their ability to do so.

Dolour
2015-03-18, 01:31 PM
where exactly did he state something about being good?
evil campaigns can be great fun... ~~

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-18, 01:35 PM
CAN someone where kills massive amounts of angels and metallic dragons ping as evil? It seems to me like that would greatly inhibit their ability to do so.
I'd think that'd make it easier. It's also at will, so I can do it anytime I'd like.

Karl Aegis
2015-03-18, 01:56 PM
I'd think that'd make it easier. It's also at will, so I can do it anytime I'd like.

You can try, but I wouldn't be very heroic if I was detectable by anything less than a 6th level spell. It's not like I was using their corpses to create powerful undead minions, anyways. If I didn't get to them first, they would have become undead pretty much guaranteed. I'm not the irresponsible one here.

YossarianLives
2015-03-18, 02:02 PM
There was the time my gnome paladin was hurled at the BBEG from the back of a wyvern, knocking him off a tower the height of Mount Everest.

We then proceeded to have a midair sword duel.

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-18, 02:06 PM
You can try, but I wouldn't be very heroic if I was detectable by anything less than a 6th level spell. It's not like I was using their corpses to create powerful undead minions, anyways. If I didn't get to them first, they would have become undead pretty much guaranteed. I'm not the irresponsible one here.
It's a good thing Smite Evil doesn't need to detect evil. It just knows. The laws a comin' for ya.

Karl Aegis
2015-03-18, 02:26 PM
It's a good thing Smite Evil doesn't need to detect evil. It just knows. The laws a comin' for ya.

Well, Law is coming for me anyways. Law just attacks at random with no predictability on their part. I'm not afraid of oversized dice, anyways.

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-18, 02:29 PM
Well, Law is coming for me anyways. Law just attacks at random with no predictability on their part. I'm not afraid of oversized dice, anyways.
You know what? On second thought, you just do your thing. You might start out in Baator... some nice people there. You'll like them.

Karl Aegis
2015-03-18, 02:33 PM
You know what? On second thought, you just do your thing. You might start out in Baator... some nice people there. You'll like them.

You'd think I would go to a better place like Acheron or Carceri.

Jackofalltrades
2015-03-18, 03:30 PM
okaayyyy.... this forum got a little bit off topic.

what i meant was, what was the coolest/incredible/craziness thing you done to stop something Evil/Wrong while playing a (Good) align character.
for example: a Neutral good crusader holds off a horde of goblins while his injured friends escape.

edit: please no fighting on my forum. everyone has their own opinion.

LoyalPaladin
2015-03-18, 03:39 PM
what i meant was, what was the coolest/incredible/craziness thing you done to stop something Evil/Wrong while playing a (Good) align character.
Haha! Good triumphs!

I'd still like to refer to this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18864102&postcount=17). If you like heroic (good) roleplay, you should read The Powder Keg of Justice (http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Powder_Keg_of_Justice).

edit: please no fighting on my forum. everyone has their own opinion.
It's just friendly banter! We aren't fighting! Yet.

Shining Wrath
2015-03-18, 03:49 PM
I sundered a Staff of Power.

Lady Vol was holding it at the time. She was performing a ritual to bring her living body forward from the past, so she could have children and bring the Mark of Death back into the world.

I wound up on Xoriat, the Plane of Dreams. Lady Vol wound up taking the full brunt of the explosion and vanished, but the rest of the party failed and did not search for her phylactery.