PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need something like NWN2DB for making characters

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-18, 04:53 PM
I need to make a rather advanced mix of race, classes, feats, and all kinda other shenanigans, and I dont have Excell on my computer, so I was wondering just as the title suggests, is there a site or program I can download that I can fill in fields and make my character one level at a time to make sure I dont miss anything, or at least something I can do by hand?

Heliomance
2015-03-18, 05:36 PM
Not without excel, I'm afraid. And as such a thing would necessarily be at least somewhat copyright violating, we're forbidden from discussing it here.

Unusual Muse
2015-03-18, 05:44 PM
It's really a shame that eTools is no longer being supported, because personally I found that to be a fantastic way to manage this stuff, especially being able to modify the database.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-18, 05:51 PM
Not without excel, I'm afraid. And as such a thing would necessarily be at least somewhat copyright violating, we're forbidden from discussing it here.

If it was disclosing copy wright information then I could see that, but I am just looking for a tool that can be used to more easily make characters, not so much filled with all of the d&d content as I already have that part covered (and is in fact why I am in such a situation lol)

What about all the homebrew that is made on the d&d wiki? What do they use to make that?

Unusual Muse
2015-03-18, 05:56 PM
Are you looking for just a fill-inable character sheet that is not an Excel spreadsheet?

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-18, 08:50 PM
Are you looking for just a fill-inable character sheet that is not an Excel spreadsheet?

Well no, I dont really need a sheet as I am using Mythweavers for that. What I need is a level progression kinda deal.

If you go to NWN2DB (neverwinter nights 2 database) it has an option to make a character for the game.
The DB of course has the game information programed in, but I am not looking for that. What I am looking for is how I can add one level of this class, get this feat at this level, these skill points, these are the save changes, all of that in one nice field of view.
Excell of course would be best for this, but sadly I do not own it :(

Something that works like excell would work too, but I figured that for how long d&d has been out, someone had to have made something for it :P

Unusual Muse
2015-03-24, 05:34 PM
I've been using eTools ever since it came out, and despite the fact that it hasn't been supported for quite some time, it remains my favorite tool for this kind of thing. Customized stuff is easily added in the built-in House Rules interface, and if you need something beyond that and are willing to spend some time, once you grok the database structure it is fairly simple to add your own content.

Andezzar
2015-03-24, 06:46 PM
If you go to NWN2DB (neverwinter nights 2 database) it has an option to make a character for the game.
The DB of course has the game information programed in, but I am not looking for that. What I am looking for is how I can add one level of this class, get this feat at this level, these skill points, these are the save changes, all of that in one nice field of view.The problem is that the information that class x has a d10 hit die, strong fort saves and weak ref and will saves etc. is copyrighted information, unless it is for the classes in the SRD, and even without other classes it is a questionable idea because the information on how to level up is also copyrighted.

Excell of course would be best for this, but sadly I do not own it :(

Something that works like excell would work too, but I figured that for how long d&d has been out, someone had to have made something for it :PIf you can somehow get Microsoft Excel (and not Libre/Open Office) Heroforge will probably do exactly what you want. It is not as easy to use as NWN2DB but it has a lot more options.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-24, 06:51 PM
The problem is that the information that class x has a d10 hit die, strong fort saves and weak ref and will saves etc. is copyrighted information, unless it is for the classes in the SRD, and even without other classes it is a questionable idea because the information on how to level up is also copyrighted.

If you can somehow get Microsoft Excel (and not Libre/Open Office) Heroforge will probably do exactly what you want. It is not as easy to use as NWN2DB but it has a lot more options.

It does not need to do the math or have any of the words, all it needs is the fields that I can fill out myself so I can see what I have at each level instead of just adding it up, overwriting the older values

Andezzar
2015-03-24, 06:53 PM
You can do that by hand in your favorite spreadsheet program or on google docs.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-24, 07:16 PM
You can do that by hand in your favorite spreadsheet program or on google docs.

That is what I am trying to find. I dont have excell sadly, so I need something to download.

I wrote the thread in hopes that maybe WoTC made some kinda program too, but it looks like they are being lazy about there products :P

Shadowsend
2015-03-24, 07:23 PM
If you have access to google docs, you can make a sheet on there.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-24, 08:16 PM
If you have access to google docs, you can make a sheet on there.

I will give that one a shot :)