PDA

View Full Version : Best Candidates for the Spell Stowaway Feat

Rubik
2015-03-18, 06:20 PM
I'm looking at epic feats which are actually useful. Sadly, not many of them are. One exception, however, is Spell Stowaway, which allows you to choose a specific spell, and when that spell is cast within 300' by someone within line of sight (all other considerations notwithstanding), you are affected by that spell.

So far, Wish and Miracle look like good contenders, especially with selective immunity to those effects via the helmed horror. Any time someone casts a beneficial Wish or Miracle within 300', you automatically gain the benefit of two of the most powerful spells in the game. The same applies to Reality Revision, with transparency. Time Stop is a definite, as well, so your foes are denied that bit of action economy advantage (not to mention that allies casting it gain double the benefit, since it affects you, too). And Temporal Acceleration, for the exact same reasons as Time Stop.

I'd say that various teleportation options, such as (Greater) Teleport and Plane Shift, would be good contenders, as that would allow you to follow fleeing foes, but without selective immunity, the Spell Stowaway feat activates automatically, and there are times when you don't want to be whisked away from where you are, such as when a friend is leaving your house via teleportation, or an enemy casts Plane Shift on a rock because he knows you're vulnerable.

Anyone have any other suggestions for good spells than what I've got here? Plus, is there any way to extend the effect past 300'?