PDA

View Full Version : Is 360 Eternal Sonata worth it if you don't have a PS3?

MonkeySage
2015-03-19, 01:54 AM
Recently found out about this unique JRPG that piqued my interest, Eternal Sonata. I hear that the 360 version is disappointing compared to PS3, but since I neither have nor am able to afford a PS3, I was wondering if the game would be worth it on 360.

Mutant Sheep
2015-03-19, 02:37 AM
I have only experienced the 360 version, and I would say it's still an enjoyable experience. I believe the main difference was in whether you get a character for more of the game or not?:smallconfused: Other game completionist stuff too, I'm sure, but the 360 experience felt complete and enjoyable to me.

Ogremindes
2015-03-19, 03:22 AM
I can't attest to the ps3 version, but the 360 version was enjoyable but also disappointing. At what feels like 2/3 of the way in it jumps to the endgame, as if the developer ran out of time or money.

GloatingSwine
2015-03-19, 04:47 PM
The additional content in the PS3 version are basically an additional quest here and there, two extra playable characters, and the ending was rewritten/retranslated to be slightly less incomprehensible and bizarre, and it's been made a bit harder.

I don't think it will radically change the experience, Eternal Sonata is pretty as hell, the battle engine is fun (though the fun mechanics unlock annoyingly slowly because that was the thing back then, see also FF13), and the soundtrack is great, but it's also super linear and the story is bonkers.

MonkeySage
2015-03-19, 05:45 PM
May excuse a wacky story due to this all pretty much being a dream. ^_^

I've been listening to some of the soundtrack... that's actually what got me interested in the first place. :)