PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Battle Caster Offence Feat conversion to Pathfinder

andhaira
2015-03-19, 02:43 PM
Complete Mage D&D 3.5e has this great feat called Battlecaster Offence.

I was wondering if anyone had ever converted it to Pathfinder, or if there was an official Pathfinder version of this feat?

Secret Wizard
2015-03-19, 03:10 PM
Sort of.

For the DC part, there's the Arcane Strike // Riving Strike combo, which is official pathfinder stuff. Total of +2 DC to the next spell.

The first part... there's nothing quite like it.

andhaira
2015-03-23, 12:29 PM
Any tips to converting it to Pathfinder? I can bring it over wholescale, but since PF feats are slightly stronger I need help on how to enhance the 3.5e one

Red Fel
2015-03-23, 12:40 PM
It reads kind of like the Magus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus) capstone.

Think about it. The feat offers two options: (1) if you hit with a spell, +1 to your next melee attack roll against that target; and (2) if you hit with an attack, +1 to the next save DC on a spell you cast on that target. And here's the text of the Magus capstone, True Magus:
Whenever the magus uses spell combat and his spell targets the same creature as his melee attacks, he can choose to either increase the DC to resist the spell by +2, grant himself a +2 circumstance bonus on any checks made to overcome spell resistance, or grant himself a +2 circumstance bonus on all attack rolls made against the target during his turn.
In other words, when you use a spell and attack in the same round (because Magus can do that), you can either (1) take +2 to attack rolls; (2) increase the DC by +2; or (3) gain +2 to overcome SR.

Which is frankly better than Battlecaster Offense, but for the fact that it's a capstone, which means that the vast majority of players will never reach that point.

atemu1234
2015-03-24, 10:52 AM
Complete Mage D&D 3.5e has this great feat called Battlecaster Offence.

I was wondering if anyone had ever converted it to Pathfinder, or if there was an official Pathfinder version of this feat?

It probably doesn't, but I don't think conversion would be an issue.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-03-24, 05:22 PM
Any tips to converting it to Pathfinder? I can bring it over wholescale, but since PF feats are slightly stronger I need help on how to enhance the 3.5e one
Reduce the Spellcraft requirement to 1 rank, to fit that change in scaling. Otherwise, it's fine as-is. I mean, if you want to pump it up, I'd increase the bonus to +1 per 4-5 character levels, but I'd say the same about a lot of feats that made the cut unchanged. (CoughWeaponFocuscough, coughDodgecough)