PDA

View Full Version : I'm the Sharpie and the Party's my Drunk Sleeping Friend

critter3of4
2015-03-19, 04:42 PM
Title inspired by a line by Gritmonger in this thread about Kenders
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?404391-won-t-anyone-think-of-the-Kender/page3

Have a disastrous experience where a character decided to a crap all over your game? What were the consequences?

I've played with the same group over the years, so this probably would never in my home game. Just curious.

Mr.Sandman
2015-03-19, 09:29 PM
M&M 2nd edition. The important 2 players to this event being a transmuter type, anything to anything, the other being a techy. Plot: Transmuters semi-boyfriends house is suddenly covered in a dome of shadows. The party gets there and the above 2 go in to investigate. Transmuter changes into pure darkness to see what happens, she absorbed some of the shadows and got more powerful, then into pure light, she feels drained and weak. Genius over to the side has her perform the experiments again on him, then asks her to turn him into a combination of the two. Only thing I could think of off the top of my head was ascension, he knew everything, but was no longer on the mortal plane. One of the other players, a magic user, self augmenting, says 'if he knows everything he knows how to clone himself on the mortal plane and create a link to him. I allow it, like a moron, and he eventually gives up his ascension to save Transmuter's boyfriend and his family. That session left me shaken, the next left me in the fetal position in the corner of the room.

The immortal forces of the universe (law, knowledge, magic, etc.) are a bit worried about the gaping hole in reality caused by his rapid as- and decension, and approach them to put them in trial. They beat Law in the courtroom with arguments that they should let people know about things that could break the universe, and eventually pretty much duct taped the universe back together.

IZ42
2015-03-20, 03:33 PM
M&M 2nd edition. The important 2 players to this event being a transmuter type, anything to anything, the other being a techy. Plot: Transmuters semi-boyfriends house is suddenly covered in a dome of shadows. The party gets there and the above 2 go in to investigate. Transmuter changes into pure darkness to see what happens, she absorbed some of the shadows and got more powerful, then into pure light, she feels drained and weak. Genius over to the side has her perform the experiments again on him, then asks her to turn him into a combination of the two. Only thing I could think of off the top of my head was ascension, he knew everything, but was no longer on the mortal plane. One of the other players, a magic user, self augmenting, says 'if he knows everything he knows how to clone himself on the mortal plane and create a link to him. I allow it, like a moron, and he eventually gives up his ascension to save Transmuter's boyfriend and his family. That session left me shaken, the next left me in the fetal position in the corner of the room.

The immortal forces of the universe (law, knowledge, magic, etc.) are a bit worried about the gaping hole in reality caused by his rapid as- and decension, and approach them to put them in trial. They beat Law in the courtroom with arguments that they should let people know about things that could break the universe, and eventually pretty much duct taped the universe back together.

That actually sounds awesome.

Mr.Sandman
2015-03-22, 07:10 AM
Am I the only one willing to share these? Ok then. In the game in which my username is based on we have had a few. M&M again, of course. Post AU WW1 noirish game, the war ended when random people gained powers based on stories and mythology from energy based aliens who hitched a ride on a passing meteor shower. Game follows a group of PI's caught up in a plot to try and force someone to manifest the powers of War (the horseman). In the third game one of my friends joins as Vulcan, able to control metal and fire. They are on a train that has been rigged with some explosives and after my wife, Mermaid, exhausts herself making the first one unexplodable, Vulcan decides to move everyone out of the cars they know to be effected and just start flinging metal until they find it. Train rolls into station, falls apart, and the scrap is used for canned food. They later adopt a literal chameleon, a little lizard that changes into anything it is standing on, that was sent to kill them by Dr. Moreau, and use it and my wife to create an iceberg in the middle the desert in Egypt, to get the badguys to come to them. Vulcan once superheated the iron in one guys blood to get him to tell us where they would strike next. Infact, I seemed curl up into a little ball every three sessions or so in that game.

Demidos
2015-03-22, 07:26 AM
Your stories sound awesome though....:smallbiggrin:

Sith_Happens
2015-03-22, 12:50 PM
No one's done anything near "crapping all over the game," but in one of the D&D campaigns I'm currently in I'm pretty much the only player not constantly taking turns being the sharpie and/or the drunk sleeping friend. Luckily for the DM, what I am instead is the spray bottle full of acetone.

Specific stories to come when I have time.

IZ42
2015-03-22, 01:11 PM
No one's done anything near "crapping all over the game," but in one of the D&D campaigns I'm currently in I'm pretty much the only player not constantly taking turns being the sharpie and/or the drunk sleeping friend. Luckily for the DM, what I am instead is the spray bottle full of acetone.

Specific stories to come when I have time.

This sounds almost exactly like my table. Do I know you?

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 09:21 AM
One of the last AD&D 2e games I remember playing long ago (like, in 1998), we had a player who was a... I forget the name of the race*, but essentially a bipedal turtle. He was a psionic to boot, and completely derailed so much of the campaign's challenge that it made a joke of the whole thing. He also antagonized us, saying how much better he was (and kind of was due to the psionic powers he had) so he often bullied us to do what he wanted. The opening session was the party getting together for a dungeon where unplundered loot awaits (a key was needed to open it and only recently was found by one of the PCs as the plot hook). During the last night in town, a drow sneaks into my room and poisons me, stating I have about a week before the poison slowly kills me. The party must retrieve a valuable MacGuffin for her in the dungeon in exchange for the antidote.

We are all low level, so Remove Poison was a little out of our reach without a lot of work. The psionic used one of his abilities and removed it though. The GM just sat there looking at his notes since urgency was now removed. Well, we still go to do the dungeon crawl since there's loot and now a MacGuffin we can claim. We get past the guardian door and manage to survive the traps inside. The psionic easily kills most critters we find though, making the rest of us simply fodder for the traps.

Finally we get to the room the MacGuffin is held. It's hanging way up high in the chamber and requires us solving a mechanical puzzle to bring it down. So of course the psionic manages to practically portal his hand up to get it. So much for the puzzle. We loot the treasure we find and the psionic takes the lion's share because reasons (really, he was being smug about assuming he did most of the work). We were ambushed by the drow when we left the dungeon and the psionic killed her in two rounds, leaving us to deal with her henchmen (a fight made slightly difficult because the weapons we could have used from the loot to make the fight easy for us the psionic was carrying for no purpose but to sell them. He didn't even use those type of weapons!).

Now, all of this took place over the course of about 4 sessions. At the end of the 4th session we camped out and the psionic was finally out of juice to power his abilities so he tucked in early for bed. That is when my character (the elf rogue), the half-elf cleric, and the human wizard murdered the psionic in his sleep. Our usual voice of reason (the human fighter) took first watch and walked away to scout the perimeter, so he didn't witness the murder. Nor did he particularly care. :smallbiggrin:

*Googled the turtle race - Tortles. Huh.

Mr.Sandman
2015-03-24, 09:27 PM
2 more. What system? Why, Mutants and Masterminds 2E of course. The first is another 'why do I play with these lunatics?' type thing, the second is why I don't play with one of them anymore.

#1, or Why The Hunt for Red October is a documentary in this world.

The newly gathered team of superheroes had stopped the villian from taking over a nuclear power plant on the outskirts of the city, but the power levels were going nuts, and they needed another source of energy or it would explode. So the team decides nuclear would work best with more nuclear, so they travel back in time, steal a nuclear powered submarine, and hook it up. When I ask them what they will say when someone asks where they got one, they say now that its stable they can just hide the whole thing on the moon, and have their superman expy do just that.

Just a warning, this one gets pretty dark at the end. The same team as above had just stopped a bank robbery by a college professor and his prized students, all of whome are powerful psychics in some way. Our ironman expy says he wants to redeem the youngest, an astrial projector who caused him a lot of grief in the battle. He takes her with him, seals her powers, and then, this is the dark bit, just a second warning,

scrubs her face off with a metal scouring pad. I promptly ended the game, and only made the mistake of playing with him once ever again.

Sith_Happens
2015-03-24, 10:32 PM
That... is not what "redeem" means.:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

TheCountAlucard
2015-03-25, 09:22 AM
That... is not what "redeem" means.:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:Maybe they're just used to "absolving" people in that God of War ripoff. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante's_Inferno_(video_game))

Rad Mage
2015-03-25, 09:38 AM
I wasn't running this game but I played in it.

We had a player how always played Evil characters (capitol E intentional).

She usually kept the rampant slaughtering in check though. Until we hit our first dungeon. Then she decided that it would be great fun to set off every trap in the place. We thought they were just mistakes until she triggered a fireball trap while I was trying to disarm it....twice.

Mr.Sandman
2015-03-25, 02:41 PM
Maybe they're just used to "absolving" people in that God of War ripoff. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante's_Inferno_(video_game))

Huh, never knew that existed, and it came out roughly 5 months before that session, so thats not too bad a theory.