PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic X: Season 2 Part 7

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Humble Master
2015-03-19, 08:33 PM
Adepha actually get's her wing caught by the hole and spins out of control as she enters the room, foiling her attack. Spark has similar luck as the Inquisitor easily dodges his attack. By the light of Adepha you see that the Elose and Xarid are backing up from the false Arlia, both badly wounded. The Inquisitor chuckles. "You certainly are all enjoyable opponents. But really, a few ice walls isn't going to keep my backup held for long and form the looks of it you are all pretty tired. I'm sure you will be able to get your strength back while you're asleep in cocoons though. Now then, your little machine seems to have done something very interesting Jelsara. I wonder what...” the Inquisitor was cut off as a section of the cocoon cracked, spilling multihued light out of the crevice. It cracked again, like an egg being breached and finally shattered in an explosion of light. The being that hovered there was indeed something like a fusion of a Crystal Pony and a Changling. It's translucent, sparkling fur was interrupted by plates of crystalline carapace. It's horn was curved and elegant, like a glass sculpture. It's wing retained their insectile appearance but looked as though they were made of multihued stained glass. The Crystalling gleamed with an inner light, a nimbus of greenish light. It spoke in Solnade's voice. "So this is what it feels like." Solnade lowered his horn and sent a wave of energy surging through the cave and out the entrance. Even to those without empathic sense you could feel the love which permeated the magic. For Adepha, the love seemed as tangible as the cave flour. Once the light passed, you looked and saw that the Arbties has all ceased moving, looks of surprise and amazement on their faces.

http://i57.tinypic.com/1zqwtjc.jpg

Dodge:[roll0]+20=31Spark's claws
Dodge:[roll1]+20=23 Adepha's hooves

DigoDragon
2015-03-19, 08:52 PM
In the glow of the light, Sabina saw that she was fully pony again. She felt a bit tired from that experience, but there was still wind in her to keep fighting. "Uh, so where's the other one?" Sabina asked.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 08:53 PM
I am not tired at all I will face all of you arbiters if needed. Spark says as he charges the Changling again claws blazing only during the strike

[roll0]+10
[roll1]+11

Rater202
2015-03-19, 09:01 PM
Gear pokes the machine.

I second the question and ask where the other one is.

Gear then notices that Sabina isn't a dragon anymore. Gear is noticeably disappointed, even to those without emotion sensing.

DigoDragon
2015-03-19, 09:11 PM
"Spark, wait! They aren't... moving," Sabina points out.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-19, 09:22 PM
Adepha fumbled to the ground after she clipped her wing, but she swiftly recovered and dropped into a wide stance, ready for the Arbiter's retaliatory attack. However her attention quickly turned to the contraption as she sensed a bright source of love that shone in her empathy-senses like a beacon. He reaction was very much like the Arbiters, where she looked at Jelsara with amazement.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 09:27 PM
Spark stops Why stop? They are still after the Crystallings!

DigoDragon
2015-03-19, 09:33 PM
"Trap them silly! Subtle and Gear are pretty bruised up, so put them behind a wall and we can smash the machine so they get nothing."

Rater202
2015-03-19, 09:35 PM
"Trap them silly! Subtle and Gear are pretty bruised up, so put them behind a wall and we can smash the machine so they get nothing."

Could me not smash the machine until after we know what happened to the other potentially suicidal idiot.

I'd rather not have a death on my head.

Gear still sounds disappointed by something.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 09:37 PM
Could we not smash the machine at all? And what trap how will we trap them?

DigoDragon
2015-03-19, 09:38 PM
Could me not smash the machine until after we know what happened to the other potentially suicidal idiot.

"Right, right, but first step is to detain these changelings before they snap to," Sabina replies.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Could we not smash the machine at all? And what trap how will we trap them?

"Your ice wall breath thingy?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 09:41 PM
I can freeze them with it to. Spark says. He moves over to wait on the others cue, especially Adepha if it was alright.

DigoDragon
2015-03-19, 09:47 PM
I can freeze them with it to.

"Then do it! That's what I'm talking about!" Sabina shouted happily.

Rater202
2015-03-19, 09:53 PM
Gear just sits there, still disappointed by the lack of a dracony to hug.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 10:05 PM
Spark sneaks around behind Gear, and pounce on him with a hug.
What do you think buddy? should I freeze the arbiters.

Rater202
2015-03-19, 10:13 PM
Spark sneaks around behind Gear, and pounce on him with a hug.
What do you think buddy? should I freeze the arbiters.

Ow! Spark, no sudden touching. I'm really banged up.

On the one hoof, they did threaten to turn us and your mother over to Queen Sociopathic Bitch, who I'm sure would love to have our heads on plauques after we beat her back in You-Know-Where. I also think he might have threatened us with either stasis cocoons or transformation cocoons. Not too fond of either.

On the other hoof, I really don't feel like it'd bee a good idea for us to kill them, and freezing them alive could do that.

Gear might talk big about strangling arbies with their entrails or killing them with potato colonoscopies, but when push comes to shove, his guiding element of kindness shines through, making him unwilling to commit to such cruelty.

And the one impersonating Arlia said their were others, so we should probably deal with them before they leave and abduct our loved ones to get us to surrender ourselves to them. I really don't want to have to choose between my head and my parents and Monkey being alright.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 10:30 PM
I already delt with them with Adepha, they are stuck out side, and can't break my ice if they do, well then I can freeze them instead.

Rater202
2015-03-19, 10:39 PM
Yeah. Outside.

Where they could fly away and foalnap our loved ones in order to get us to surrender ourselves and the machine, only to screw us over and forcibly transform our loved ones into arbiter slave-lings anyway, after doing the same to us and/or executing us and mounting our heads on plaques and gifting them to Queen Sociopathic Bitch.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 10:51 PM
and we have their leader

Rater202
2015-03-19, 10:55 PM
and we have their leader

And the Arbiter Queen's policy is "kill'em as soon as they're not useful anymore".

Meaning they could easily fly off and foalnap all of our friends and family and kill them one at a time until we come out.

We need to go deal with them now and...

Gear's starting to blackhole. His paranoia's getting real bad.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 11:08 PM
Spark keep hugging Gear.We will, we will, just calm buddy calm down.

Rater202
2015-03-19, 11:10 PM
Spark keep hugging Gear.We will, we will, just calm buddy calm down.

Don't Hug Me!

You were in there with the arbies alone. How do I know you're even Spark? How do I know she's even Adepha?

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-19, 11:13 PM
Gear please don't at least not to Dephy, suspect me but not Dephy.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 06:06 AM
"I still say freeze them," Sabina interrupts. "We can then have guards come over to detain 'em and no one has their family or significant other ponynapped."

Rater202
2015-03-20, 08:06 AM
"I still say freeze them," Sabina interrupts. "We can then have guards come over to detain 'em and no one has their family or significant other ponynapped."

That could kill them, and doesn't do anything for the ones outside.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 08:30 AM
"How about we put them behind an ice wall in the corner?" Sabina suggested. "These are arbiters, they're pretty difficult to hurt anyway."

Rater202
2015-03-20, 08:49 AM
"How about we put them behind an ice wall in the corner?" Sabina suggested. "These are arbiters, they're pretty difficult to hurt anyway."

Still doesn't do anything about the ones outside.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 08:58 AM

"Well, at least it's less to deal with. We could try a scatter approach-- we rush them and then attempt to flee in different directions so that some of us make it to find help."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 01:48 PM

Gear I want you to calm down first, then we can take care of the Arbiters out side.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 01:57 PM
Gear I want you to calm down first, then we can take care of the Arbiters out side.

Can't calm down until we deal with them. Still don't know if you're really Spark.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 01:58 PM
And me defending Dephy wasn't enough.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 02:00 PM
And me defending Dephy wasn't enough.

Xanthe acted just like Adepha.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 02:05 PM
Adepha hovers, oblivious to the conversation around her as she looks upon the newbown Crystalling with awe.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 02:22 PM
No he didn't not fully, there were clear tells that showed it was not Dephy.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 02:29 PM
No he didn't not fully, there were clear tells that showed it was not Dephy.

But he still fooled all of us-I even hugged him when he was spilling that trie about not being able to fly free and leave Vanhoover.

So, "Sparky" prove you're really Spark. Tell me something only the real Spark would know.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 02:30 PM
GO a head and hit me with a fire spell there will be your proof Gear. After all I know you still want some payback from when i hit you.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 02:36 PM
GO a head and hit me with a fire spell there will be your proof Gear. After all I know you still want some payback from when i hit you.

I can't cast fire spells. I'm a technomancer, not a pyromancer. Besides, "protection from fire" spells are a thing.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 02:36 PM
So, "Sparky" prove you're really Spark. Tell me something only the real Spark would know.

"Well only Spark would say something as inane as 'hit me' like that to foster revenge. I'm convinced."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 02:40 PM
Gear, I am wanting to be your friend, but you need to trust me. I am Spark.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 02:43 PM
Gear, I am wanting to be your friend, but you need to trust me. I am Spark.

I trust Spark, but I don't know for sure that you're Spark.

So, tell me something that only Spark would know. Whisper it in my ear if you have to.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 03:01 PM
Spark mumbles under his breathe in Draconic. As he gets closer to Gear.

nomeno pothoc, kii tir si tepoha ekess tir nomeno.

That bastard of a mayor is a dragon.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 03:07 PM
Gear responds by hugging Spark.

I'm sorry.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 03:10 PM
Spark hugs back.
Now will you stop going black hole on us?

Rater202
2015-03-20, 03:14 PM
Spark hugs back.
Now will you stop going black hole on us?

I can't control that.

And I'm still scared about the arbies outside.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 03:20 PM
We will take care of them no worries. Now Who is the Crystallling over there? Spark joins Adepha's side, looking at the Crystalling.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 03:28 PM
We will take care of them no worries. Now Who is the Crystallling over there? Spark joins Adepha's side, looking at the Crystalling.

One of the two suicidal idiots who went into the machine, the changeling.

I have no idea where the Crystal Pony is.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 03:32 PM
"If it's one of those results that two ponies got mashed into one like some 'I am legion' effect, I'm quittin' this adventure."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 03:33 PM
heheh, I am legion for we are many.[/SIZE]

Rater202
2015-03-20, 03:36 PM
"If it's one of those results that two ponies got mashed into one like some 'I am legion' effect, I'm quittin' this adventure."

Before or after we destroy the machine and burn the notes on it because it's one of those technologies that's inherently unethical I was talking about earlier?

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 03:46 PM
Before or after we destroy the machine and burn the notes on it because it's one of those technologies that's inherently unethical I was talking about earlier?

"After please," Sabina replied.

Humble Master
2015-03-20, 05:07 PM
"I'll deal with the Arbites outside." Solnade said simply, an odd tone, almost giddiness, in his voice. The newborn Crystalling flew into the entrance cavern and you saw another flash of light emit from it. The second cocoon, cracked and finally exploded to reveal the second Crystalling. Opal Slate stepped down, apparently slightly woozy. "So that's what success tastes like." he said somewhat jokingly. Jelsara meanwhile was almost bouncing off the walls with excitement, repeating the word "yes" incessantly like a filly who just got her Cutie Mark. "Oh this is glorious! Take that destiny! Jelsara can now brew up gods!" Elose walked over to you all "We did plan on destroying the machine but we'd like to salvage as much as we can. It might help our case if we can return some of the magic items we "borrowed."”

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 05:17 PM
"We did plan on destroying the machine but we'd like to salvage as much as we can. It might help our case if we can return some of the magic items we "borrowed."”

"Well, take what you need and direct us on breaking the rest. I think we can melt it down to the point that even magic won't help the arbiters, and that's for the best."

Rater202
2015-03-20, 05:18 PM
"Oh this is glorious! Take that destiny! Jelsara can now brew up gods!"

...Mr. Slate, you never explained to Mr. Jelsara exactly what the Lore about the Crystal Alicorns actual says, did you?

Mr. Jelsara, all you did was turn two suicidal idiots into exceptionally powerful ponies-The Crystal Alicorns aren't Gods. Regular Alicorns aren't Gods.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 05:19 PM
Adepha still overs in place, enraptured by the Crystallings' presence.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 05:20 PM
-The Crystal Alicorns aren't Gods. Regular Alicorns aren't Gods.

"Have to agree with Gear," Sabina added. "I know you're all excited about succeeding, but don't let that go to your head. Keep humble."

Humble Master
2015-03-20, 05:28 PM
Jelsara shrugged "Eh, trying to be poetic. Elose could tell you about that. But yah, Crystallings aren't gods by any means." he smiled "Of course, if I could improve upon..." Elose telekinetically slapped Jelsara "One insane experiment at a time. Remember we are going to prison.”

Rater202
2015-03-20, 05:36 PM
Are you the ones that stole the "extractor experiment" from the Darlockain ruins?

Because um, destroying that and all evidence of it's existence could convince me to talk with some ponies who might be able to get you some leniency.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 05:50 PM
Sabina nodded. "Some things are best left forgotten."

Rater202
2015-03-20, 05:50 PM
Sabina nodded. "Some things are best left forgotten."

Yeah, that too.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, listen. This stuff the Shadows are doing is dangerous, I know, but destroying what they have gathered in research and priceless historical artifacts might destroy any chance we have to use it for good in the future.

Humble Master
2015-03-20, 06:03 PM
"Oh this." Jelsara said, showing Gear the iron rod he had used to extract Elose and Solnade's magic. "Yes, this is the Extractor Experiment. I had to improve it a little as it was only half baked. That Curn golem is amazing though. I'd love to meet the Ling who designed it. But, uh, why do you want it destroyed? It's botht he technical property of Olith and can help us learn a lot about the nature of magic." "Destroying knowledge seems like a bad idea." Subtle put in.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 06:05 PM
"Not sure what good this does for those of us not a crystal pony or changeling though," Sabina said. "My big concern is that the Arbiters are good at infiltration and taking stuff. I don't want this falling into their hooves. If it's not going to be destroyed, I say we have it locked behind a nice vault in Canterlot where it can be studied much more safely than just in the hands of a soon-to-be prisoner."

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 06:15 PM
Well it's Mom's to do with as she sees fit, but I just think that even with the extractor, there may learn some good that can be done with it we can't even imagine yet. Spark suggests.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 06:21 PM
"Well, the queen should trust in allies to move some of these eggs out of the one basket," Sabina suggested. "I'm rather wary of keeping anything in Vanhoover anymore, considering this is like... the 3rd time it's been infiltrated?"

Rater202
2015-03-20, 06:23 PM
"Oh this." Jelsara said, showing Gear the iron rod he had used to extract Elose and Solnade's magic. "Yes, this is the Extractor Experiment. I had to improve it a little as it was only half baked. That Curn golem is amazing though. I'd love to meet the Ling who designed it. But, uh, why do you want it destroyed? It's botht he technical property of Olith and can help us learn a lot about the nature of magic." "Destroying knowledge seems like a bad idea." Subtle put in.

For one, it's an incredibly dangerous weapon, and the arbiters have this nasty habit of getting their filthy hoove on items and knowledge that they have no way of knowing-their Queen managed to perfectly replicate my uncle's voice, and he's been dead for over a thousand years. Destroying it keeps it out of the arbiter's hooves permanently.

for two, it sounds much like a version of my omnimagic crystal matrix with more lethal applications-the magic or technology behind it is anywhere near similar, my pending patent on my masterpiece could fall through.

If my patent falls through, than any inventer with two bits to rub together can profit on my magnum opus without paying me a cent, and without the 15 percent entitled to my beloved for his assistance and donations of magic, he and I may have to go to different schools. in addition, my friends also donated magic to my experiments and thus are also entitled to a share of the profits. In addition to that, my mother is with foal, and babies are expensive.

Even beyond the loss of income, I'm sure as a fellow being of science, you understand how it feels to face the possibility that something you've spent so much time, so much hard work, sweat, and tears... and blood, can't forget blood. Surely you know how painful it would be, for your magnum opus to fall to nothing because a sociopathic queen coincidentally developed a similar technology?

Also, for the record, Curn is not an it. Curn is a he, and he is my friend.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 06:31 PM
"Well, don't spread it too far. If everyone knows how this stuff works, it makes the Arbiters job of tracking it down that much easier," Sabina commented. "Anyway, guess someone who can fly go get some guards in here? The rest of us should start dismantling the machine to move it."

Humble Master
2015-03-20, 06:36 PM
"We were thinking of spreading the knowledge among Canterlot, the Crystal Empire and Hive Hemiphera. Jelsara has most of the broad stroke of the research in his head, but he's got several contingencies to wipe his memory if his mind get's probed." "It's not paranoia if they are out to get you!" Jelsara said. At this point, Solnade returned. "Perhaps one of us should actually go get Queen Arlia to discuss this?" Jelsara then turned to Gear "I called Curn an "it" just cause it doesn't have a gender. I fully realize "he's" a fully independent mind. That's part of why I'm impressed! As for your patent worries let me just tell you that I highly doubt a weapon designed by a 1,000 year old Changling Hive would be anything like something designed by a modern Crystal Pony. And finally, if "destroy it because the Arbites might get their hands on it" is your argument let me just say that I'd much rather know exactly how the weapon the Arbites have works rather than face some unknown thing they developed on their own."

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 06:37 PM
Spark raises an eye-ridge on Gear's lines of reasoning. So Gear, what's preventing the Arbiters from stealing your Omni-Magic Crystal Matrix, or even buying it after you market it legally, then modifying it for their own use to do what you're afraid they'll do with the Extractor?

Rater202
2015-03-20, 06:50 PM
Doesn't matter how old it is, if technology that siphons magic out of a being existed a thousand years ago, then my patent on technology that siphons magic out of a being goes down the pipes.

Gear turns to spark

All it does is charge crystals. They'd need to have access to automata technology specifically designed to work with that kind of magic, and so far the only engineer that even knows how it works is me.

Besides, ,y matrix by itself can't be used as a weapon, and there currently exist no crystal automata that have combat as a function, and I don't intend o make any.

Humble Master
2015-03-20, 08:27 PM
Jelsara chuckled slightly. "Lings and Ponies have been siphoning magic out of stuff for quite a long time. It's in the details though. I doubt your Omni-Crystal Matrix is designed with the intent to draw magic out of an unwilling target from a range of 30ft or so. And just because your Matrix isn't a weapon, doesn't mean Ulicid couldn't find a way to use it." Solnade returned, apparently finished flashing the Arbites. "I sent a message to Queen Arlia. She should be here shortly."

Rater202
2015-03-20, 08:34 PM
Gear remains silent on the issue. He'll just have to talk about keeping the extractor behind locked doors later.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 08:42 PM
Gear remains silent on the issue. He'll just have to talk about keeping the extractor behind locked doors later.

Sabina pats Gear on the back, she's siding with him.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 08:48 PM
Adepha finally manages to shake off her own fascination, her glasslike carapace still glowing violet in her pseudo-crystalling form. Hey, what happened?

Rater202
2015-03-20, 08:59 PM
Adepha finally manages to shake off her own fascination, her glasslike carapace still glowing violet in her pseudo-crystalling form. Hey, what happened?

You guys came in as the machine finished, I had an episode of paranoia when I realised that you and spark were alone with arbiters and that the arbiters were outside, and thus free to go abduct our loved ones, spark and I had a discussion about trust, I calmed down, you just missed a debate on whether or not to destroy the Darlockain Extractor-I think the answer is yes, both because it's a weapon with no conceivable positive use and because it's existence threatens my patents.

Also you're glowing. I think somepony said something about you doing that when you all came to rescue Aeslai and I when we got foalnapped by those Terrorists in the Crystal Empire.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 09:01 PM
"The queen is coming though," Sabina adds, "And hopefully with backup this time."

Rater202
2015-03-20, 09:07 PM
"The queen is coming though," Sabina adds, "And hopefully with backup this time."

Back up that isn't Arbiters.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 09:11 PM
"We hope, yeah," Sabina says.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 09:14 PM
Also you're glowing. I think somepony said something about you doing that when you all came to rescue Aeslai and I when we got foalnapped by those Terrorists in the Crystal Empire.

Adepha raised a foreleg, and looked at her glowing purple appendage. Uh, why am I glowing? Am I powering up?

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 09:26 PM
"Powering up? You're not a game. It's probably internal magic," Sabina postulated.

Humble Master
2015-03-20, 09:28 PM
Jelsara grumbled something about true scientists not destroying knowledge of any kind but said nothing intelligible. Subtle examined Adepha "I can't tell just by looking. Maybe a mystery to solve some other time? I mean, you feel fine right?" Fortunately, Queen Arlia entered the room. Subtle, along with the Shadows, bowed to the regent of Olith who was giving an odd look to her paralyzed impersonator. "It seems much has occurred. Not the least of which being the recreation of the Crystallings. Please, enlighten me."

Rater202
2015-03-20, 09:38 PM
Adepha raised a foreleg, and looked at her glowing purple appendage. Uh, why am I glowing? Am I powering up?
You've become the legendary Super Changeling.

Gear may or may not have started reading a few of those Neighponese comic books Monkey likes.

Jelsara grumbled something about true scientists not destroying knowledge of any kind but said nothing intelligible. Subtle examined Adepha "I can't tell just by looking. Maybe a mystery to solve some other time? I mean, you feel fine right?" Fortunately, Queen Arlia entered the room. Subtle, along with the Shadows, bowed to the regent of Olith who was giving an odd look to her paralyzed impersonator. "It seems much has occurred. Not the least of which being the recreation of the Crystallings. Please, enlighten me."

I'm sorry, your majesty, but... We've already been fooled by a fake Arlia once. Could you provide some evidence that you're really the Queen of Olith? We can't be too careful right now.

Gear actually sounds apologetic as he says this.

banter? rapport? persuasion? Not sure, same mod either way though.[roll0]+4 11

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 09:45 PM
"Please, enlighten me."

Sabina stifles a giggle at the likely unintentional joke.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:00 PM
We will be happy to mom, but before we do, so we know that it is you. What was the last thing you said to Monah, before you left her?

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 10:08 PM
You've become the legendary Super Changeling.

Adepha giggles in response. If I start cackling like a maniac and pursuing vengeance against carrots, let me know.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:12 PM
Don't worry I won't let you be a maniac.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 10:14 PM
Don't worry I won't let you be a maniac.

It's a joke, Spark.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:16 PM
From what?

Rater202
2015-03-20, 10:23 PM
From what?

A Neighponese comic book that is in turn very loosely based on an ancient eastern story. Granted, the character who takes the leed in the comic book is based on a supporting character from the old story...

...Though the old story did spend the first seven chapters following the monkey king and basically detailing how awesome he was, so it's an easy mistake to make.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:24 PM
never heard of it.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 10:26 PM
never heard of it.

Gear shrugs.

Monkey says it's an older comic, er, sorry, "manga" and the story it's based on is several centuries old.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 10:27 PM
Sabina shrugged. "Never heard of it either."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:28 PM
Gear shrugs.

Monkey says it's an older comic, er, sorry, "manga" and the story it's based on is several centuries old.

And there are several people we know who are several centuries old.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 10:30 PM
Sabina shrugged. "Never heard of it either."

I borrowed a few volumes from Monkey. I'll ask him if I can show them to you.

In any case, it's a bit more interesting than those other ones he reads, the one about the pirates. Or the otherone about the ninjas.kinda regret agreeing to let him pick out my next nightmare night costume after seeing that

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:31 PM
I borrowed a few volumes from Monkey. I'll ask him if I can show them to you.

In any case, it's a bit more interesting than those other ones he reads, the one about the pirates. Or the otherone about the ninjas.kinda regret agreeing to let him pick out my next nightmare night costume after seeing that

Gear are you talking about Monkey D. Luffy?

Rater202
2015-03-20, 10:35 PM
Gear are you talking about Monkey D. Luffy?

No. I'm pretty sure that beyond his name, he has nothing to do with the Handsome Monkey Kind, and he's certainly not the character I would't have agreed to let Monkey pick my next Nightmare Night costume if I'd know it was what he was thinking of.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:37 PM
Gear, really quick can you see how many claws I am holding up? Spark holds up two claws.

Second do you remember my last nightmare night costume?

Emperor Ing
2015-03-20, 10:37 PM

Never again Adepha shuddered at the memory.

Rater202
2015-03-20, 10:41 PM
Gear, really quick can you see how many claws I am holding up? Spark holds up two claws.

You're holding up two claws, you dressed a shaved monkey version of the protagonist from that Pirate Comic Book Monkey reads.

He is not who I was talking about, neither with the super changeling tangent, nor when I admitted that I'm not fond of the agreement I made with Monkey about due to seeing. He's not even in the right series.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 10:43 PM
"They were called humans, right?" Sabina asks.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:47 PM
Never again Adepha shuddered at the memory.
It was a good costume!

You're holding up two claws, you dressed a shaved monkey version of the protagonist from that Pirate Comic Book Monkey reads.

He is not who I was talking about, neither with the super changeling tangent, nor when I admitted that I'm not fond of the agreement I made with Monkey about due to seeing. He's not even in the right series.

The Pirate was called Monkey D. Luffy!

Rater202
2015-03-20, 10:53 PM
The Pirate was called Monkey D. Luffy!

And he has no connection to the Handsome Monkey King from Journey to the West, nor is he a character in Dragon Ball, let alone the character based on the Handsome Monkey King.

He's also not the character I was tricked into letting my Monkey dress me up as, is nowhere close to that character, and isn't even in the right series.

So what brought this up? Are you alright? Do you need to take a nap again?

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 10:56 PM
GRRRRRrrrrr.

DigoDragon
2015-03-20, 11:03 PM
"Calm down you two," Sabina warned. "It is clear you're both talking about two different stories."

Rater202
2015-03-20, 11:03 PM
Gear turns to the adults in the room.

I'm so sorry about this.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-20, 11:46 PM
poeple around us should know we go off on tangents all the time. By the way Dephy why are you still glowing?

Emperor Ing
2015-03-21, 12:18 AM
I...don't even know why i'm glowing at all. Adepha admits.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 12:30 AM
Well you glowed last time during the Crystal fair right? maybe being around the Crystallings is doing something similar?

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 07:26 AM
"Weird. Wonder what crystallings do that make you into a nightlight?" Sabina pondered on Adepha.

Rater202
2015-03-21, 10:36 AM
I...don't even know why i'm glowing at all. Adepha admits.
Maybe it's one of your unique Adaptations as an Elite? Some elites have those, don't they?

Emperor Ing
2015-03-21, 11:08 AM
I dunno. Did Xanthe ever glow, or why isn't Queen Arlia glowing? And suddenly, Adepha's glowing dims, returning her to her normal appearance.

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 11:15 AM
"Looks like the battery is out," Sabina commented.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 11:16 AM
It is alright Dephy. Plus what if it does have something to do with having interacted with Crystal heart? Mom was not there during the fair, and neither was Xanthe. Plus being crystalline does not seem to be a bad thing for you, did you see how fast you flew when you were glowing I could not even keep track of you with my eyes.

Rater202
2015-03-21, 11:16 AM
I dunno. Did Xanthe ever glow, or why isn't Queen Arlia glowing? And suddenly, Adepha's glowing dims, returning her to her normal appearance.

Maybe it's something unique to you? Like a unique adaptation?

Let's be honest, you're probably not going to end up as a normal elite, the way our lives have been going.

Guys? I could have sworn one of you guys said she got all fast and glowy in the mines when you guys rescued Aeslia and I from those terrorists.

Did I imagine somepony telling me that?

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 11:20 AM
She did, she seems to be as fast as Rainbow Dash when she is all glowing and crystalline.

Humble Master
2015-03-21, 11:28 AM
"Seems like some kind of innate magic." Subtle said "It's not like you are consciously activating something right?". Arlia smiled and gave Spark a hug. "I'm sorry you have to be so suspicious." she then whispered in her son's ear. "I told Monah "I love you and I am sorry."""Seems like some kind of innate magic." Subtle said "It's not like you are consciously activating something right?". Arlia smiled and gave Spark a hug. "I'm sorry you have to be so suspicious." she then whispered in her son's ear. "I told Monah "I love you and I am sorry.""

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 11:35 AM
Spark hugs his mother back.I am glad to see you mom.

SO no surprise most of the Arbiters are back stabbers, while the Shadows never had prisoners. The Shadows have detained the Arbiters, and are willing to submit to your judgement. They only wished to save history and restore an ancient species. I believe we should allow the Shadows to keep doing their research under our protection and watch, to allow for proper, and ethical research.

Rater202
2015-03-21, 11:40 AM
Although the Darlockain Magic Extractor they stole from the ruins, which is technically Olithian property, should probably be locked away somewhere behind the tightest security and it's existance known only to the most trusted olithian scientists and guards, and noling allowed to so much as look at it unless they spend the entire time interacting with it under the highest scrutiny possible, and no evidence of it's existence leaves the hive, lest someling get their hooves on it and use it for it's intended horrific weon purposes.

Or if that's too difficult, just destroy it.

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 12:28 PM
"What do we do with these guys?" Sabina asked, pointing at the Arbiters.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-21, 01:02 PM
I don't know it just sort of...happens. It might have something to do with the Crystal Heart but...yeah, I dunno.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 01:47 PM
I still think it is pretty cool how you do it Dephy. OH and Sabina I am not sure what do you think? turn them into the Guard?

Humble Master
2015-03-21, 01:48 PM
"And for what it's worth they seem like pretty decent lings, if very misguided." Subtle put in. The Shadows nodded, apparently feeling their description to be apt. "It was always our intent to give ourselves in once we had succeeded in creating a Crystalling." Solnade said. "And we never hurt anyling. Even the Arbites we just mind-wiped and let go. We have already made preparations to return everything we can to it's rightful owners.” Elose put in. "We will release what we have found to the Crystal Empire and all the Changling Hives." Opal added. Jelsara was apparently busy dismantling the machine and didn't pay any attention to the decision that would decide his fate. Queen Arlia sighed. "It is a difficult decision. I will think on it for now. In the meantime, let us clean up this mess. I think we should transfer the Arbites to the prison and of course alert the Olithian Guard that the danger is over."

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 01:56 PM
OH and Sabina I am not sure what do you think? turn them into the Guard?

Sabina looked confused. "Turn them into guards? They don't even have the qualification training for that."

""[COLOR="#008080"]And we never hurt anyling.”

"Wiping my memories counts," Sabina argued.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 01:56 PM
I still got a bad feeling about something. Well I can keep an eye on the Arbiters till the Guards show up. Spark sticks his tongue out in a joking manner.

You knew what I ment Sabina. hehe

Rater202
2015-03-21, 02:05 PM
"Wiping my memories counts," Sabina argued.
I do believe I still owe Jelsara a tasering for that.

Lucky for him, I don't think I have it in me to cast that spell again.

Um, Sis, Spark, Adepha, Subtle. Do you think not letting my parents find out I've been casting that spell could be something we could do?

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 02:07 PM
You knew what I ment Sabina. hehe

Sabina playfully pokes Spark. "Yeah... um, sure, we'll say I did."

Um, Sis, Spark, Adepha, Subtle. Do you think not letting my parents find out I've been casting that spell could be something we could do?

"Sure, I won't tell them."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 02:09 PM
I was talking about turning then in, like making them prisoners.. not Make them official Guardlings. Spark whispers to Sabina.

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 02:10 PM
I was talking about turning then in, like making them prisoners.. not Make them official Guardlings. Spark whispers to Sabina.

"Ooooooh," Sabina whispers back, now getting it.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 02:20 PM
Spark pats Sabina on the back.

yep

Emperor Ing
2015-03-21, 02:25 PM
I'm sure if I told your parents you can cast taser spells, they wouldn't believe me. Adepha replied to Gear. Heck, you could probably taser me right now and I still won't believe you cast a spell to do it.

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 02:30 PM
"Don't taze me, bro."

Rater202
2015-03-21, 02:30 PM
I'm sure if I told your parents you can cast taser spells, they wouldn't believe me. Adepha replied to Gear. Heck, you could probably taser me right now and I still won't believe you cast a spell to do it.

No, they know I can cast spells. They just don't like me casting the taser one. Remember the horn call with father, where the topic of my losing my gunpowder privileges for the summer because I accidentally electrocuted myself? Guess how.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 02:31 PM
I don't mind tazing. would be an interesting experience.

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 02:42 PM
"Y'all crazy for wanting to be tazed."

Emperor Ing
2015-03-21, 02:46 PM
I'm sure they won't mind you zapping the bad guys.

But...if you don't want your parents to hear it, I can do that.

Rater202
2015-03-21, 02:51 PM
I'm sure they won't mind you zapping the bad guys.

Except when I use it, I get zapped too.

That's why they don't like me using it.

Humble Master
2015-03-21, 02:53 PM
"My lips are sealed. Just work on refining it so you don't hurt yourself so much." Subtle said "Again, you have my sincerest apologies for the events at the vault.” Elose said, clearly penitent from the look on her face "Of all the Ponies we wronged I feel the worst about wronging you. I'm not asking you to like us, but I'd prefer it if you didn't hate us. Do you have it in your heart to forgive 4 fools blindly pursuing a fool's errand?”

Rater202
2015-03-21, 03:01 PM
Are you willing to work to repent for the crimes you committed? I'm sure you all have skills that could do good for the community.

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 03:02 PM
"And see a good optometrist for that blindness?"

Emperor Ing
2015-03-21, 03:10 PM
Well, you don't need to apologize to me. Apologize to Spark and Sabina for getting their memories wiped by your Wierds.

Humble Master
2015-03-21, 03:18 PM
"We intended what we did to be for the good of our two races and we're all willing to serve penance for what we did in pursuit of that goal." Jelsara fluttered down and offered a hoof stained and scarred by various chemicals to Sabina and Spark. "Sorry, about the Weirds. I, uh, can still get you those memories back if you want." Suddenly Elose began chuckling for no apparent reason. "The Unicorn who tore the night sky...”

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 03:25 PM
"Eh, guess I forgive you. No sense keeping a grudge," Sabina said.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 03:34 PM
I see nothing to forgive but I would like to see your next performance elose. And maybe take your class one day jelsara.

Humble Master
2015-03-21, 03:54 PM
Jelsara shook both Spark and Sabina's hooves. "Well, thanks! I'd be pleased to see you in my class." the Changling grinned impishly. "If you can take it that is." "Well I know I'd love to see more of Elose's performances. I mean, those illusions were incredible! Say, uh, why are you laughing Elose." the chortling Changling performer smiled "You recall my tale of the Unicorn who tore Luna's sky? Us, the Shadows, are that Unicorn. We became so devoted to our own vision of what would unite the Changlings and Crystal Ponies, the Crystallings, that we didn't realize the only lings who wanted that to happen were us. Olith is proof that there was no need for such an event to happen for love to blossom between our two races. O the great irony that the storyteller doesn't see the moral of her own tales.”

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 03:58 PM
"Well, guess if we're done here we should go?" Sabina asked.

Humble Master
2015-03-21, 05:09 PM
And with that, it was over. The Arbites were all taken away to jail after Jelsara wiped their memories of the events in an interest of the security of Olith (along with it's 5 young heroes), as well as certain details of the Crystalling device. Vanhoover cleaned up quickly; the impromptu thunderstorm caused no serious damage and with the hysteria of lore stealing inter-hive thieves gone everything quickly settled back into it's usual routine. Arlia, as much as she wished to honor the agreement Spark gave the Shadows conceded that, due to the far-reaching effects of their crimes it would be wrong to let one Hive pardon them of all. Thus, the Crystalling device was dismantled and shipped off in pieces to various collectors and museums, surprised by the return of the artifacts which had so mysteriously vanished and the accompanying note explaining the insane story behind their use. The Shadows were taken under heavy guards to Hive Hemiphera for their trial, accompanied by Queen Arlia who promised to put in a good word for them. Arlia returned a few weeks later and after an immediate hug with her sorely missed son she delivered a note which Elose had written concerning the results of their trial. The Shadows had been sentenced to community service, the nature of which was different for each. Jelsara was to stay in Hemiphera and offer his skills as an alchemist (or alchemical genius as he put it). Opal Slate was to journey to the Crystal Empire and give lectures on the Crystalling history that had been unearthed as well as serve as an emissary of sorts for the potential future of Crystallings and the Empire. Solnade was to serve a similar purpose in various Changling Hives and hopefully also extend Harmonist views to more Changlings. Elose, finally, was to help raise the majority of the money needed to reimburse the items stolen by the Shadows with performances and guest appearances going so far as an opera-length epic concerning the Crystalling legend which was performed in Canterlot. One shadow did hang over the trial of the Shadows. Jelsara discovered in his analysis of the newborn Crystallings that, for whatever reason, they were flawed; they rtained that same fatal error in their magic which let them feel love as strongly as hate. Solnade and Opal were, essentially, Ravenous waiting to happen. Thus the creation of further Crystallings via Jelsara's device was banned until the source of the flaw could be rectified. In the letter Elose made a point of how ironic it was that the only Crystallings their blind quest had created, were Ravenous.

o/~ My Little Pony... o/~

Adepha
Emperor Ing

Spark
Cavalieredraghi

Gear
Rater202

Sabina
Digo Dragon

Subtle
Humble Master

Aeslia
Plot Device

Curn
Brent Spiner

Queen Arlia
Ashley Johnson

Elose
Robin Williams's soul

Solnade
Some famous actor

Jelsara
Victor Frankenstein as a Changling

Opal Slate
An angsty Crystal Pony

Xarid
Poor Characterization

Various Arbites
The Villainous Minions Warehouse

Bad Writing
Uh, blame it on the executives

Episode's TV:Y Ratting
Jelsara's visit to the MPAA

My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic was posted before a live forum audience.

o/~ ...Frieeeeends! o/~

The two workers for the Alchemical Institute closed and locked the doors which led into Nadara's "Visions Room". They had spent a long shift working to decipher the ancient Queens encrypted text with little success, though the pictures enough were sometimes more than enough to give them pause when trying to figure out what Nadara had been planning. As the stone doors closed the now vacant room grew very cold. A faintly green mist, barely visible and oddly translucent as though one could only see it from a specific angle, slowly collected in the center of the room. It grew and dispersed, becoming a vaguely equine shape as it did so. A figure of a Changling Queen now stood in the room. It was made only of flickering light and portions of it's form were incomplete but its blank eyes blazed with a will and a mind. A voice came from the specter as it floated forward to inspect the pages of carapace paper hanging from the wall which showed the Changlings joined by lines and squiggles. It was a voice that spoke with a calculated evenness, an almost monotone lack of feeling. It was a voice that had not been heard for 1,000 years. It was the voice of a mind which sought to change the world. "The One Hive...... The Great Link...... Visions far to grand for death to interrupt." the specter then began speaking rhythmically, as though reciting a chant.

"Out of the darkness we'll rise
Into the light we shall dwell
We'll come, and join our race
In binding arms
We'll come to master everything
We'll lord the clouds in the sky
We'll control the wind and the rain
The sun and the moon
And the keys to all time
We'll be the Hive that shall reorder the world
We'll be the soldiers, the legion in white
We'll be eternal, opposed by none
Mind and Soul, we are

ONE!"

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 09:58 PM
I am Greed the Avaricious

It has been a couple days since Arlia got back from Hive Hemiphera. Spark has finally been able to help Sabina learn more about Dovah. Though he has been distant aside from that even though he is hanging out more with you all. During this time the temperature has only been rising as now, it feels like the hottest day of the year.

You all are enjoying the day at Trout lake. Though the day is hot, the Ice island Sabina and Spark made in the middle of the lake, seem to make being out of the water enjoyable. Spark is laying on the raft as he looks around to see what you all and Monkey are doing. Monkey seems to be joining you all today per Spark's request. He finally sits up and asked, "Guys there is something I have to ask you. What would you all do, if you were given tickets for you and your families, to visit another Changling Hive and all expenses were paid for?"

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 10:05 PM
Sabina shrugs a bit, suddenly not smiling as much as she was a moment ago. "I dunno. Sounds nice, but my uncle can't take a trip right now and I've had my fill with visiting other hives. I'd probably pass."

Emperor Ing
2015-03-21, 10:13 PM
Adepha rested in the water as much as she could, floating in circles around the ice block as much as possible. This might be seen as a reaction to the unseasonably hot temperatures, but really Adepha was just looking for any excuse to numb her sore body as much as possible. She only just recently came out from underneath The Changling Thing, and it was unusually excruciating. For perhaps good reason, as her body grew at a rather frightening rate in just a 24-hour period. When she came out, she looked completely different. She became very tall for her age yet very lean. Two pairs of fully functional wings sprouted from her back, and most notably, her magenta irises and dragonlike pupils were readily visible, no longer hidden behind violet opaque eye-lenses.

This was only a few hours ago, and she was still sore from the experience. She laid on her back across the water, wings extended so as to give her as much width and surface-area as possible to remain buoyant. This actually seems to be very effective at keeping the Changling afloat on the lake.

Oh? She craned her noticably longer neck up to look at Spark on the iceberg. Isn't Hive Hemiphera like...really really really dark though? And don't they hate light?

DigoDragon
2015-03-21, 10:19 PM
Sabina sits up from her sunbathing spot. "Is it Hemiphera? Spark didn't say, but I guess that makes sense."

Humble Master
2015-03-21, 10:48 PM
"I don't know, depends a great deal on what Hive we are going to." Subtle said from the shade of a tree as she peered over a Sure-Luck Hooves novel.

Rater202
2015-03-21, 10:55 PM
Gear is with Monkey. Gear today you notice has started wearing some kind of harness with some metal and plastic buts on it, and gems, inclding a glowing, multi colored gem matrix located on the front of his barel. moments ago, Monkey did some kind og pegasus thing and made a cloud out of water vapour, holding it pretty close to the ice island, and pulled Gear up onto it. He has a wing over Gear, as is their custum, but that by itself shouldn't be keeping Gear from falling through.

Really, it depends on the hive.

...My family's kind of going through a thing right now. A trip might not be a good thing.

One gets the feeling that Monkey really doesn't want to talk about that.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-21, 11:58 PM
Spark just looks confused. I never said anything about, Hive Hemiphera? He then pulls out 5 bundles of tickets.

These are tickets for the train to Hive Lineolatus. You know the Magma Queens hive where Uncle Knacooth is from. We all have been invited to visit the Hive for our Summer vacation. Also Brexxis has something to tell mom and me that has to be done in person.

Spark then sits off at the edge of the Ice raft next to Adepha. Where she can feel a bit of fear.

And while I will be in the Hive, I will also be back home. I am a little worried about going back alone, I would really appreciate you all coming along.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 12:09 AM
"Well for you, I'll go along," Sabina said. "It just be me though. My uncle can't leave his post."

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 12:16 AM
Adepha rolls over in the water, then doggy-paddles to the edge of the ice-raft where she rests her front hooves. Spark, you're not going home. There's noling there (except your uncle Knacooth and probably Brexxis) who care about you or want to see you happy. But if you're worried that something'll happen then i'll gladly come with you.

I'll have to see if my family wants to come along too.

Rater202
2015-03-22, 12:18 AM
Gear and Monkey look at each other, then Gear climbs down off of the cloud they were sitting on and walks over to Spark, who he immediately hugs.(Monkey neither glares nor looks jealous)

I'll talk with my parents to see about going.

Me too, though it might just be My Dad and I, or even just me. Mom works for the weather squad so...

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 07:57 AM
"My parents would probably we willing to go. They've been looking for a vacation for awhile now, though we haven't managed to decide on were." Subtle got up form the shade and walked over to the water's edge. "And I'm willing to go for you Spark. Your home, your real home, is in Vanhoover. But I can understand that this might be stressful for you."

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 08:13 AM
"So it would seem you have the support of us all, plus extra," Sabina said. She was a little forlorn that she had been without her parents for nearly half a year.

Rater202
2015-03-22, 08:27 AM
Yeah, what Sis said. We're all going to be there for you, and we'll be safe in Hive Lenolinoleu...

...They're going to have pony food, right?

Gear senses that moods need to be lightened.

Anyway, you guys want to see something cool?

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 08:31 AM
Anyway, you guys want to see something cool?

"Oh, oh, I want to see something cool," Sabina spoke up. "Cooler than the ice raft I hope. By at least twenty percent?"

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 08:35 AM
"Does it have something to do with that fancy contraption you have harnessed to yourself?" Subtle inquired.

Rater202
2015-03-22, 09:02 AM
Gear smiles and concentrates for a second, and then said contraption rearranges itself somewhat, revealing hard light projectors that project a pair of slightly oversized green-tinted hardlight changeling wings, which then begin beating in the normal manner of changeling wings, lifting Gear a few feat into the air.

Gear is now flying.

Gonna roll flying, since this is like, only the second time Gear's actually done this, so staying up might require a roll:[roll0]+2 13

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 09:16 AM
"Cool! You can fly now! That is way cooler than I imagined."

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 09:27 AM
"That's incredible!" Subtle said clapping her hooves together.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 09:30 AM
"Arbiters lookout, we got another flyer, and his name is Gear!"

Rater202
2015-03-22, 09:39 AM
Gear lands, makes a show of bowing in response to Subtle's clapping (very much hamming it up), and turns, hopping that this "Something cool" was enough to distract Spark from his worry.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 10:03 AM
What the hay?! Adepha exclaims, watching wide-eyed as the Crystal Pony suddenly goes airborne.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 10:06 AM
What the hay?!

"I'm still trying to get used to your new eyes," Sabina commented. "I miss the old ones."

Rater202
2015-03-22, 10:08 AM
"I'm still trying to get used to your new eyes," Sabina commented. "I miss the old ones."

Wait, what happened to her eyes?

Gear then notices the change in Adepha.

By the Heart!

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 10:19 AM
I'm still trying to get used to my new eyes! Adepha exclaims. I mean I can't normally see my eyes except during The Changling Thing but now...

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 10:32 AM
"Now you look part snake," Sabina finished.

Rater202
2015-03-22, 10:39 AM
Your eyes were visible when you did that glowy thing.

Perhaps you've finished your transformation into an elite?

Or maybe my little Super Changeling joke wasn't far off?

...What's the "changeling thing?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-22, 10:42 AM
The atmosphere easily lightens, and with Gear's new ability being show all are impressed with the display.
Wow Gear, is that part of your Crystal Matrix invention? That is awesome that you can now fly. Spark dips his feet into the water.

I don't see anything wrong with Adepha's new eyes. They are just as impressive as they always have been. Spark then looks to Monkey.

You really don't want to know.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 11:05 AM
...What's the "changeling thing?"

"It's like snake molting," Sabina answers.

Rater202
2015-03-22, 11:13 AM

Sis, I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to tell him that. Especially considering how upset Adepha got when she found out we knew?

Monkey, upon hearing this, pretends he didn't hear Sabina and dives into the lake.

Gear then proceeds to climb back atop the vacant cloud. Okay, for sure he shouldn't be able to do that.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 11:35 AM

Adepha gives Sabina a look of utter betrayal.

SabinaaAAa!

Rater202
2015-03-22, 11:40 AM

SabinaaAAa!

Spark! Use Hug!

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-22, 11:44 AM
Spark was already in the water to comfort Adpeha, from her sudden reveal of her secret.
It is ok Dephy.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 11:53 AM
Sis, I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to tell him that. Especially considering how upset Adepha got when she found out we knew?

SabinaaAAa!

"Geez, you all treat this like it's some forbidden dark secret," Sabina counters. "We're not six, we can handle what's essentially a biological fact. Can't wait until I describe the monthly thing mares go through. Bet your heads would explode." She lies back down to get more sun.

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 11:56 AM
"Even so, it's still something Adepha wanted kept private." Subtle told Sabina "I mean, you might not have a problem talking about it but you don't do the Changling Thing."

Rater202
2015-03-22, 12:00 PM
It embarreses her. Remember how reluctant I was to tell you guys I was seeing a...

Gear looks around

...Psychiatrist?

It's not something Lings like to talk about.

At this point Monkey surfaces.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 12:08 PM
"Nearly half the residents of this town are changelings," Sabina said. "How is this going to remain a secret? Was I the only one here who took Life Sciences last grade?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-22, 12:15 PM
No I took it too. and maybe eventually it won't be a sore subject but right now Sabina it is, can you understand that?

Rater202
2015-03-22, 12:17 PM
"Nearly half the residents of this town are changelings," Sabina said. "How is this going to remain a secret? Was I the only one here who took Life Sciences last grade?"

Doesn't matter. The changelings don't like to talk about it.

The resurfaced Monkey turns to Adepha.

I'm sorry. If I knew it was like that, I wouldn't have asked.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 12:19 PM
Sabina, we don't like to talk about it for a reason. The changling replies as she holds onto Spark.

Don't worry Monkey, it's not your fault, you didn't know.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 12:20 PM
"Fine, forget I said anything." She's still leaning back looking at the sky.

Rater202
2015-03-22, 12:31 PM
Gear flops back on the cloud Monkey made.

Clouds are comfy.

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 12:37 PM
"Hey, no big deal for friends, right?" Subtle said, returning to the shade of the tree.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 12:43 PM
Clouds are comfy.

"Hey, no big deal for friends, right?"

Sabina was slightly confused if there was a relationship here. "Yeah," she said simply.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 12:45 PM
Hold on a second. That thing around you is part of your magic matrix thingie, right? And there's Pegasus magic in it. That's why you're able to walk on a cloud right?

Rater202
2015-03-22, 12:56 PM
Hold on a second. That thing around you is part of your magic matrix thingie, right? And there's Pegasus magic in it. That's why you're able to walk on a cloud right?

Basically-the harness has a crystal matrix that was charged using my automata crystal matrix. some of the magic is mine, so it syncronizes with me properly, but some of it is pegasus magic donated by my beloved muse, and some of it came from other sources.

Because it contains pegasus magic, it doesn't pass through clouds, and since the matrix is synchronized with me, that property extends to myself. But that's all I can do, I can't like, stomp and make it rain or anything.

The pegasus magic in the harness also powers the wings attached to the harness. Other magics could power other devices, but the crystal battery can only support two such devices at a time and the wings are installed permanently.

Around the time Gear said "beloved muse", Monkey started swimming back to the ice raft, climbed upon it, shook his wings dry, and climbed back up on the cloud, where he proceeded to hug Gear.

Love you too, Teddy Gear.

Things may be about to get mushy.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 02:05 PM
Things may be about to get mushy.

"Don't overfeed the changelings," Sabina commented, not in any serious way.

Rater202
2015-03-22, 02:20 PM
"Don't overfeed the changelings," Sabina commented, not in any serious way.

It appears that neither colt heard Sabina over declarations of how much each one loves the other and numerous mooshy and sickeningly sweet pet names. Of note is Gear saying how much he loves his "Monkey-Wonkey" and Monkey making a comment on how he likes cuddling his "Snuggle Diamond"

You can't tell if they're joking or not.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-22, 04:01 PM
Spark swam for the rest of the day with Adepha, while the other couple enjoyed their cloud talk. With Subtle wrapped in a book, and Sabina being Sabina the day of relaxing at the lake continues for about an hour. as it seems like for once you all finally have a day with no adventures, no arbiter schemes. It was a good day, as the sunset was one to marvel. You all set out to go home, as you carry with you Spark's tickets for a train to Hive Lineolatus. Getting home was not hard nor exciting. as many of you smelled dinner cooking.

It is up to you if Monkey comes along and who in his family.
also since I don't want to step on toes feel free to describe how things go at Gear's home.

As Adepha entered home, it was peaceful as always, a newpaper was on the coffee table in the living room, the front page saying something about mysteries abduction in Manehattan. Aeslia on the couch noticed her sister's return,Hey sis, welcome home, Mom is making Dysante help her cook Aeslia snickered as she fussed with a metal ring puzzle. to confirm her statement, the smell of roasting fish wafted through the air.
Adepha don't forget to wash your hooves before Dinner is served. Your Father should be home any minute to. Mrs. Iaphate says from the kitchen.
Dice the tomatoes Son not slice them.

Subtle arrives home just in time as her mom was finishing setting the table, and Straight Truth was arriving home at the same time. Hey Subtle, how was your day at the Lake? Truth sniffs the air.

smells like Dad is making his famous veggie gumbo again, I wonder where he gets all these recipes.

When you both enter, you are greeted by your mother as always.
Hello Subtle, Truth.How was your day today, any new adventures?

Sabina arrive to home was quite as always, while her Uncle was off at work. Though she did not have long before a knock at the door turned her around. When she answered it was the colt she almost expected to see Tenn.

Hey Sabina, um I was wondering if you'd like to join me and my family for Dinner tonight? I figured it be fun, and what with your Uncle being away right now with Celestia. Tenn shuffles on his hooves in a nervous yet extremely cute manner, as waited for Sabina's answer.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 04:54 PM
Sabina arrive to home was quite as always, while her Uncle was off at work. Though she did not have long before a knock at the door turned her around. When she answered it was the colt she almost expected to see Tenn.

Hey Sabina, um I was wondering if you'd like to join me and my family for Dinner tonight? I figured it be fun, and what with your Uncle being away right now with Celestia. Tenn shuffles on his hooves in a nervous yet extremely cute manner, as waited for Sabina's answer.

"YES!" Sabina interrupts. She immediately puts a hoof over her mouth and calms herself. "I mean, yes. I'd like that. Let me drop off my things." She trots into her room (the new one built under the stairs) and drops off her towel and things from today's hangout. She quickly combs her mane and tail before putting on a nice purple bow at the base of her tail. She comes back out all smiles.

"Okay, I'm ready. Sorry for shouting a moment ago. It gets dreadfully lonely here some nights."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-22, 06:46 PM
Tenn leads Sabina toward his house.
well i am glad to have you over. Tenn blushes slightly thinking he may be misunderstood by saying that.
I mean I am glad you don't have to be alone.So um what did you do today?

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 07:25 PM
Tenn leads Sabina toward his house.
well i am glad to have you over. Tenn blushes slightly thinking he may be misunderstood by saying that.
I mean I am glad you don't have to be alone.So um what did you do today?

"I hung out with the pirates today at the lake," Sabina replied. "Did a little sunbathing while Gear showed off this harness that let's him fly. It's pretty neat. Maybe I ought to buy you one for your birthday." She poked him playfully in the ribs.

"Spark wanted his close friends and relatives to go with him to visit his family. I'm going since I want to support him. Some of his family is pretty mean. I just don't have family to take along. My uncle has been busy so I don't know if he could or not. I could ask him I suppose, but he's sacrificed a lot to take care of me after the tree accident. Well, it's fine I guess. It'll give uncle one less thing to worry about at the house."

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 07:49 PM
Subtle hugged her mom and then her brother. "It smells great dad! Anyway a fairly mundane day, by our standards anyway. Spark announced at the lake that he's going to be taking everling on a trip to Hive Lineolatus and that our families our invited. I know we've been looking for a vacation, and I'd love if you could come."

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 08:24 PM
Alright! Adepha replied as she walked to the bathroom to wash her hooves, stumbling only slightly to move on unusually long legs. Everything in her house somehow seemed...smaller. Even the bathroom sink seemed smaller than usual as she fumbled over herself to try and perform an act as simple as turning the faucet on.

After she managed to wash her hooves she walked back to the dining room, sniffing the air. That smells good, mom.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-22, 08:37 PM
Uh Gear can fly to now eh...IT does not take a Changling to know that Tenn is slightly depressed about this.
You don't have to buy me one. Tenn blushes even more at this thought.

So why is Spark visiting his family if they are so horrible? I mean he told me about his brothers and sister. Plus your Uncle is a good guy I bet he does not mind at all taking care of you.

Hive Lineolatus? is that the Hive that is like a resort near Manemami?

I thought Lineolatus was the hive in the dragon lands?
Subtle's dad finally shows his face from around the corner of he kitchen.
What is this about a vacation?

I hope so, it was that no good boyfriend of yours. He gave mom the recipe.
Adepha can here Dysante reply from the kitchen. followed by.
Ow! What was that for mom!
Though the door opening seems to take your attention from there as your Dad walks in, as he seems to have just finished up his shift at work.
Welcome home Dad! Aeslia finally gets off the couch as she finally seems to solve the puzzle.
How are my princesses today?

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 08:41 PM
"Hey dad. But Straight is right. Lineolatus is a Hive in Draogn lands. So, it would sort of be like seeing two cultures in one vacation I geuss."

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 08:49 PM
Uh Gear can fly to now eh...IT does not take a Changling to know that Tenn is slightly depressed about this.
You don't have to buy me one. Tenn blushes even more at this thought.

So why is Spark visiting his family if they are so horrible? I mean he told me about his brothers and sister. Plus your Uncle is a good guy I bet he does not mind at all taking care of you.

Sabina was here.

Here too.

Sabina shrugged a bit. "I think he gets along with his... I think it's an uncle? I honestly don't remember much of his family. I know his siblings are mean, but I remember he has a couple good relatives. I think those are the ones he's visiting."

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 09:35 PM
Hi dad! Adepha chirped as she gave a hug to her father, wrapping her forelegs around him before stepping back.

Oh! Before I forget, Spark got us all tickets to take a vacation over at Hive Lineolatus! She pulls out the aforementioned tickets from her saddlebag as she says this.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-22, 09:54 PM
The Dragonlands? Well I have always wanted to visit.

It would be perfect to visit as a Research location for our next book to Dear.
Hmm, and we are visiting a new Hive to, I bet there are more kids there I could get to know as well. But why is Spark visiting the Dragon lands?

Uncle? Do you mean Knacooth? Spark says he is not actually related to Knacooth, but still finds him to be as close as family. By this time you arrive to Tenn's home you can smell fresh Hay'gar' go.
Well shall we Sabina? Tenn opens the door for Sabina like a Gentlecolt.

Aeslia also joins Adepha in hugging their father. A vacation to Lineolatus?
That is certainly generous of him. And I do have unspent Vacation hours too. I don't see why we can't go.
bye this time Dysante and your mother come out of the kitchen.
Seriously! We are going to the Dragonlands, you know Home of that Sociopath Spark!
Enough Dysante, We should enjoy this vacation as a family. And we will be in a Hive of fellow Changlings, not Dragons. Also Dinner is ready, Aeslia Adepha would you set the table?
Aeslia moves to the dining room.
Come on Sis.

DigoDragon
2015-03-22, 10:04 PM
Sabina is Best Pony

Uncle? Do you mean Knacooth? Spark says he is not actually related to Knacooth, but still finds him to be as close as family. By this time you arrive to Tenn's home you can smell fresh Hay'gar' go.
Well shall we Sabina? Tenn opens the door for Sabina like a Gentlecolt.

Sabina #1

Sabina walks into Tenn's house, savoring the lovely scent of food. "Knacooth, yeah. I always forget his name. I never try saying his name 'cause I'll probably just end up calling him Whiskers the Wonder Dragon, and that would be awkward. But some family isn't by blood. Gear is big on that concept and it's a good one to follow."

The filly has a hard time not walking into the kitchen. "Mmm, that smells really good, Tenn. Your mother the chef, or?"

Emperor Ing
2015-03-22, 10:08 PM
His home is in Olith, Dysante. Adepha replies, having had this discussion with Spark previously.

She then nods to her sister, and goes to help prepare the table.

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 10:16 PM
"Sending Sure-Luck to deal with dragons? I'm intrigued by such a premise." Subtle said "Though I think Spark and Arlia were just invited. Why, I'm not exactly sure."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-22, 10:38 PM
Nah Dads the cook, Mom is the banker. Though dad is also a Banker.. He is pretty skilled in alot of things. He then guides you to the dining room, and pulls out your chair for you. you see Nicole, and Penny already are at the table. While Silver seems missing you see Mr. Two working in the kitchen.
Hey Sabina!
Hello Sabina.

if they were just invited Why do we have tickets?
Remember don't look a gift apple by the stem.
Right, but first Dinner! Masquerade says as he come out again from the dining room. Dinner was amazing as always. when desert finally swings around you all enjoy relaxing in the living room with a sundae.
So Subtle Truth looking over the tickets it seems we leave in Three days.

setting the table does not take long, as the enticing smell of the fish spurs you to finish quickly. Before to long, you all were enjoying the feast. The fish was definitely one to marvel and savor. While you all enjoyed the meal, Mr. Chonder looks over the tickets.
So we are leaving in a 3 day eh?I think this date is manageable.

Humble Master
2015-03-22, 10:52 PM
"I think Spark wants some friends to support him. He might also just be being generous. Anyway seems like that should be plenty of time to prepare." Subtle observed, though a doubt was beginning to gnaw at the back of her mind concerning the trip.

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 05:33 AM
Nah Dads the cook, Mom is the banker. Though dad is also a Banker.. He is pretty skilled in alot of things. He then guides you to the dining room, and pulls out your chair for you. you see Nicole, and Penny already are at the table. While Silver seems missing you see Mr. Two working in the kitchen.
Hey Sabina!
Hello Sabina.

How long would it take for someone to notice...

...that I'm messing with the Spoilers?

"Hello Nicole, Penny," Sabina greets as she sits down. "Summer seems so short, you know?"

Emperor Ing
2015-03-23, 11:14 AM
So we're all going...? Adepha asked excitedly.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-23, 11:38 AM
Why would Spark need Support? Truth askes, while your parents nod not understanding that statement.

I will be right back I'll help dad finish dinner. As Tenn leaves the two girls decide to answer Sabina.
No kidding, I really wish it was longer, but now I have only one year of school left. Penny grins wide.
Speak for yourself, but i still wish it was longer. I mean I won't... Nicole blushes deeply at this thought, hmm seems blushing is a family thing not just for Tenn.
oh you and your mysteries crush. By the way Sabina what about you? Do you find any boys attractive yet. Penny gives a quick wink to Sabina.

It is up to Dysante if we all are going? Your father looks over to Dysante with a curious but none pushing eye.
Ya I am coming someling has to keep an eye on that Sociopath afterall.

YAH!!!Aeslia shouts while your mother keeps a level head though the excite is also noticeable.
We will start packing tomorrow.

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 12:42 PM
Sabina is Great-

I will be right back I'll help dad finish dinner. As Tenn leaves the two girls decide to answer Sabina.
No kidding, I really wish it was longer, but now I have only one year of school left. Penny grins wide.
Speak for yourself, but i still wish it was longer. I mean I won't... Nicole blushes deeply at this thought, hmm seems blushing is a family thing not just for Tenn.
oh you and your mysteries crush. By the way Sabina what about you? Do you find any boys attractive yet. Penny gives a quick wink to Sabina.

-and Powerful.

"Well... I don't think much on that topic lately, but... Tenn is kind if cute," She whispers to them, glancing to the kitchen so that no one else hears her but the sisters. "I don't know how he feels though. He kind of avoids that question, even though some of our friends seem to think we might work out. I'd want to hear it from him though."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-23, 12:58 PM
Both sisters put their hooves to their mouth, as the hold back a fit of laughter. But it quickly stops when a knock at the door is heard. Dusty answers it, and you can barely hear her. Hello young master..... yes I can see they get this, have a good night. you hear Dusty head up the stairs then.
I wonder what that was about?
We will find out sooner or later.
Then Tenn returns into the room, with his father, who are carrying large serving plates with delicious Hay'gar'go. By the time Dinner is served, You see Mrs. Silver finally come down from her study along with Dusty. and in her wings you see the same tickets Spark gave you earlier today. It smells wonderful as always hun.
Mr. Two nods clearly a quite sort of stallion though his smile is soft.
mom what is that in your hooves?
Tenn asks.
These are tickets to visit Hive Lineolatus. It seemed your friend Spark just dropped them off. Oh hello Sabina I did not see you there.

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 01:03 PM
Both sisters put their hooves to their mouth, as the hold back a fit of laughter. But it quickly stops when a knock at the door is heard. Dusty answers it, and you can barely hear her. Hello young master..... yes I can see they get this, have a good night. you hear Dusty head up the stairs then.
I wonder what that was about?
We will find out sooner or later.
Then Tenn returns into the room, with his father, who are carrying large serving plates with delicious Hay'gar'go. By the time Dinner is served, You see Mrs. Silver finally come down from her study along with Dusty. and in her wings you see the same tickets Spark gave you earlier today. It smells wonderful as always hun.
Mr. Two nods clearly a quite sort of stallion though his smile is soft.
mom what is that in your hooves?
Tenn asks.
These are tickets to visit Hive Lineolatus. It seemed your friend Spark just dropped them off. Oh hello Sabina I did not see you there.

"Hello Mrs. Pence," Sabina greeted. "I only recently arrived by Tenn's invitation." She had trouble deciding to put her attention to the food or the tickets. Food was kind of winning the battle in he mind on the account her stomach decided to take sides.

"This looks delicious, Mr. Pence."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-23, 01:09 PM
Mr. Two nods to Sabina in confirmation and thanks.
Well lets eat we can talk after dinner.
So you all did, and it was delicious. by the time it was over everypony felt satisfied. before long you all are resting in the parlor, while Mr. and Mrs. Pence are reading the paper together while Nicole and Penny float above you and Tenn. a light amount of music plays from the radio in the corner of the room.
So Sabina it looks like you aren't the only one who gets to go to Hive Lineolatus now too.
Spark gave you a ticket to? well that does make sense you and your group seem almost inseparable at times.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-23, 01:12 PM
Adepha smiles. Thanks a lot everyling, i'm sure Spark will be happy for you all to be here. Including you, Dysante.

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 01:24 PM
Mr. Two nods to Sabina in confirmation and thanks.
Well lets eat we can talk after dinner.
So you all did, and it was delicious. by the time it was over everypony felt satisfied. before long you all are resting in the parlor, while Mr. and Mrs. Pence are reading the paper together while Nicole and Penny float above you and Tenn. a light amount of music plays from the radio in the corner of the room.
So Sabina it looks like you aren't the only one who gets to go to Hive Lineolatus now too.
Spark gave you a ticket to? well that does make sense you and your group seem almost inseparable at times.

"Yeah, used to be two groups, but it's nice that we're friends with each other in a... single circle kind of group," Sabina said. "I don't know anything about Lineolatus though. I'm excited to see something new."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-23, 01:37 PM
Ya should be interesting getting to see a new place like that. I mean I remember last summer with just how big the Lineolatians were.

Sabina I was thinking with your family in Manehattan would you like to stay with us during the trip? Mrs. Pence asks.

Of course how could we say no to Her Majesty. And of course a free vacation.
Mr. Chonder chuckles at that statement.
Well don't forget to get some sleep early tonight Adepha remember you are helping me open the Store tomorrow.

DigoDragon
2015-03-23, 01:59 PM
Ya should be interesting getting to see a new place like that. I mean I remember last summer with just how big the Lineolatians were.

Sabina I was thinking with your family in Manehattan would you like to stay with us during the trip? Mrs. Pence asks.

Happiness is a warm Sabina hug.

"Oh, I really would!" Sabina cheerfully replied. "I would be ever so grateful. I promise to be helpful and behaved."

Humble Master
2015-03-23, 05:19 PM
"Spark has had some... bad experiences with dragons in the past. Knowing what he's bean through it makes perfect sense to me he'd want some friends to be with him."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-24, 12:00 AM
The night wrapped up with out a hitch as you would be with Tenn and his family while the where on Vacation. Tenn like the good colt he is walks you home. When you arrive, he I am glad you don't have to be alone during your vacation Sabina. He steps a bit closer to you to.
And i am even happier that you can be with me and my family. Well I will see you tomorrow. Tenn is blushing at this point as he leans in and gives Sabina a quick kiss on the cheek, before he dashes off toward his home.

That does make sense, actually. alright. The even slows down quickly by this point and before long you are drifted off the realm of Dreams, and Luna's domain.

The three days before your departure come and go quickly as you all are readily prepared for your vacation. It is morning now, as you and your families wait at the Train station. While Spark and Arlia are yet to be seen, o your surprise or not, Tenn and his family are also waiting at the the station with you all.

Rater202
2015-03-24, 12:17 AM
Gear and his parents are there. Rose carries little, but the males of the household look over packed, particularly Gear, who between his normal saddlebags, his extra saddlebags, his harness, and the case his leg goes in when he's not wearing it, can barely support himself.

He has to lean against the more modestly packed Monkey Wrench, who actually looks a bit put out that he can't put a wing over his coltfriend.

Speaking of Monkey, the colt in question is alone he'll be with Gear's family for the trip. Neither parent could get off work, and the Pegasus had confessed, in private, to his special friend that he and his father had to lie about the trip to get his mother to agree to it.

Gear is sparkling in a contemplative pattern right now, and he's silently trying to figure out ho to get Tenn's current fittings(to use as a template for strap sizes) without letting him know that he's getting a dedicated flight pack for his birthday/Hearths-warming*

*Depending on when Tenn's birthday is. Gear probably needs to learn that.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-24, 12:50 AM
Adepha and her family arrived, having packed modestly with only one pair of saddlebags for each changling, though Mr. Chonder seemed to carry the biggest ones. Hey Tenn! Adepha waved, walking over to the Earth Pony colt. I didn't know you got a ticket. However, whether or not Tenn will recognize Adepha as a Changling Elite is another matter.

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 05:50 AM
Sabina is bouncing as she waited for the train, the weight of her decently large bag not hindering her much at all. Hanging out with Tenn and his sisters for this trip will be fun! At least, that's the plan. The filly didn't tell anyone about the peck on the cheek Tenn gave her. Frankly, she wasn't sure she told herself it was real.

"I hope Spark isn't late. This is his trip! And he must have spent a fortune for all of us to come with him. Bless that little dragon's heart."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-24, 10:43 AM
Tenn waves back to Adepha, though he was not fully sure who she was. Hey Sabina, Hey Gear. He then looks at Adepha.
You know my name but I don't think I know yours. You know Spark too? Tenn is all smiles as he seems equally excited as Sabina was for this trip.

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 10:50 AM
You know my name but I don't think I know yours. You know Spark too?

"That's Adepha," Sabina whispers to him. "Something about changeling elites, but I don't know."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-24, 11:24 AM
Tenn gives the Changling a look up and down. after what seems like minutes, it clicks into his head. Wow Adepha you really look different. Aside from her majesty i have never seen a Changling without eye lens. Are you becoming a Queen?

Emperor Ing
2015-03-24, 12:05 PM
Adepha giggles. No, I don't think Queen Arlia needs to worry about me replacing her. I'm becoming something called a Changling Elite, apparently.

I get a second pair of wings out of it, so it's not that bad. She flutters her wings for emphasis.

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 12:16 PM
"Yeah, makes her look like a dragonfly," Sabina said. "Kind of appropriate given who she associates with."

Rater202
2015-03-24, 02:34 PM
We're not sure how she became an elite. Olith doesn't have any other than her.

My going theories are 1: It has something to do with her diet, 2: it has something to do with her absorbing some of the energy from the Crystal Heart at the Fair in the spring,, or 3: It has something to do with dating Spark.

How does dating Spark factor into it?

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 02:44 PM
"And if it's something she ate, how come others haven't had the effect either?" Sabina added to Monkey's question.

Rater202
2015-03-24, 03:05 PM
"And if it's something she ate, how come others haven't had the effect either?" Sabina added to Monkey's question.

How many changeling Nymphs do you know that occasionally snack on love and friendship given to them willingly by a living love magic generator, a unicorn strong enough to teleport and cast spells that are a bit removed from their talent, a dragon, and a filly that's stronger than some full grown ponies? Just Adepha and Aeslia, right? Aeslia's already royalty, so nothing would happen to her, but Adepha is already exceptional.

Elites, if I understand it right, happen naturally when changelings start getting respect for their actions from other changelings in their hive. adepha occasionally snacking on the love and friendship we give her would mean she'd grow up big and strong, and that, on top of her own natural excellence, would mean that she may need less respect than another ling would to metamorphosize.

Add to that the fact that the exceptional and well nourished ling in question finds herself in adventures against hostile forces that threaten her hive and her hive's allies, and that she and her friends have consistently bested those threats.

and discovering things like the Darlockian Ruins. and things like surfacing Jackie's ship.

And just solving normal crimes like the Devil's Hoof poisoning or crazy voodoo lady at the carnival.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I'd be very surprised to learn that there weren't any lings with at least a little respect for the springboard pirates.

That respect onto an already exceptional Nymph being ocasionally nourished by the love and freindship of her other, also exceptional friends?

But that's just one theory.

And Gear looks over to his coltfriend

As for your Question, my beloved muse, well, Spark is a prince. In some circles, it's not proper for royalty to date "common" ponies. It is however, acceptable for royalty to date members of the nobility, and elites are changeling nobility, if I understand it properly.

Granted, this is my weakest theory.

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 03:26 PM
Suddenly hive Olith sounded really boring after a huge speech like that. Being a changeling must suck without pony friends.

Humble Master
2015-03-24, 05:18 PM
Subtle and her family all carried a moderate amount of luggage: a saddlebag and an additional suitcase. Subtle didn't seem quite as excited as her friends for the trip though her family was abuzz. "It will be nice to get out of the house finally. It really was generous of Spark to invite all his friend's families." Intrigue observed. "Yes, and to such an interesting location! I mean, dragons. Can you really beet that? Hmm, I wonder what their cooking is like. Probably not anything vegetarian." Subtle and Truth trotted over to hang out with their friends. "Hey everypony, everyling. Haven't seen you in awhile though Subtle tells me you've had more adventures than Sure-Luck and Trotson." "Are we still trying to determine why Adepha is turning into an Elite?" Subtle said "Perhaps her sisterhood with Aeslia has something to do with it?"

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 05:25 PM
"Perhaps intelligent equines from outer space?" Sabina said, half-jokingly.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-24, 05:34 PM
I dunno. Maybe a lot of changlings like me or something. From other hives, even.

It's probably the humans, though. Adepha grinned at Spark.

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-24, 05:43 PM
Off in the distance you hear the Train approaching, as you see its smoke stack grow larger and larger. Though there is still no sign of Spark or his mother. Dysante is sitting off to the side as you notice Nicole and Penny approach him. Nicole is blushing like a drunken mare. Tenn still with you all talks while the Mrs. Pence and her husband move over to Mr. Chonder and Iaphate. as well as Rose, and Record.

Tenn, "I really doubt it is your second theory Gear, Spark does not seem like the one to care about class and pomp like that. Wait Humans? What are you talking about Adepha? "

While Mrs. Pence addresses the Adults.I don't mind having a vacation, but i do wonder why Spark would pay for so many of us?

Rater202
2015-03-24, 05:44 PM
It's probably the humans, though. Adepha grinned at Spark.

AAUUGHH!!

Not you, too.

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 05:53 PM
"Wait Humans? What are you talking about Adepha? "

"Spark believes in these bipedal hairless creatures called humans. That have... tiny noses, five fingers per paw... or hand, and pinkish tan skin. Very STRANGE creatures."

Humble Master
2015-03-24, 06:03 PM
"Sometimes I think Spark has eaten Adepha's E Crystals when he starts talking about humans." Subtle says. "Wait, are Spark and Adepha now dating or something?" Straight Truth asked, perplexed. Meanwhile Moonlight Intrigue and Charming Masquerade moved over to talk with the other adults. "I think he's just a generous little dragon. He's certainly been sweet when Subtle has had him over." Masquerade laughed slightly. "Oh come on Intrigue, you have to be wondering! The mare I love would never ignore a subtle mystery like that."

Rater202
2015-03-24, 06:03 PM
With the parents:

Didst Diamond say that young Spark was he terrified of returning to his ancestral homeland, where our destination lies.

If young Spark is anything like our colt, the presence of friends will soothe his fear and let him sleep easier.
But yeah, it has been a while, Straight. Do you know the gist of it, or do you want a recap?

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-24, 06:19 PM
He is Terrified of going to the Dragon lands? that is unexpected. Mrs. Pence replies.

Tenn also replies to Truth.It has been a while Truth where have you been? Ya Adepha and Spark started dating almost a year ago now. and these Humans sound weird.

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 06:32 PM
He is Terrified of going to the Dragon lands? that is unexpected.

"Spark doesn't get along with all his family members," Sabina said. "His siblings can be bullies to him since he's the youngest."

Rater202
2015-03-24, 06:34 PM
Not really unexpected, if you know what his blood family are like: You're aware that my son lost his leg during our first Spring in Vanhoover, during the dragon migration. Mayor Eclipse put the town on lockdown after the attack.

If what I've been told is right, the dragon that took my son's leg was Spark's brother. Diamond said that when they found him, he was torturing young Spark.

If that's what his family is like, Of course he's terrified of going back.Other things of note that happened: We've got a sociopathic Changeling Queen from Hive Arbiter out to get us, I may or may not have discovered a new type of spell magic, I've started seeing the handsome pegasus to my left romantically, Sabina is my honorary Sister now, changelings and crystal ponies apparently used to be the same species thousands of years ago, and Spark and I have both become incredibly wealthy in our own ways.

Also, I lost a leg. You probably noticed. It was worth it, though. Like buying a gold mine and the mountain on top for a tenth-bit.

Emperor Ing
2015-03-24, 06:40 PM
AAUUGHH!!

Not you, too.

What? No! I'm just channeling Spark. She looks around. Speaking of which, where is Spark?

Humble Master
2015-03-24, 06:49 PM
"Oh... Well, my parents decided that it really would be best to move me to a different class than my sister. In the past I've tended to be rather, uh, harsh with my sister when she started pilfering things." Subtle turned her head away though Straight Truth offered her a hug "I feel I was actually part of the reason her class turned against her so much back in our old town. I just was wanted to be sure to give my sister the best possible chance. Though from what I've heard I've missed out on some really incredible adventures."

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 07:00 PM
"Though from what I've heard I've missed out on some really incredible adventures."

Sabina shrugs it off. "Well you must have some interesting stories too. We do live in the same town."

cavalieredraghi
2015-03-24, 07:02 PM
By this point now the Train is right on the Horizon, it does not look the most trains you see though, as this one seems to be pumping out more flame then normal, and the whole caboose, looks like that of a slick stream line serpent. the nose of the train was set at a sharp acute angle as it the smoke seemed to come from no stack at all, but just off from the sides. Also the smoke was not black like most trains but white, almost like pure steam.

as Adepha looked around the station Spark and Arlia finally are seen showing up.
Sorry for our tardiness everyling, We had a small luggage problem. Spark and Arlia seemed to both have one suitcase a piece as they both seemed use to packing light, so what did Arlia mean by a small luggage problem? it still would be a minute before the train pulled into the station. As Spark joined you all, while Dysante did not take his eyes off of the Wyrmling. Arlia joined the adults group not to far off from the children's group.

Hey Everyling, Hey Truth it has been a while. Sorry to keep you all waiting.

Good Morning everyone.Thank you for joining us, on this trip.

DigoDragon
2015-03-24, 07:15 PM
"Thank you for inviting us all!" Sabina chirped. "Woo-woo, all aboard the fun train!"

Humble Master
2015-03-24, 07:20 PM
"Heh, well there are a couple. Anyway, it looks like the train is here." Subtle took not of the inconsistency with Arlia's excuse for their tardiness and their actual luggage. It further aggravated her growing anxiety for the trip. "Yes, thank you Spark. So, what do you think we should expect while we're there?"