PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Fiendish grafts subduing or diplomacy with a Sibriex

Azrael9986
2015-03-19, 08:53 PM
Like the title says I want to control one for a very short time to gain Fiendish grafts.... but its immune to mind affects and somewhat unstable as all demons are. it can be talked to thankfully. I just wanted some hints or tricks anyone might have with dealing with it. They seem to over price magic items/art and what I mean by that is in their eyes they put a lot of value on them. So would bribing it be the best way to go about it considering it would take 2 visits to get what I want 5 grafts. I don't plan on telling it that. in fact it might be better if I told it I was getting more then that. so it would get greedy and try to trick me on the third attempt maybe? idk part of why I am asking >~<

Edit: Sibriex: Fiendish Codex: PG53 sorry should have put this on here the first time.

Bronk
2015-03-20, 06:20 AM
I think that if you really want to deal directly with the sibriex instead of some kind of somewhat safer mercantile environment where diplomacy would help more and your fellow PCs can watch your back, I'd suggest using Planar Binding. The Sibriex would be perfect for that at 15HD. I'm not sure what class you are, so you might have to first hire someone to do that for you.

atemu1234
2015-03-20, 06:50 AM
I think that if you really want to deal directly with the sibriex instead of some kind of somewhat safer mercantile environment where diplomacy would help more and your fellow PCs can watch your back, I'd suggest using Planar Binding. The Sibriex would be perfect for that at 15HD. I'm not sure what class you are, so you might have to first hire someone to do that for you.

Note a couple interesting thing- if you're good, every time you get a fiendish graft you risk becoming evil. Plus, it'll take time to graft, so have someone else there to pay attention to it, unless you intend to be awake while it's grafting demonic flesh onto you.

Jowgen
2015-03-20, 10:15 AM
Surely there is an easier way to get a fiendish graft than to go subdue a fiend and have them help you.

For example, the Fleshwarper PrC gets to ignore racial requirements in regards to what kinda grafts they can apply. Go beat some fiends a month into non-lethal damage, drag them to said Fleshwarper and make sure your medical plan covers everything.

Alternatively, master the art of making faustian pacts.

Really though, do keep the whole driving you mad/evil thing in mind. In fact, any given devil is quite likely to be happy to bargain some fiendish grafts in a faustian pacts, as the associated inevitable evilness is rather helpful in securing your eternal soul for Baator. Outsmart them by somehow making yourself immune, or something.

Azrael9986
2015-03-20, 03:14 PM
Well not much need to worry about the evil thing. I am neutral evil and a cleric. so that should help I also have extremely high charisma and wisdom. The main reason I was thinking of doing it this way is well the setting the silver flame tends to root out most aberrations and fiends within weeks of hitting the surface. so summoning it is kinda more required. I don't really want to go under the ground its not a nice place. at least not with my DM XD we get attacked pretty much nonstop until we go back to the surface.

or would I just be better off with SILTHILAR grafts? Though they don't have wings. the main reason i wanted the grafts x.x that and the on foot speed boost. anyone know of a kind of graft I can mix and match to get wings. some of the grafts have gotten silly about that in the eberron books. needs to be at least 2xland speed= fly speed (average). Though I could just get a ring though then anti-magic can disable it. idk XD main reason I wanted wings.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-20, 03:40 PM
Though they don't have wings. the main reason i wanted the grafts x.x that and the on foot speed boost. anyone know of a kind of graft I can mix and match to get wings.

You can't mix and match graft types, but what about draconic grafts? You can get Buffeting Wings, which gives you fly speed. No draconic grafts improve foot speed, though Dragonbone Legs give you bonuses on Jump, Climb, and Swim.

Bronk
2015-03-20, 06:15 PM
Well, you can't mix and match graft types from the Magic of Eberron, Faiths of Eberron and Dragon Magic books, but you can mix all the other ones, no problem.

I guess you're looking at the 'feathered wings' graft for 10,000 gold. There's also the Zelekhut Wings graft at a heftier 100,000 gold...

ImperatorV
2015-03-20, 07:02 PM
There is a graft handbook somewhere. I'd recommend looking that up.

EDIT: Found it: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12154.0

Bronk
2015-03-20, 08:09 PM

'The Complete Graft Handbook' at minmaxboards is is more complete.

atemu1234
2015-03-20, 08:51 PM

I like this. It's not complete, but I like this.

Bronk
2015-03-21, 08:39 AM
I like this. It's not complete, but I like this.

I've been leery of posting links for a while, but after rereading the forum rules I think I can post this link because it goes to a handbook/list, not an 'in full' website.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=12562.0

That link lists all the grafts from 3.0/3.5, including Dragon material. The other one doesn't even have all the Eberron grafts.

Azrael9986
2015-03-23, 03:44 PM
That second one seems more complete. o-o I know you can't mix the new with the old but all the old can be mixed. also I think that second one might be someone continuing the other guys work. o-o as he never completed it since 2011 and the second one the guy completed it on 2014. anyway back on track.

The main reason i wanted the fiendish grafts was I am already evil. sometimes I might dip into the neutral area more often then not though I am evil. So they give me a lot of benefits for no loss besides time effort and possibly money. That and my character pretty much hates the sliver flame with a fiery passion. No pun intended in that. He knows it will be like having two hands constantly flipping them off just being alive. He loves that idea. so he is searching for ways to do this. I know I could get a cohort to make these. Get an artificer have him snag the feats that lower building costs by 25% on craft grafts and such.

I might also want to maybe start a business with the Sibriex to give it lots of chances to graft people for money, art, and magical items it might want. I know its a demon. I know it might betray me. but when it sees the chance for infinite money and items from a immortal undead. do you guys think it would take the bait?