PDA

View Full Version : Redcloak Summoned Magnesium

PlasticSoldier
2007-04-10, 09:16 PM
I was reading the Wiki entry on OootS characters & the one for Redcloak said that he had summoned a magnesium elemental I have not been able to find it in the comics so can someone explain this.

jindra34
2007-04-10, 09:19 PM
I was reading the Wiki entry on OootS characters & the one for Redcloak said that he had summoned a magnesium elemental I have not been able to find it in the comics so can someone explain this.

I believe he summoned titanium elementals not magnasium ones... the person on WIki may have been playing a joke... sorry.:smallsmile:

Tolkien_Freak
2007-04-10, 09:33 PM
Problem solved.

Legendary
2007-04-10, 09:35 PM
That was in No Cure for the Paladin Blues, folks.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-04-10, 09:39 PM
Never mind, I haven't got around to purchasing the books yet.

Legendary
2007-04-10, 09:44 PM
Btw, i took the liberty of un-'fixing' wiki.

PlasticSoldier
2007-04-10, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

BardicLasher
2007-04-11, 12:18 AM
He summoned it in No Cure to fight the Silver Dragon (the one that's now Xykon's zombie mount)

Bag_of_Holding
2007-04-11, 01:50 AM
Ah, if it was a red or a gold dragon, it would've been spectacular!

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-11, 01:55 AM
Not really. [NCftPB spoilers]
The Silver Dragon just cast Dismissal on it anyway. A Gold or Red probably would have done the same thing.

Bag_of_Holding
2007-04-11, 02:03 AM
Not really. [NCftPB spoilers]
The Silver Dragon just cast Dismissal on it anyway. A Gold or Red probably would have done the same thing.

Woe is me! No massive reaction?

factotum
2007-04-11, 07:32 AM
Why would you get a massive reaction anyway? A silver dragon's breath weapon is either paralysing gas or a cone of cold, neither of which are known for doing much to magnesium.

Noir
2007-04-11, 07:35 AM
he did say if it was a gold or red dragon

dragonseth
2007-04-11, 09:09 AM
Wait, I thought that aside from OotPC's, all that the books contained were comics from this website. When did they fight a silver dragon? By not having the books, am I missing comics that are part of the current storyline?

SteveMB
2007-04-11, 09:18 AM
Wait, I thought that aside from OotPC's, all that the books contained were comics from this website. When did they fight a silver dragon? By not having the books, am I missing comics that are part of the current storyline?
Yes and no. There are bonus comics added to the books (including a brief sequence of Xykon and Redcloak fighting the silver dragon when they killed the good monsters that had taken over Xykon's old digs). They are part of the storyline continuity, but if you don't read them you won't miss anything you need to know.

Legendary
2007-04-11, 10:06 AM
For example, the silver dragon was first seen online when Xykon and Red were in the library looking at the diary, so that it wouldn't come out of nowhere.

Hushdawg
2007-04-11, 10:41 AM

There are oodles of strips added in to both compilation books that flesh out the storyline and give more texture to the characters.

There are also the introductions that Rich writes that give his viewpoints on certain storylines and on how he writes the strip.

Honestly if everyone on the message boards had read the books it would eliminate a lot of meaningless quibbling becaue the answers to a lot of speculation can be narrowed down in the added stuff.

Also, everything that happens in the books has an effect on the online comic, if something in a bonus strip or in the Origin (or the upcoming book I'd wager) DOES return then Rich promises to have a one-panel intro or something. However, reading the full thing will help in the comprehension of things as they do come up.

Fighteer
2007-04-11, 10:57 AM
The magnesium elemental did cause some damage to the silver dragon, but it used its next action to cast dismissal. The final blow was dealt in a stupidly silly way, which I won't spoil even in a spoiler except to say that it made me groan.