PDA

View Full Version : Mithril Weapon Rule Variant

BloodOnTheWind
2015-03-20, 01:58 PM
I'm thinking of running a rule variant stating that weapons made out of mithril may be treated one size category smaller for the purpose of determining whether it can be used with weapon finesse. I've done a lot of research, and i dont think this is going to break the system or anything. it doesnt change the damage or the amount of hands it takes to use it properly. I thought i'd ask for advice anyways.

Threadnaught
2015-03-20, 02:20 PM
It doesn't really change anything too much, but it does give Rogue types a better chance to hit with actual swords.

ComaVision
2015-03-20, 02:25 PM
I'll probably adopt that. It makes a lot of sense.

Studoku
2015-03-20, 02:29 PM
It'd allow a rogue to finesse a mithril longsword in two hands, giving them x1.5 strength mod and good power attack. This shouldn't be an issue though since any rogue who has the strength to do that properly doesn't need weapon finesse in the first place.

Lightlawbliss
2015-03-20, 04:03 PM
I personally run that a mithril weapon has all advantages of being one category lighter without any of the disadvantages (so a 1 handed weapon counts as 1 handed when 1 handed is better and light when light is better) and have never had a problem, it even was used by multiple min-maxers without braking anything.

BloodOnTheWind
2015-03-20, 06:14 PM
thank you guys!