PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Spirit Shaman Gish/Spirit Form build help

00zau
2015-03-20, 04:46 PM
Hey guys. I'm trying to come up with a way to build a Spirit Shaman with the intention of using Spirit Form as a sort of combat form; basically become incorporeal in order to be hard to hit, and highly accurate (I think ghost touch weapons used by an incorporeal character hit through armor, right?) The problem is that Spirit Form causes you to lose your Strength score. Is there any way to apply some other ability to melee damage (with a weapon, preferably a spear) or otherwise deal decent melee damage without a strength score, or a way to keep my strength score?

If not, what do y'all think would be a fair variant/change to the Spirit Shaman that basically amounts to "you can Spirit Form like a manifesting ghost; keeping your strength score."

Blackhawk748
2015-03-20, 05:06 PM
Im not sure if this works by RAW but you could just go Spirit From and smack people with fire from Produce Flame.

Thurbane
2015-03-20, 05:08 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus) is probably a good place to start looking for different stats to damage.

00zau
2015-03-21, 12:32 AM
Im not sure if this works by RAW but you could just go Spirit From and smack people with fire from Produce Flame.

Funnily enough, incorporeal miss chance works both ways, so smacking them with Produce Flame will have the same 50% miss chance that their attacks on me would. Produce flame doesn't give much more damage than the 1d6 default attack you get from the ability itself, and I'm kinda looking to use an actual weapon.

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus) is probably a good place to start looking for different stats to damage.

Wow, that's a neat guide. Didn't find anything that looked like it would work without losing a lot of class levels, though. I was looking around and it actually looks like I get a 'free' weapon finesse-like ability when I don't have a strength score; anyone without a strength score automatically uses dex for to hit. I'm thinking I might not try to add an ability to damage, and just try to stack up flat damage bonuses. Do you know if there's a guide like the one you linked for getting damage bonuses?