PDA

View Full Version : LVL 20 Paladin (Warpriest/Cavalier or prestige)

JohnStone
2015-03-20, 05:41 PM
A friend of mine is starting a campaign for lvl 20 characters just for fun.
He would like:
...Characters that have a Capstone (either 20 class or 10 prestige)
...Characters that are over the top as far as personality goes
...Characters that are more about Role-Play than Mechanics.
...Characters that are a bit "out of touch"

My initial reaction was a PALADIN (they have a nice Capstone, get better with age, and are easily playable as over the top/out of touch personality)

I will admit that building a level 20 character may be beyond my means. So I ask for advice:
i really have nothing other than bodhi's guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SoUzuIY8EXh2Q0-JULnlckrBzG1nO4NFp7lep8c9EwU/edit?pli=1) and the desire to possibly be a lancer on a flying mount.

AND of course there is the problem of gear...theres alot to think about.

I am hoping for something simple and elegnt so i can oncentrate on the ROLE-Play aspect of this character (hopefully a female lancer , think Fire Emblem, maybe i never read it)

JohnStone
2015-03-22, 02:19 PM
I am bumping this because i would really like some help with a basic lvl 20 Paladin build (although im not against a warpriest)
without some semblance of a build i cant start to think of a personality
i would really like to ride a Pegasus (or dragon) into battle

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-03-22, 10:20 PM
This build (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?275093-its-a-villain-sort-of#5).

BowStreetRunner
2015-03-22, 11:34 PM
How about a Hellbred (Fiendish Codex II p. 77) Paladin / Grey Guard (Complete Scoundrel p. 40)? Due to the Hellbred favored class exception you would have a number of multi-class options besides just Pal 10 / GG 10. One idea to consider is to take advantage of GG advancing divine spellcasting at every other level and do Pal 2 / Cleric 8 / GG 10 and get 13 levels of cleric casting.

atemu1234
2015-03-23, 07:34 AM
How about a Hellbred (Fiendish Codex II p. 77) Paladin / Grey Guard (Complete Scoundrel p. 40)? Due to the Hellbred favored class exception you would have a number of multi-class options besides just Pal 10 / GG 10. One idea to consider is to take advantage of GG advancing divine spellcasting at every other level and do Pal 2 / Cleric 8 / GG 10 and get 13 levels of cleric casting.

Hellbred are one of my favorite player race.

Very fitting for Gray Guards, come to think of it.

BWR
2015-03-23, 10:00 AM
Pathfinder, not 3.5, I believe.

Honestly, OP, if you just follow the Guide's build advice for lancers you should be able to build something very playable if not overpowered. Just remember that you'll likely want to play a Small race for any sort of mounted build, unless the DM assures you that you will be spending most of your combat outdoors in chargeable terrain.