PDA

View Full Version : I want to create a planet. (or asteroid)

With a box
2015-03-21, 12:57 AM
Yes. I'm try to cheat with definetion of "day"
if we have a planet rotating near(and circling) a star, somewhere of the planet is must be when your cleric can get daliy spell.(dawn sunrise sunset dusk noon, midnight, sunrise whatever.)
so, The celric teleport to there whenever xhe want and refresh spell for an hour, and come back.

(P.S dose a demiplane has noon? I don't think so)

icefractal
2015-03-21, 02:03 AM
(P.S dose a demiplane has noon? I don't think so)In 3.5, using Genesis - no, or at least it isn't specified.

If you're using Pathfinder, then the one of the options for Create Demiplane lets you set the length of the day/night cycle (and seasonal cycle), so it does have one. If you use the Greater version, you can also set the time trait to 2x normal, meaning less meditation time as well.

Now, regarding asteroid creation, you need something that creates matter at a high rate. One option is the decanter of endless water to create an ice asteroid; you'd probably need several to get it done in a reasonable amount of time - I'm not up for doing the math right now.

Wall of Stone would do the job, but you either need a massive number of casters, a really long time, or making an at-will item of it. Gate, if you have access to that level of power, could do the job in several ways - gate to a volcano, let the magma pour out into space and rapidly cool into rock, for example. Or Gate to the plane of water for a faster version of the ice-asteroid route.

Another option, and again, you'd need to do the math to see how feasible this is - is a Ring Gate + a Portable Hole. The hole has no weight, so it can be sent back and forth through the ring gate as much as you like, bringing a load of gravel each time. Combine it with some ice to hold it together, and there you go. Only a 100 mile range though, so you might need several sets of Ring Gates in sequence to reach your desired location.

Max Caysey
2015-03-21, 03:25 AM
In 3.5, using Genesis - no, or at least it isn't specified.

If you're using Pathfinder, then the one of the options for Create Demiplane lets you set the length of the day/night cycle (and seasonal cycle), so it does have one. If you use the Greater version, you can also set the time trait to 2x normal, meaning less meditation time as well.

Now, regarding asteroid creation, you need something that creates matter at a high rate. One option is the decanter of endless water to create an ice asteroid; you'd probably need several to get it done in a reasonable amount of time - I'm not up for doing the math right now.

Wall of Stone would do the job, but you either need a massive number of casters, a really long time, or making an at-will item of it. Gate, if you have access to that level of power, could do the job in several ways - gate to a volcano, let the magma pour out into space and rapidly cool into rock, for example. Or Gate to the plane of water for a faster version of the ice-asteroid route.

Another option, and again, you'd need to do the math to see how feasible this is - is a Ring Gate + a Portable Hole. The hole has no weight, so it can be sent back and forth through the ring gate as much as you like, bringing a load of gravel each time. Combine it with some ice to hold it together, and there you go. Only a 100 mile range though, so you might need several sets of Ring Gates in sequence to reach your desired location.

What about having an item of command Word major creation? An go to Town?

Gurifu
2015-03-21, 08:59 AM
3.x days are explicit 24-hour days, if I'm not mistaken. This is literal cheating - trying to pull a fast one over on your dm - , not munchkinry. The trick would work on 5th edition magic items that recharge at "dawn," but 3.x days are 14400 combat rounds long and there's no escaping it.

Just buy a fortifying bedroll. http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/heward-s-fortifying-bedroll

Zweisteine
2015-03-21, 09:05 AM
3.x days are explicit 24-hour days, if I'm not mistaken.
I'd like to see the source for that. I'm sure it's true, but I still want to see it.

And this is still a fun exercise in breaking things if it's not.

Gurifu
2015-03-21, 09:27 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/injuryandDeath.htm

Selection search for 24.