PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed One million and one uses for prestidigitation..

animewatcha
2015-03-21, 01:13 AM
People around here refer to this spell as a form of 'limited wish'. I am need help in creativity with this spell so hence this thread. List the situation and how you can use prestidigitation for it.

Like..

1. Dirty Dungeon that you can get lost in? Clean your way through the halls to mark where you have been.

black-jack
2015-03-21, 01:32 AM
Use it to soil a wizards spellbook, rendering it useless because they can't distinguish the markings from the soilings.

goto124
2015-03-21, 01:49 AM
'Who pooped in mah spellbook?'

One wonders why the wizard can't cast PreshowdoIspellthislongword to clean it again?

Troacctid
2015-03-21, 02:26 AM
Change the flavor of food to make it taste good. Make your kids' vegetables taste like candy! Save money on spices!

Change the flavor of food to make it taste bad. Hilarious prank!

Change the flavor of non-food to make it taste like food. Just imagine your enemy's face when you reveal that the "chocolate ice cream" he just ate was actually something else entirely! Make a Fortitude save against disease, buddy!

Clean your laundry. Detergent? Who needs detergent? That's what magic is for!

Chill or warm your drinks. Coffee got cold? Reheat it!

Crake
2015-03-21, 04:09 AM
prestidigitation is basically the ultimate quality of life spell. it just lets you do so many things that would otherwise be a tedious chore in moments.

Barbarian Horde
2015-03-21, 04:33 AM
Make water taste like mead.
Make mead taste like water.
Change the burnt steak flavor to that of candle lit buttered lobster.
Make Crude Puppets
Make a business card.
Cheat at a card games by creating cards.
Heat up your bedroll at night
Cool down your food if it's to hot.
Change your armor color
Change your hair color
Make a paper airplane fly around you in a circle for an hour.
Make confetti to throw at people.
Make a fighter look like he pissed him self
Make a fighter look and smell like he **** himself
Oxyclean your shirt
Get water cool it down to turn it into slush then make a snowcone

Anyways this topic I think has been created a number of times. Use your google fu skills.

Inevitability
2015-03-21, 07:46 AM
I believe WOTC posted something that stated an item can be dampened with the spell, which gives it Fire Resistance 2.

I can't be the only one who is thinking of using this on large floating objects (say, logs), then using them to make a lava-proof boat.

Zweisteine
2015-03-21, 09:20 AM
Remember the sustaining spoon?

Sustaining Spoon
This unremarkable eating utensil is typically fashioned from horn. If the spoon is placed in an empty container the vessel fills with a thick, pasty gruel. Although this substance has a flavor similar to that of warm, wet cardboard, it is highly nourishing and contains everything necessary to sustain any herbivorous, omnivorous, or carnivorous creature. The spoon can produce sufficient gruel each day to feed up to four humans.

Faint conjuration; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, create food and water; Price 5,400 gp.

Yeah, it tastes like cardboard.

Now it tastes like a feast!

Behold the might of least wish!

bjoern
2015-03-21, 10:50 AM
Remember the sustaining spoon?

Yeah, it tastes like cardboard.

Now it tastes like a feast!

Behold the might of least wish!

Hmmm.....what if you stuck the spoon into a massive container, like a million gallon tank. Its says that it fills the container. Even though you have 1m gallons of gruel, its only enough to feed 4 humans. So each human has to each 250k gallons to fill up. No big deal.
Now let's define "container"
How about a container ship, full of gruel. Does it sink. Do crew members have to make swim checks. Does it create hindering terrain.

black-jack
2015-03-21, 01:43 PM
'Who pooped in mah spellbook?'

One wonders why the wizard can't cast PreshowdoIspellthislongword to clean it again?

While cleaning it, they may accidentally "clean" one of their spells out of the book. :smalltongue: Mostly, it's just to prank the wizard though.

SowZ
2015-03-21, 01:47 PM
Turn the crossbow bolt loaded into a crossbow, (one that isn't actively being used,) into a tangle of vines thus rendering the crossbow useless.

Troacctid
2015-03-21, 01:58 PM
I played in a naval campaign once. At one point, we picked up a little girl and her pet bear as passengers on our ship. She had Sorcerer levels and lots of daily uses of prestidigitation, and she used them to turn the whole ship Lisa Frank pink for hours at a time.

Let me tell you, if you ever want to undermine your credibility as a pirate, painting your ship bright pink and drawing sparkling unicorns on your flags is a good place to start.

squiggit
2015-03-21, 02:22 PM
I played in a naval campaign once. At one point, we picked up a little girl and her pet bear as passengers on our ship. She had Sorcerer levels and lots of daily uses of prestidigitation, and she used them to turn the whole ship Lisa Frank pink for hours at a time.

Let me tell you, if you ever want to undermine your credibility as a pirate, painting your ship bright pink and drawing sparkling unicorns on your flags is a good place to start.

That mist be one small ship

Lord Vukodlak
2015-03-21, 03:44 PM
A million and one uses, to bad 999,001 of them are actually beyond its power.

Metahuman1
2015-03-21, 04:34 PM

Yeah, but if you go full Badass, it'll reverse itself.

"OH GOD! I KNOW THAT SHIP!!! IT'S CREW ARE UNSTOPPABLE ENGINES OF DEATH!!!!!!!! NO ONE ELSE WOULD BE INSANE ENOUGH TO HAVE A SHIP LIKE THAT!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"