PDA

View Full Version : Half and Half

Ralcos
2015-03-21, 12:33 PM
I'm about to play in a game (mixing 3.5e with Pathfinder) as a highly intelligent goblin, and I was just wondering if it'd be a good idea to take levels of Alchemist as well as levels of the 3.5 homebrew Engineer class.

Link for a bit more context on Engineer: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?114229-Base-Class-The-Engineer-3-5-PEACH

Basically, I saw this goblin as a master craftsman and merchant, and I thought that mixing levels in both classes would fit that idea.

In terms of focus, I'd want to heavily focus on Intelligence, Dexterity, and Charisma.

NOTE: I'm not looking to truely optimize this idea, but more or less confirm if having equal-ish levels of both classes was playable and not killing his own progression.

Ralcos
2015-03-21, 01:17 PM
I'm thinking of asking our DM if I could gesalt both classes, despite there not being any other gesalts in the party (from what I know, at least).

I got to this thought from seeing an ancient thread on these boards that recommends a way for gesalts and non-gesalts to play in the same party.
Basically, these suggestions are as follows:
- No multiclassing OR impose a penalty to multiclassing.
- Cannot have Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard and/or any other high-tier classes in your chosen gesalt.
- Other rules for gesalting stay the same as original rules.