PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Need help with my Incarnate Maug

Nordek
2015-03-21, 04:04 PM
I am a rookie in the d&d world as well as the world of English language, so I'd like to ask those who will be willing to answer this not to be so accurate with rotten tomatoes.

I am fond of Frontline fighters and currently trying to create somewhat maximised version of such for a campaign with a small group with starting ECL 3.

So I made up my mind for Incarnate Maug. I really love the idea, not only ability bonuses which are amazing as well, and think that this build can be a great start for a crusader/fighter.

But I have some questions I need help with:
1. What are the class skills of this race's racial HD?
2. Is the bonus feat still there after applying the template?
3. When a class level will be eventually added what base saves will I get? I mean how does they stack properly?

Also I would like to discuss the choice of feats not only on the start but also in advance in order to prevent possible mistakes.

As I want protection from various hazards to be my characters feature, I chose Endurance as it gives ability to sleep in medium armor and is required for feat that allow to use Con on Will saves and for the one that allow to try to negate negative levels. Also I will eventually get the feat that allow to add shield bonus to touch AC. Is that a reasonable choose? How else I can hope to improve my character's defences by men's of future feats?

I have most of the books available by the way.

Wacky89
2015-03-21, 04:39 PM
Maug is a very bad choice for race for an incarnate since it doesn't have a con score.
Which means you cannot invest any amount of essentia in your soulmelds.
skill points etc. for construct racial HD you can find in the SRD or Monster Manual

Edit: I just realized you might have meant incarnate construct from savage species.
Then you would have to recalculate skill points, bab and so on for the giant type instead of construct type.