PDA

View Full Version : [DFRPG] Down The Rabbit Hole IC

Zman
2015-03-21, 04:31 PM
Down The Rabbit Hole

It was late September and the sun was out, heralding one of the last few warm days of Summer, Fall strong on the horizon...

It was a brisk and warm walk for Fyn to the Susan B Anthony dorm, the poor girl's roommate lived here, at least that's what the student directory had said. Step by step.... Stride by stride.... He walked down the boring beige hall, four or five steps past an obnoxious bulletin board he found room 413.

With a wrap of his knuckles, Knock, Knock, Knock..

Starting scene, Fyn knocks on the door of Rana's door. Let the RP ensue and we'll be off and running!

A'den
2015-03-21, 05:22 PM
Here's goes nothing...

Fyn smiled at anyone he passed in the hall and walked down the hall in slower more reluctant steps toward room 413. A small knot was forming in his stomach. If all the rumors were right the girl who died that night some time after the party, or he even felt himself flinch thinking what if she died at the party? He couldn't remember **** from that night other than when that woman had arrived. He checked over his shoulder every few seconds the long hall made him feel confined, anything or anyone could step out of one of those doors.

He was so nervous he walked past the room then turned around when he saw 415 and walked back to the door.

Okay this is it, that girl... She was rooming here.

Fyn ran a hand through his dark hair one last time, so what if he was practically a model he had to look confident or he might not get the chance to check out the dead chick's stuff. There had to be something to clue him in he was going on nothing but a gut instinct and a blurred memory told him the police were wrong about the girl's death. He blew a breath out and his face became confident, brave, and impervious to doubt summoning his natural charisma. He knocked on the door.

Athedia
2015-03-21, 05:26 PM
Rana sat, staring at the ghost of her now dead roommate on the bed opposite her. She hadn't slept well since Samatha's body had been found. She was exhausted and starting to wonder if this apparition was actually just a hallucination brought about by tiredness. But it couldn't be, she had started hearing the voices days before, seeing the figures. Was this a mental break? Wasn't it late teens, early 20s when schizophrenia was supposed to occur? She had seen an episode of some medical show where a college student had a mental break. Was this happening to her?

The knocks broke her out of her daze. Carefully she slide off the bed, navigating through the flowers and boxes of takeout her hallmates had brought as condolence gifts. A slightly asian, decidedly handsome face stared back at her through the peephole. Another condolence? How many more would she have to hear? "Oh, I never thought she would OD" with that look saying "Why weren't you there? Why didn't you warn someone she did drugs?". But she didn't want her RA checking on her again. Not in this state.

She opened the door, putting her foot behind it so it only stood open a few inches. She recited the often replied answers before he had a chance to speak. "Thank you for the condolences. No I don't know how to contact her family. I am doing okay."

A'den
2015-03-21, 05:37 PM
Fyn's face remained a mask of concern but inwardly he smiled as the canned line rolled over his ears. The girl who answered the door, he didn't really know her name or the name of the girl who died. She was smaller, with a sort of cute indie Indian girl thing going but the tone of voice said she was going to chase him out as quickly as possible. Fyn dropped the canned line of condolence he had prepared and instead launched into the heart of the matter before she shut the door.

"Hey, I'm Fyn Holbrooke," He paused momentarily any under-classman should of at least heard of the some of the parties he and his friends had hosted. "That was my party your roommate came too. I'm sorry about what happened, I er was kinda hoping to learn her name?"

Athedia
2015-03-21, 05:44 PM
His party? Rana let her eyes travel up his face and she couldn't help but look disgusted. So he had been the reason Samatha had gone out. Him and his damned party. "Samatha." The name left her lips quickly, and as soon as the last syllable was out she slammed the door shut. Turning and leaning on the door she made eye contact with Samatha's ghost, now sitting on her desk, staring back. Quietly she whispered to herself."Her name is Samatha."

Zman
2015-03-21, 05:51 PM
Compel Rana, THE DEAD DONT SLEEP to have difficulty sorting between Samatha's ghost and Fyn's talking making her look a bit crazy. Accept for a Fate, refuse and pay a Fate.

Compel Fyn, THE THINGS A GUY WILL DO FOR A PIECE OF ASS to attempt to take *cough* advantage of the situation. Accept for a Fate, refuse and pay a Fate Point.

A'den
2015-03-21, 05:51 PM
Refuse: Pay 1 Fate Point.

Fyn rubbed the tip of his nose, if he had been standing any closer...

Samatha... Unfortunately it didn't jog any memories. ****... gonna have to try this again.

Undaunted he knocked again, luckily it was still early enough for most of the hall to be empty. **** I look like a retard out here.

"Look I'm not trying to be a ****... I genuinely feel terrible about what happened some pretty crazy **** happened that night and I'm just trying to piece it all together, can I please talk to you for just a few minutes, I swear I'll never bug you again then."

<S h i t>
<S h i t>
<D i c k>
<S h i t>

Athedia
2015-03-21, 05:58 PM
Accept, get fate point
Rana leaned against the door and talked through it. Samatha had started talking, begging her to "find the monster". Rana had been hearing her beg all night. "We're handling it just fine. Shut up for a second. W-I don't need any help. Seriously! SHUT UP"

Zman
2015-03-21, 06:04 PM
Samatha's Ghost

The forelorn girl's ghost suddenly reaches and stands up moving preternaturally fast through the bed and gets within inches of Fyn's face screaming "MONSTER! Monster. Monster?" and after a few seconds of outrage she seems to realize that Fyn is not the Monster and she goes back to reiterating "Help me, help me, help me..." over and over again softer and softer...

As the girls ghost nearly contacts Fyn, he gets shivers of cold, the air immediately and momentarily dropping a few degrees. For Rana, it's exponentially more powerful, sending a shiver across her whole body.

Athedia
2015-03-21, 06:19 PM
Samatha's Ghost

The lost lorn girls ghost suddenly reaches and stands up and moves preternaturally fast through the bed and gets within inches of Fyn's face screaming "MONSTER! Monster. Monster?" and after a few seconds of outrage she seems to realize that Fyn is not the Monster and she goes back to reiterating "Help me, help me, help me..." over and over again.

As the girls ghost nearly contacts Fyn, he gets shivers of cold,my he air immediately and momentarily dropping a few degrees. For Rana, it's exponentially more powerful, sending a shiver across her whole body.

"STOP THAT!! GET BACK, GET BACK!" Rana threw the door open and ran out, almost knocking Fyn over in the process. Staring back at Samatha's ghost, she shook and was pale. "I don't know how. I told you! D-don't touch me again!"

A'den
2015-03-21, 06:30 PM
"Ummm..." Fyn only has a second' warning before his creeped out meter pegged into the red, not only was this chick crazy he was getting the spooky feeling again, goose bumps on his arms.

Oh man, oh man, oh man... not again...

Before it can go any further he stumbles back and reflexively catches the girl as she runs out the door screaming her lungs out. He catches her by the shoulders but she cries out to not be touched his hands leap away from her like a hot iron.

"Look I'm sorry I bugged you. Jesus just don't tell anyone I assaulted you for ****'s sake you trying to get me thrown in jail?"

Confused Fyn takes a step back from the girl frustrated, "Look you change your mind give me a call."

He pulls out a business card black & white emobssed with his name on one side, FYN, and the other his phone number.... acutal personal business cards. He flicked one through the air at the girl, feeling embarrased and hoping to god no one in the hall over heard her and took it the wrong way.

<F U C K>

Athedia
2015-03-22, 12:07 AM
"Not you! Tell her to get away!" Rana gestured at the door. Now she was in the hall the light was brighter, showing the dark bags and the bloodshoot eyes. "Who cares if you get in trouble, I already am. All these condolences and not one has shut her up."

A'den
2015-03-22, 02:51 AM
Fyn paused on his second step away from the girl. He turned and stared at her his grey eyes taking ona stony quality but he took a step closer to her and looked through the door. He didn't see anything. He looked at her and perked an eyebrow, "I don't see anything..."

He reached a hand out to the door and felt the cold prickle as goose bumps rose on his he snatched his back.

"Uhh..."

He looked at the girl, maybe he wasn't the only seeing things that weren't there.

"She said anything useful?"

Zman
2015-03-22, 08:19 AM
Samatha's Ghost

As Fyn peers through the door say Samatha screams, "Get out! Get out! GET OUT!" and the door appears to close on its own. Not the brute force of a slam, but as if the door was given just enough of a nudge to let momentum swing it closed. It was as if the ghost did to want to be alone with him.

If you can, please put your character's name in their color at the top of your posts. Occasionally other people read these and it's nice when they know what character is posting.

Athedia
2015-03-22, 09:49 AM
Rana

"Stop that." Rana didn't shout this time, just curled up in the hall covering her ears. "She doesn't like you. You're not the monster, but she doesn't like you." At this sudden decrease in energy she started to cry softly. "I just want to sleep. But she isn't real, you just said she isn't real.

A'den
2015-03-22, 02:32 PM
Fyn

Fyn stared at the door for a solid minute stunned in disbelief. He looked down at the girl and felt maybe for the second time all year a slight stab of sympathy for another human being other than himself. He knelt down next to her and raised his hands in a placating gesture.

"Shhh, she's gone, look my place isn't far from here you can crash there if you want for the day I have practice in a few hours and we have a spare futon. Come on, tell me your name?"

Athedia
2015-03-22, 05:13 PM
Fyn

Fyn stared at the door for a solid minute stunned in disbelief. He looked down at the girl and felt maybe for the second time all year a slight stab of sympathy for another human being other than himself. He knelt down next to her and raised his hands in a placating gesture.

"Shhh, she's gone, look my dorm isn't far from here you can crash there if you want for the day I have practice in a few hours and I can just go crash at my buddy Zane's place. Come on, tell me your name?"

"Rana... she won't let me be. I am just so tired." She looked back at the door and shook her head. "You sure she won't follow?" She pushed herself up and nodded. "Let's go, I can't go back in there."

A'den
2015-03-22, 06:05 PM
Fyn

"Rana, cool nice name, ummm I don't know really but she didn't like me much right so she probably won't like my place. My truck is outside let's go we can come back later pick up whatever you need when she's calmed down a bit."

Fyn was still pretty spooked but it was easier to do something and while he didn't see anything it was still pretty spooky and the sooner he could sit in front of his Xbox and drink a beer and mellow out a little the better he would feel.

Rana's hand seemed cool to the touch but Fyn held it in his, his hands were calloused with hours of practice and working out he held her gently lending support instead of compelling her to walk with him. Too hell with the rumors, it doesn't matter who gets seen walking around with me.

Still that vaguely spooky feeling stuck with him walking down the hall he started remembering the trick he pulled the other day against that super weird bro with the bow and kept the thought ready to act on in his head.

He fumbled his car keys out of his pocket as they made it to the front door of the hall, "It's the red F-150 in the lot, its sorta old but its mine at least."

[roll0]

Didn't want to move the scene out of the area without Zman getting a chance to be Zman.

Zman
2015-03-22, 07:13 PM
Apartment Parking Lot

As they exited the dorm, the sun was still high and bright for middle afternoon. The lot was MOSTLY EMPTY and Rana couldn have guessed what vehicle was Fyn's without him telling her.

As they are walking to the truck, Rana looks back at her apartment window and can see Samatha staring out the window, a what Rana assumes is a lost look on her face.

When they drive towards Fyn's place,mother are going to head down a familiar street, Crescent Dtreet, where the parking for Fyn's was. Next to an abandoned corner lot is the ditch they found Samatha's ODed body in. As they drive by Rana will see Samatha's ghost appear, standing on the spot,mistaking into the dirt where they found her body.

Edit: Also, when I describe SOMETHING in all caps it means it's a scene aspect. In this case it dleant matter, but I'm trying to get in the habit of doing it.

Athedia
2015-03-22, 07:22 PM
Rana unbuckled her seatbelt. "Stop the car." She barely gave him time to react before she was attempting to unlock the door.

A'den
2015-03-22, 07:28 PM
Fyn

"Jesus! Just one second," Fyn hit his turn signal and pulled over to the curb barely taking a second to check his mirror and make sure the coast was clear. He paused and look over at Rana.

Seriously this girl is gonna give me a heart attack. He turned the music down, Top 100 of course and unlocked his own door getting ready to step out.

"What is it?"

Athedia
2015-03-22, 07:38 PM
Rana

"She's here now. This is where..." Rana trailed off, kneeling down where she could see where Samatha had been lying dead that night. She hadn't been there yet, had been to afraid of what she would see. Looking up at the ghost, she spoke. "Is this what you wanted? Me to visit this spot?" She knew the EMTs and police had been here already but she searched anyway, looking for anything that could help her understand.

Should I make an Investigation check or something?

Zman
2015-03-22, 07:43 PM
Abandoned Corner Lot

They quickly pull over to the single laned alley that ran behind Isadore Street and supplied all the supplemental parking for the houses there, including Fyn's.

The corner lot was MOSTLY HIDDEN from view of Isadore Street by a ROW OF BRUSH and had a DEEP DITCH that bordered the lot and ran underneath the alley Cresent street. It looked as if the empty lot was lower than all the surrounding land and collected all the run off, probably the reason it was unbuilt.

Samatha's ghost is standing on the ditch looking down, as if her body was still there.

A'den
2015-03-22, 07:49 PM
Fyn

Fyn pulled into his usual parking spot got of the truck turning it off then he walked around the hood and headed over to Rana slowly. He was starting to get seriously freaked out the ghost was following them still. A deep breath helped him relax relying on old swordsmanship exercise he was pretty sure pulling a weapon out of thin air wouldn't help Rana calm down either.

He stayed quiet but instead looked over the area, he had scene NCIS once or twice.

[roll0]

Zman
2015-03-22, 07:51 PM
Samatha's Ghost

The ghost of the young woman, so much younger looking in death, despite the makeup and dress. She just stood there starig down, rocking back and forth slowly muttering softly, "Wanted me... Wanted me so .... Tried to take me... Take me...but I said no.... Tried to.... Monster! Monster!

Fyn notices the tire tracks rutting the soft earth of all the cars that parked a long the street. Nothing that could ever be used as identification, though it had been a week and there were so many cars for those who didn't walk to the party.

Athedia
2015-03-22, 08:02 PM
Samatha's Ghost

The ghost of the young woman, so much younger looking in death, despite the makeup and dress. She just stood there starig down, rocking back and forth slowly muttering softly, [B]"Wanted me... Wanted me so .... Tried to take me... Take me...but I said no.... Tried to.... Monster! Monster![""B]

Fyn notices the tire tracks rutting the soft earth of all the cars that parked a long the street. Nothing that could ever be used as identification, though it had been a week and there were so many cars for those who didn't walk to the party.

Rana

"Hey, Samatha." Rana reached out to touch her arm, but pulled back at the cold. "You can talk to me okay. I know you fought, I should have been there. Just tell me, do you remember anything?"

Empathy (Fair): [roll0]

A'den
2015-03-22, 08:11 PM
Fyn

As Fyn looked around trying to turn over anymore clues he peered into a mud puddle to see if anything was lying in the water. Instead he saw the dead girl's face watching Rana. Fyn fell backwards in the mud, his face completely white, "Holy ****! You're not crazy she's real!"

His heart beating about a thousand times a second he stood a few few feet away from Rana. He still couldn't see the ghost but knowing...

What the ****ing ****...

Athedia
2015-03-22, 08:14 PM
Fyn

As Fyn looked around trying to turn over anymore clues he peered into a mud puddle to see if anything was lying in the water. Instead he saw the dead girl's face watching Rana. Fyn fell backwards in the mud, his face completely white, "Holy ****! You're not crazy she's real!"

His heart beating about a thousand times a second he stood a few few feet away from Rana. He still couldn't see the ghost but knowing...

What the ****ing ****...

Rana

Rana looked back at him, eyes wide. "I'm not?" A hint of a smile appeared on her face at the idea.

A'den
2015-03-22, 08:21 PM
Fyn

He shook his head slightly slack jawed, "I... I... saw.. her for a second... Oh **** man not again, not again."

Zman
2015-03-22, 08:22 PM
Samatha's Ghost

Something in Rana's words touches the ghost and she visibly calms, fading from view... Ash she seems to disappear she looks at Rana, makin eerie eye contact, "Ra.. Rana? Help me... So many pills... Can't think... I.... He...." The ghost calmy disappears, momentarily at peace. Rana knows the spirit is not at rest, but when Samatha died she was stoned out of her mind, confused, sacred,mterrified, and her spirit is no more than that fractured damaged image of what she was... Almost reliving the moment of her death... In confusing terrified repeat...

Athedia
2015-03-22, 08:34 PM
Samatha's Ghost

Something in Rana's words touches the ghost and she visibly calms, fading from view... Ash she seems to disappear she looks at Rana, makin eerie eye contact, "Ra.. Rana? Help me... So many pills... Can't think... I.... He...." The ghost calmy disappears, momentarily at peace. Rana knows the spirit is not at rest, but when Samatha died she was stoned out of her mind, confused, sacred,mterrified, and her spirit is no more than that fractured damaged image of what she was... Almost reliving the moment of her death... In confusing terrified repeat...

Rana

Rana turned back to Fyn's car and climbed in. "She is gone for now. I don't know how long."

A'den
2015-03-22, 08:47 PM
Fyn

Fyn got up slowly and brushed himself off he got in the truck and finished parking down the street in front of his house. He shut the truck off and rested his head on the steering wheel for a second. This is so ****ed up...

Then he sat up with the same cocky expression back on like a mask. "Alright this is my place come on I'll introduce you to the guys."

He gets out and locks the truck after Rana and heads toward the front the door. After a quick unlock and walks in the front door leaving it open for Rana. The house is large with an open living room to the right and dining room and kitchen to the left with a stair case leading to bedrooms upstairs.

Fyn's looks in the living room seeing Zane, some dude, and dice like everywhere raises an eyebrow, "What's up ****ers?"

Athedia
2015-03-22, 08:51 PM
Rana

Rana followed a few steps behind, carefully sliding her keys between the fingers in her right fist. Better to be safe than sorry. She winced a little at Fyn's language, but cautiously looked around him at the two guys. "Hi....

Zman
2015-03-22, 09:02 PM
Bachelor Pad

As Fyn opens the door he is greated by the comfort of his home, the place was nice.... For a college party house.... Which meant it was almost impossible to get clean, but managed liveable... Barely.

Fyn's only remaining roommate Zane, a tall well muscled jock type with black hair and slate eyes, was hunched over a pile of papers with a handful of dice in his hand. There was another guy across the able from him, he looked younger or at least more boyish than Zane, a sandy mop hanging from his head.

Zane

Zane turned to look at the from door and upon seeing Fyn and a girl walk in his face immediately took on the shocked look all guys have experienced at least once in their life when their mother, father, sibling or anyone else walks in at an inopportune time and caught them in a compromising position...

After a second of shock, "Ahhh.... This isn't as bad as it looks.... And weren't you supposed to be out an out today?"

Not wanting to lose a step he fires a volley first, "Dude, tell me you werent prowling around the playgrounds for her, or did you find her at Sunday school?" a touch of a laugh and a smirk touches his face.

Rana and Daniel know each other and it'd be a good time to get him to chime in. Maybe after a bit of banter.

I figure in the last year sine Zane left Football, he joined Dans DnD group and they met here to hash some stuff out instead if their normal atuesday night at the local Hobby Shop, the Last Square.

Athedia
2015-03-22, 09:10 PM
Rana

Rana let her lip twitch in disgust. "He was offering condolences. Or have you already forgotten a girl died in real life?"

Zman
2015-03-22, 09:21 PM
Zane

Zane face changed into something that looked genuinely apologetic, "Oh..."

All the while Asshat... was running through his brain,

A'den
2015-03-22, 09:40 PM
Fyn

Serves you right...

Fyn was perfectly content to let the Zane step on that landmine. He carefully made sure Rana was focused on Zane before giving Zane one of Fyn's typical Bro You Don Screwed Up expressions. He wiped the cocky smile from his face quickly and put on a somber expression.

"Rana guest bed is upstairs on the right, my room is on the left, the lock still works on my door but... the guest bedroom doesn't lock anymore after our version of the Leidenfrost effect experiment."

Fyn grabbed a seat at the table and looked at the mess on the table he smiled at Zane and his smile took on a sadistic cast.

"What's this?" He asked with utmost seriousness.

Athedia
2015-03-22, 10:01 PM
Rana

Rana gave Fyn a grateful smile and went up the stairs. She stopped by the guest bedroom first to grab one of the thicker blankets from bed before going into Fyn's room and locking the door. Wrapping the blanket around herself she collapsed on the bed.

Hyooz
2015-03-22, 10:15 PM
Daniel

Daniel looked up, glad to have been largely ignored for the last exchange. He was not unused to Zane's friends carrying drama with them wherever they went, but this was definitely something he was glad to have missed. "Arcanos. I was helping Zane put a campaign together. Not that it seems like he needs much help - seriously, man, some of this stuff is great." He shuffled through a few more pages lined with stat blocks and set piece ideas. He hadn't quite worked up the courage to look the new guy in the eyes just yet. "The werewolf encounter? I'm almost shocked you came up with this." Trying fruitlessly to brush the hair out of his eyes, he turned after another pause juuuuust long enough to be awkward and extended a hand to Fyn. "Dan, by the way."

A'den
2015-03-22, 10:45 PM
Fyn

"Really Zane wrote most of this?"

Fyn's expression became one with a cat and a plate full of milk. He calmly waited for the new kid to sift through his notes all the while staring at him with something approaching malicious glee. When the new kid finally met Fyn's eyes he felt a small jolt as he shook Dan's hand and suddenly found himself involuntarily looking away from Dan's eyes.

"Fyn, want a drink?" Fyn got up and went to the liquor cabinet, bypassing the beer fridge and plucked a bottle of whiskey off the top shelf and a low ball glass. He took a pull from the bottle then poured himself a finer, then two fingers, then three... he topped the glass off and sat back down at the table.

Fyn took a sip than sorta turned into a slurp and a gulp. The glass came back down missing two fingers off the top. His expression became a little more relaxed than hyper velociraptor on crack too somewhere around a human being.

"What do you guys know about ghosts?"

Zman
2015-03-22, 10:50 PM
Zane

Zane, still momentarily stunned into silence by his own asshattedness took a second to respond as Daniel started talking about Arcanos, "Save your breath, all he hears is nerd. Nerd. Nerd." as Zane pointed at each aspect of the game in turn. Looking at Fyn with a wry smile he added, "I told you I game on Tuesday nights, ain't my fault you assumed..." and with the word assumed Zane's hands held an invisible controller, the sticks almost visible under his thumbs, the triggers inaudible clicking away.

A second glance to Dan said "thanks".

His face turning apologetic, "Sorry about the girl... But this doesn't explain why the freshy is sleeping here... unless I was right and she just doesn't know it yet." he finished it off jacking a click sound with his cheek that spoke louder than words.

Zman
2015-03-22, 10:54 PM
Compel WELL TRAINED NERD for Dan, Dan knows lots about ghosts, even about the movie ghost. Hell, he's got a Monster Manual in front of him with a half dozen kinds of them.

Fate for accept, or pay a fate to only get accurate info with Lore when you roll it.

A'den
2015-03-22, 10:58 PM
Fyn

Fyn rolled his eyes at Zane's comment, he took another sip of his whiskey, "She's off limits for now. Answer my question and I'll tell you why nerd candy is upstairs."

Zman
2015-03-22, 11:02 PM
Zane

Giving Fyn a respectful nod, "Off limits for me and you, Dan doesn't need that kind of handicap, losing your VCard is hard enough without them.". Giving a quick laugh and playful verbal stab.

Giving Fyn a quizzical half believed look, "Ghosts ghosts?? Like real ones.". After a slight pause he adds, "Only ghost I thought you recognized was the ghost of your track stint."

Hyooz
2015-03-22, 11:18 PM
Daniel

"Ghosts? Well... a lot, actually." He returned quickly to his seat and started rummaging through his backpack as he talked - Zane's comment went entirely over his head. "Incorporeal, obviously, and more often than not invisible unless you have special detection methods." He drew a book from his bag and started flipping through the pages rapidly. "From there... it depends a lot on the world and the ghost itself. I mean, just think about the difference between Japanese and American ghost stories. There's almost too much variation out there..." He paused, considering what just transpired in the house. "Uh... was there a reason you asked about ghosts?"

Accept the Compel: Rolling Lore - 4d6+1

A'den
2015-03-22, 11:38 PM
Fyn

"Dan trust me, don't start with a girl like that, you'll end up married or some retarded things." Fyn quipped at both of them.

He seemed to soak in their comments behind whiskey induced invulnerability. A lot of things were jumbled up in this state. His brain kept on flashing on what he saw in the puddle.

Invisible unless you have special detection means.

"Ghosts are ghosts, but what about you mean to say to detect... I mean reckon somebody saw one but somebody else is standing there and saw nuthing. I mean what the **** is up that?"

Fyn narrows his eyes at the last question,"Who the **** cares why I just want to know s'all there's to it."

Zman
2015-03-22, 11:41 PM
Zane

Zane remains quiet, sensing the oddities in his friend's behavior and is more concerned with how Fyn responded then with what Dan was saying. It was puzzling.

Check the OOc for what Dan knows about ghosts.

Hyooz
2015-03-22, 11:54 PM
Daniel

Dan shrugged, turning back to his books so he didn't need to face the, admittedly mild, hostility. "Didn't mean anything by it, but ghosts have so much variance... the more I know about why you want to know, the more helpful I can be." Finding the pages he had been looking for, he held the book up. "Here, look at this. Arcanos alone has about 6 subsets of 'ghost.' You've got wraiths, remnants, revenants, haunters, ghasts... it goes on." He put the book back down, shrugging again. "I guess there are a few things ghosts have in common - even the Swayze variety. You can't touch or see them normally - you either need a medium for them to possess, or other special circumstances. Sometimes something as simple as a mirror works to see them, but that doesn't do you a lot of good beyond spooking yourself."

"To really deal with one - banishing it, talking to it, whatever... you need some amount of magic to really make it stick."

Zman
2015-03-23, 12:00 AM
Zane

As Dan mentions using magic to be able to see them Zane winks at him, knowingly.

Assuming Dan has at least mentioned The Sight to him, unless Danhas yet to experience it which may be better, then he's just winking about magic.

Also, don't forget spirits, shades, and poltergeists.

A'den
2015-03-23, 12:16 AM
Fyn

"Why? Why is upstairs! I go by the dead girl's place the one that died on the way home from my party the other night. Except her roommate is there crazier than hell, screams half her mind about something not touching her."

He paused and looked at Zane, "Not me, they all like me."

Fyn's self importance deflates again as he takes another sip of whiskey he blows out a deep breath and speeds through the rest of his recollection. "The girl, Samatha's room mate, her name is Rana, well she blathers about seeing Samatha's dead ghost in her room as she tumbles out of her room chased out by her dead roommates ghost. I thought she was cray. Except I touched her, the ghost, it was damned cold, like damn one second warm next second cold. So Rana isn't as crazy as I think she is, or maybe I have the same fever she does. Well I offered her a place to crash and she accepted, yes Zane I have been known from time to time to sympathize for my fellow human being, and she almost takes a roll out of my truck on the way half babbling about the spot. Its the spot where Samatha died, and Rana starts talking like Samatha is right freaking there, well I look around maybe there's a clue to the asshat that did her in. Then ****ing BOOM right there in the puddle is the bitch's face. Starting right at Rana. I mean **** me. Nearly had a heart attack."

Fyn finishes and tosses down the rest of the whiskey his eyes still troubled.

Zman
2015-03-23, 12:31 AM
Zane

Zane listens to his friend, choking on his own tongue at Fyn's second remark. "I see... That changes things..."

Take that lost Fate Point back, you cracked my **** right up.

Athedia
2015-03-23, 12:59 AM
Rana

Rana tightens up a little when she hears the mention of upstairs. What were they saying about her? Then she heard the second part. Did he just refer to Samatha as a bitch? Rana got up and went over to the door, double checking that it was locked. On quick reflection she went to the window and shut and locked it. There. Safe now. Well... safe from people.

Hyooz
2015-03-23, 10:58 AM
Daniel

Dan leaned heavily on one of his hands, supporting his chin - eyes shooting open at the realization. The dead girl's roommate... crap on a cracker this one's for real. "I'll say it changes things... He turned to Zane, back straitening as his eyes narrow again. "I'm not sure how equipped I am to deal with this, but we should be able to do something, at least." He shut the Arcanos book decisively, and turned to face Fyn fully. "I think... we can help."

A'den
2015-03-23, 11:38 AM
Fyn

Fyn stared at Dan for a second unseeing then seemed to realized how much he said then his eyes snapped to Zane. Then down to the empty whiskey glass.

"God damn't whiskey you betrayed me."

He glanced upstairs he didn't know how loud he was being, he felt a little sheepish and ran his mouth when he was drunk or scared, and he was both... He hoped Rana didn't overhear any of that.

Not that I should care... Not my problem... Not my... ****... He remembered a bit of that party a few nights ago. No... this is my problem.

"Help? How can you guys help?" He raised an eyebrow at Zane

Zman
2015-03-23, 12:14 PM
Zane

Zane closes his eyes for a second... This is going to be interesting...

With a sigh he looks up at Zane and speaks in the most calm, even tone he can manage, "Dan is a true blue wizard. Yes magic is real. No, we aren't stoned."

He looks to Dan with a smirking **** grin on his face, "Tag. You're it."

Athedia
2015-03-23, 01:58 PM
Rana

The voices downstairs had quieted, and Rana snuck out of her blanketed cocoon. Carefully she unlocked the door and snuck to the top of the stairs, curious about what had caused them to become so hushed.

Hyooz
2015-03-23, 02:26 PM
Daniel

Thanks so much, you douchebag. Rubbing the spot between his eyes, Dan sighed in faux exasperation. He was too excited for the chance to do some real wizard business to hold it against Zane too much. "I'm not stoned at least - you can never tell with Zane. But he's right - I don't know about 'full-fledged,' but I can definitely work some magic, and if that doesn't qualify me for wizard, I'm not sure what does."

He leaned back, taking a deep breath to sort his thoughts. "We're still sort of new at this, but if Upstairs is seeing ghosts - and you think you might have seen it too - chances better that there's a legit ghost situation going on than both of you being crazy."

Rolling Average Lore(+1): [roll0] - to have an idea of what might be causing Rana to see/hear the ghost more than anyone else.

Zman
2015-03-23, 02:32 PM
Average Lore: She is likely haunted by her dead roommate for some unknown reason. It is also possible that she is some kind of medium or has the "Sight" like Dan does, except she doesn't' control it.

A'den
2015-03-23, 02:51 PM
Fyn

"Your ****ting me..." Fyn leaned over and sniffed at Zane but the tell tale sign of ganja was missing. He frowned again then looked over at Dan, there was a certain amount of uncomfortable facts in the last few days that contradicted with Fyn's desire ridicule the living **** out of both them.

"Well maybe that explains this..."

Fyn motioned with his hand...

Discipline: [roll0]
Deceit: [roll1]

He's kinda drunk so rolling a d6 to see what makes: [roll2]
1 - A Cup
2 - A Dagger
3 - A Longsword - The tip pointing somewhere between Dan and Zane.
4 - A Beer Bottle
5 - A metal d20
6 - A Half Formed Lump of metal.

I think the Discipline Roll trumps being drunk because Fantastic: So He Makes a Freaking Awesome Sword: Like Cloud's from FFVII

A gigantic sword almost five feet long with a blade six inches wide suddenly clatters onto the table that any nerd should of recognized from a popular FF title. Even Fyn is a little surprised.

Hyooz
2015-03-23, 03:21 PM
Daniel

More than a little taken aback, Daniel pointed dumbly at the sword. "I'm admittedly a bit new at this but, yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call 'magic' on that one."

Athedia
2015-03-23, 03:30 PM
Rana

Rana clapped her hands over her mouth to keep the squeak of surprise from alerting those downstairs. She hadn't seen much, just the handle of a giant sword appear, but all the same. This can't be real. She edged down the stairs a little, curiosity overcoming sense.

Zman
2015-03-23, 03:34 PM
Zane

Not to be shown up in a proverbial pissing match with Fyn, Zane stands and grasps the massive blade and with a sharp drive of his knee attempts to break the blade over his knee in one rapid motion... snapping the blade in two clean halves...

Might Fair(+2) +Inhuman Strength(+3) +[roll0]= Supurb

That should be enough to break a blade over ones knee.

A'den
2015-03-23, 03:41 PM
Fyn

Fyn tips out of his chair in surprise and starts laughing. "Dude! I knew you were holding out on max days!"

Zman
2015-03-23, 03:49 PM
Zane

At Fyn's comment, Zane can't control it, he bursts out laughing. "Yeah... I'm a terrible actor... and you wonder why I never drink too much either! If I did your drunken ass wouldn't have "won" that shoving match and knocked me into the pong table last summer!" Zane puts the blade halves back on the table as they seem to disintegrate into goo soaking the table with a rapidly evaporating gelatinous substance.

A'den
2015-03-23, 03:59 PM
Fyn

"Shh yeah, muscles isn't everything Schwarzen-Kong. Okay okay I see you've been hitting the juice pretty hard, so what's your story Dan and how do we help a real ghost?" Fyn turns an eye back to the resident nerd after the ninja vs Hulk pissing contest.

Hyooz
2015-03-23, 04:05 PM
Daniel

Dan joined the increasingly riotous laughter and poked at the dissolving sword on the table. "And it's self-cleaning. That's handy as hell. I'm going to hold back for now - I think Zane just replaced these lightbulbs after last time."

He rubbed some ectoplasm between his fingers as it dissolved. "And honestly, chances are Rana has some kind of talent too. Not just anybody can hear ghost ramblings. It'd even take some prep work for me."

Zman
2015-03-23, 04:09 PM
Zane

Zane cuts in as Dan mentions light bulbs, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, forces of creation... elements at your command... and wizards always arriving precisely when they mean too..."\

When Daniel mentions prep work, "Prep work, you mean opening your eyes or sight or whatever and then whimpering about how overwhelming it is followed by massvie headaches? That kind of prepwork?"

Hyooz
2015-03-23, 04:10 PM
Daniel

"Phenomenal cosmic power." He clicked his tongue and finger-gunned back at Zane. "Does not play nice with electricity."

"And... well, yeah. The third eye or sight or whatever the hell it's 'actually' called isn't exactly a lot of fun. It's quick and dirty, but I'd rather try something else first. Might be able to put together a vessel for the ghost to talk through or something... I'd have to check some of my books - but if I can make that work, it'd let us communicate without risking Seeing more than I want to."

Athedia
2015-03-23, 04:18 PM
Rana

Rana had been listening to this, but on the mention of the vessel she spoke up. "You don't need a vessel. I hear them. See them. And I am pretty sure I can contact them.... It doesn't hurt." She spoke as she came down the stairs, face cleaned up and hair tighten back into the twin short pigtails on either side of her head.

Zman
2015-03-23, 04:21 PM
Zane

As Dan is describing creating a vessel for a ghost and consulting his books Zane gives him a smirk and a look that screams 'Oh Really??'

As Rana comes down the stares Zane doesn't say anything, he just glances at her, hoping one of the others will deal with this grenade.

A'den
2015-03-23, 04:25 PM
Fyn

This time Fyn really did fall out of his chair as he jumps up at Rana's voice and laughs weakly scratching the back of his head, which was obliquely giving Zane the finger.

"Rana, hey, soo... you heard all of that?"

Athedia
2015-03-23, 04:29 PM
Rana

Rana gave him a cold stare. "Her name was Samatha. Not the bitch. I heard enough. The only thing that matters to me is that world is crazy, not just me."

A'den
2015-03-23, 04:32 PM
Fyn

Fyn flinches visibly, "I'm sorry, I uhhh, I'm not cut out to handle this well and I shoot my mouth when I'm not in my element. Really I was out of line, I'm sorry."

Fyn even throws in a bow of head sheepishly with what might of been his first ever apology to humanity.

Zman
2015-03-23, 04:35 PM
Zane

Zane takes on an expression of 'Oh Snap!' when Rana scolds Fyn and his expression shifts suddenly to shock, awe, and disbelief as Fyn apologizes. Zane is speechless.

Weirdest damned day ever...

Hyooz
2015-03-23, 05:49 PM
Daniel

"I guess there are less awkward ways to learn about magic but... yeah, I don't think you're crazy, at least." He raised a hand in an awkward wave of greeting. "Dan, by the way."

Athedia
2015-03-23, 05:54 PM
Daniel

"I guess there are less awkward ways to learn about magic but... yeah, I don't think you're crazy, at least." He raised a hand in an awkward wave of greeting. "Dan, by the way."

Rana

"I know you. You always carry one of those dorky books around."

Hyooz
2015-03-23, 06:03 PM
Daniel

"Is it less dorky if I call it paranormal research? But... yeah, that's me. Hard to argue that when I'm sitting at a table covered in Arcanos stuff."

Zman
2015-03-23, 06:23 PM
Zane

Getting a little defensive about his now out of the closet nerdom, "Hey, its not dorky, it intellectual badassdom!"

A'den
2015-03-23, 06:43 PM
Fyn

Apparently recovered from his moment of humanity Fyn chips in, "There are easier paths to chastity Zane."

He pauses and looks around the room, "Well we sorta have an idea of what were doing Dan said the ghost, ahem Samatha, may not be able show itself, I mean herself, again until it gets dark? Why don't we see why Samatha's spirit hasn't moved on then."

Athedia
2015-03-23, 06:56 PM
Rana

Rana stood in the back slightly, then raised her hand. "I might have the answer. She kept saying someone forced her to take pills. A monster. He wanted her, tried to take her... I think she fought. I think something in her kept fighting. She was nice...." She lowered her hand, now formed into a fist. "Whatever did this she died terrified. She didn't deserve this."

A'den
2015-03-23, 07:30 PM
Fyn

"You know there's a lot going on the pill scene perks, oxy, all that garbage has been going around a bit I think I know someone who might have a pretty good idea whose been pushing what lately."

Zman
2015-03-23, 07:34 PM
Fyn
Contacts(Mediocre) +3 +Wild Pronce of Madison= Supurb Contacts.

Pills: Fyn knows "Lil Mickey" aka Micheal Morris, weasely bastard, was probably there selling Molly or somene like it. He's always there, and no way he'd miss a party like that. He's definitely connected and one of "the guys" when it comes to pills at UWM. He might not have been the only one there selling, or the guy may have brought previously acquired stock, but he's connected to all of them in some way. Also, dealers are known to close ranks, they don't easily give up one another or their paying customers without heavy leaning and a deal with the police to save their ass.

In fact, Fyn has Mike's number in his phone.

Zman
2015-03-23, 07:38 PM
Zane

Listening closely Zane asks the question, "What kind of monster could we be dealing with? What's the MO?". Feeling a bit smug that his Netflix binge of crime dramas lately has paid off.

A'den
2015-03-23, 07:39 PM
Fyn

"Hmm yeah ****in Lil Mickey, that prick has been hooking anyone whose been looking lately with Molly. He's kinda of an ******* but you know I think I can get him to come over here then we put a little pressure on him to squeal... Unless anyone else has some ideas?

Fyn pulled out his phone and brought up the contact but waited to call until the group assented.

"He's in tight with all the pill pushers, they don't like to talk but I think I can persuade him, looking for a steady line of party favors for my next event. His real name is Michael Morris."

Hyooz
2015-03-24, 09:56 AM
Daniel

Trying to ignore the extended drug-dealer information - the less he knew about that the better, probably - but seemed to puzzle over the monster issue instead. "If it was some kind of supernatural monster, it seems odd to use regular drugs..." He spun a pen around his fingers absent-mindedly as he slumped back in the chair to stare at the ceiling and think. "It would have to look human enough to buy the drugs in the first place... and what does it get out of driving a girl to OD?"

Rolling Average (+1) Lore - [roll0]

Zman
2015-03-24, 12:07 PM
Average Lore

Dan can't think of anything real world supernatural that would explain it, but there was a "Feyr" in 2nd Ed Arcanos that fed off of human emotions, a kind of psychic vampire.

Zman
2015-03-24, 12:21 PM
Zane

Responding to Fyn's comment about Lil Mickey, "You sure? I mean a week after a girl ODs around here you are looking to change colors and get involved with supplying. Suspicious man. You know my feeling on that **** and I'm sure he does to." Zane finishes shaking his head.

Athedia
2015-03-24, 12:24 PM
Rana

"She didn't do that sort of thing. Who else was at the party?" She looked down at the floor slightly awkward. "Look, I don't get drugs. Never done them. But if Mickey knows something..."

Zman
2015-03-24, 12:34 PM
Both Fyn and Zane would know that at least 100+ people passed through that party that night including a lot of the local partiers and of course dozens of people that either don't know.

A onetime or tentime hookup of Fyns, Kara K was definitely there, not on the best of terms after she always seems to capture and post to social media some of Fyn's more notable and embarrassing antics. Girl always has her phone handy.

A'den
2015-03-24, 12:56 PM
Fyn

Fyn threw up his hands, "Yeah I know he knows I think he's a scummy piece of scat but... what can we go on? Rana no one is saying Samatha took any drugs on purpose unfortunately there's a lot of guys who will take advantage of something as innoncent as an unattended cup and next thing you know your tripping balls."

Fyn stared at Zane and perked an eyebrow, "You know you could just do the hulk smash trick in front of Mikey again and he'd blab anything..."

The more Zane shook his head and didn't meet Fyn's eyes the more he was getting the feeling the big man was thinking of a plan Fyn wouldn't like. "Ah damn't you want to call Kara K, maybe she posted photos of the night. Let's check that first before we do anything hasty."

Browses the facebook photos for anything related to Samatha or sketchier than usual party antics.

Zman
2015-03-24, 01:13 PM
Zane

Looking at Fyn, serious steel in his eyes, "If I were ever to hulk out in the presence of that scumbag, I'd rid the world of him. I don't think going around and showing off would ever lead to any good."

Zane acquiesces to Fyn's request and pulls out his phone, an Iphone 5s with a Superman case. He motions to Rana, "I don't know what she looks like, mind helping me out?"

[roll0]

Athedia
2015-03-24, 02:30 PM
Rana

"Sure." She looked at the screen as he flipped through. She kept attention, looking for Samatha's blonde hair and pierced nose (gotten their first week of college). "I can't see her, these pictures... to be honest these are ****."

A'den
2015-03-24, 02:39 PM
Fyn

"Well Kara was always more of a snoop than actual photographer, maybe I should just drop in on Mikey anyways might get something useful while you guys work the whole Facebook and ghost thing on this end?"

Fyn said as he pulled out his car keys and stood up.

Hyooz
2015-03-24, 02:44 PM
Daniel

"Alright, phones are out in force - I'm gonna slip into another room for a bit. Just in case." He grabbed his bag and scooped the still-open Arcanos book into it. "I'm going to read up on what our monster might be. See if I can find anything that might fit the murder - and try not to fry anything today."

Athedia
2015-03-24, 02:45 PM
Rana

Rana looked up at Fyn as he made to leave. She only knew Daniel in passing and had no clue about this Zane guy. "Mind if I tag along? If he knows anything..." She paused, rubbing her heel against the floor, nervously waiting for Fyn to respond.

Zman
2015-03-24, 02:59 PM
Zane

As Fyn gets up and snags his keys, "I'll head out with Daniel and help with a bit of research, though if you want someone to back you up with Lil Mickey, I'll be happy to your way?" Zane stands up and grabs his own set of keys to his little black Civic Coupe.

Splitting the group? Daniel and Zane head to Avol's Books, and Fyn and Rana head to find Lil Mickey?

A'den
2015-03-24, 03:28 PM
Fyn

Fyn paused he had meant to take Zane's hulking muscles with him but if the big man wouldn't go all Hercules then a more subtle approach might work. Fyn nodded toward Rana, "Yeah come on, Mikey can't keep his eyes in his head around a pretty girl. I think I can handle it I'll shoot you a text if we need an 'its clobberin time!' moment."

He headed out toward the truck got it started and stood outside the drivers door to dial up Mikey.

Sounds good.

Athedia
2015-03-24, 03:38 PM
Rana

Rana followed Fyn to the car. As they stood there, she quietly traced circles into the dust on the door. "If you're worried about needing muscle... I know how to fight. I only look harmless."

A'den
2015-03-24, 03:43 PM
Fyn

Fyn looked up as he dialed Mikey waiting for the other end to pick up, "Hey never said you couldn't but we're trying to get information not end him. But that's good to know, just keep an out when we get there and look innocent. It'll help give you the drop on a thug if you need to break his nose. Also the more Mikey is thinking about you the less he'll be wondering why I'm asking him questions."

Zman
2015-03-24, 04:03 PM
Zane

Zane give Fyn a bro nod telling him to be careful "Don't get shot." and he grins a bit when Rana says she can take care of herself.

She looks like a damsel waiting to be in distress...

Zman
2015-03-24, 04:06 PM
Lil Mickey

The phone rings and gets shunted to voicemail. A second later a Fyn gets a snapchat that says, "Yo"

Gogo dispostable and untraceable medium.

Athedia
2015-03-24, 04:09 PM
Rana

"Be cute? That's your advice?" Rana slid into the car and buckled in. "If he makes a short joke, I can't promise anything."

A'den
2015-03-24, 04:23 PM
Fyn

"We call him Lil Mikey for a reason, I think you'll be okay, alright give me a cute smile."

Fyn frowns at the snapchat he gets and quickly takes a snap of Rana sitting in his truck. He taps in a quick message, Yo, friend wants to party b4 gtn down, help?

Rapport: Get Mikey to open up with Fyn: [roll0]

Zman
2015-03-24, 05:29 PM
Lil Mickey

Fyn gets a quick response, "whtev dude bring green you know the place

He's referring to his place, 916 Warner street, its in the "ghetto" and not the nicest of neighborhoods, you expect he won't be alone. It's located next to Allied Drive in the South/West side of Madison, not terribly far from campus.

Hyooz
2015-03-24, 05:37 PM
Daniel

Joining Zane at the Coup, Dan is still flipping through a couple of pages of the Arcanos book as he slides in. "I've got an idea... but it's a longshot at this point. Check this out..." He holds up the Arcanos book, open to the Feyr entry. "Remember these things? They're from an older edition, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of something like this in other folklore too. They're like vampires - but instead of blood, they feed on like... mental energy? Emotions, memories, stuff like that I guess. The entry isn't super detailed, but it's not a unique concept to Arcanos."

Settling further into the car, and buckling for safety - Zane's driving is... exhilarating, if nothing else - he shrugs and closes the book. "It's not much, but I figure if emotion-eaters appear in enough culture's horror stories, there's a good chance they're real. Let's head to Avol's books - hopefully we can find more"

Zman
2015-03-24, 05:45 PM
Zane

After splitting off from Fyn and Rana, listens and pays close attention to Daniel's theory, "Emotional Vampires? Like emo/hipster vampires, haha! Its worth checking out."

After getting into the car Zane notices Daniel's habbit of triple checking his seatbelt. It's like I drive like I'm not afraid of the crash

Avol's Books

Its a short drive, maybe ten minutes, late afternoon traffic isn't terrible and they may have just as well walked. Avol's is situated right next to a much larger affiliated store and specializes in used books. Lots of the student get their txtbooks second hand from Avol's.

The storefront isn't much to look and the inside less so. The place is CRAMPED filled to the brim with ENDLESS BOOK SHELVES and the small occult section was located in one of the far NOOKS AND CRANNIES.

Ron, the manager, a short balding man with glasses and a small belly, his polo unbuttoned one too far for true professionalism was located in his usual position situated behind the front desk helping a customer.

A'den
2015-03-24, 05:47 PM
Fyn

Fyn sends a text to Zane telling him where Rana and he are heading too in case they get into trouble. He looks at the glovebox for a moment wishing he had decided to invest a little more in 'thug life' but sighs he wasn't much use with a gun anyways. His smile took on a slightly devilish cast at the corner it wasn't like he would ever be unarmed now anyways.

"The spot going is a little rough, if you've ever done any volunteer work you probably know Allied Drive."

He checks his wallet for the requisite green he had planned on getting some decent grub tonight but the few Jacksons and a Ben should cover a one time stop at Mikey's.

"He probably has some of his crew there so even if he provokes you don't take the bait I would rather not have to duke it out with a bunch of thugged out bros."

Fyn pulls away from the curb as he buckles up and makes a quick stop at the ATM to pick up a little extra 'flash cash' at least if things went badly he could probably buy their way out of whatever problems came up, even if he would have to ask G-san for an extension on his allowance.

If nothing else comes up Fyn drives to the spot.

Athedia
2015-03-24, 06:03 PM
Rana

Rana just nodded. She let her hands drum on her knees as she waited for Fyn to get all the money. "These guys... we won't be caught right? I've got a scholarship and..."

A'den
2015-03-24, 06:09 PM
Fyn

Fyn paused, putting the truck in park at the parking lot of the ATM, "Same here, yeah there's always a chance you can get caught. If your nervous you can wait here, or I can set up a big bash for Friday and see if he shows up then. There's no need to take any unnecessary risks."

His eyes caught hers and he perked an eyebrow in question.

Hyooz
2015-03-24, 07:17 PM
Daniel

The stupid bell rang as it always did as they pushed into the store, and Dan raised a hand in silent greeting to Ron. Jon? Ron. He could never quite remember. Something that ended in -on. He paused briefly at the stand of new books - Brooks had a new book out? Since when? Catching himself, he pulled his hand back from the rack and made a bee-line for the occult section, and started scouring the titles. "Grab anything you think might be relevant. I've only got so much cash on me, but if we can narrow it down to two or three books, that should be enough."

Rolling Good(+3) Scholarship and dropping the Fate point gained from the ghostly information compel to invoke WELL TRAINED NERD for +2 - [roll0]

Athedia
2015-03-24, 07:30 PM
Rana

Rana looked down at her hands and tightened her lips. Taking a deep breath she made a decision. "Let's do this."

Zman
2015-03-24, 07:52 PM
916 Warner Street

The armed pickup slowed to a halt I front of their de station. The house was RUNDOWN, not old, just used and abused. It looked SKETCH, and at one point in time may not have been a bad little two story house.

One of the shades rustles as someone notes your arrival. No one was on the streets, and a worn looking caddie was the only other car in at hand, it's rims must have been worth more than the car itself. Anyone else owned it and they'd have been gone. Lil Mickey's car.

Fair Awareness to notice the shades in the window in the room directly right of the door.

A'den
2015-03-24, 07:53 PM
Fyn

Fyn watched Rana a moment longer the nodded, "Alright game face on, your looking for a molly score so its 'extra good' when you get between the sheets later so a little less cute and shy and don't be afraid to tell any punks off if they get too close these guys aren't exactly savages but a good alpha personality is a good thing around these guys."

He put the truck back on the road and drove into the ghetto along Allied Drive at least his truck was a few years older than the latest model and it had enough 'character' it shouldn't be the target of an immediate B&E. He parked the truck in front of Mikey's place like an ******* so he had plenty of room to peel out in a hurry if it came to that.

"Alright follow my lead, if **** goes south get in the truck as fast as possible and get the **** out of town. So the que for its going down is if I start the truck remotely."

Fyn got out of the truck and walked around the front of the truck approaching the roach house with a weary eye scanning obliquely before heading up to the porch and rapping on the front door putting his game face on.

"Yo!"

Relying on my Good passive score to overcome any social interactions unless specified.

A'den
2015-03-24, 07:54 PM
Alertness: [roll0]

Zman
2015-03-24, 07:56 PM
Avol's Books

The occult section was small, small enough a real novice would have missed the seperation between occult and Role Playing. Zane and Daniel set to work, spreading books out I front of them, looking for any resource that'd shed light on their current predicament.

After nearly a half hour and two rounds of Jon's passive interest and stabdard offering of "can I help you find something" and of searching Dan is almost positively sure what he is looking for isn't in these books. Actually, he's pretty sure they are just about worthless as a whole except some texts about Stokers undead vampires. But, he does notice that a good number of them, especially those that are less worthless have the same unledgible name crossed out in the front covers.

The portly man makes another round, "Are you sure I can't help you?"

Fantastic Research yield positively no useful information except Stokers cookbook for killing Black Court Vampires.

Zane

Zane follows Dan's lead and starts popping open books, lending quick glances to their content. "I'm not finding a Damned thing except a headache."

Average(+1) Scholarship +[roll0] =

Athedia
2015-03-24, 08:18 PM
Rana

"I had no clue what any of that means." Rana muttered as she followed Fyn out of the car. As for running, she smirked a little. When it did come down to running she was good at that. Slouching her shoulders a little more she stood behind Fyn as he knocked on the door.

Zman
2015-03-24, 08:51 PM
916 Warner Street

A man hollers back, "It's Unlocked"

As Fyn enters first he into a scuzzy house, it opens immediately into a dank living room with two worn chairs, a couch with end table covered in paraphernalia with a doorway to the right. The only other major fixture in the room was a large LCD tv. Lil Mickey is sitting directly in front of them in the middle of the couch like a king on his throne, this was LIL MICKEY'S HOME TURF, his place of power.

As you two enter, Lil Micky makes an obvious glance to a small 9mm Glock sitting on the coffee table, a quiet warning. "Fyn. Can't say I was expecting you... Especially so soon after a girl ODs at your party...". His body looks calm, but his eyes look wary, and you trust he is deadly serious...

Fair(+2) Intimidate +[roll0] +2 Invoke LIL MICKEY'S HOME TURF = a Great Intimidate for maneuver to place THREAT OF VIOLENCE on Fyn.

I'm treating this as a Social Conflict, Lil Mickey vs Fyn. Rana is free to RP, but she doesn't necessarily act separately, otherwise each goon would be acting as well in the social situation. Think of it as each side working as one alternating actions.

Lil Mickey
Social: OOO

Also, awareness Average to notice that there is a guy in the Kitchen to the right.

A'den
2015-03-24, 09:40 PM
Fyn

Social: OXOO
TOUCHY SUBJECT
Social Defense: Rapport: Skill Average [roll0]:

Tagging WILD PRINCE OF MADISON to negate MIKEY'S HOME TURF tag, Fyn is used to owning any room he comes into. Spending last Fate Point.

Alertness: [roll1]

Fyn looks around the room, he keeps a plain expression though a slight wiggle runs through his feet like he just stepped in dog ****.

"Well there's that and there's this, Mikey, she just wants a little fun."

Fyn stands in the middle of the room framed by the TV his hands casually at his side looking down at Mikey while keeping an eye on the kitchen door through the reflection in the window behind Mikey.

"Are you saying it was one of your guys pushing something of yours that killed this girl?"

Rapport Average: Chit Chat: Maneuver: Put Mikey: ON THE DEFENSIVE: [roll2]

Zman
2015-03-24, 09:57 PM
Lil Mickey

Lil Mickey seems a bit I'll at ease when his veiled threat doesn't seem to bother Fyn. When he mentions the girl wanting a good time he focuses his stare at her...

Lil Mickey's Average +1 [roll0] Empathy Vs Rana's deceit. Sees through it with Overflow from the Maneuver.

We'll wait for Rana to try and sell her little Lie. Then Lil Mickey will follow up.

Also, Lil Micky only put a Maneuver on Fyn.

Also, Fyn gets to see his rol before he decides to invoke an aspect or not. So, with a successful no stress maneuver there was no point in invoking Wild Prince of Madison.

Athedia
2015-03-24, 10:12 PM
Rana

Rana noticed the deep stare Mickey was giving her. Calmly she cracked a half smile. "Fyn here wants me to loosen up a little. Need a little something to.. enhance the experience."

Deceit (Mediocre): [roll0]

Zman
2015-03-24, 10:32 PM
Lil Mickey

Lil Mickey saw right through Fyn's words and even faster through Rana's acting. With a confident and calm smile, "How about you stop lying and tell me why you are really here? You ain't screwing Fyn and you ain't ever popped a pill in your sweet innocent little life."

In response to Fyn's accusation Lil Mickey coughs and follows it with a colder edge to his voice, "I don't appreciate your accusation. I didn't sell to the girl, and none of my boys did either.". Lil Mickey's cough was a signal and another thug enters the room from the kitchen, his hands hidden. Now Lil Mickey and two of his thugs had Fyn and Rana outnumbered and surrounded on three sides.

Defending Average(+1) Rapport +[roll0]= Mediocre(+0) vs Average(+1) Rapport
Lil Mickey is ON THE DEFENSIVE for 1 Exhange.

*With 1 Shift of success and the nature of the maneuver as fleeting Fyn has one exchange to take advantage of the Aspect before it's gone.

Fair(+2) Intimidate +[roll1] = Average(+0) to use Intimidate to maneuver and OUTNUMBER Fyn.

Social: OOO
ON THE DEFENSIVE(1)

A'den
2015-03-24, 11:04 PM
Fyn
Rapport: [roll4d3-7[/roll]
Tagging ON THE DEFENSIVE to reduce MIKEY's attack by -2.

"Wow Mikey you actually can see what's in front of your face, now cut the god damn mob boss act. Okay you tell me it wasn't your guys fine, whose was it? If you aren't selling drugs, sell information. I'm here to buy. Tell me whose pushing bad pills any new faces in the ring?"

Fyn put his hands at his side. He looked around the room at the three men sizing up each of them.

"You sure you want it like that Mikey. You think I'd come here if all I had was a pretty face and a story. They'll need a binding ****ing resolution to keep me from ****ing destroying you if you want to play it like this."

Modified by Presence: [roll0].

A'den
2015-03-24, 11:06 PM
Goofed the roll Code
[roll0] Plus the Tag for a -2 to the overall initial attack.

Zman
2015-03-24, 11:14 PM
Lil Mickey

Lil Mickey eyes the gun and instead looks to Fyn, "Don't think I'm afraid of a pompous party throwing pretty boy, I don't feel like having to explain gun shots.". After a few seconds he calmy adds, "But, I'm a Business man and Ill gladly sell you some info, same price even. Can't tell you everyone we sold to, and I wouldn't even if we remembered em all. Bad for business and even I have bosses that are actually scary."

He grabs a small baggy of pills and throw them on the table, then sets another little baggy next to them. "See a difference? Nope, neither do I. One is pure Molly, the other laced with some synthetics. Hits harder and faster and nastier and impossible to tell the difference. Nationwide supplies are being tainted, stock is almost impossible to keep pure. Even for us."

He looks up at each of them, "Chances are your girl just took too much of the product laced with synthetics and ODed. Sad ducking story and it's happening around the nation, it hurts but she ain't special. Simple as that, the seller ain't the one to blame, greedy ****s who are cutting and tainting product are."

Lil Mickey stands up, "I'm going to strongly suggest you take your little toy, and get outta here before things escalate. My boys have watched me out up with slot from you here today,many if your party didn't buy them a PS4 and that LED this month, you'd be leaking all over this ****ty carpet. Understand?"

Average a Rapport modified by Presense +[roll0] +2 Tagging THREAT OF VIOLENCE= GOOD. Vs Great 1 Stress Hit

Effectively a concession, Lil Mickey is more than willing to sell information though, it'll . Those threats could well have turned to violence.

Social: XOO

A'den
2015-03-24, 11:49 PM
Fyn

Fyn stands there and looks at the two bags of pills and listens to Mikey's explanation. He also eyes the gun and is thankful Mikey didn't go for it, he was fairly confident he could of stuck Mikey to the sofa before he even picked it up but the thought still turned his stomach. He knew he overplayed his hand a bit but he usually did dumb things in front of girls.

He pulled out three times what the two bags were worth and dropped it on the table then he took both little bags, he had a few chemistry friends but if Mikey couldn't figure it out, well one of the reasons Fyn had put up with him was he usually did move good product. So this might be something Dan could look at it he could pull his nose out of those damn books.

"Tell your boys there'll be another bash once I figure this **** out. A big bash. Thanks."

Fyn grabbed Rana's hand and made for the door he politely allowed the thug to stand aside that was blocking the front door.

Zman
2015-03-24, 11:58 PM
Lil Mickey

As Fyn was walking out the door, "By the way, I don't know which of those is which. Be careful with them, don't want you to pick up a possession or distribution charge and point them my way.". No one stopped Fy or Rana as they existed the building.

FYI the Synthetic drug problem is real and a pressing nationwide concert, it's possible that Fyn or Rana would have heard sad stories about others. No chemistry friend would give you any answers.

A'den
2015-03-25, 12:17 AM
Social: OOOO

Fyn

"Right," Fyn tucked the pill bags away in his left pocket although he dearly wanted to put them in a biohazard bag and a sealed container. He nodded and made it the truck before his poker face slipped. Behind the tinted windows of his rig he gripped the steering and rested his forehead against it for a moment simply breathing.

"Well that went well."

Hyooz
2015-03-25, 10:45 AM
Daniel

Pretty sure smoke was coming out of his ears at this point, Dan shrugged. "I don't think so, I think we're just looking for something that's not here. Though... I am curious..." He held up one of the books with the scratched out names - "What's this about? A bunch of these books have the same thing."

Zman
2015-03-25, 10:54 AM
Ron-Avol's Books

Ron, doesn't even need to look at what Dan is pointing out, "Ahh, J.T. He's a professor over at UW-M in archeaology, has a kind of obsession with the occult, and studies it likes it is real." Ron's glance is almost knowing, as if he was on the edge of accepting the truth of his own statement. "Hell, half the books in this section are his castoffs that he insists are 'worthless garbage'." The portly man even adds air quotes to his statement.

Athedia
2015-03-25, 03:12 PM
Rana

"I don't want to see badly in your book." She leaned back on the seat and propped her feet on the dash. "Those guys are too stupid to be involved. Who was this Kara you talked about?"

A'den
2015-03-25, 03:24 PM
Fyn

Fyn pulled away from the curb and started driving, "Ugh, she's one of those gossip hounds that seems to specialize in socially assassinating you. She's the one that took a bunch of those pictures from the party but she's not really the type to actually hurt someone. And she may or may not hate my guts. Although she is kind of a drama hound we could try hanging around campus together and see if she shows up she's kinda like my own paparazzi."

Hyooz
2015-03-25, 05:25 PM
Daniel

Now THAT was a lead. If they could make nice with someone who had some real knowledge, that could help beyond just this murder. "Sounds like a character. I might have to hunt him down - we're looking for Arcanos inspiration, and the true believers are goldmines of ideas." Setting aside one of the Stoker volumes - it had a great black leather binding that was hard to resist, Dan grinned apologetically at Jon. "Any chance you'd ring me up for this one and one of the new Brooks novel? We'll tidy up here in the meantime."

Zman
2015-03-25, 06:15 PM
Zane

Giving Dan an agreeing nod when J.T. was mentioned. "Go ahead and checkout, I'll get these put away. Then we'll get out of here."

As Dan walks away, Zane pulls out his cellphone relieved to see it still in working order, and as Dan walks further away it miraculously has reception again. Shooting Fyn a txt, Alive? Potential lead at UW.

Zman
2015-03-26, 02:49 PM
Dept. of Anthropology- W. H. Sewell Social Science Building

Upon receiving the txt from Zane Fyn drove towards UW-M instead of back to his place, planning on him and Rana meeting Zane and Dan on campus. It was a saturday and early in the afternoon, and just maybe the guy they were looking for would be around his office.

The sun still shone bright and high in the sky, warm.

Fifteen minutes later the four young people prepared to peer down the rabbit hole together, just entering the supernatural world. They made an interesting group, the suave lean steel edged Fyn accompanied by a bright eyed Freshman woman with shoulder length dark hair that exuded innocence met up with an equally unusual pair, a talk strong serious and dark complected man accompanied by a boyish and slightly awkward young man laden with a heavy backback.

The group met up just outside the SSS Building...

Zane

As the four of them met, Zane looked at them and spoke to no one and everyone at once, "Don't we make for a comical little group." After a second pause,"Find out anything useful?"

There, pulled everyone back together for a bit of RP and catchup then we can introduce Jon Teal. His office is located on the fifth floor.

A'den
2015-03-26, 06:27 PM
Fyn

"Well I'm more or less certain it wasn't Mikey or his crew though he seemed to think it might have something to do with this new Synthetic drug they've been cutting street drugs. He sold me some said his guys can't figure out whats what with it so I've got a bag of molly and another bag of super death molly apparently. Figured maybe dragon geek there can take a look since you studied science or something." Fyn said casually as he patted his pocket and tried to look nonchalant about the whole exchanged that went down at Mikey's.

Athedia
2015-03-26, 11:14 PM
Rana

"We also learned I can't lie for ****. Well Fyn learned." Rana slouched and kicked at the ground. "So basically, this guy is our last chance?"

Hyooz
2015-03-27, 01:13 PM
Daniel

"I don't know about 'last,' but he seems like the best lead we've had. His name was all over books at Avol's - and Jon said he's a bit infamous for his occult ramblings." He realized he was still holding the two books he had purchased and hustled to cram them into his backpack. "Jon called him J.T., so hopefully that's enough to go off of."

Zman
2015-03-27, 01:31 PM
Zane

Respond to Fyn first, "Seems kind of a deadend and mundane explanation.... and you are just walking around with a couple of baggies of pills?" arching an eyebrow at Fyn.

Smiling as Rana talks about difficulties lying, "I'm sure there is a story, I take it Fyn's smile and act cute didn't cut it?"

As Dan talks about the limited info they have, "Yeah, an archaeology professor named J.T. How hard can it be to find."

Ron called him a professor, he's just a grad student that teaches some classes, but he'd have his own small office.

Dept. of Anthropology- W. H. Sewell Social Science Building

The group heads up and after briefly consulting a guide, and head up towards the fifth floor. The floor is pretty quiet, being a Saturday and well archaeology. The corridor is bland, small offices and the occasional classroom line the walls. After a bit of searching, following a basic rectagle they come up to a closed office door with Jon Teal printed on a cheap homemade sign outside the door....

Rabbit, you can describe the office as you like and start at someone knocking, or someone can post an RP post first saying they knock etc.

Athedia
2015-03-27, 01:47 PM
Rana

Rana stopped outside the office door and examined it. "Well he can't be a good professor. They stuck him in this dead end area, probably want to forget about him if possible."

Zman
2015-03-27, 01:57 PM
Fair Awareness check for Jon to have heard the comment about not being a very good professor, lol.

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-27, 02:38 PM
J.T.

Sitting at his cluttered desk, grading papers on a nice peaceful Saturday afternoon. John thought he heard someone outside his office door...

[roll0]

who am i kidding, who visits archaeology on a weekend.

Getting his focus back to grading the papers. Still surprised how easy it is to tell who is taking the level 100 course by choice and who is not.

Athedia
2015-03-27, 02:46 PM
Rana

Rana cracked her knuckles and then just opened the door, not even bothering to knock. "Yo. We heard you are some kinda occult guy. We need to pick your brain." She then noticed the guy behind the desk, grading papers. "Hell. Fyn there is no way this guy is old enough to be a professor."

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-27, 03:35 PM
J.T.

Letting out a bit of a sigh. 'Please, come in and mind the books"
The group comes into the rather small office with more books then square footage.

John knows that he has to many books stored here, and that if anyone was coming into his office and hoping to have a nice sit down chat, they were going to be in for a surprise. He spends a lot of time here and does not want to have to run home if he suddenly needs something.

Looking up from his paper work, John did not recognize any of them from his classes. Although John could guess that one or two of them were upper class men.

Not taking them to seriously John looks to the Fyn who he assumes is the reason the group is here.

"I thought pledge season was long done, or do you enjoy wasting everyone's time?

Hyooz
2015-03-27, 03:45 PM
Daniel

"Uh, actually, we found out about you from Jon down at Avol's. I was looking for a book with some information and, well, your name was on a lot of the books he had." He started to scratch the back of his head sheepishly, before noticing some of the books on the shelves and his attention was quickly there, while he tried to keep going. 'Whoa, I've never even... I mean, Jon said you thought all the books he had were worthless, so we were kind of hoping you might have some information that wasn't as worthless."

Zman
2015-03-27, 04:02 PM
Zane

Interjecting, "We need information on the supernatural world, the one that we know exists and is denied by almost everyone."

And his name was Ron, we are talking to Jon.

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-27, 04:30 PM
J.T.

Chewing on his pen, and taking a moment to figure out if they are the real deal. John leans back in his chair and pulls out a set of keys from his desk.

"Lets talk some where with a bit more room." Gesturing the group to back out of the office,and locks the door. He heads down to the nearest class room and pokes his head in.

"In here, at least everyone will be able to sit down"

As everyone get situated, John looks over the group.

"So, Who are guys and what do know so far?"

A'den
2015-03-27, 06:09 PM
Fyn

Fyn leaned over and smiled at Rana, "Grad students, sorta like indentured servants of academia."

He leaned back in his desk and grinned at the professor, and pulled out the two bags of pills and popped them on the desk.

"Samatha, the girl who died a few nights ago, the official story is she OD'd, but Rana has been seeing her ghost. I didn't believe it much either until I caught a glimpse of her in the reflection of some water at the site of death. A guy I know says somebody has been pumping the market full of bad pills. One of them on the desk is the bag of what likely killed Samatha, the other is normal molly. He's says he can't tell the difference, I'm reasonably confident in his word on this subject was wondering if one of your professor friends might be able to help. Though Dan there was saying some about a Fire Vampire earlier."

Fyn is copying what Dan said about the Feryr but butchering the term.

Hyooz
2015-03-27, 07:09 PM
Daniel

"Well, Feyr, but yeah, Samatha apparently keeps talking about a monster and, well, the Feyr was really the only thing that fit. It's admittedly a long-shot, but would you know anything about like... psychic vampires? Blood drinkers don't make much sense, but it was human enough to buy drugs, so unless faeries are real too... we don't have a lot of other angles to go with."

A'den
2015-03-27, 07:23 PM
Fyn

Fyn coughed loudly at the mention of faeries, "Sshh yeah let's not get carried away here, whatever synthetic is being cut with these drugs is probably the culprit we just need somebody who has access to some serious scientific creds."

Athedia
2015-03-27, 07:32 PM
Rana

"It was NOT just drugs. She said there was a monster, she uses the word monster." What insane world had she joined that she was casually talking about seeing and listening to her dead roommate?

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-27, 08:49 PM
J.T.

Picking up and turning one of the bag of pills over in his hand. "I might be able to see who I can talk to that can take a look at these."

Tossing the bag back onto the table. "Well, psychic vampire is a thing. They are called White Court Vampires. One of the things that makes them different is that instead of drinking blood, they feed off people emotions. If that is what is running we will have our hands full.

Looking over to Rana and resting a hand on his chin. Wow, ghosts. I dont have much information on ghosts. Ill be right back let me grab a book or two from my office.

Lore (Fair) 2+4d3-8

Zman
2015-03-27, 09:10 PM
Zane

Listening closely to the man, only a few years older than himself, "We?"

A Good Lore for Ghost will give you most of the information under the Ghost Profile in the Our World section.

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-27, 10:16 PM
J.T.

Rushing back to the classroom and dropping a few books on a table.

Yes we. I have spent years learning everything I can about what goes bump in the night and sure as hell am not passing up on a chance to not only see a ghost, but also track a vampire!"

A'den
2015-03-27, 10:27 PM
Fyn

The young athlete rolled his eyes skeptically before pocketing the pills lest someone walk in at the wrong time and ask the wrong questions.

"Well either way looks like we won't find much else out until we camp out Samatha's death site tonight. Meet up at my place at dark?"

He eyes the professor up and down with air of defiance then looks at Zane perking an eyebrow, I mean come on maybe we're genetic freaks... but vampires?! Seriously.

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-28, 12:55 PM
J.T.

picking up and flipping through one of the books.

"We wont have to sit outside all night, from what I can tell ghosts are strongest right after sundown and right before sunrise. Then around that time the girl, sorry I did not catch your name, just needs to speak the ghosts name out loud"

Hyooz
2015-03-28, 12:59 PM
Daniel

"Well, one sec - is there anything we should know about these White Court vampires? Like, I dunno, stakes? Running water? Do we have to take out the queen to finish them off for real?" He shrugged a bit, still awkwardly pretending to read the books on the shelves. "I'm pretty sure I can blast whatever it is into next week, but all these beasties have a ton of tricks in the stories. What are theirs? And... should I use fire or lightning?"

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-28, 01:52 PM
J.T.

glancing at each person in the group. "I assumed that the girl has some sort of magic ability since she is seeing ghosts, but do the rest of you have magic capabilities?"

looking back to the Dan, "If it is a White Court, then we only have a few choices, True Faith and holy objects should burn the vampire. While the best way to cause trauma is from True expressions of pure, selfless emotions, like true love."

A'den
2015-03-28, 09:34 PM
Fyn

"How about smashing this asshat in the face with a bat?" Fyn posed to the group.

Zman
2015-03-28, 09:35 PM
Zane

Listening to the conversation in turn, "True love you say? Well Fyn is ****ed. Is it required to kill them, or can we just... Chop off their head or stab them?" Zane gives a big smirk to his friend.

Looking at J.T., "Yes... We each are how do you say special"

A'den
2015-03-28, 09:54 PM
Fyn

Fyn rolled his eyes at Zane, "Well your out too bro, you have to make the first move before you even get to love."

He rose from his desk thinking he might do something cool he stepped away from Rana into the isle and dropped into a Kendo stance and performed the motion as if to draw a sword.

"BATO!" <Sword Drawn>

A longsword materializes into his hands even as he completes the motion like a million motes of blue sparks jumping out of thin air and materializing into the object in his hands. The blade is a mirror replica of the sword G-san kept in his room looking just like a katana.

He smirks at everyone in the room.

Zman
2015-03-28, 10:11 PM
Zane

Before Zane has a chance to respond to Fyn, he jumps up into an overly dramatic martial arts stance. Zane takes his right fist, opening his pointer finger and thumb, bluish white electricity arcing for a second before it makes a motion resembling flinging something off his finger and right at Fyn's ass looking to deliver what would amount to a very mild stun gun hit.... But Lightning has a mind of its own, the tiny jolt arcing and diverting itself into an outlet's ground a foot or so off it's mark with a loud cracking popping sound as the lights flickered for a second...

Damn... That would have been priceless...

Zane plays the miss off as intentional, "Unfortunately some of us don't get elemental variety... I think it's your turn for a dramatic display of power... To bad we dint have theme music..." as he shoots a look at Daniel.

Disipline Average(+1) +[roll0]

Non damaging use of power of course

A'den
2015-03-28, 10:21 PM
Fyn

Fyn is momentarily shocked to hear the sound of arcing electricity and reflexively parries with sword with no need as Zane's stun gun ground out into the outlet. The sword whips through the air with a definitive whoosh of air and weight, definitely not an illusion.

"Super strength and lightening! Did your mom's vibrator have a power surge with a nuclear reactor?"

Weapons Good: [roll0] - Fyn whips the sword around in a parry for no reason.

Zman
2015-03-28, 10:30 PM
Zane

As Fyn brandishes his sword in an unecessary block, "Overreact much?" before adding in a more somber tone which turns fillipent in no time, "Wish I knew... I was adopted... All I know is my mom or dad must have had amazing genetics. I mean look at me? This doesn't happen by accident." he motions to himself vaguely reminiscent of Vana White.

Athedia
2015-03-29, 12:16 AM
Rana

Rana rolled her eyes at all the showing off. "Children, children. Anyway my 'gift' isn't so great. You try going all Sixth Sense. Except add in that they don't shut up and are creepy."

Zman
2015-03-29, 12:25 AM
Zane

Responding to Rana, "So your gift is just like online dating for women! Creepy and they don't shut up!" Zane laughs a genuine throaty basso laugh.

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-29, 03:33 PM
J.T.

Watching the two men show off.

"Fyn right? can you create anything? or is it restricted to objects without moving parts?["/COLOR]

Turning to Rana. [COLOR="#008080"]"I dont think so, without you we may never find who killed that poor girl. Man, think if you went into Crime investigation, being able to get the view point of the victim. Out of all of us you just might be able to make the biggest that could be noticed."

Looking to the last person in the room, Dan and getting just a little excited at just what he might be able to do. "What about you? ah man, are you a werewolf! that would be pretty awesome!"

Hyooz
2015-03-29, 04:16 PM
Daniel

He laughed at the suggestion he might be a werewolf. "Has it been that long since I shaved? Nope, far as I can tell, I'm just a run-of-the-mill wizard. Fireballs, lightning, move the very earth to my whim, that sort of thing." He wiggled his fingers in a mock casting motion toward J.T. before cupping one hand, as if holding water - focusing for a moment. "Lumos." A small blue flame burst to life in his palm and danced there. "Before you ask, yes, I did steal that incantation from Harry Potter."

Athedia
2015-03-29, 05:16 PM
Rana

"Well I can also punch people. That usually takes them by surprise." She sat on a nearby table, her feet swinging off the ground. "And I don't know. Law enforcement might be the path for me, Don't exactly know what I want to do with myself."

A'den
2015-03-29, 05:39 PM
Fyn

"Lighting, fireballs, and earthshaking, yeah I definitely never want you drunk in my house." Fyn says eying Dan unaccustomed to being upstaged by a reedy guy in need of a haircut.

Fyn shrugged and set the sword on the desk with a clang and tried picturing something like a watch but nothing happened. He smiles and grins,

"Guess I'm more of a one trick hat usually I just pull out whatever I think I need and poof there it is though never tried anything complicated might be why it didn't work."

He looks at Rana with an appraising eye, "My grand father is super old school, so I know a bit about Kendo and kenjistu been to Nationals in Japan a few times before college."

Athedia
2015-03-29, 05:45 PM
Fyn

"Lighting, fireballs, and earthshaking, yeah I definitely never want you drunk in my house." Fyn says eying Dan unaccustomed to being upstaged by a reedy guy in need of a haircut.

Fyn shrugged and set the sword on the desk with a clang and tried picturing something like a watch but nothing happened. He smiles and grins,

"Guess I'm more of a one trick hat usually I just pull out whatever I think I need and poof there it is though never tried anything complicated might be why it didn't work."

He looks at Rana with an appraising eye, "My grand father is super old school, so I know a bit about Kendo and kenjistu been to Nationals in Japan a few times before college."

Rana

"There is a huge difference between real fights and those you see during show battles. I will always have my fists on me. And no-one expects me to toss them."

A'den
2015-03-29, 06:56 PM
Fyn

Fyn grins cockily at Rana, "And I will always have this on me."

He flourishes the sword with a smirk and thinks for a moment about sheathing the blade and it suddenly dematerializes with this flying apart as a million motes of blue mist before the specs of ectoplasm evaporate in the nascent daylight. Fyn has a surprised 'O' on his face which he quickly covers his up by drywashing his hands like he had meant to do that all along.

"Besides the highest art of war is to defeat your enemy before the first fist is raised right? I'm pretty good at." This time he grins with his typical **** eating grin.

Zman
2015-03-29, 11:00 PM
Zane

Addressing the group, "So, we think we've got some kind of Osychic vampire on the loose... That looks human... And for some reason drove Samatha to OD?"

After a brief pause, "Find it. Kill it. How?"

A'den
2015-03-29, 11:11 PM
Fyn

"Totally, kill it dead." Fyn's voice hardens on his last statement as he throws up a fist bump to Zane.

"So where do we start, I don't think shipping manifestos for coffins are as accessible as in Bram Stoker's days."

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-30, 07:52 AM
J.T.

"I think the best place to start is going to be where Samantha died. Her ghost is strongest right after sundown or right before sunrise. Hopefully she can help us ID who attacked her."

Glancing at the clock in the room to get an idea of the time.

Zman
2015-03-30, 12:58 PM
JT sees that is is nearly 2pm in the afternoon when he glances at the clock.

Athedia
2015-03-30, 01:48 PM
Rana

"Samatha... there is no N. Good thing I am calling her, not you." She swung her feet some more and looked out the window. "I wish it was a week ago. Back then the only monsters were on TV or just nasty people."

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-03-30, 04:07 PM
J.T.

Reaching into his pocket and setting his cell on the table. "Before we all run off we should get each others contact info. We have a few hours before we have to be at the site, and I have a bit of paper work i do need to finish. I also have a few books in any of you would be interested in reading on vampires and ghosts, and if I have time I can make a few calls to see what we can find out about this drug but i would not get our hopes to high."

punching in his password for his phone and opening the contacts, he holds the phone out to Rana.

Hyooz
2015-03-30, 04:14 PM
Daniel

Daniel shrugged, it seemed they would end up having time to kill. "It's not so bad, really. In a lot of ways, for me, it was like being a kid again. Suddenly all the things I thought were imaginary were real. I mean, if vampires and werewolves are real, why not things like Santa or unicorns?" Ok, maybe dropping a hope that Santa was real in front of Zane wasn't the best plan... "And for me, the thought that a vampire did this is actually a small comfort. Monsters are like animals - they can't help themselves. They're instinct and hunger wrapped up in a fleshy package."

"I'd much rather believe some monster did this than another human, y'know?"

Zman
2015-03-30, 04:41 PM
Zane

As Dan mentions Santa, "Santa! Come on. If that fat jolly bastard is real, I'll challenge him to a duel and declare myself the king of Winter!"

Responding to the talk of monsters, "Monsters. Kill'em until they're dead."

A'den
2015-03-30, 05:48 PM
Fyn

Fyn checks the bag of pills, "Seriously did you guys take these while I wasn't looking?"

A chill runs down his spine that probably had nothing to do with what anyone was talking about at all at the moment, definitely just the room it was probably a little too cool with summer giving away to fall. He looks at Zane like he's never seen the man before and stands up, "Zane's got my info if anyone needs and he's my roommate so meet up at my place just before dark. Anyone who needs a ride I'll be in the awesome red truck in the lot."

Typical, he left the wetwork to Zane and made his exit quickly.

((Moves out the Zone))

Outside he flips the truck on remotely and the stereo cranks up with Alice in Chains' Rooster, away from the others he leans against the side the of truck and rests the back of his head against the cool metal. He couldn't figure why but all this talk about all this magical bull**** was starting to really stress him out and get under his skin. Superpowers were cool, he could handle that, he could handle bad people, the world was full of them, but all this monster talk was seriously starting to wig him out. Humans were supposed to be the apex predator, there wasn't supposed to be anything out there that Uncle Sam, a legal binding contract, or a nuclear missile couldn't fix.

"Dude I did not ask for this level of ****edness." Fyn mutters to himself and runs a hand through his hair.

Zman
2015-03-31, 09:58 PM
Abandoned Corner Lot

Six hours had passed and all five of them made there way to the corner lot. It was but a short walk from Fyn and Zanes's back door.

The corner lot was MOSTLY HIDDEN from view of Isadore Street by a ROW OF BRUSH and had a DEEP DITCH that bordered the lot and ran underneath the alley Cresent street. It looked as if the empty lot was lower than all the surrounding land and collected all the run off, probably the reason it was unbuilt.

This time, the lot looked more eerie than before. It was hidden in shadow... And there was a noticeable tension among the group.

Athedia
2015-04-01, 12:14 AM
Abandoned Corner Lot

Six hours had passed and all five of them made there way to the corner lot. It was but a short walk from Fyn and Zanes's back door.

This time, the lot looked more eerie than before. It was hidden in shadow... And there was a noticeable tension among the group.

Rana

This was her move now. She wasn't sure how this looked but she felt stupid. She walked to the spot Samatha had died and cracked her knuckles nervously. "Uh.. Samatha? Are you able to talk now? Are you here?"

Contacts (Mediocre): [roll0]

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-04-01, 10:13 AM
J.T.

Standing in the ditch out in the dark, a shiver crawls up Johns spine, he does wonder if the chills are from being where a girl recently died or all his work over the last few years leading to this exact moment where he could see a freaking ghost! Moving a few steps closer, rubbing his arms trying to get the goose bumps to go away.

A'den
2015-04-01, 01:50 PM
Fyn

Fyn stood around watching the others gathered at the site he carefully avoided looking in any mud puddles this time and decided he would check around the DEEP DITCH to see if there was anything useful lying around.

[roll0]

Zman
2015-04-01, 02:16 PM
As Rana call's Samantha's name there is an instinctual feeling, like a sonar ping, felt deep to the fiber of her soul like a touched piano wire that slowly dissipates, a quiet energy holding in the air...

Fyn's search turns up nothing in the waning light of the oncoming night.

Athedia
2015-04-01, 03:17 PM
As Rana call's Samantha's name there is an instinctual feeling, like a sonar ping, felt deep to the fiber of her soul like a touched piano wire that slowly dissipates, a quiet energy holding in the air...

Fyn's search turns up nothing in the waning light of the oncoming night.

Rana

Rana's breath caught in her throat. This felt new, but it also felt right. "I think I did it. I think I know how to call her." She took a deep breath now sure of herself. "Samatha. We are here to listen. Samatha, please talk!" She pushed for that sonar ping again, sending it out as far as she could.

Hyooz
2015-04-01, 05:38 PM
Daniel

Dan waited near Rana, crouched off to her side. He could definitely feel... something. He wasn't sure if it was from her or from Samatha, but there was an energy in the air that felt familiar. It was like the bass at a concert. He took a leather glove from a rolled up canvas pack he had on his back and slipped it on. Small comforts.

Zman
2015-04-01, 06:35 PM
Samatha
As the third iteration of Samatha's name rung offnRana's tongue she unconsciously added a small burst of her power to the words, it rung like a struck note vibrating on the air. For everyone else the hairs on the back of the necks stand up and for a moment the empty lot was filled with an eerie chilled silence...

As Rana looks up, between one blink of her eye lids, Samatha's ghost was standing exactly where she was before, but she had a touch more substantial look to her, as if Rana's call strengthened her with her summons..

A'den
2015-04-01, 06:46 PM
Fyn

Fyn dusted his hands off and climbed out of the Ditch and went back to where the others were standing. The hairs on his arms stood on end as he watched Rana start calling on the ghost' name. With a thought he materialized his sword and held it point toward the ground in one hand. He wasn't sure but having something in his hand at least made him feel secure.

Athedia
2015-04-01, 06:47 PM
Rana

"Hi, Samatha." Rana didn't really know what to say now. This was real. Samatha was standing there in front of her. And she was a ghost. She looked around at the others, wondering if they saw Samatha. "So. Uh. We want to know if you remember who killed you?"

She didn't notice the sword by Fynn's side.

Zman
2015-04-01, 06:58 PM
Zane

Zane stand almost skeptically as Rana begins calling out to Samatha, but on the third iteration he feels the power,merrier to HS limited senses thrum through the air...

When Rana begins talking to Samatha, Zane looks around, making eye contact with Dan, his gaze projecting his thoughts... Ummm.... You getting anything?

Hyooz
2015-04-01, 07:10 PM
Daniel

He had already been thinking it when Zane turned to catch his eye. He nodded once to Zane, and turned back to where Rana was looking, re-orienting himself to face as few of the others as possible. Taking a deep breath, he reached down inside, and opened his Sight. If Rana was just crazy, this would prove it, at least, but this always gave him the worst headaches...

Pre-emptive Lore and Discipline Rolls

Lore Average(+1) - [roll0]

Discipline Good(+3) - [roll1]

Zman
2015-04-01, 10:43 PM
Samatha's Ghost

As Rana begins talking to the ghost of her dead friend the ghost tries to respond, her head moving in slow chaotic bobs as if it can't focus on anything, Confusing.. confusing...so confused.... I cant... I can't.... No.... I don't want to... Who... Whoooo.... MONSTER! MONSTER! Ben?... No MONSTER!.... Take me... No... Take me... No...no...no...no... No is no....no...no...no". The ghost, the Phychic imprint of Samatha at the moment of her death is highly confused, almost as if she has heavily intoxicated.

Dan takes care,moo using only where the ghost is supposed to be when his third eye open, in a blinding painful rush of clarity. And before him is Samatha... Almost as if she was in the flesh. She is wearing her party clothes... Except there is a metal spiked collar around her neck attatched to a leather leash, and it's as if she is being drug around... Her expression locked on some unseen terror.... Her hands are moving as if she was fighting them, and they are filled isth endless amounts of pills that are being forced into her mouth by her own hands as she chokes and gags... endless handfuls ready again... and yet her hands seem to also be ripping at her clothes... revealing bursts of indecency to be replaced and and ripped off again. There are two spiked bracelets on each arm...

The eight hits Daniel's head like a sledgehammer and he wrestles with his sight.

Mental Attack: Good(+4) +[roll0] vs Good(+3) Dicipline Defense = Good vs Good

Lucky, you have the option of closing Dan's Sight,mite not involuntarily kept open.

Athedia
2015-04-01, 11:55 PM
Rana

Rana looked back at the others. "She is drunk or something. She keeps saying she is confused." Rana closed her eyes focusing. "She is repeating take me and no. Over and over. She can't, can't what?" Would piecing these fragments together ever get easier.... Snapping her head up she looked over at Fynn. "Ben. Who is Ben?"

She went closer to Samatha, speaking calmly. "It's okay. I am listening. What did this monster look like? Anything can help."

Empathy Fair (+2) [roll0]

A'den
2015-04-02, 12:09 AM
Fyn

Fyn is taken aback when Rana starts speaking to Samatha, nothing is there, he can't hear anything but watching the emotion on the girls face come to life showed clearly something was there.

When Rana's gaze snapped to him, Fyn almost jumped out of his skin thinking the ghost was near him.

"Uh Ben? Ben... Ben... Let me think."

Fyn dug his phone out his pocket and checked.

Running E on Fate Points... Let's hope for a good roll.

Contacts:[roll0]

"I know a lot of Bens... she a little more specific?"

Hyooz
2015-04-02, 05:06 PM
Daniel

Dan watched in horror for a few moments before managing to close his Sight with a surge of mental effort. He sat, hand over his eyes for a few moments, breathing hard. That was... more than he expected. And he had expected pretty bad. Gradually regaining his composure, he stood and retreated to Zane, massaging his temples. These are very special headaches. "Yeah... she's there. It's bad, man. It's bad."

Zman
2015-04-02, 05:34 PM
Zane

As Dan mutters quietly about her being really there with the color drained from his face, Zane whispers, "Well ****. What did you see?"

Samatha's Ghost

As Rana attempts to comfort Samatha's ghost, Rana can feel and see Samatha's shade pulling away, almost fading away as if Rana would have to pull the spirits attention back forcefully, "Monster.... Monster... Save me...."

As Fyn starts scrolling through his contact list, there are a few Bens in there, but none that he can remember being at the party, and none that ever gave him a weird vibe. Most are just random people that have attended parties or old teammates... nothing useful.

Hyooz
2015-04-02, 06:05 PM
Daniel

Dan shook his head, still trying to clear his mind. He knew he'd never forget what he saw, but it was always worth trying. "It was her, Samatha. Just, standing there enslaved to some... thing. Contantly, helplessly shoveling pills into her mouth and stripping. She didn't want to, but she couldn't help herself - any of it - but she was still aware enough to fight against it. It's not good man. This vamp needs to be put down. Hard."

Athedia
2015-04-02, 06:22 PM
I will post once I get back from the mall

A'den
2015-04-02, 07:08 PM
Fyn

Fyn frowned as he put his phone in his pocket and shook his head. He looked at Dan and Zane's expressions they were grim he hadn't seen Zane look like that since... well he had was not sure if he ever saw that look of lethal intent on someone's face before. Fyn gulped.

"Might be worth checking with Mikey again... he's not gonna like us dropping in again though."

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-04-03, 11:21 AM
J.T.

Watching Rana and Dan carefully, trying to keep his composer. Jeez, Sam must look terrible to take that much color out of a persons face.

pivoting to face Fyn, "Who's Mikey?"

A'den
2015-04-03, 12:15 PM
Fyn

Fyn shrugged as he looked over at the professor, "Drug dealer kinda knows all the other pill pushers in the area. I kinda threatened to utterly destroy him if he didn't tell me what I wanted to know."

Athedia
2015-04-03, 12:39 PM
Rana

Rana took a deep breath and forced herself to speak sternly. "Samatha, stay. Tell us what Ben looks like."

Zman
2015-04-03, 02:33 PM
Zane

When Dan describes what he sees, Zane just shakes his head.... Damn....

When Fyn mentions Mickey, "You sure that is the right call, didn't he just threaten you with a gun?"

Samatha's Ghost

Samatha seems to be fading, when Rana utters her name she seems to be visibly pulled back, the strain almost visible... When Rana asks her shade about Ben she gets glassy and confused ghost eyes looking back at her and keeps muttering as if stuck on a loop.

A'den
2015-04-03, 04:18 PM
Fyn

"Not like we have a whole bunch of other leads, maybe busting into his lair ain't the best idea but maybe we can catch him out in the open sometime away from his thugs... unless we can get something more from..." Ben wriggles his free hand at Dan and Rana referring to the spooky end of the investigation. He suddenly has a thought and pulls the pill bags out of his pocket.

"You think she'll react to these?" He asks Rana as he proffers the two little plastic baggies.

Zman
2015-04-04, 10:51 PM
Samatha's Ghost

Samatha's Ghost doesn't seem to read to the drugs at all and continues to face away...

Probably a good time for both Rana and Dan to discuss what they saw/heard.

Hyooz
2015-04-06, 10:53 PM
Daniel

Rana was struggling - it sounded like Samatha was pulling away. The Sight hadn't given him as much information as he might have hoped, but maybe if Rana knew... it could keep here closer. Composing himself, he went to her, and put a hand on her shoulder, as much for his sake as hers. "I saw Samatha too. She was... enslaved to something. To someone. Maybe that will jog her memory. Either way... if you can hear me Samatha, we're going to find him. He will answer for what he did to you."

Zman
2015-04-09, 09:06 AM
Zane

Zane looks at Fyn, "What about Kara K... She might be able to figure out who Ben is?"

Athedia
2015-04-09, 10:22 AM
Rana

Rana took the drugs and held them up. "Are you sure this isn't familiar? Did someone force you to take these? Are you still enslaved by them?"

Zman
2015-04-10, 03:45 PM
Samatha's Ghost

Samatha's ghost doesn't seem to even notice the drugs when held up by Rana as she fades out of sight...

As Samatha's ghost fades out of sight the sound of an approaching car can be heard driving down the street...

Passive Awareness...

Fair: There is a police car driving towards the group.
Average: There is a car approaching.
Medocre: What Car

Athedia
2015-04-11, 01:19 PM
Alertness (Average +1) [roll0]

Hyooz
2015-04-11, 03:32 PM
Alertness: Good(+3) - [roll0]

Hyooz
2015-04-11, 04:19 PM
Daniel

A slight breeze tickled his ears, and as he shifted to scratch at them, a hint of motion caught his eye. Cop car. Probably best not to get caught standing over a murder scene doing weird seance-y stuff. "We need to get out of sight. There's a cop car coming out way."

Athedia
2015-04-11, 05:03 PM
Rana

"Cops!" Rana looked at the baggies in her hands and then up at the guys around her. "What do I do with these!"

A'den
2015-04-12, 05:38 PM
Fyn

With a wave of his hand the sword disappeared from his hands as he walked over to Samantha, "Here give them to me I'm not throwing away our only clue."

"Don't do anything dumb just act casual guys."

Deceit: [roll0] Basically Fyn is hiding in plain sight. Nothing interesting to see here.

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-04-13, 09:28 AM
J.T.

Shoving his hands deep in his pockets and turning his back to the road, maybe he can avoid making awkward eye contact with the cop.

Deceit: [roll0] figured he go with the, if i cant see you you wont bother me, approch

Athedia
2015-04-13, 10:25 AM
Rana

Deceit: [roll0]

Lets hope this isn't as bad as the others.

EDIT: And no...

Rana was staring at the cop car, not sure what to do. Sane people where not out this late. What was she going to say? Oh I was talking to my dead roommate?

Zman
2015-04-13, 12:25 PM
Zane

Looking up alarmed, Well... ****... Zane tries to play it cool... "Yeah, we're totally going to get caught..."

Deceit[roll0]

Zman
2015-04-13, 12:28 PM
Cop

As the group fumbles around, the cop car approaches and slows down to a hault... slowly approaching the driver intently watching the group. The window rolls down and the cop in a polite but authoritarian tone asks, "What are you guys doing out here?" after a brief pause he adds, "You couldn't look more suspicious if you tried."

A'den
2015-04-13, 02:50 PM
Fyn

Fyn seemingly conjured emotion out of thin air and appeared to swallow deep he looked down at his shoes and put on a tone that morose and just a tad humble.

"Ah man, we heard this the spot our friend," He sniffed deeply his face screwed up emotionally for a moment, "Samatha... that this was spot she passed on, and we just wanted to make sure Samatha was... you know... Samatha was at peace! I was... I was. gonna ask her out the next day after the party... oh man... I can't believe she's gone."

Rapport: [roll0] [Average]
Deceit: [roll1] [Average] Fyn tucks the pills in his back pocket without the cop noticing.

And first impression Presence: [Good] [roll2]

Athedia
2015-04-13, 04:02 PM
Rana

"She was my roommate." Rana shot Fyn a look. "I had heard you can contact the recently dead if you go to the place they were found." She looked up at the police car, eyes wide and sad. "I miss her."

Rapport: [roll0] Average
Good Impression (Presence): [roll1] Average

Hyooz
2015-04-13, 05:25 PM
Daniel

Dan stuck close to the others, trying not to look like he was skulking. "Worst case scenario... we're here for a seance. Not doing anything illegal here... we should be fine I think."

Deceit Mediocre (+0) - [roll0]

Zman
2015-04-13, 08:57 PM
Officer

The officer seems to be taken aback when Fyn and Rana being up Samatha, and their connection, "It's ok... I understand. Didn't mean to intrude on your paying respects. It's just you guys looked a bit suspicious.". After a brief pause, "Stay safe...l sorry for your loss."

Rabbit_Shadow
2015-04-14, 08:12 AM
J.T.

when the cop gets a good distance away. J.T. decides that its ok to breath again.

"Sorry that I was not much help there. I could not really think of anything to say, and well I don't think he wanted to hear about vampires..."

Hyooz
2015-04-14, 09:37 AM
Daniel

Daniel shrugged, relieved that he didn't have to talk to the cop. Authority figures were never his... thing. "You never know... maybe he was also secretly magical, given the day we're having."

A'den
2015-04-16, 07:51 PM
Fyn

Fyn dropped the act once the cop left. He let out a sigh, "I think the next one that's supposed to join our little club is a dog and a stoner. Besides a cop might be hard to work with?"

He pulled out his cell phone and scrolled the through the contacts and rang Kara.

Zman
2015-04-16, 08:02 PM
Kara K

The phone barely rings before Fyn is sent straight to voicemail... Which is full.

As soon as the voicemail cuts out he gets a txt, ​Seriously, who calls?

A'den
2015-04-16, 10:33 PM
Fyn

"Seriously, the only reason you text is because you constantly gargle ****." Fyn mutters and starts texting into his phone.

Ur box is full, do you know a girl named Samatha?

Zman
2015-04-17, 03:39 PM
Kara K

Seven minutes later... Umm.... no.... the girl that died?

A'den
2015-04-17, 06:51 PM
Fyn

"****.." Fyn muttered then, "She doesn't know."

Ya, what about a guy named Ben, might of been hanging out, both were at my party?

Zman
2015-04-17, 07:11 PM
Kara K

Nine minutes pass.... Ben B. #25??

Four minutes later... Fyn receives a pic from Kara K's. It's a picture of a well muscled African American guy which short clean hair, Ben B. He's dancing with a girl, but her back is to Kara's camera, and the camera work is clearly alcohol induced and probably wasn't put on her FB page.

Both Fyn and Zane know Ben Barrens, former UW Halfback. Would have been an NFL prospect, but he blew his ACL out bad preseason Sophmore year, never recovered and dropped off the team.

A'den
2015-04-17, 08:17 PM
Fyn

k, thx.

Fyn looked at the photo, "Looks like a Ben what do you think Zane, about the only lead we have going right now? Guy used to play ball before he got hurt remember that?"

Zman
2015-04-17, 11:13 PM
Zane

When Zane sees the photo he nods his head...

When Rana sees the photo she will recognize that the girl is wearing the same outfit Samatha was,many that it is most likely Samatha

Athedia
2015-04-18, 01:15 AM
Rana

Rana glanced over at the phone and then back at the computer screen. After a seconds realization she grabbed the phone out of Fyn's hand. "That shirt. That's Samatha! She found that shop at a thrift store our first week here." She flipped up through the texts to read Kara K's response and then turned back to the directory. "That narrows it down, but to be fair it probably isn't to hard to find a black guy on campus. The stats what 2% African American? And half of those are probably female. And I super doubt they are all named Ben."

Hyooz
2015-04-18, 05:04 PM
Daniel

Keeping a safe distance from the all-important phone, Daniel couldn't help but focus on the spot he saw Samatha again. He could deal with death. Death was quick and easy and happened to everyone. He was prepared for a dead girl. But that sight... of her bound and chained and destroying herself against her own will... that he wasn't ready for. And, by all appearances, had gotten them no closer to an answer than they were before. Thankfully, someone else could use the tech they needed.

"So we do have a new lead, at least?"

Zman
2015-04-18, 10:52 PM
Zane

Zane nods his head as they seem to finally catch a break. Looking at Dan, "Can you tell us what you saw?"

Hyooz
2015-04-19, 06:25 PM
Daniel

He shrugged, taking a breath. "It was... well, Samatha. Just..." He shuddered as the image hit him full on again, like he had just opened his eyes to it for the first time. "Enslaved. Chained to someone and shoving pills into her mouth. She didn't want to. She couldn't stop herself, though. It was... horrible."